Toymods » Tech & Conversions » MR2 Air filters

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
WOW16V
Regular

May 2002
Re: MR2 Air filters Mon, 01 March 2004 00:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Right,the power wire on mine was hooked up from a feed to the instrument cluster and the earth was just bonded to a suitable position.The only wire that went through to the engine bay was the o2 sensor signal wire.My o2sensor wire is run down the middle of the car and then through the grommet on the drivers side and into the engine bay.
  Send a private message to this user    
levos1
Regular

March 2003
Re: MR2 Air filters Mon, 01 March 2004 02:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message

And your o2 censor runs off the one on the exhaust or the one off the computer!
it is really pissing me off now!
u install it urself?? did u use shielded wire for the engine bay??
cheers man!
MR. 2
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: MR2 Air filters Mon, 01 March 2004 05:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey wow16v.... yeah they are taking pre orders from what i have been told but u there is a catch they are molded /shaped as the bathurst tail lights 94 + are so u will have to get the middle peice looks so much better anyways.... If u dont want to do this then u can just cut ur orginal to fit dosnt have the best flush look about it though also u will have to bash into the pannels behind the pre 94 tail light models... to get them to fit (this is only if the rear of the light is set out the same as the orginal bathurst
the front clear lights again go to toyota penrith they do cost alot though (better off going to ebay cheap and there is crap loads of them)
also wow 16v matty that u sold the car to.... sorry to tell u the rolla is written off!!!!
WOW16V
Regular

May 2002
Re: MR2 Air filters Mon, 01 March 2004 06:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Levos-i didn't wire up the gauge,the auto elec did.I just told him that the purple wire needed to be tapped into the o2sensor so that the gauge would work.He somehow got the signal from a wire located either as part of the diagnostic terminal or just near it.Mine works sweet as.

MR.2- God damn,the corolla had too much power hey??,ha ha.Oh Well may the mighty WOW16V REST IN PEACE.I had some good fun in that beast,matt had changed it a fair bit though from when i had it.

And with those lights,i'm going to place an order asap.My mr2 is a 91,but i don't care what i have to do to make them fit,i want those shadow/black chrome ones.
MR. 2
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: MR2 Air filters Mon, 01 March 2004 23:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LOL too much power LOL ... it did go very well though smacked my little brothers ae92 20v lol and shit loads of other rollas.... no he was stantionary when it happened some guy in the rain didnt seem to wanna stop at trafic lights and bang front and back. I will see if he can get soime images up for us to look at...

he did change it heaps he put it all back to std front and back just left the skirts on. he had lots of issues with defects thats why.
WOW16V
Regular

May 2002
Re: MR2 Air filters Tue, 02 March 2004 05:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
An issue of being in the wrong place at the wrong time.Yeah my rolla was quick.I changed the engine over from a 88kw to a 100kw from an ae92.I also changed the gearbox over to one from a 20v.Defects were a problem for me but only for a little while.After i got defected bigtime for all the bodykit,basically every mod i had.I decided to not "PARADE" my car as much.I had no troubles then.When i first bought it,i went completely NUTS with it,i spent heaps and heaps,but after a malicous damage incident,two to be exact,i gave up on trying to get a showcar out of it and just focused on a nice daily driver.

Thank god,"touch wood" that my mr2 has been cop/defect free,i suppose i'm nowhere near as wild as i used to be.
levos1
Regular

March 2003
Re: MR2 Air filters Tue, 02 March 2004 07:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you guys go onto MR2 Australia at all!?? the website?

they have 2 meets the weekend as the toymods cruz, sat and sun
on the sunday they also have a cruise going up north to terrigal etc.

they are meeting at waitara maccas at 10 ish for a 1030 cruise i think!
if anyone is interested i can forward the email.
they said something about insurance, so i dunno if they want randoms cruising with them??
levos1
Regular

March 2003
Re: MR2 Air filters Tue, 02 March 2004 10:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah man!
i have it all working now and know where it has to go!
but i want to make the cabling look as stock as possible!
do u know where yours runs???
can u see it??
u got any photos???!
cheers man! its just iam hell anal about making it look really good!!
no dodgy!!
WOW16V
Regular

May 2002
Re: MR2 Air filters Tue, 02 March 2004 10:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Levos-are you talking bout the mr2club.com.au website.If so,then yes they have a 25th mr2 anniversary cruise on the 13th,this is for the mr2 owners in nsw.So if we want a purely mr2 cruise then i suggest this would be the one to attend.We need to get numbers organised quickly the cruise is approaching.So who is going and who is not??

Cheers Adrian
levos1
Regular

March 2003
Re: MR2 Air filters Tue, 02 March 2004 13:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Adrian,
thats one of them on on that weekend.
they have one on the sunday going North to Terrigal and all throught the beaches up that way.
but you have to be a Member so that you are covered buy insurance etc??!

but yeah if u guys wanna do that one iam interested, then it will be 2 terrigal cruises in 2 days! heheheh!!!
levos1
Regular

March 2003
Re: MR2 Air filters Sat, 06 March 2004 04:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
YES!!!!

my guage is finally working!!!!
fuck what a marathon effort!
but i now have a wiring diagram for the ecu and diagnostic clip!
so if n e one needs one i can do a photocopy!

so now it is installed and working i have to work out what iam reading eheheh!!
i thought it would sit still between the stoich when driving>??
but when i put my foot down it goes to rich!
i dunno!???!

