Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » The Outhouse » does this bother anyone else or is it just another fact of life?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
cruzen20
Regular

December 2003
does this bother anyone else or is it just another fact of life? Sat, 24 January 2004 16:23 Go to next message
im not posting this to have a whinge or a sook or anything like that but just out of curiosity. Im sure its been mentioned before that if u have nothing good to say then dont say anything in posts, im not naive and know that in reality a lot of the world is populated by a$$holes, they r not a new thing, its probably been happening since the first caveman invented the wheel and other cavemen walking past told him it looked shit and he should come up with some 18s Laughing Ok it probably never happened but it seems to happen in this forum and others constantly. Ppl post something up for sale and usually get replies saying its cheaper somewhere else, the product or good is ugly, crap, useless, poor, not worth a cent, etc or they post something they think is funny, all this knowing that potential buyers have seen this and have been swayed by opinions with no basis, its just human nature to believe wat u read or not wanna buy anything that others say is crap. SO can anyone tell me why someone who has no interest in buying something someone has posted up for sale will go into the thread and for no personal gain or even reason will bad mouth, put down, etc something someone is trying to sell? If someone is selling something that they can find cheaper then why dont they buy it and shut the hell up?
If someone is selling a car that they think is crap or over priced then dont buy it and shut up, i have to believe its easier to think a bad thing than post it up in a for sale thread
anyways thats my 2 cents, no doubt if anyone replies to this post a lot of the replies will be from ppl who disagree or wanna put crap on me for my opinion but it doesnt matter i guess, im not selling anything here
  Send a private message to this user    
silvercil40
Regular

August 2003
Re: does this bother anyone else or is it just another fact of life? Sat, 24 January 2004 16:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Amen to that!
People who reply with shit like Laughing or 'lol' should try harder to not think aloud.
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: does this bother anyone else or is it just another fact of life? Sun, 25 January 2004 00:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
silvercil40 wrote on Sun, 25 January 2004 02:42

Amen to that!
People who reply with shit like Laughing or 'lol' should try harder to not think aloud.

the thing is they think they're SIK cause they can just sit at home with dick in one hand and the other on the key board and be a rude/arrogant/illiterate/docile fuck wit and not have any re-course
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: does this bother anyone else or is it just another fact of life? Sun, 25 January 2004 00:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
While I agree that some people are just dicks, sometimes the comments are made for your benefit. If someone lets you know that your 'product' isn't in the best shape or is to expensive, then you may know to lower the price, or not be to upset when someone offers you less than what you want for it.

If you really don't want dickheads posting on what you have for sale, only post it in the trading post. Smile 'cuz dickheads are everywhere, especialy on forums.
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: does this bother anyone else or is it just another fact of life? Sun, 25 January 2004 01:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well, I have to admit I've done that once

but it was to a post asking $4k for a number plate - so I thought it was kind of justified Razz
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: does this bother anyone else or is it just another fact of life? Sun, 25 January 2004 04:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
speaking of number plates, was in at Vicroads the other day transferring the rego for my new car across to me name. I enquired if the plates "UFO" were taken..... someone has them on hold Mad which is probably a good idea anyway, 410$ for 3 letters on some metal Surprised
Tommo
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: does this bother anyone else or is it just another fact of life? Sun, 25 January 2004 11:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I saw an ad for the plates "WODEVA"

$90,000 I shit you not!!!

those plates UFO were on a charade. I dunno if they still are now.

[Updated on: Sun, 25 January 2004 11:51]

CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: does this bother anyone else or is it just another fact of life? Sun, 25 January 2004 18:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cruzen20 wrote on Sun, 25 January 2004 00:23

im not posting this to have a whinge or a sook or anything like that but just out of curiosity. Im sure its been mentioned before that if u have nothing good to say then dont say anything in posts, im not naive and know that in reality a lot of the world is populated by a$$holes, they r not a new thing, its probably been happening since the first caveman invented the wheel and other cavemen walking past told him it looked shit and he should come up with some 18s Laughing Ok it probably never happened but it seems to happen in this forum and others constantly. Ppl post something up for sale and usually get replies saying its cheaper somewhere else, the product or good is ugly, crap, useless, poor, not worth a cent, etc or they post something they think is funny, all this knowing that potential buyers have seen this and have been swayed by opinions with no basis, its just human nature to believe wat u read or not wanna buy anything that others say is crap. SO can anyone tell me why someone who has no interest in buying something someone has posted up for sale will go into the thread and for no personal gain or even reason will bad mouth, put down, etc something someone is trying to sell? If someone is selling something that they can find cheaper then why dont they buy it and shut the hell up?
If someone is selling a car that they think is crap or over priced then dont buy it and shut up, i have to believe its easier to think a bad thing than post it up in a for sale thread
anyways thats my 2 cents, no doubt if anyone replies to this post a lot of the replies will be from ppl who disagree or wanna put crap on me for my opinion but it doesnt matter i guess, im not selling anything here

