Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

icon5.gif  ST205 Water Sprayer Wiring Mon, 22 March 2004 08:13 Go to next message
Does anyone have a wiring diargram that shows how to connect the factory Water Sprayer in the JDM ST205's. The pump and sprayer are all wired up and I have traced it back to the main loom..... Where does it go from there ???

Any help Greatly appreciated.
  Send a private message to this user    
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: ST205 Water Sprayer Wiring Mon, 22 March 2004 08:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I checked out the ST205 service manual but cant find anything in there at all about the water sprayers Confused
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: ST205 Water Sprayer Wiring Mon, 22 March 2004 10:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
best bet would be route around it rod - this is what im doing for my st185 Grp A waterspray kit ..

just hook it up to a toggle swtich - or maybe a temp sensing solinoidy switch thing..

MRT do alot of these kits on WRX's - they might have a good suggestion if you want it " loomed in "
IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: ST205 Water Sprayer Wiring Mon, 22 March 2004 22:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rod I believe they are switched at the ecu.. if you have the whole loom do a continuity test on the plug ends.

Pinout
http://ira11y.qnix.com.au/ST205ECUdiagram2.jpeg

also try here, theres some wiring diagrams under ST205, ecu power source diagrams

http://gtfour.supras.org.nz/diagrams.htm
toyoda
Regular

November 2003
Re: ST205 Water Sprayer Wiring Mon, 22 March 2004 23:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My understanding is that they only operate at very high temperatures and "Normal" driving would not cause them to operate.

The Pump in the wiring Diagrams may be the Intercooler Water Pump ( Electric)for flow of water through the intercooler.

I will see if I can find a wiring Diagram later but would suggest that Classique 71 has the right idea.

Toyoda
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: ST205 Water Sprayer Wiring Tue, 23 March 2004 01:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Guys,

This is a Complete ST205 Import not just a front cut. The Water sprayers look to be set up as far as the wiring goes, The water pump and all the water klines are connected. Problem is that the wires disapear into the main loom and there is no dedicated fuse or relay we can find for them.

We just trying to work out which bit was ot connected from the factory. This is one of the Limited Homologation models so its all in there something just isn't plugged in ???

Thanks for the diagrams Michael, I had the pinouts but hopefully those plug layouts will show something ?

[Updated on: Tue, 23 March 2004 01:04]

toyoda
Regular

November 2003
Re: ST205 Water Sprayer Wiring Tue, 23 March 2004 01:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OK Found a copy of the Group A ST205 Supplement

Give me a Fax No and I will send it through.

Toyoda
toyoda
Regular

November 2003
Re: ST205 Water Sprayer Wiring Tue, 23 March 2004 01:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
By the way - There is two types of Water spray:

1/. Into Manifold ( thats what it looks like anyway)
2/. Onto Sub Radiator

Toyoda
IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: ST205 Water Sprayer Wiring Tue, 23 March 2004 02:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rod. on this diagram it shows the IC relay on the left just after the 3 loom plugs

http://gtfour.supras.org.nz/pics/ECU2.pdf

sideshow
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: ST205 Water Sprayer Wiring Tue, 23 March 2004 03:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i thought the water pump was the water to air intercooler pump

i have never heard of water spray on a celica gt4

i might be wrong

i know lancers have the switch near the handbrake

but im sure the above wiring diagram is the water pump for the water to air intercooler

the ecu controls what speed the pump to go at

easiest way to set up water spray is to get a hobbs adjustable boost switch about 50 bucks

but make sure u have a big tank of water
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: ST205 Water Sprayer Wiring Tue, 23 March 2004 07:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
for those who dont know - all group A , RC and carlos sainz st185's and 205's had the facilitys for a water spray kit - it was just never wired in

the st205 WRC editions also had water INJECTION setups there as well as ive found out recently ..

Neither are wired in to function on the road car - sadly ..

you have to do it yourself

Another example on the ST205 is the anti lag device - or that thing that makes the rallycars go BANGBANG thru the hills .. its there - just not functional.
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: ST205 Water Sprayer Wiring Tue, 23 March 2004 07:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
All those diagrams above talking about the intercooler pump are exactly that. The pump that runs water through the intercooler.
I have the full 6 manuals for the ST205 and they do not mention the water sprayers.
toyoda
Regular

November 2003
Re: ST205 Water Sprayer Wiring Tue, 23 March 2004 21:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
As I said, I have a copy of the Celica ST205 ( Group A homologation-Based model) Supplement for 3S-GTE Engine repair Manual in front of me.