Looks good tho!
WOW16V
Regular

May 2002
Re: MR2 Air filters Sat, 06 March 2004 10:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Naturally it constantly moves.The 02 sensor/ecu is always adjusting the fuel mixtures.When the car is under load/accel it will go to rich to indicate the mix is rich due to a whole dump of fuel,when crusing at a constant speed it should fluctuate between lean and stoich and when at a standstill the gauge will show lean or nothing cause the mixtures are very lean due to the car just idling.
levos1
Regular

March 2003
Re: MR2 Air filters Tue, 09 March 2004 04:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message

so who is still down for the cruz this weekend!!?????!
maccas on sat morning at 10!
MR. 2
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: MR2 Air filters Tue, 09 March 2004 05:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i now cant make it, i have to get the car tuned and other bits and peices. getting her ready for the creek next wed
WOW16V
Regular

May 2002
Re: MR2 Air filters Tue, 09 March 2004 05:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep,i'm still up for the cruise on saturday.Are we talking about the toymods cruise or the mr2club one???
levos1
Regular

March 2003
Re: MR2 Air filters Thu, 18 March 2004 07:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah what happened to the Turnout!!???!!
acrossx913
Regular

March 2003
Re: MR2 Air filters Fri, 19 March 2004 00:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey i was there and i didn't even know haha! Its chris the guy with the red mr2, i would advise against 18's or higher and i have on good word that this will destroy the awesome handling, ive been recommeded 17 inch 205/40 on the front and 235/40 on the rear for optimal looks and handling, depends what you want in a mr2, i quite often push it to its handling limits and would rather handling over the look factor each to their own! If you guys meet ill be there! its rare to see other mr2s! im thinking about going 3sgte rev 3, or rev 2 if it cant find a good cut of a rev3 Sad
Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: MR2 Air filters Fri, 19 March 2004 01:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
On the air filters note, I've got a HKS performance filter & housing my SW20(came with the car Smile) its has a nice induction noise, and I dont appear to have any flatspots right, revs(and delivers) freely through to 7000RPM, with the good power coming on at about 2500.
WOW16V
Regular

May 2002
Re: MR2 Air filters Fri, 19 March 2004 06:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Levos-rule of thumb,don't let your friends borrow your car to go to the shops,mine didn't make it back.Thats why i didn't make it,sorry.
levos1
Regular

March 2003
Re: MR2 Air filters Sat, 20 March 2004 02:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Awww shit!!!!
a death in the family??

end in tears??
not a fan man, come on tell us the story!

"man if that was my car i would be PISSED!"
levos1
Regular

March 2003
Re: MR2 Air filters Sat, 20 March 2004 09:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message

chris, where did you hear that about the wheels. iam not saying that u r wrong, but i saw the website for the TRD widebody kit for the SW20 and it had 18'' or 19's!

i think they were 18's
so what iam thinking is that if the Toyota guys are showing thier MR with the modded kit and the big wheels as an official after market option, would it be "de-tuning" it????

dunno.....
iam trying to find the site so i can confirm it!

Levos
KiwiMR2
Occasional Poster

March 2004
Re: MR2 Air filters Sat, 20 March 2004 09:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Anyone else with the Bathurst rear lights-
I was wondering, do both of the rear circles light up when the lites are on?? because mine, iam pretty sure only the outside lite up, but when u put the brakes on the inside ones lite up!???

With LIGHTS ON the outside 2 light up, with BRAKES ON all 4 light up, that is the TRUE J-spec config Smile

With regards to the intake side of things....IDEALY you really wanna have a cold airbox of some sort made up like so:

http://img19.photobucket.com/albums/v57/KiwiMR2/DS C00865.jpg
http://img19.photobucket.com/albums/v57/KiwiMR2/DS C00866.jpg
http://img19.photobucket.com/albums/v57/KiwiMR2/DS C00870.jpg
http://img19.photobucket.com/albums/v57/KiwiMR2/DS C00869.jpg
http://img19.photobucket.com/albums/v57/KiwiMR2/DS C00868.jpg

Iv'e obviously made use of the Tom's Snorkel too Smile

IMHO if you just put a pod of some sort in there it is no better if not worse than the oem setup as It will be sucking in HOT engine air.

What do the Type III MR2 lights go for these days?? Iv'e just advertised mine here:

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=31591&start=0&rid=5125&S=6a0fbe57dc1 d8db4031d2cf1c8bfb207

Is that a fair price over in Aussie?? I got the impression there quite rare and go for a fair bit more than that if they can be found??

Cheers
KiwiMR2
WOW16V
Regular

May 2002
Re: MR2 Air filters Sun, 21 March 2004 04:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Levos-I hate computers,ive tried writing this story out three times and eachtime its crashed so i'm gonna keep it short.Basically he took my car without asking while i was asleep,he wanted something to eat and my car was parked behind his so he couldnt get out.He lost it at a roundabout and collected the median strip and short yellow sign that you see sometimes at roundabouts.He stuffed the back right side.But it should be a quick fix.

Yey!! it didn't crash

Cheers Adrian
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: MR2 Air filters Sun, 21 March 2004 06:07 Go to previous message
*** Moderator Reminder **

Quote:

# If a point of technical interest is raised within a thread that does not relate to the original topic, please start a new topic.

# Please do not continue to banter on about irrelevant shit once discussion over the original topic has concluded. Random crap at the end of posts will be deleted.

# Where possible, please limit 'me too' posts. Please create a new topic if your own issue is not resolved through the existing discussion.

cheers
ed
Pages (2): [ «  <  1  2]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Studies on Slick 50 (or others)??
Next Topic:Grp A bumper - is this bit I broke important?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 15 03:48:53 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0060238838195801 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.