Dude, if you're gonna post something that you want ppl to read, please, please, please use punctuation. It makes it sooo much easier to read.
Thankyou
lang
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: does this bother anyone else or is it just another fact of life? Mon, 26 January 2004 06:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrUZsida wrote on Mon, 26 January 2004 05:03

cruzen20 wrote on Sun, 25 January 2004 00:23

Dude, if you're gonna post something that you want ppl to read, please, please, please use punctuation. It makes it sooo much easier to read.
Thankyou

a paragraph or two would be good aswell, i couldnt be fucked reading it because its to hard to look at.
Camry_omega
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: does this bother anyone else or is it just another fact of life? Mon, 26 January 2004 07:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I totaly agree with what you are saying, alot of time people just nitpick peoples posts for the sake of it, and its really annoying and petty. I certainly didn't have trouble reading it.
cruzen20
Regular

December 2003
Re: does this bother anyone else or is it just another fact of life? Mon, 26 January 2004 07:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if i was writing an essay then sure i would use punctuation and paragraphs but not a post, ive read it back to make sure it all made sense and it was fine and seems the majority of ppl didnt have a problem reading it so i honestly dont know wat to tell you
Camry_omega
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: does this bother anyone else or is it just another fact of life? Mon, 26 January 2004 07:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How about just try to run such a large post through word, to fix grammar and spelling, so that people don't whinge?
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: does this bother anyone else or is it just another fact of life? Mon, 26 January 2004 09:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I find it hard to read stuff that doesn't use punctuation.
cruzen20
Regular

December 2003
Re: does this bother anyone else or is it just another fact of life? Mon, 26 January 2004 12:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I guess this was the point i was trying to make in my original post, half the replies are about my thread being too hard to read instead of being about the contents of the topic, well if its to hard to read then dont read it and simply move on. Very Easy.
HSV_gal
Regular

I supported Toymods

May 2002

icon13.gif  Re: does this bother anyone else or is it just another fact of life? Thu, 29 January 2004 22:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cruzen20

I would have to agree with just about everything said....
ppl with nothing to really contribute still have to put there 2c in anyway and I guess it s@#ts most of us... But generally is a fact of life... Fair or not (Espesh in the for sale section) it is just the way it is.

The board are pretty good in the no bullshit sections but all of them are busy to so not everything can be monitored and deleted etc.

Cheers.
ta23
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: does this bother anyone else or is it just another fact of life? Fri, 30 January 2004 00:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I agree with what was said, but as some others have mentioned sometimes it can be for the benefit of others.

If someone has a CD player for sale and the shop price is cheaper, I believe it is better if someone does let the seller know (perhaps through PM) to change their price.

But on the other hand I think it is wrong to bag out a car which is for sale, in which most cases the person who is bagging it out would have never seen it in the flesh before and doesnt have a true right to bag the car/price unless it is outrageous.

thats my 2 cents.
HSV_gal
Regular

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: does this bother anyone else or is it just another fact of life? Fri, 30 January 2004 23:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ta23.
I guess that is my point exactly...
Pm's are alittle different as not everyone can read them.
there is just no reason to bag people or what they are selling to everyone else.

Comes down to the fact that if you have nothing to say or don't want the product then there is no need to reply which is what I meant when I said even if they have nothing to say some still have to add there 2c.

Cheers
Apophis
Occasional Poster

January 2004

Re: does this bother anyone else or is it just another fact of life? Sat, 31 January 2004 01:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I agree with cruzen20. I mean somebody wants to get rid of their car because for whatever personal reasons, those party poopers don't have to come along and rub everything in by saying crap like "Oh there is this tiny little bit of rust on your front quarter panel, because I am a bloody picky PRICK, only because I don't like it therefore everybody lets not buy this car." sorta sh@t.

