Engine

JDM Bigport 4A-GE (95kw RWD version)
Rebuilt head.
Shaved head.
Port and Polished head.
Genuine HKS 256 camshafts.
4-2-1 Custom Extractors.
2.25 inch exhaust, hi flow cat, twin tipped muffler
Pod filter with sealed airbox and cold air ducting.

Drivetrain:

Stock gearbox.
Unknown heavy duty clutch.
JDM T-series disc brake differential with TRD 2 way LSD.

Wheels:

Enkei “Cross Fever” 1 piece 14x7 +8 offset all around.
Stripped, polished with all gutter rash removed
Centres professionally painted with GMH charcoal.

Front has 15mm D1garage bolt on spacers with Yokohama A539 185x55x14 Tires.
Back has 20mm JMS bolt on spacers with changing 185x60x14 tyres.

Suspension:

(Front)
Rebuilt JDM Vented front brakes with Lucas performance pads
“A-Spec” coil overs.
Containing Noltec collars, KYB short-stroke GT4 shocks and 8kg Industrial springs.
35mm T3 Roll Centre Adjusters
Cusco style camber adjustable strut tops
Cusco style strut brace.

(Rear)
6.5kg Springs
TRD 8 way blue adjustable rear shocks
Whiteline adjustable panhard rod.

Exterior:

Resprayed based on the original light blue but with added pearl.
Black two-toned Zenki bumpers front and rear
Tinted Windows
Replica JDM front lip
Replica JDM sideskirts (in black)
Replica Toyota rear boot spoiler.
J-Blood fibreglass bumper pods
East Bear Aero mirrors (in black)
Levin Kouki clear grill
New genuine Toyota parker/indicators
East Bear clear front bar indicators.
JDM Kouki Whiteline tail-lights with Centrepiece and custom numberplate surround.
NA-1600 rego plates

Interior:

Toyota Paseo seats.
Spin turn knob.
Momo steering wheel and collapsible boss.
Trust GREX gearknob
New black carpet
Dashmat
Trim painted in black
TRD floor mats
Autometer A/F gauge, Temp and oil press gauge.
Pioneer head unit and 6x9s in custom parcel shelf.

[Updated on: Thu, 09 September 2004 09:26]

Send a private message to this user    
J-AE86
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: Couple of piccy's of my AE86 Sprinter Wed, 27 August 2003 11:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
simple, clean, i like.

SPEEDCORE
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Couple of piccy's of my AE86 Sprinter Wed, 27 August 2003 12:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Riced up???? how??

I like it a lot man!!
Callifo
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Couple of piccy's of my AE86 Sprinter Wed, 27 August 2003 13:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeh it is a nice looking sprinter, but what emblem is that on the front grill? Looks like subaru Razz
Skaney
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: Couple of piccy's of my AE86 Sprinter Thu, 28 August 2003 08:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks guys.

front emblem is a toyota badge.. the ring style but with a solid background. Ive never seen one like it, picked up an avalon badge today im going to replace it with.

Riced up... well compared to alot of sprinters its pretty showy, the colour coding, big wheels, muffler.
depends on what you define rice as I guess.. Smile
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Couple of piccy's of my AE86 Sprinter Sun, 31 August 2003 13:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
we shall call it "bling'd" up

Very Happy

nice tho
not my cup of tea but still quite nice
i still prefer the non-color coded bumpers
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Couple of piccy's of my AE86 Sprinter Sun, 31 August 2003 23:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lookin good!!!

congrats on a really nice lookin sprinter!!
Skaney
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: Couple of piccy's of my AE86 Sprinter Wed, 10 September 2003 12:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bit of an update.

My diff went bang and so next on my list of things to do is a jap-spec rear end.

Because of this i've put the interior and tidying up of outside on hold for a little bit.

Just a few pics of the parts that are gonna be on the front end when im done. I also took the dodgy badge of the grill and it looks stacks better without it. Can't wait till its all straight again. It will look brand new with all new lenses/parkers and fresh paint.

http://forum.pulsar.org.au/attachment.php?s=&postid=179685

The new front bumper.

http://forum.pulsar.org.au/attachment.php?s=&postid=179684

TRD replica spoiler (fuzzy pic sorry)

http://forum.pulsar.org.au/attachment.php?s=&postid=179683

New indicator lenses compared to the old ones (bottom) looks so much better.

gtman
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Couple of piccy's of my AE86 Sprinter Thu, 11 September 2003 05:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its incredible how much of a difference nice shiny new lenses make to a car. Very nice indeed
Rolla13k
Regular