Its contents are :

Water Inhection
Water Pump
Pressure Pipe
Water Bypass Pipe
Water Pump
3 Way Valve
Air Injection Manifold

Also included are a couple of Wiring Diagrams on the back

Same offer - Give me a Fax No and I will Fax it through.

Toyoda
GT4_Steve
Regular

June 2002

Re: ST205 Water Sprayer Wiring Fri, 26 March 2004 10:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I was just looking at the water spray setup, which is factory installed but not operational, and decided it might need a better look at another time. From memory I recall some guys found a valve needed removing?? or a pole change?? and also I think they found the actual nozzles were too big and leak???.
Can someone verify this?? If anyone hears or finds what nozzles etc I'll need or can suggest some then please let me know!!!

also, just skimming the other posts and no offence but I was still confused about your list and still can't locate the water sprayer bit

Its contents are :
Water Inhection
Water Pump
Pressure Pipe
Water Bypass Pipe
Water Pump
3 Way Valve
Air Injection Manifold

I sure hope you are not confusing the water injection (into fuel/air mix) with an intercooler water spray setup.
Hawk
Regular

August 2003
Re: ST205 Water Sprayer Wiring Sat, 27 March 2004 08:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I went to Toyota and asked about getting a new part for the waterspray kit but they didn't know anything about it. They found the part number but it had no description or name. The part is going to cost $40 from Japan, so i've just crimped the water pipe for now. It uses the windscreen fluid as I found out when I filled it up and got a wet foot. Shocked

I have pics of the water spray kit if anyone is interested in what they look like.
Puffy
Regular

May 2002
Re: ST205 Water Sprayer Wiring Sat, 27 March 2004 09:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Guys, this is what I know about the squirters from the 185 Group A's

They run off a secondary pump located on the bottom of the windscreen washer bottle.

The water pipe that is attached to this connects to a " T Piece" on the right hand side of the front bar. One end would normally be blocked off ( this is normally used on group A's that also came with headlight squirters Rolling Eyes ) and the other is for the intercooler heat exchanger.

Following these wires did not lead back to the ECU but to the instrumental cluster so there must have be an option/button to operate it manually.

I ended up doing a very basic mod which involved a bit of wire tapping which allowed me to operate the squirters from the instrumental stalk.
GT4_Steve
Regular

June 2002

Re: ST205 Water Sprayer Wiring Sat, 27 March 2004 12:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Puffy, hows your beast going??

Did you find the nozzles to be ok and do they leak/syphon out??

I traced it up behind the blinker and down to the w-screen washer bottle. I might have to see you one day and get a pin point on where to pick up on those wires. I know how painful it can be behind the dash, try setting up the factory (ST184) fog lights, took me forever to feed 1 lead up to the right hole, top right of the instrment cluster.

[Updated on: Sat, 27 March 2004 13:03]

Puffy
Regular

May 2002
Re: ST205 Water Sprayer Wiring Sun, 28 March 2004 06:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No Probs Steve,

The ST195 Very Happy is gettin there. The squirters are ok because they sit above the motor so thet do not leak however if the washer bottle is full and you use the squirters they do tend to syphon out a bit due to the pressure in the bottle. It will continue to leak until the water level is not so high hence not as much pressure forcing the water out of the squirters.

The squirters can be replaced with valved brass ones that will eliminate this problem also. Just dont over fill your washer bottle as the stock ones really give a good drenching to the heater exchange radiator \ frontmount.
bergerac
Regular

February 2003
Re: ST205 Water Sprayer Wiring Tue, 13 July 2004 17:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I dunno if this will help, but the spray bar in my Aust ST205 is hooked up to spray when the headlight washer button on the dash is pressed. It was like that when I bought it but i believe its a simple matter of switching a 3 way value or swapping some hoses around to get it to work as long as you dont mind not having headlight washers....
tortfeaser
Occasional Poster

March 2003
Re: ST205 Water Sprayer Wiring Tue, 03 August 2004 00:53 Go to previous message
I've just had a look at a ST185 RC (group A) front cut. The extra pump on the washer bottle sends fluid to a valve on the drivers side of the front bar. Normally the valve is closed so that water doesn't come out the water sprayers. If you remove the rubber cap on the valve, twist, pull and twist back, you redirect the flow to the water sprayers. You'll have to sort the wiring though.

The sprayers flow like a mofo. 4 litres per minute.

Also found an intercooler ECU - anyone know what that does? Does it control the intercooler water pump?

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Finished Polishing (MA61 Rims)
Next Topic:AE86 Wheel alignment settings
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 12:41:17 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0085551738739014 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.