Its purely logical, those people have too much time on their hands terrorizing others threads. I mean for example, would you look in the trading post seeing a 1990 AE92 CS corolla for $7000 and ring up the bloody car yard that they are ripping people off? Well NO! I bet majority of the people who have some common sense wouldnt do stuff like that, so I don't get why these dicks are doing stuff like that online. Mad

draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: does this bother anyone else or is it just another fact of life? Sat, 31 January 2004 01:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
faceless communication breeds false bravado and deceit - unfortunate fact of the medium
ChaserJZX100
Regular

July 2003
      wtf is a jabber handle
Re: does this bother anyone else or is it just another fact of life? Mon, 02 February 2004 04:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i also agree!! its so true!! anyone see my thred trying to sell the data key?, Then "toobs" posted up saying its worth $62.90 even tho he was refering to a completly different thing, and "memory stick" and a "data key" are very different things!! well he ruiend my sale, stupid "toobs". Also i had no trouble reading your post and the DATA KEY IS STILL FOR SALE $110 ono!!! :D:D:D:D
Classic
Newcomer

March 2004
icon3.gif  Re: does this bother anyone else or is it just another fact of life? Tue, 23 March 2004 19:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
But isn't there a public duty to inform others when things go wrong with dealing with certian users?

Take this topic for example: http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=30569&rid=5170&S=c12d674bd271d27165bb129 2c8baef21&pl_view=&start=0#msg_275727 - 1989 VN commodore $1000

Where a certain user has reported how another user did what I would call an illegal act by selling a car that they knew to be under finance to another user of the forums and now that user is going to loose the car.

I will not say who the user is, but they tried to cover their tracks by deleting the message before a moderator/administrator locked the topic.

So I am in favour of telling users the correct information.

There are some "a$$holes" around. Shocked Laughing

Cheers.

[Updated on: Wed, 24 March 2004 05:00]

CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: does this bother anyone else or is it just another fact of life? Wed, 24 March 2004 00:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you have a closer look, you will see that the user who was selling that VN is the same person who started this thread
NickAE86
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: does this bother anyone else or is it just another fact of life? Wed, 24 March 2004 03:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you guys do make a fair point about ppl coming into threads to bag out someones sale...its simply not on.

but when the issue is greater than some petty squabbling ie: you're buying a lemon or cut n shut job people have a right to know. The seller should be informing people of this in the first place and if they dont what else can they expect.
We shouldnt live in a culture where all we worry about is number one. People have to look out for each other...if someone knows (for example) that the cd player being sold is stolen, car is an insurance writeoff or is under finance i say they have a duty to inform potential buyers because in effect if nothing is said and the transaction takes place you've just been blatantly ripped off...thats worse, imo, than a bunch of people crying about rust spots or price

my 2c

/rant
Classic
Newcomer

March 2004
icon3.gif  Re: does this bother anyone else or is it just another fact of life? Wed, 24 March 2004 04:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That was my point, exactly.
CrUZsida wrote on Wed, 24 March 2004 11:19

If you have a closer look, you will see that the user who was selling that VN is the same person who started this thread
WHy is the person who started this thread bitching in the first place when they go and do that.

It is totally wrong in my personal opinion and I am sure others would agree to it. I don't mean to stir the pot, but some people need to be held accountable for their actions. Now correct me if I am wrong. Rolling Eyes

Cheers..
joyride
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

January 2003
Re: does this bother anyone else or is it just another fact of life? Wed, 24 March 2004 15:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i just leave them be, but its amusing to see ppl bash other ppl's threads.
Embarassed
tempest
Regular

April 2003
Re: does this bother anyone else or is it just another fact of life? Sat, 27 March 2004 03:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fuck yeah,this shit happened to me the other day on a thread i posted in for sale section,a guy got on there and tried to tell me,based on photos and no interest in buying, that i was asking too much!and it fucking pissed me off!some people just dont think sometimes.fair enough if u want to post good comments or wish people luck with the sale,but if you've got a bad comment and u really have to voice it pm it to the person,coz unfortunately other people are going to read it and form an opinion based on other peoples coz they cant think for themselves.
peewee
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: does this bother anyone else or is it just another fact of life? Sun, 28 March 2004 01:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
while i agree about the intial discussion, i think cruzen20 may just have lost any sort of credibility since then. it's true tho, you see plenty of posts (particularly in cars for sale) where people with no interest go on there and say that it's worth nothing, or make a serious offer of half or less of the asking price.

but that said, kinda ironic that cruzen20 has since then seemingly done a dodgy deal and not been heard of since he was caught out
Flem
Regular

May 2002
Re: does this bother anyone else or is it just another fact of life? Thu, 08 April 2004 13:14 Go to previous message
maybe we can have a dodgy deals section to inform users who its legit or not.but then im not a financial member so i therefor suck.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Why violence sucks
Next Topic:It was not my sole purpose
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 06:05:55 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0057940483093262 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.