June 2003
Re: Couple of piccy's of my AE86 Sprinter Tue, 16 September 2003 07:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
got any engine bay photos??? and i know this car i was looking at buying it when the last guy was selling except the bitch sold it on me!! Laughing
Skaney
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: Couple of piccy's of my AE86 Sprinter Tue, 16 September 2003 09:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How long ago where you lookig at it? From the guy at Greenwith or the owner before that?
Theres not much difference in the engine area from when it was for sale. Just the extractors and a different pod and a bit of a tidy up.
Im gonna get all the wires hidden some time cause it looks like an absolute mess at the moment. At least it runs fine I guess Smile

Rolla13k
Regular

June 2003
Re: Couple of piccy's of my AE86 Sprinter Tue, 16 September 2003 12:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i cant remember anymore.....when did u buy it and how long did the guy defore u have it?
Skaney
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: Couple of piccy's of my AE86 Sprinter Wed, 17 September 2003 10:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I picked it up no longer than 6 months ago.
Early this year.... I think he had it for over a year before that.
I have heard it was the same colour/wheels etc a few years ago. I'll be happy if it has been that colour for so long and no rust has come through yet! Paint looks like its been on there no longer than a year...

Skaney
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: Couple of piccy's of my AE86 Sprinter Tue, 25 November 2003 08:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Time for an update.

Havent got around to alot of things I have been meaning to due to lack of time and money.
Alot of parts have needed replacing and that doesnt help money flow either.
Ive had a new stock computer put in (old one died due to really bad eletrical short)
Some of the wiring in the engine bay has been tidied up thankfully.
Its got a replacment S series diff in it for now. Replaced the noisy wheel bearings too.
New carpets have been installed along with alot of black interior painting.

Still got so much stuff to do. Hopefully over christmas break I can fit my seats I have and arrange finally getting my bumper and spoiler on the front.
Mechanically the brakes and front susp are crying out to be upgraded, next thing on the agenda. I'm not even thinking about more power until this has been done.

Biggest change since the pics are the rims. The 17s are off and have got some charcoal coloured superlites. Give the car a heaps better stance.
If anybodys interested in the old rims, they are for sale. PM me ...

Sean.

http://forum.pulsar.org.au/attachment.php?s=&postid=216309

http://forum.pulsar.org.au/attachment.php?s=&postid=216306

http://forum.pulsar.org.au/attachment.php?s=&postid=216304
J-AE86
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: *UPDATED* Few pics of my 4AGE AE86 Tue, 25 November 2003 08:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wheels look tough, mind i asking how much u picked them up for ?
Skaney
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: *UPDATED* Few pics of my 4AGE AE86 Tue, 25 November 2003 22:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks, I got them new for about $225 each.
nomuken
Regular

November 2003
Re: *UPDATED* Few pics of my 4AGE AE86 Sat, 13 December 2003 13:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Looks alot tougher with the watanabe's Very Happy

Nice one
siggy
Regular

October 2003
Re: *UPDATED* Few pics of my 4AGE AE86 Mon, 15 December 2003 00:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
3 words

"ITS A BEAUTY" heh heh

Nice car Skaney, I like the way you got the set of Watanabes on the 86, the blue you got really matches the black. They really enhance the look of the car.. nice work Very Happy

[Updated on: Mon, 15 December 2003 00:09]

Skaney
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: *UPDATED* Few pics of my 4AGE AE86 Wed, 03 March 2004 10:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Front end changes: New bumper, Front spoiler, Black grill.

Looks a shit load better.

Next up for looks: sideskirts (need to be fitted) and fog light grill (waiting on arrival from japan)

Car now has adjust. camber tops and strut brace. Head was rebuilt, including a port + polish.

..its finally coming together Smile

Sean.

http://forum.pulsar.org.au/attachment.php?s=&postid=266140
Tommo
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: *UPDATED* Few pics of my 4AGE AE86 Wed, 03 March 2004 23:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
good stuff i love how it looks now. shits all over the old mesh front! keep up the great work champ Cool
ae95
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2003
Re: *UPDATED* Few pics of my 4AGE AE86 Thu, 04 March 2004 17:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Those aint watanabes! theyre superlites
Watanabes are much nicer! No offence skaney.
Skaney
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: *UPDATED* Few pics of my 4AGE AE86 Fri, 05 March 2004 07:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah they may not look as good as watanabes but superlites are locally made and you can get them new in just about any offset, colour and size!
John K
Regular

August 2003

Re: *UPDATED* Few pics of my 4AGE AE86 Sun, 07 March 2004 02:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cant believe how much better it looks from the first pics.
Well done, the wheels look tasty.
Where did you get the front spoiler from? How much? I want one bad.
frank_grimes
Regular

May 2002
Re: *UPDATED* Few pics of my 4AGE AE86 Sun, 07 March 2004 06:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
your car looks good...i see it on the road a bit..
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: *UPDATED* Few pics of my 4AGE AE86 Sun, 07 March 2004 08:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PHHHHOOAAAH CRIKEY!!!

