Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Cruises and Events » Toymods City Cruise, 19th March *Official Cruise*

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
BigWorm
Forums Junkie

Toymods Board Member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Toymods City Cruise, 19th March *Official Cruise* Sat, 06 March 2004 13:06 Go to next message
When: 7:30pm, Friday 19th March.
Where: Homebush bay, Carpark P6, just off Australia Ave, right near Homebush station.

It's a while since we've been through the city, & the weather ain't gettin' any warmer. Smile
We'll leave around 8:30 & head down victoria Rd, over Anzac Bridge, & into the rocks through the back way. We'll have a regroup before cruising up George St a bit & then heading up to the Botanical Gardens for another regroup.
When we leave here we'll take the harbour tunnel & then take the offramp on the left to take us through Mosman, where we'll turn off down to Taronga Zoo & stop down there for a possible photo opp.
Once we leave Taronga we'll make our way up to Brookvale Maccas, for our final stop.

Bring your CBs, juice up your cars (stopping for petrol sux Mad) and shine up your chromies, we're hitting the town! Very Happy Laughing

[Updated on: Sat, 20 March 2004 00:33]

Send a private message to this user    
Soarin
Regular

June 2002
Re: Toymods City Cruise, 19th March *Official Cruise* Sun, 07 March 2004 00:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oooh I'm interested... so you guys are leaving Homebush at 8.30pm then? I'm not free until 8.00pm on fridays because of work but I can make it by 8.30 for sure.

Jose
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Toymods City Cruise, 19th March *Official Cruise* Sun, 07 March 2004 01:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sweet I am there
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Toymods City Cruise, 19th March *Official Cruise* Sun, 07 March 2004 07:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sounds good to me...
finney
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Toymods City Cruise, 19th March *Official Cruise* Sun, 07 March 2004 08:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sounds cool, hopefully i'll be buying a new car next weekend so that'll work out sweet Very Happy
RAV-GT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Toymods City Cruise, 19th March *Official Cruise* Sun, 07 March 2004 14:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I don't think I'll have the RAV back on the road by then... but it will be close. I actually planned to have the conversion done before the last Dyno Day, but that was before I decided to COMPLETELY rebuild the engine instead of dropping it in blind. Shocked
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: Toymods City Cruise, 19th March *Official Cruise* Sun, 07 March 2004 21:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If my car's back together by then Joel I should be able to make it. Sad
TheStitt
Forums Junkie

Membership Secretary

June 2002

Re: Toymods City Cruise, 19th March *Official Cruise* Mon, 08 March 2004 10:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll be there for sure to add to the old school class

Just hope the boys in Blue don't make an apperance. I will be driving safely but noise may still be a problem.

Should be a great night never cruised through the city with more than two cars. Will be hard to stay in a group
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Toymods City Cruise, 19th March *Official Cruise* Wed, 10 March 2004 12:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ill try to be there. There will be no shine, and definitely no chrome Razz

It'll be all black and noisy as hell.
Caledwvech
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Toymods City Cruise, 19th March *Official Cruise* Wed, 10 March 2004 23:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If I have my car on the road by then, I will be there. Smile
wagonist
Forums Junkie

Toymods Club Treasurer

May 2002
Re: Toymods City Cruise, 19th March *Official Cruise* Fri, 12 March 2004 09:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Should be there.
Where's the regroup going to be? There's not enough room under the bridge.
The new place for the sik cars to hang out is on a side road west of the bridge. We'll be going past there anyway. Might be a good place to check out the other cars as well.
puzzle man
Forums Junkie

Official Cruise Dude

March 2004
Re: Toymods City Cruise, 19th March *Official Cruise* Sat, 13 March 2004 04:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what ch do u have your cbs on and r thay uhf or am
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Toymods City Cruise, 19th March *Official Cruise* Sat, 13 March 2004 06:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
UHF, and almost always ch16.
BigWorm
Forums Junkie

