Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Drift Technician
Regular

March 2004
WTB Ae86 prefer trueno Mon, 22 March 2004 23:37 Go to next message
Guys am looking for a hutchi. Has to be a hatchback prefer jap spec but not too fussed. Must have a 4AGE engine minimun but would much prefer a 4AGZE. Car must be in VGC if it has rust dont bother replying. Car must be straight, condition of paint not too important. Would prefer the following - roll cage, suspension upgrade, exhaust, wheels etc etc. Do not waste my time and I will not waste yours. Send all details to mad____max@hotmail.com interstate enquiries welcome. Would ultimatley prefer a turboed hutchi but will look at what you have to offer. Cheers
  Send a private message to this user    
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: WTB Ae86 prefer trueno Mon, 22 March 2004 23:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bahahahahhahahaa...........'prefer' Jap spec and 'prefer' roll cage?

if has rust don't bother replying??? Rolling Eyes

i think you'll have more luck with this weeks powerball.

please do a search on the 'ease' of finding such a request.

happy drifting.

Callifo
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: WTB Ae86 prefer trueno Mon, 22 March 2004 23:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This sorta comes close
http://carpoint.ninemsn.com.au/marketplace/UsedCar Detail.asp?ID=2459162&Criteria=%40Make%3D%27TO YOTA%27%2C+%40Model%3D%27SPRINTER%27%2C+%40OrderBy %3D%27P2%27&NoOfRecs=1&PageNo=1&chkRow s=500 Shocked (ps yes I am aware it was sold)
shcao
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: WTB Ae86 prefer trueno Tue, 23 March 2004 00:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hahahahahahahahahahahaha,
that's a good one..

But it's not a trueno!!!!!

[Updated on: Tue, 23 March 2004 00:02]

Drift Technician
Regular

March 2004
Re: WTB Ae86 prefer trueno Tue, 23 March 2004 00:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
look mate your negative criticism is not needed. There are a few out there with no rust. As for the prefer jap spec or cage criteria that is my preference. If it doesnt have a cage i will buy one. If it isnt jap spec then it wont matter just a preference. Please dont rubbish my want ad with negative critisism with what I want. Remember it is me buying the car not yourself.
ae86-Levin
Regular

January 2003
Re: WTB Ae86 prefer trueno Tue, 23 March 2004 00:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm sorry in advance....

Drift Technician:

Would prefer a trueno... lol
Would prefer a JDM.... lol

Have you done any research at all??
If so o....k

Ask ae86-Drift how long it took him to find one in japan (cause there are jack all here) without rust... and then how much it cost all up for the car and to get it here... I sorry but i belive your dreams will be shattered...

If you have a spare $10-$13k then pm me and i should be able to find you one in japan... (with a minimum of a 4age 16v cause thats jap 86's stock) Aus Delivered Sprinters (Corrolla Levin) were only released here with a 4ac and you can get one for about $2.5-$4k in good nick with little rust and get an engine conversion done yourself...

Go Back through the Cars for sale resent history and you will find plenty of AE86's for sale... have a look at those and get some ideas...

Good luck and keep DREAMING
Drift Technician
Regular

March 2004
Re: WTB Ae86 prefer trueno Tue, 23 March 2004 00:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok so far guys thanks for the input negative or otherwise. I ahve found a total of four rust free sprinters in less than 2 hours cheapest being a 4age convert for $2750. Im sure there are plenty out there, im not looking for a rust free one for under $3000 or anything like that I HAVE the money to spend and DONT mind waiting for one to come along.......
Patr1c
Regular

May 2002
Re: WTB Ae86 prefer trueno Tue, 23 March 2004 01:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=31740&start=0&rid=236&S=d28357342fc4 416c36c12c4cff0c0798

This is clean and meets your specs.
_Why_
Regular

February 2003
Re: WTB Ae86 prefer trueno Tue, 23 March 2004 01:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just let him buy the cars guys...

let him make mistakes on his own....

Shocked $3000 for a 4age sprinter? Shocked

isn't the conversion like $2000 on its own?
Drift Technician
Regular

March 2004
Re: WTB Ae86 prefer trueno Tue, 23 March 2004 01:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes its a ae86 clean no rust registered for another 3 months in good condition paint faded 4age conversion and is in excellent condition overall for $2750 Car is basically stock standard apart from the engine swap.
_Why_
Regular

February 2003
Re: WTB Ae86 prefer trueno Tue, 23 March 2004 01:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
can u give me the guys number?

i want it Laughing
shcao
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: WTB Ae86 prefer trueno Tue, 23 March 2004 01:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Why, can you give me the number of a person who could do a $2000 drive in drive out conversion on it's own?

