Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Europaint Australia Sun, 21 March 2004 08:49 Go to next message
Europaint Australia are offering $599 resprays. Whats the catch? I tried phoning them but I got answering machine.

http://carpoint.ninemsn.com.au/content/autoshop/asm-euro.jpg

Anyone know what the go is?

thanks
old_mr2
  Send a private message to this user    
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Europaint Australia Sun, 21 March 2004 08:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There isnt much involved in a respray. A respray just requires a light sand and tape up all the things that need to be covered.
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Europaint Australia Sun, 21 March 2004 08:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So basically, you do the prep work, they do the respray?
Is there anywhere in Newcastle/Sydney that would do it for that price? Or is that price a common quote? it seems a little cheap thats all...

thanks
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Europaint Australia Sun, 21 March 2004 09:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
They do all the work. There just isn't that much work to be done.
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Europaint Australia Sun, 21 March 2004 09:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I dont understand. I thought resprays were like $2500+ when they do all the work??
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Europaint Australia Sun, 21 March 2004 09:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
$2500 would be for a bare metal paint job. A respray and a bare metal job are 2 different things.
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Europaint Australia Sun, 21 March 2004 09:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ah I see.
Does anyone know a place in sydney/newcastle that would do me a 'respray' for around that price? I cant afford a bare metal respray...

thanks

[Updated on: Sun, 21 March 2004 09:33]

SeptemberSquallIndustries
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: Europaint Australia Sun, 21 March 2004 10:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I went to this shop in Bayswater and had a quote done. Basically $599 was to sand, mask and paint the car in a basic colour. Remove/Refit, blacks, dent removal, etc. etc. was extra. Metallic, two-tone or pearl was extra. The screens will stay in. The job will be exterior only ~ door sills, inside boot, under bonnet, engine bay etc. is extra.

Labour in a regular auto workshop comes at ~$70/hr, do the maths.
SeptemberSquallIndustries
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: Europaint Australia Sun, 21 March 2004 10:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Does anyone know a place in sydney/newcastle that would do me a 'respray' for around that price? I cant afford a bare metal respray...

There was a guy advertising on AusRotary doing resprays for around $500 in south coast NSW somewhere but that was months ago. Maybe start asking there?
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Europaint Australia Sun, 21 March 2004 12:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok thanks mate.
Jayem
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Europaint Australia Sun, 21 March 2004 16:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I did got my car resprayed and it end up costing 250¤ (410AUD). Guy who respayed my car was an old true pro and he took 100¤ (160AUD) for respray including oven charge. 150¤ did go for metallic "latest European 2-pack Rolling Eyes " paint (1.3L), 2-pack primer, phosphorus-acid paint, 2-pack spray filler, filler putty, etc. All the before mentioned products were from Spies & Hecker product range. I did all the welding, sand blasting, paint preparations etc. myself and I could say that it was at least semi-bare metal job. I dont know what sort of the prices you get there but 599AUD for respray would be rip off here.

If you have straight and rust free car, you can get similar professional respray here for 260AUD.
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Europaint Australia Mon, 22 March 2004 05:36 Go to previous message
If only i lived in finland. thanks mate
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:1uzfe
Next Topic:aristo vvti 2jzgte into jza70 supra
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-