Toymods Board Member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Toymods City Cruise, 19th March *Official Cruise* Sat, 13 March 2004 15:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
We'll be stopping well before the bridge, where ever we can fit however many cars we have on the night.
Camry220
Newcomer

March 2004
Re: Toymods City Cruise, 19th March *Official Cruise* Mon, 15 March 2004 06:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Whats the chances of a visiting South African Toy fan (whos carless in Oz) joining u guys??? (Cos I'm in Sydney on the 19/03/2004)
WOuld be gr8 to meet fellow Toy fans....and see a bit of the city at the same time....
mx83toy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Toymods City Cruise, 19th March *Official Cruise* Mon, 15 March 2004 21:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mad!!! i'll bring the cressi out to play Evil or Very Mad

though im not cleening it the dirt on my car makes it look better Razz think it time for a paint job
TheStitt
Forums Junkie

Membership Secretary

June 2002

Re: Toymods City Cruise, 19th March *Official Cruise* Tue, 16 March 2004 01:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Camry 220 Don't mind you riding with me if you can handle cruising the wagon.

Check your PM
MR KE70
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Toymods City Cruise, 19th March *Official Cruise* Tue, 16 March 2004 08:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
not 100 percent yet but so far im in and will be lackin behind in my 4k so ill try keep up

mr ke70
DannyGT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods Board Member

May 2002

Re: Toymods City Cruise, 19th March *Official Cruise* Tue, 16 March 2004 10:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message

i'm up for a drive so i'll be there cb in hand

this friday!

who else is up for it?

puzzle man
Forums Junkie

Official Cruise Dude

March 2004
Re: Toymods City Cruise, 19th March *Official Cruise* Tue, 16 March 2004 11:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shocked We'll definatly be there nice and early but we'll leave the neons off. Shocked
wagonist
Forums Junkie

Toymods Club Treasurer

May 2002
Re: Toymods City Cruise, 19th March *Official Cruise* Tue, 16 March 2004 23:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Stitt, try a banana up the exhaust pipe, that should quieten it down a bit Laughing
Joel, about 1.5km west of the bridge on a side road is now the new hangout for the nice & rice cars.
I'll show you where it is when we meet up at Homebush.
-SPY-
Occasional Poster

March 2004

Re: Toymods City Cruise, 19th March *Official Cruise* Wed, 17 March 2004 13:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just like to know, is this an invite only kinda thing ? or is it open to anyone and any cars ? Smile

thx
DannyGT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods Board Member

May 2002

Re: Toymods City Cruise, 19th March *Official Cruise* Wed, 17 March 2004 14:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message

we toymodders are a friendly bunch so newcomers are more than welcome Smile

what sort of car do you have?

-SPY-
Occasional Poster

March 2004

Re: Toymods City Cruise, 19th March *Official Cruise* Wed, 17 March 2004 15:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thx DannyGT4

I drive a ZZT231 celica, had it for about 2yrs and I've added some basic handling goodies

THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Toymods City Cruise, 19th March *Official Cruise* Wed, 17 March 2004 23:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Very tidy!

Bring it along mate, and any friends if you want. We really have these cruises for open attendance, so long as you are in the spirit. (ie. no bad bad behaviour)

Would like to see a new sillicar on a cruise
-SPY-
Occasional Poster

March 2004

Re: Toymods City Cruise, 19th March *Official Cruise* Thu, 18 March 2004 01:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Great, i shall get there nice and early Smile what time do you normally meet up @ P6 btw ?
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Toymods City Cruise, 19th March *Official Cruise* Thu, 18 March 2004 07:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
as the post says... 7.30pm.

usually a few people are a coupla mins late - hence why we dont intend to leave until about 8.30pm.
DiZ_
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: Toymods City Cruise, 19th March *Official Cruise* Thu, 18 March 2004 08:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I shall be turning up to the meet point , but not into the city.