Drift Technician
Regular

March 2004
Re: WTB Ae86 prefer trueno Tue, 23 March 2004 01:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The guy with the hutchi bought the car for $4500 with the 4age already installed. No idea where he bought it from but he is a rally driver so im sure he has connections somewhere.
Dodgy_Haro
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: WTB Ae86 prefer trueno Tue, 23 March 2004 02:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've got a hut-chi for sale:

http://www.cotf.edu/ete/images/modules/troppois/hut_full.jpg

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: WTB Ae86 prefer trueno Tue, 23 March 2004 02:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ROFLMAO

BAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!

i was gonna say.........
p3rky
Occasional Poster

October 2003
Re: WTB Ae86 prefer trueno Tue, 23 March 2004 04:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LOL

yet another "n00b" post

no offence to the admins of this board but maybe they should post some kind of introduction for all the people who want sprinters but have no idea Rolling Eyes

dont get annoyed at this particular poster but be annoyed at this kind of person

the kind of person who has no appreciation for these cars

i say he doesnt deserve a sprinter Razz

he`s not worthy!!!

Very Happy
Drift Technician
Regular

March 2004
Re: WTB Ae86 prefer trueno Tue, 23 March 2004 04:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You ever stop and think to yourself mate that maybe ive been coming here for awhile but have not had the need to sign up? Ive just sold my other car, was going to buy a 86 before that but bought the 180 instead. You dont know me, what gives you the right to call me a dreamer? What you think nothing will come of it? Mate Ive got the right to put a wanted ad up here just like anyone else has. Just because Im asking for options that I want in my car doesnt mean that Im a dreamer mate. Means i want to buy what I want not what you think i want. I want it purely for a drift car not some showcar looking thing thats driven around the streets. If you dont want to help me by finding me what I want then theres always the BACK button on your browser....... Just stop filling the thread with complete and utter crap.
NickAE86
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: WTB Ae86 prefer trueno Tue, 23 March 2004 05:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

I want it purely for a drift car not some showcar

do you realise how expensive it is to setup an ae86 for drift purposes and to maintain it. If its sole use is for drift you'll get a lot more bang for your buck out of a silvia, 180 or rx7. These cars come with a good powerplant to start with, relatively easy to modify and parts wont cost an arm and a leg.

no offense intended here but have you done research into this or is it just something thats tickled your fancy?
lang
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: WTB Ae86 prefer trueno Tue, 23 March 2004 05:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Drift Technician wrote on Tue, 23 March 2004 14:35

You ever stop and think to yourself mate that maybe ive been coming here for awhile but have not had the need to sign up? Ive just sold my other car, was going to buy a 86 before that but bought the 180 instead. You dont know me, what gives you the right to call me a dreamer? What you think nothing will come of it? Mate Ive got the right to put a wanted ad up here just like anyone else has. Just because Im asking for options that I want in my car doesnt mean that Im a dreamer mate. Means i want to buy what I want not what you think i want. I want it purely for a drift car not some showcar looking thing thats driven around the streets. If you dont want to help me by finding me what I want then theres always the BACK button on your browser....... Just stop filling the thread with complete and utter crap.

im staying out of this, but its your lack of knowledge in some areas and your attitude that has caused other peoples reactions
Drift Technician
Regular

March 2004
Re: WTB Ae86 prefer trueno Tue, 23 March 2004 05:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ive done the research and have access to the parts i need or want cheap. Car will be sponsered so it isnt really a question of money. As for drifitng the s13 platform, already done it. Owned the sil80 for a while now great drift car but i wanted something mroe challenging and raw to drift. So far there have been 18 replies and out of that there have been 2 helpful ones. I posted to find something not get barraged with accusations of inexperience or hes a noob musnt know shit comments. I want a car either help me find one or dont reply simple. Sorry if my attitude rattles a few people but i aint posting on here to stuff people around and I dont want to be stuffed around myself. *end rant*
NickAE86
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: WTB Ae86 prefer trueno Tue, 23 March 2004 05:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no worries mate...just wanted to make sure you knew what you were getting yourself into Very Happy

best bet is to linger around these forums and look out for stuff for sale

other places to try
www.twincam.org

importers (not a lot have ae86's in stock but can help)
www.importbitz.com
www.prestigemotorsport.com.au
www.j-spec.com.au

you'll sometimes even find a good buy in the tradingpost

you'll be hard pressed to find something in mint condition without importing one though..but you never know i guess. Absolute worst case scenario buy an aus spec and put a trueno nose on it if you have to have a trueno...theres a guy on twincam.org Soarer21 who is organising a group buy for this very purpose...

good luck

*edit:sp

[Updated on: Tue, 23 March 2004 05:21]

Drift Technician
Regular

March 2004
Re: WTB Ae86 prefer trueno Tue, 23 March 2004 05:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cheers mate thanks for that. ALready spoke to John from importbitz was sponsering the other car and is also sponsering this one.... the turbo setup he has looks very interesting.... seems to be able to get a lot of hutchi stuff realitvly cheap was talking to him last night about importing one for us, seems keen thought i would look locally first. Thanks for the info.
mrsoopra
Regular

July 2002
Re: WTB Ae86 prefer trueno Tue, 23 March 2004 05:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Also could try keeping an eye one Yahoo Motorosport..
http://www.yahoomotorsport.com
He usually gets modified AE86's in.

