Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
dar_sbb
Regular

June 2003
fog light wiring Mon, 22 March 2004 03:17 Go to next message
i got a st162 and was wondering how to wire a set of fog lights to the parkers? (headlight switch)

Thanks
  Send a private message to this user    
ZZT231
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: fog light wiring Mon, 22 March 2004 04:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it's not very hard to do...
the main things need a:
-12v 40amp relay
-Fuse and Fuse Holder
-Switch
-Terminals
-wire 20amp and 5amp

1. tap the radio dimmer light wire or parking light wire in the front using 5amp cabling. (Nearest to the battery.
2. that wire goes to the switch then the wire goes to the engine bay.
3.hook the wire to the relay (85)
4.make power cable so make a fuse holder with 20amp wire that connects from the battery then connect it to the relay (30)
5.make a ground wire and connect it to the relay(86)

Now place a small amp fuse to the fuse holder and test it.
Use a test light which is connected to the ground and touch the relay (87). it should light up.

If you blew the parking ligth fuse connect the ground wire from the relay to the battery.

6. connect the driving lights +ve wire to the relay (87).
make sure you ground the driving light wire to the body.

I hope this helps
Cheers
ZZT231
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: fog light wiring Mon, 22 March 2004 04:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
And the numbers in the brackets represent numbers on the relay...

Cheers.
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: fog light wiring Mon, 22 March 2004 07:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Be careful dude
you will be booked if your fog lights are on for no reason. Or you will be here in newcastle.
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: fog light wiring Mon, 22 March 2004 07:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
are you after driving lights or fog lamps? if it's the former then you have to tap into the high-beam wire, not the park light.

If it's the later, tap into the low-beam wire.

either way, imagine your car with fog lamps on driving towards you in the fog ... do you really want to inflict unwarranted glare and irritation on fellow road users?
sik sx
Regular

I supported Toymods

March 2004
Re: fog light wiring Tue, 23 March 2004 03:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i just installed some on my st162..what i did was i took the front lights out and found the positive and negative to the driving lights(side small lights/parkers)..striped those wires back a tad..connected em up throught there and wala!..but apparently if they are over 55 watts they are illeagal to have on..so hooking up to high beam may be wise..i have mine unhooked atm cos i am a learner driver and dont want to be pulled up for having the driver lights..but once i have my P's i will connnect them again..heaps of my friends have them and have them on all the time and no one has been booked yet..so good luck
ZZT231
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: fog light wiring Wed, 24 March 2004 09:09 Go to previous message
It all depends which type of driving/fog light you have. The fog lights can be used on the parking light(in Victoria) as long it does not annoy other drivers on the road and in use for a changing of weather enviroment (fog, heavy rain).
If you have the cheap no name type the built quality is not very good. The cheap ones have clear lens and classifed as "driving" and uses 55watt bulbs and it looks like a pencil beam at night

If the lens looks like a normal lens and disperse the light classifed as "fog"

My SA63 has Hella 155 foglights from a XF Spac Falcon and so far no one has told me off because it emmits 55watts using the fog lens. I still have a set at home of Hella 450 commets which are also 55watts of the high lights.
The car as a 3way switch(high and parking and off) so i can change the fog or diving light to go on when i want.

Also the MA61 have the same set up but the lens is used from American Spec/Jap Spec.

Cheers
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:RX30 Cressida Strut in RA28?
Next Topic:ae92 rear strut question
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon May 20 23:12:17 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0039489269256592 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.