The boys in blue would love my front tyres Confused Plus new tint goes in soon. Cool
Levin4Kevin
Regular

May 2003
Re: Toymods City Cruise, 19th March *Official Cruise* Thu, 18 March 2004 11:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi all,

If you guys remember me, I use to own the little grey AE92 with the 4AGZE. Anyway, as you know I have not been able to make the meetings for a few months as my wife and I had prenatal (baby) class' on Monday nights Crying or Very Sad I just went and told the wife that I wanted to come and meet up with you all tomorrow night and she just told me she's had a contraction Shocked So fingers crossed, or maybe her legs and I will be able to get there for the pre-drive gathering. If not, enjoy the night. Cheers, Kevin

P.S. I'm now in a white MX83 Cressida with 18's etc.
acrossx913
Regular

March 2003
Re: Toymods City Cruise, 19th March *Official Cruise* Thu, 18 March 2004 22:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im keen and would love to talk to karl about my possible 3sgte upgrade hmm but got dinner at the gfs friends place so i dont think i would get there in time! Sad
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: Toymods City Cruise, 19th March *Official Cruise* Fri, 19 March 2004 03:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gotta bail on tonight guys, sorry!! By the time I get back home from work in the city you'll probably be just about ready to depart Homebush! Sad

Have fun & stay outta trouble. Wink
MR KE70
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Toymods City Cruise, 19th March *Official Cruise* Fri, 19 March 2004 06:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im in fellas
mx83toy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Toymods City Cruise, 19th March *Official Cruise* Fri, 19 March 2004 14:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well what can i say the night was so well planned out the cruise route was awsome great job!!! but what the F--- were some idiots doing!!! bunch of freakn hoons!!!!! keep crap like that off the road and on the track! tonight i was ashamed to be acociated with the club i really was Mad Crying or Very Sad ... a street cruz should be a cruz not what went on tonight! i lost count of how many times i almost got cleened up and how many cars i nealy totaled it was bad!

I vote members only cruz's from here on in, any carrying on like that should have their membership pulled off em! i know the cruz's wont be as big but a hell of a lot safer

These are public roads dam it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[Updated on: Fri, 19 March 2004 14:13]

BigWorm
Forums Junkie

Toymods Board Member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Toymods City Cruise, 19th March *Official Cruise* Fri, 19 March 2004 15:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for coming tonight mate, but wow, I wish you'd told me about what was going on!
If myself or one of the other board members knew of the sort of stuff going on that you described we would have definitely had some stern words to say, on official cruises like this our car club is on the line & we will not tolerate any stupid/dangerous/illegal behaviour from anyone.

I'm actually quite shocked by this, I thought tonight went pretty well, we all managed to make it to each stop & didn't have any hassles from anyone, & now I come home and read this.
I'm very dissapointed.
The next cruise I organise I will plan for someone else to lead the way, I wanna hang back in the pack & see what goes on. And then I will have stuff to say if I see anything I don't like.
I myself spent most of tonight driving up to 30km/h under the speed limit.
Caledwvech
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Toymods City Cruise, 19th March *Official Cruise* Fri, 19 March 2004 20:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
heh well I had no idea about any nasty driving, so I had a great time! cheers fellas

even got to duck off and pick up some coilovers for the poopra Very Happy had a great night cheers... wish I had a digicam *sniff* RIP digi....

comon joel stick your pics up Smile
wagonist
Forums Junkie

Toymods Club Treasurer

May 2002
Re: Toymods City Cruise, 19th March *Official Cruise* Sat, 20 March 2004 00:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You're right Joel, everyone did make it to each stop. Pity the route taken to get there was not the one as described.

Off the Anzac bridge was the first one, where someone headed for Bathurst St instead (Sorry Joel but your instruction to be in the middle right lane was wrong, should have been middle left lane).
Someone going over the Harbour bridge too caused quite a few problems back in the pack (like cars having to come to a dead stop in the right lane so they could shoot across 3 lanes of traffic!!)

I think we need to develop a way to let the cars behind know you're lost, so someone else could take the lead of that bunch.

