Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » RA28 Owners: How long did it take to find one?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
micRA28
Newcomer

February 2004
RA28 Owners: How long did it take to find one? Fri, 19 March 2004 23:53 Go to next message
I quess this is a small survey for RA28 owners,
I have noticed in the trading post and on this site that RA28 do not come up for sale very often, and if they do they're quite commonly out of rego or unfinished projects.

This made me wonder,
How long did it take you guys to find your RA28 and also what condition was it in? (registered, project car, original or modified)
Also how did you find it i.e. trading post,this site/club, asked some guy in a carpark to sell their car?? etc

Thanks
  Send a private message to this user    
Lambolica
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: RA28 Owners: How long did it take to find one? Sat, 20 March 2004 00:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
when I was after one I always had my eye out for them, I had another car so i wasn't in a rush to get one. It is time consuming to get one and be prepared to travel to find them.
out of the ones I've bourght three had a little rego left and one was out of rego. All atandard (althou I did look at some modified ones) Be prepared to wait for a good one too as they do turn up in good nick every so often and look for the problem areas for rust as ,as I've seen a new paint job doesn't mean it's in good cond. The most recent one I bourght had the same owner for the last 17 years and gave me a very goodhistory on the car, and it was clear that he looked after it as everything worked he told me what he had replaced recently and thecar was very rust free in comparison to others, this is my project car. there are some good ones that come up on the forums from time to time, so keep looking and don't get one because it has nice rims, look past the pretty of the car and look at the general condition of the car as It can save you time and money down the track.
free bump this one is for sale at the moment in cars for sale, out of rego, modified.
http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=getfile&id=3524

[Updated on: Sat, 20 March 2004 00:34]

THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: RA28 Owners: How long did it take to find one? Sat, 20 March 2004 08:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have only ever purchased two RA28's, but have done things a little arse backwards.

I bought the parts car first! I was in the market for a new car after smashing my AE92, and had my heart set on a celica of some sort - so i started researching and looking.

It just so happened that about 15 celica's popped up at the time in the TP (trading post) and i found an RA28 with all the parts, and a shithouse body (RUST!!)

it looks good here, but look closely for the "speed holes"

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0QgDYApsUJcMCtn3tCBkcPld6GiH2hhWTdXBCj2mmFRNfa4BAZNndNBKr*yOKFXXPGdD2urQiODERGLAqCU5DjZZWa0LQE01*9z9kQFPllm0/sillyfront.jpg?dc=4675389241488482736

I bought this above one for:
- wheels
- suspension
- motor
- interior
- mechanical bits
- 3 months of remaining rego

From then i looked for a good body RA28. It took about 3-4 months, and LOTS of pestering a poor guy from down in canberra to finally get my hands on a mechanically rooted rust free one. Basically i was on the lookout for anything that had a good body, since this is the most expensive and irreplaceable part of the RA28.

I had to tow it on a car trailer back from canberra too. So basically when it comes to finding the right RA28, it comes down to body condition. You will pay for a good body. Be prepared to fork out for extra things that you dont need, just to get the good body.

BTW - this is the good one, after moving all the parts across
http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0QwAJA9ITEJng!axPLSqE2htbPkiNy3oFEyUfPS!MPUEic6z2trtYh2aLqnWBVhTt6dPT0RGmtbmpXYLdQcE8WSdBjAWKCOBO2!6W!P6gk3U/sexy%20ra28.jpg?dc=4675426614108183671

[Updated on: Sat, 20 March 2004 08:46]

Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: RA28 Owners: How long did it take to find one? Sat, 20 March 2004 12:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nice celicas there witzl, that green rusty one looks gorgeous...

but theres something striking about the yellow one too.... mmm Evil or Very Mad

i never found my ra28- i originally wanted one for my first car, so i didnt really have time to shop around for ages-

i looked at a red one with a shithouse body that had been stretched to the shithouse, the windows didnt line up and it was generally fucked...

and i noticed a bronze ra60 grandpa edition in a caryard... and settled for it, instead... it led to the supra Evil or Very Mad
Conquest
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: RA28 Owners: How long did it take to find one? Sat, 20 March 2004 14:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Evil_Foetus wrote on Sat, 20 March 2004 23:17

nice celicas there witzl, that green rusty one looks gorgeous...it led to the supra Evil or Very Mad

1983 MA61 Supra "The White Nightmare"- Runs anything from a 17.4 to a 18.9, depending on mood

Bet my 'rolla would beat that MA61 Laughing
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: RA28 Owners: How long did it take to find one? Sat, 20 March 2004 15:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Conquest wrote on Sun, 21 March 2004 01:59

Evil_Foetus wrote on Sat, 20 March 2004 23:17

nice celicas there witzl, that green rusty one looks gorgeous...it led to the supra Evil or Very Mad

1983 MA61 Supra "The White Nightmare"- Runs anything from a 17.4 to a 18.9, depending on mood

Bet my 'rolla would beat that MA61 Laughing

i reckon my supra would beat ur rolla, Laughing Laughing
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: RA28 Owners: How long did it take to find one? Sat, 20 March 2004 22:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i rekon my rolla would beat my celica.

and i rekon my foot would beat your foot in an arse kicking contest
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: RA28 Owners: How long did it take to find one? Sun, 21 March 2004 00:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
THE WITZL wrote on Sun, 21 March 2004 09:09

and i rekon my foot would beat your foot in an arse kicking contest

lol

and yeah, your rolla prolly would beat my supra

oh well Surprised

at least mine looks cool Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil

disclaimer: the above comment was stated assuming the fact youd dont own a ke30, which in fact, look cool. Evil or Very Mad
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: RA28 Owners: How long did it take to find one? Sun, 21 March 2004 05:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I will donate you a KE30 if you want Karl ( :

After I collect it and swap some bits with the KE20...
ehendrikd
Forums Junkie

April 2003

Re: RA28 Owners: How long did it take to find one? Mon, 22 March 2004 03:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my ra28 was the third 1st gen celica i looked at. i would have liked an ra28, but at the time i just wanted a first gen. this car came up, the ad said 'coupe' and i assumed it was a ta22 or ra23 2dr 'coupe', went and had a look, 'its in great condition, rwc and rego AND its an ra28 to boot!'. i put a deposit on it after going for a spin Very Happy
micRA28
Newcomer

February 2004
Re: RA28 Owners: How long did it take to find one? Mon, 22 March 2004 08:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for the replies guys, looks like patience and a bit of luck seems be the key.

My first car was a ta22, didn't have a problem finding it there were heaps at the time, that was about 8 years back ( how time flies)

I've seen a stock ra28 around my area lately, if I see it again I think I might ask the owner if he/she wants to sell.
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: RA28 Owners: How long did it take to find one? Fri, 26 March 2004 00:53 Go to previous message
I bought mine 10-11 years ago for $3000, and proceeded to pour lots more into it over those years. As you can see, it's now for sale too!
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Ten points for the effort
Next Topic:OLD 12C
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon May 6 13:08:56 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0056469440460205 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.