Great work man...loks was better than the first pics. Especially the front spoiler & alloys Very Happy
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: *UPDATED* Few pics of my 4AGE AE86 Sun, 07 March 2004 12:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
looks fuckin cool man Very Happy
Skaney
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: *UPDATED* Few pics of my 4AGE AE86 Mon, 08 March 2004 01:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks everybody..

The front spoiler was from Ken streeter (in QLD) Was about $160 from memory.
But T on these forums also makes them. (judging by the quality of his sideskirts he sold me, they would be the go)

I might edit the 1st post later, looking back at how I bought it now is embarassing!

Sean.

John K
Regular

August 2003

Re: *UPDATED* Few pics of my 4AGE AE86 Mon, 08 March 2004 05:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skaney wrote on Mon, 08 March 2004 12:10

Thanks everybody..

The front spoiler was from Ken streeter (in QLD) Was about $160 from memory.
But T on these forums also makes them. (judging by the quality of his sideskirts he sold me, they would be the go)

Sorry but who is T.

How do I gat in touch with Mr. T Very Happy

Need that front spoiler.
Skaney
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: *UPDATED* Few pics of my 4AGE AE86 Mon, 08 March 2004 07:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
his nick on here is "T" .. Toby I think his name is.

He has a post in the for sale section for front + rear and sideskirts. All based on the OEM toyota stuff.
CRAB-86
Regular

September 2003
Re: *UPDATED* Few pics of my 4AGE AE86 Thu, 11 March 2004 00:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nice ride!!
Its nice to see a clean example of a sprinter get even cleaner/better!!
I remember looking at this car (when you bought it) and looks (and probably goes) heaps better
Nice
Leighton
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: *UPDATED* Few pics of my 4AGE AE86 Sun, 21 March 2004 00:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dont edit the first post skaney, as it shows everyone that with a bit of taste and time, big improvements can be made Very Happy

love this car.. Cool
fub_
Regular

March 2004
Re: *UPDATED* Few pics of my 4AGE AE86 Wed, 24 March 2004 00:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nice car
keep up the good work

[Updated on: Sat, 01 May 2004 02:44]

79rollaboy
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: *UPDATED* Few pics of my 4AGE AE86 Wed, 24 March 2004 06:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RESPECT!!!! awesome... how much better did it look with the Jap spec parts and watanabes
justinfox
Regular

September 2003
Re: *UPDATED* Few pics of my 4AGE AE86 Mon, 05 April 2004 08:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That's great to see the progression. It's come a long way huh?

Looking forward to getting there myself.

About the wheels you have got now. What are the specs on them? They look large, still 16inch? Or 15 perhaps? And what width and offset did you end up getting? Thanks in advance for your reply. I'm still hunting for wheels!
Skaney
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: *UPDATED* Few pics of my 4AGE AE86 Mon, 05 April 2004 13:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah they are 16 by 7s. Still large, but still arn't too bad for the type of driving I do.
Offset I have no idea on, Performance made them to suit the car, the fronts are perfect offset, fill the gaurds very nicely with no spacers. But I would of liked the rears to have a bit more dish and offset... Sad
The 17s I had on there before were apparently custom offset to fit AE86, but were still using spacers on the front? my guess is they were to fit an R31/S13.

This threads gonna be updated sometime this week, Getting some sideskirts fitted. A rear spoiler fitted also. Since these pics the car also has Kouki "Whiteline" tail lights and a few other small bits and pieces. Still waiting on my fog light grill from japan though! Sad

Handling wise, I just put some reco'd JDM brakes on the front with some good pads, braking is fairly improved from before! Coilovers should be next on the list to do.
SLY16V
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: *UPDATED* Few pics of my 4AGE AE86 Mon, 19 April 2004 07:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
looks good man, may i ask what you did with that mesh front bar? cause im going to need something like that to accomodate my front mount intercooler in the future with cutting my near new front bar....

cheers mate
Skaney
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: *UPDATED* Few pics of my 4AGE AE86 Mon, 19 April 2004 08:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Still have it out in the shed.
I reckon it would of looked better either with black mesh or no mesh at all, or even if it was sunk back a bit would of looked ok.
Are u interested in buying it, or more interested in seeing how it was done?
Skaney
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: *UPDATED* Few pics of my 4AGE AE86 Mon, 19 April 2004 09:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skirts and spoiler on. Tossing up whether to colour code the skirts or not. Probably not, I like the black. Or I might make my front lip black instead. Somethings just not sitting right....

