Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
SPEEDCORE
Forums Junkie

May 2002
icon10.gif  SPEEDCORE buys AE86 Tue, 21 May 2002 04:33 Go to next message
Hi guys... well just as the title says, I bought an '85 Sprinter just waiting for the weekend so I can go pick the car up. I spent like over an hour looking over the whole car for rust ripping up carpets and getting the old magnet out Razz , bent rails everything really...only found 2 spots of rust both on the inside corners of the rear hatch (is this a common thing on sprinters??)
The floors did not have any surface rust, wheelwell was also clean as. The panels are smooth as too. Good thing to was it had the original paint (heavily faded and undercoat showing in some areas) so any repairs with the dreaded BOG or fiberglass could be easily spotted, but there were none.
The suspension is shagged...but i was wanting to replace it anyways. Fuck the car got floaty at only 120km....and now I know what you guys mean by the 4A-C boat anchor Sleep dog of an engine...I thought I was gonna kill it! Freak

The interior is in fair condition but my g/f's uncle is an excellent auto upholsterer so he will take care of that. The rims are the original alloys and for some reason I like their weird 80's styling so I think I will eventually be using them...unless I fit bigger breaks that the rims will not fit over them. But yeah overall a very original car!

So yeah plan is:
fresh paint,
suspension ,
engine,
interior,
breaks.

Give me some ideas on engine, paint colour (was wanting to go orange with a shitload of gold pearl) and how to and what to strip out of the car before I send it to the panelbeaters (ie. glass, engine, interior etc) in order to save $$$ on labour for stripping the car themselves.

Ok thanks guys, soz for the length of this thing, but as Big Kev would say.......I'M EXCITED!!! Grin

Cheers,
ADRIAN!
  Send a private message to this user    
Ribbo
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: SPEEDCORE buys AE86 Tue, 21 May 2002 13:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sweet one mate sounds good Smile

take off the rear bumper and check for any rust there too.

how much u pay for it?

only problem with rims is they are 13 inch which means you can't get good rubber for them and you need a very high tyre on them which isn't good for handling.

Go a 4age or 4agze depending on your budget and what sort of power u want.
mr_messy
Regular

May 2002

Re: SPEEDCORE buys AE86 Tue, 21 May 2002 13:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ill be following in your footsteps one day!
faulksy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: SPEEDCORE buys AE86 Tue, 21 May 2002 17:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Good work mate. Check out www.club4ag.com for information on the engines for your sprinter. Probably the best site for info. But this has a much better and more helpful forum
mr_messy
Regular

May 2002

Re: SPEEDCORE buys AE86 Wed, 22 May 2002 14:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmm...so are you gonna keep your starlet?
SPEEDCORE
Forums Junkie

May 2002
icon7.gif  Starlet here to stay too! Thu, 23 May 2002 02:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hehe yeah messy the starlet stays...not a thing wrong with it so its my better than average daily driver. Plus the stereo pumps on the way to work.

I paid $1100 for it, not too sure if that is expensive but it drove ok apart from the suspension and the *smiles* 4A-C's lack of power! My starlet pumps out more than the 4A-C hehe!!

If it was all about power I would go the GZE and take to modding it, but I think I will be more inclined to go the 20V. I think it would be a more well balanced car in regards to power,
handeling, etc. Correct me if I have totally misunderstood this concept.

How difficult is it to get the 20V in, (i know question has been asked a million times :- ) with reguards to the distributor placing...I don't want to cut the firewall, so what has to be used in its place, and whats the price of one (i think is it a crank angle sensor)??

Anyway guys gotta jet, please leave your words of wizdom here for me to read tonight thanks!

Adrian!
RobertoX
Regular

May 2002
Re: Starlet here to stay too! Thu, 23 May 2002 04:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I would very much like to buy one too but I cant find one, I'm in Adelaide...
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: SPEEDCORE buys AE86 Thu, 23 May 2002 05:03 Go to previous message
I was flicking through the other day, wondering what the hell all the fuss was about on www.club4ag.com

From memory, they had an article for putting a 20V into an AE86.
Also, check out the articles secciton of the Toymods website, that has a lot of useful info on it.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Long Highway Drives are good!
Next Topic:MR2 is dead! long live the mr2!!!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri May 10 17:46:06 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0048031806945801 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.