Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

FS: GZE Bottom End Sun, 25 August 2002 00:17 Go to next message
I have a GZE bottom end complete, I was going to use this for a turbo conversion later on but have ditched that plan in favour of the new engine Im building, so its up for sale. The block and internals seem to be in very good order. The emphasis is on getting it out of my garage asap to make some room so Im only asking $250

[Updated on: Sun, 25 August 2002 00:19]

Send a private message to this user    
Corvid
Regular

May 2002
Re: FS: GZE Bottom End Sun, 25 August 2002 03:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey irally..
what series motor was it? have u vernied the walls? or just how it is take it sorta thing?

Thanks mate..
IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: FS: GZE Bottom End Sun, 25 August 2002 05:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
to be honest I dont know what "series" block it is, however I belive they used both a three rib and a seven rib, this one is a seven rib block.

I have not had this block apart other than dropping the oil pan so I havent gauged the cylinders, but when I brought the block I went over it pretty thoroughly to make sure it was going to hold up to the turbo application for a decent period of time.

Corvid
Regular

May 2002
Re: FS: GZE Bottom End Sun, 25 August 2002 08:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The reason i ask as i feel its quite important as i am pondering the same idea.. Thing is i would like to know what the compression ratio is.. as the first "Series" is 8.0 and the 2nd & 3rd are 8.9, also the later gze's have actuall forgies as opposed to the "Semi-Forged", i believe all the GZE blocks are 7 rib, also all s/c blocks have more nickel added when built for strength.
barbel
Regular

May 2002
Re: FS: GZE Bottom End Sun, 25 August 2002 08:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message

i'm very keen michael,

so let me get this straight, it's just bottom end with out the head, did u buy it from an importer when u planned the conversion?

can i come have a look at it asap as i'm off OS for 2 weeks on wed morning? maybe in the evening...

cheers

paul
IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: FS: GZE Bottom End Sun, 25 August 2002 08:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corvid, if you tell me how to check which series it is Ill find out what it is, as I understand it the compresion ratio may have more to do with which head was used, early GZE's may have used a bigport head and the later ones used the small port this may be where your differeing compression ratios are mainly occuring.

Barbel, yep bottom end no head, no water pump etc just a bare block, I bought this engine from a friend who was planning on doing something similar and I dont know where he got it from. You have a PM and if you have time you can come look at it tonight if youre early enough
barbel
Regular

May 2002
Re: FS: GZE Bottom End Sun, 25 August 2002 08:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message

you have pm. thanks
p2k.
Occasional Poster

August 2002

Re: FS: GZE Bottom End Sun, 25 August 2002 15:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gday mate very interested in your engine, where are you at?
if in sydney, when is convenient to pick up

PS
what parts are needed to make complete engine?

Eli
IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: FS: GZE Bottom End Tue, 27 August 2002 08:49 Go to previous message
Thank you all for your interest, the block is now sold
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:3TGTEU custom injection setup and polished plenum for sale.
Next Topic:Car TV screen - SABA - (Dropped the price)
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 02:28:41 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0052978992462158 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.