All up a great night though, great turnout, good variety of cars (where have the old Celicas & Corollas disappeared to?
Soarin
Regular

June 2002
Re: Toymods City Cruise, 19th March *Official Cruise* Sat, 20 March 2004 02:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi guys,
Last night was my first Toymods cruise and I enjoyed it! Nice turn out, plenty of different cars... would anyone mind if I post some pics that we took?
finney
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Toymods City Cruise, 19th March *Official Cruise* Sat, 20 March 2004 02:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey,
Had a good night, but i must say the best driving came on the way back from maccas along mona vale road Smile just a clear road with 5 toyotas and nobody else in sight.
Thanks to those who made the effort in organising the night so all went smoothly.
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Toymods City Cruise, 19th March *Official Cruise* Sat, 20 March 2004 03:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Twas a good cruise last night... I left with the KE70 and Plowboy and proceeded onto Bondi and back to the Rocks... No coppers anywhere... Was a good night...
bernie180
Newcomer

March 2004
Re: Toymods City Cruise, 19th March *Official Cruise* Sat, 20 March 2004 03:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Was a good night ! My first Toymods/Toyota cruise..

Nice to see the oldies with conversions.

First time I saw a JZX90 and Caldina and that other sik wagon. What was it called again?

The Supras and Soarers were neat! SPY mobile Celica shiny as ever, and that was the most Rolla Sportivo's i've seen in a night !

As for behaviour, hope I didn't bend any of your rules too much ! I didn't even give anybody a run, that's fairly good behaviour for me hahaha..

MR KE70
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Toymods City Cruise, 19th March *Official Cruise* Sat, 20 March 2004 06:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah mad a really good night perfect cruisin weather thanks for it all especially joel mate if it wasnt for you none of this would happen.

benny what was the old numberplate on the car u bought..oh yeah ur car looks fucken hot

mr ke70
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Toymods City Cruise, 19th March *Official Cruise* Sat, 20 March 2004 06:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mx83,

since you have editted your post, i dont know exactly what you are referring to. I was for pretty much all of the cruise at the back of the pack, and had a good view of most of what was going on (within eyesight) with the cars up back. Danny also was usually a few cars in front or behind - so i think we had some good coverage. If you could, can you PM me with what you are particularly referring to?

From my perspective things looked ok - there were a few close calls here and there, but from my experience that just tends to always be the case with city cruises, traffic lights and directional confusion. Add to that the number of cars we had and it really does make things hairy at times.

-----

Overall i had a good night. I did get scared once or twice with the confusion of the bridge/tunnel diversion and the lock up over the anzac bridge (was only me and another car - purely accidental not hooliganism). But it was fun.

I thought it was awesome to get such a diversity of cars, except for once - NO OLD SCHOOL CELICAS!!!!!!! Must be just cos Joel and I dont have ours going Razz

BIG UP the sportivo/ZZT celica guys for coming along - that was sweet

When i can, ill get some piccies up.
-SPY-
Occasional Poster

March 2004

Re: Toymods City Cruise, 19th March *Official Cruise* Sat, 20 March 2004 07:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi all Toymodders,

Thanks for organising the cruise event, I had really enjoyable night. Although it was abit of a hectic reaching the first stop. However, it is all understandable for the number of cars we had, trying to squeeze into the city, but for the rest of the night everything went smoothly... and I must say, all of you are cool and friendly Cool

DannyGT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods Board Member

May 2002

Re: Toymods City Cruise, 19th March *Official Cruise* Sat, 20 March 2004 08:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message

30 cars turned up... 20 made it to the end Smile

was great to see such a variety and a heap of new faces

hope i got a chance to say hi to you all

thanks 4 coming and cya at the next one!