Good luck with the hunt.

Cheers

Gaz
NickAE86
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: WTB Ae86 prefer trueno Tue, 23 March 2004 05:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah John (Soarer21) is a good bloke...knows his stuff. He's your best bet in bris for sourcing parts.

another place is HMS Automotive over at capalaba. Anthony Kellam runs the shop...John will be able to fill you in with more info but he can get some good stuff in also. you'll find both of them over on the twincam forums

Quote:

hutchi

i think why you were copping it before was somewhat due to pronunciation....its hatchi for future reference Wink
Drift Technician
Regular

March 2004
Re: WTB Ae86 prefer trueno Tue, 23 March 2004 05:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks mate will chase john up in regards to that
86twinky
Regular

November 2003
Re: WTB Ae86 prefer trueno Tue, 23 March 2004 07:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message

I blame initial D

Rolling Eyes

net nazi
Regular

Forum Moderator

February 2004
Re: WTB Ae86 prefer trueno Tue, 23 March 2004 07:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message

guys please... if you don't have a constructive comment or suggestion to express in a friendly way then don't bother posting

silvercil40
Regular

August 2003
Re: WTB Ae86 prefer trueno Tue, 23 March 2004 14:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Have you tried this?
http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=31740&start=0&rid=236&S=d28357342fc4 416c36c12c4cff0c0798
Seems to have everything except for the lsd, but john should be able to take care of that.
I'll take responsibilty and apologise for the big piss-take, it's hard to help someone who is so broad and unsure of what they are talking about. Come on boys(and girls) we were all noobs at one time or another, its just that there are soo many Takumi wanna be's out there....
If you wanted a real challange drifting, and money isn't an issue, go mr2! Mix it up with a rear mount.
Good luck with finding what you're after.
Rock out.
4AGE
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: WTB Ae86 prefer trueno Tue, 23 March 2004 15:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.carland86.com/

If u want rust free and perfect body condition. I rang up carland mid last week. They're willing to let go of the Black GT limited for about $45.000 AUD landed in oz. Price is not an option go for this. Plus if u'r really keen they'd modify it for u too. If u threw $60k into a sprinter in total. U'd have by far the nicest looking, best performance sprinter on this half of the world.

I'm assuming u'd be wanting the Zenki model though. And prefer black white panda? Rolling Eyes
Matt-AE86
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

October 2003

Re: WTB Ae86 prefer trueno Tue, 23 March 2004 22:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
"IKEI!, GO MY HACHI-ROKU! Mad "

Thats what he ment Smile
FKN16V
Forums Junkie

July 2003
Re: WTB Ae86 prefer trueno Tue, 23 March 2004 23:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dodgy_Haro wrote on Tue, 23 March 2004 13:13

I've got a hut-chi for sale:

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

In the context of this thread, thats the funniest thing ive seen this year?
bootheman
Regular

March 2003

Re: WTB Ae86 prefer trueno Tue, 23 March 2004 23:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey i have recently just sold a turbocharged ae86' sprinter with no rust all the mods and watanbee's , for 12,500
including the rest. haltech, intercooler and whatnot.
i spent about 20k on it.

thier not cheap to mod. or upkeep.

if you want to save money in the long run your better of purchasing a already modded levin with LSD from japan looken for around 10k starting point.

good luck, when i get a company car il b returning to do the extact same thing Smile

try
www.twincam16.com
Drift Technician
Regular

March 2004
Re: WTB Ae86 prefer trueno Wed, 31 March 2004 20:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank you to all that helped and all that offered no help Confused I have found a 86 thanks to John from ImportBitz. Exactly what I wanted cept not trueno but no concern there.
raveon
Newcomer

February 2004
Re: WTB Ae86 prefer trueno Fri, 02 April 2004 09:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It's probably better that you got a Levin anyway since you want to use the car for track-racing. You'll end up breaking things and it will be a lot easier for you to find Levin body panels than Trueno body panels Smile

I love the Trueno look too, but I'd prolly go for a Levin first since I want to do the same thing as you - buy the car and learn the fundamentals of circuit-driving.
Matt-AE86
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

October 2003

Re: WTB Ae86 prefer trueno Fri, 02 April 2004 11:55 Go to previous message
yer, levin is the way, you didnt want to end up with that hutchi up there..

Welcome to the AE86 Club
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:corolla ae101/102 or echo wanted.
Next Topic:1987 4AGE Corolla Twincam Seca
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 03:29:52 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0077049732208252 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.