Anyway the pics:

http://forum.pulsar.org.au/attachment.php?s=&postid=296539

http://forum.pulsar.org.au/attachment.php?s=&postid=296542
ae95
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2003
Re: *UPDATED 19/4* My 4AGE AE86 Mon, 19 April 2004 12:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nice one mate.
Personally i'd get rid of that wing or get a ducktail.
Also where did you get the skirts from and how much are they?

thanks

-ian
Callifo
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: *UPDATED 19/4* My 4AGE AE86 Mon, 19 April 2004 12:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I like that wing, I'd keep it Very Happy
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: *UPDATED 19/4* My 4AGE AE86 Mon, 19 April 2004 13:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the "not sitting right" is the black sides with the color-coded front and rear bumpers

do the "half-color-coded" look like my car with blue on top of the bumpers and the bottom bit black!

ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: *UPDATED 19/4* My 4AGE AE86 Mon, 19 April 2004 13:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
also, where did you get your club4ag sticker on the front windscreen? so cool!
Skaney
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: *UPDATED 19/4* My 4AGE AE86 Tue, 20 April 2004 01:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I quite like the wing, goes well with the black around the number plate with the whitelines on.
Sideskirts were from -T- on these forums, were $450 from memory I think?

I'm thinking about black bumpers... and If i was I would do the top bit colour coded, like you said ae86drift.

The sticker was from club4ag, they sent it out to me with the pair of emblems I got delivered, they even included a nice coloured Option sticker!

Sean.
justinfox
Regular

September 2003
Re: *UPDATED 19/4* My 4AGE AE86 Tue, 20 April 2004 09:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Looking great! So Sean. You painted those skirts black but more like a plastic/dark grey black?

I have just bought a JDM plastic rear spoiler exactly the same as the one you have pictured on your car. It'll be faded black plastic like my bumper bars front and back.

I'd like to get a front bumper spoiler off T as well as those side skirts but I wonder if the paint shop can match my "faded" dark grey (once black I suppose) front and back plastic bumpers?
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: *UPDATED 19/4* My 4AGE AE86 Tue, 20 April 2004 10:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
paint them black justin

i can do it

and the tops white

Wink
justinfox
Regular

September 2003
Re: *UPDATED 19/4* My 4AGE AE86 Tue, 20 April 2004 11:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cool stuff Garth, speak soon for sure. You gotta come check out my new Watanabe wheels with super soft Potenza race tyres + King Sprintgs all round! Smile The tyres, although a little worn, grip so hard I can't get sideways anymore! LOL! I had more fun in the crappy tyres I had on my old wheels + these new tyres are so loud!!!! Anyways. Gotta stop hijacking this thread. Speak soon Garth... I'll be ordering the front lip + sideskirts off T on these forums then, any day now.
Skaney
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: *UPDATED 19/4* My 4AGE AE86 Tue, 20 April 2004 13:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I havent actually bothered painting the skirts, they are the same finish that Toby supplied them.
I did paint the rear spoiler with a rattle can job, its actually a black pearl, not the most desireable finsih for a spoiler but I had the cans lying around and it looks better than the white it was originally!
Skaney
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: *UPDATED 19/4* My 4AGE AE86 Sat, 01 May 2004 02:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The other day a workmate hit my front bumper and left a nice big scrape on my new bumper Sad
Hes paying for to get it fixed though and while my cars at the painters im getting the front and rear bumpers two-toned in black, leaving the tops body colour Smile

I'll be posting some pics of what it looks like after its done...

sated
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: *UPDATED 19/4* My 4AGE AE86 Wed, 02 June 2004 18:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Very nice ride dood.

Are the rear springs (lovells) the low of super low ones ?

James
Matt-AE86
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

October 2003

Re: *UPDATED 19/4* My 4AGE AE86 Thu, 03 June 2004 11:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i must say, the pic in your avatar, it looks really great, different and outstanding, nice job Smile
Skaney
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: *UPDATED 19/4* My 4AGE AE86 Fri, 04 June 2004 08:48 Go to previous message
Im not sure if they are "low" or "super-low", as they came with the car when I bought it. I would assume they are just "lows", as the car isnt exactly low at the back.
Im chaging them very shortly!!! I have some T3 RCA's, whiteline panhard rod and some new front + rear suspension going in once my coilovers are made up.

I havent uploaded some pics yet, as I was trying to get a webpage going, but I just dont have the time.

Some recent exterior pics can be found here: http://wtljkane.customer.netspace.net.au
Sorry about dodgy HTML etc...

Sean.

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:soarer mz11, phantom purple colour, 5 speed
Next Topic:Daniel - 1993 Corolla Seca RV
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 16:26:48 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0075740814208984 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.