Soarin
Regular

June 2002
Re: Toymods City Cruise, 19th March *Official Cruise* Sat, 20 March 2004 10:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Some pics from the night...
http://www.clublexus.com/gallery/data/500/4903DSC00150.JPG
Down at Taronga Zoo meeting point

http://www.clublexus.com/gallery/data/500/4903DSC00170.JPG
Some action shots taken by a mate

http://www.clublexus.com/gallery/data/500/4903DSC00169.JPG
Some action shots taken by a mate of my car Very Happy

http://www.clublexus.com/gallery/data/500/4903DSC00165.JPG
Supra

http://www.clublexus.com/gallery/data/500/4903DSC00157.JPG
Supra drivin monkey

http://www.clublexus.com/gallery/data/500/4903DSC00174.JPG
One last action shot...

Hope I posted these pics in the right part of the forum. It was a good cruise Cool
SoArAh
Newcomer

March 2004
Re: Toymods City Cruise, 19th March *Official Cruise* Sat, 20 March 2004 15:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Jose, its Duy. I just joined!

Hi all.. it was a pretty good cruise.. i liked the fact that there was a different variety of cars. felt mad.

see you all on the next cruise.
pannelvan_screema
Regular

November 2002
Re: Toymods City Cruise, 19th March *Official Cruise* Sun, 21 March 2004 10:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey guys

Good to catch up with some of the fellas again. It was an excelent night i thought. there was a bit of speeding here and there (friendly rivalry) but nothing dangerous. Sorry for beatin u in the mighty stivo carl, hope no love lost Very Happy nice ride anyway, Class 1 sleepa!

Oh and one day joel i will become a financial member. Honest!

well good orginisation and a smooth night cant wait for the next one

Cheers
Richard
Sprinter-Saurus
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Toymods City Cruise, 19th March *Official Cruise* Mon, 22 March 2004 09:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DAMN IT!!!!

i knew i should have come along lol. Laughing

had a feeling it would have been a good cruise. on the upside the Sprinter threw a timing belt on sat morning going to get my new tyres and mags fitted, so in a way im glad i didnt come cos i might have broken down in the middle of the city instead of up the road from home like i did haha. Very Happy

ah well cant wait till the new motor goes in then ill be up for some cruising. Smile

later all!!
Camry220
Newcomer

March 2004
Re: Toymods City Cruise, 19th March *Official Cruise* Mon, 22 March 2004 20:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Guys

I'm back in SOuth Africa...
Just wanted to thank all at the cruise for the warm welcome...It was really awesome to spend some time with another foreign club and get such a gr8 reception...
The variety of cars u guys have in the club is just mind boggling..we rarely see many of those models..some not at all...
I had a really fantastic time with everyone and it gave me a chance to see Sydney at night.....
WHo knows..maybe I join u guys for some other event some time in the future...I will keep up with the forum as often as possible...also if anyone's ever visiting SOuth Africa, just PM me...maybe u can join with our club while u r here....

A special thanx to The Stitt for letting me ride with him and for hm going out of his way to get me home...really appreciate it bro'!!!!

U'll have a gr8 club and its future loks really bright!!

Thanx again everyone...

Suren
finney
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Toymods City Cruise, 19th March *Official Cruise* Wed, 24 March 2004 07:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey, just wondering if there were any more photos from the night?
TheStitt
Forums Junkie

Membership Secretary

June 2002

Re: Toymods City Cruise, 19th March *Official Cruise* Wed, 24 March 2004 12:42 Go to previous message
Hey all I had a great night. Just like to back up what Joel said. IF there was driving like that going on we wouldn't tolerate it. However i was normally mid pack and everything was well behaved.

Bernie 180 I own that other "sik wagon" its a MS53 a 68 Crown Custom Wagon with a few mods done.

Well done to all the new celicas and corolla's they have been a long time in coming.

Great to see many new faces hope you come along again.

See you all again on the next cruise, most probably with tired eyes at a M4 Servo

TheStitt

[Updated on: Wed, 24 March 2004 12:43]

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:G Coast sat nite (20/03)
Next Topic:Next Brissie Cruise
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 17:29:03 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00876784324646 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.