Toymods » Cruises and Events » TOYOTA NATIONALS - Additional Information

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Grant
Forums Junkie

May 2002
TOYOTA NATIONALS - Additional Information Wed, 24 March 2004 05:55 Go to next message
Guys/ Girls,

I've had a few questions lately regarding the Toyota Nationals so I thought I'd put them down here as a Q & A post.

My car isn't really show and shine material but I have already paid. Can I get some money back if I don't put my car in?
As it happens we have more cars than we can handle so we'd be happy to give $15 back for anyone who does not want to put their car in the show and shine. Let us know at registration though not on Saturday morning!

My cars near stock. Do I really need a tailshaft loop for the drags?
As a coincidence, the secretary of the Dubbo City car Club called me today regarding that same issue. ANDRA have now relaxed the rules for tailshaft loops so now, only cars that do better than 8 seconds on the 1/8th need to fit one. Basically, unless your car does under 12.5 on the 1/4 don't worry. If in doubt though; fit one. It's not worth the risk.

Can I still enter?
Sorry, entries now closed.

I don't understand this extra $12 for the drags and the cost of letting my mate drive?

In addition to the Toyota Nationals Entry fee, you have to pay an additional $12 for your ANDRA licence. This applies to each driver. In otherwords, you only pay once for the entry but $12 for anyone who drives the car.

If anyone has any other genuine questions (not stuff like "what time does the event start") please post them here and I will add them to the list.

[Updated on: Mon, 12 April 2004 03:46] by Moderator

Send a private message to this user    
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: TOYOTA NATIONALS - Additional Information Wed, 24 March 2004 05:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have 2 other mates i didnt add on the ToyotaNationals form sent, can they pay on the day for the 2 dinners or should i pre book?.
Grant
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: TOYOTA NATIONALS - Additional Information Wed, 24 March 2004 06:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That was quick. I didn't even finish editing the post.

You will have to prebook as the bowling club needs final numbers this week. Please contact david McNeill to arrange payment and changing your entry form.
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: TOYOTA NATIONALS - Additional Information Sat, 27 March 2004 13:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Grant wrote on Wed, 24 March 2004 16:55

Can I still enter?
Sorry, entries mow closed.

What about with a hedge trimmer?

Really a shame about no on the day entry, as things can change its a bit nasty for us interstaters i know of 2 or 3 that wont be able to enter now, maybe put that in the suggestion box for next year!

Allan
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: TOYOTA NATIONALS - Additional Information Sat, 27 March 2004 13:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
we need something down this way for people with not enough $$ to drive to other end of country!!
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: TOYOTA NATIONALS - Additional Information Sun, 28 March 2004 00:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Clown wrote on Sun, 28 March 2004 00:25

we need something down this way for people with not enough $$ to drive to other end of country!!

????............ so organise something!!

regular people organise the toyota nationals, whats stopping you from organising an event in VIC?

[Updated on: Sun, 28 March 2004 00:10]

Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: TOYOTA NATIONALS - Additional Information Sun, 28 March 2004 04:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
coming from country victoria i dont have the money, knowledge, or contacts to pull something like that off thats why!
Grant
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: TOYOTA NATIONALS - Additional Information Sun, 28 March 2004 11:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you're serious Clown, contact me and I'll be happy to chat to you about it.

Allan, I take your point but there are only a limited number of show and shine and drag places available so we need final numbers before the event not to mention t-shirt and dinner orders. Next year we are planning to increase event size so it may be possible to allow entries on the day.

BTW, thanks for pointing out the typo. Can't edit the post either as the thread is now sticky.
RAV-GT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: TOYOTA NATIONALS - Additional Information Mon, 29 March 2004 13:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Grant, what if I've entered my car in the drags and the show 'n' shine in the hope that my car would be ready for both, but it looks as though I'll be scratching to make it by Good Friday? Have I thrown my $100+ away? I guess I had some hopes about being there this year... really is saddening to get so close.
Grant
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: TOYOTA NATIONALS - Additional Information Mon, 29 March 2004 21:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That's a real shame Andrew. Would of been great to see you and the RAV out there. In any case though you haven't lost your money. Please contact David McNeill on 0427 006 534 and let him know. At this stage I think you should be able to get back all but your T-shirt money.
RAV-GT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: TOYOTA NATIONALS - Additional Information Tue, 30 March 2004 14:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll contact him tomorrow and ask what the go is. Right now it's looking like the engine will be fitted up alright, not sure about drivetrain. After this week I'll get the wiring done (new loom, fit ECU, etc.) and hopefully it will be running before next Friday.
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: TOYOTA NATIONALS - Additional Information Thu, 01 April 2004 15:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
does this meen spare spot in the drags? can one sneak in perhaps?

Allan
RAV-GT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: TOYOTA NATIONALS - Additional Information Thu, 01 April 2004 17:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I guess so... Confused I'm definitely not going now that I've run into more install problems (gearbox end-cap). What a bitch. Crying or Very Sad
Grant
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: TOYOTA NATIONALS - Additional Information Thu, 01 April 2004 21:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Please contact David McNeill for all changes. Contact number in previous post.

Thanks.
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: TOYOTA NATIONALS - Additional Information Fri, 02 April 2004 08:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If anyone wants a lift from melb:

I have room for 2 dwarfs and a normal human aslong as dave gets his rocket ready

Anyone interested, a small donation to fuel would be nice

Allan
celicamad
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: TOYOTA NATIONALS - Additional Information Mon, 05 April 2004 12:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
for those of you that dont know there is a locust(i think that how you spell them...little bastards that devour crops)
plague in and around Dubbo .

For those of you with nice cars or that hate cleaning off bug guts .
It may well be worth a car bra or a good wax job before going maybe fit headlight protectors . or even rig up some mesh to try keep the little critters out of radiators,intercoolers etc .

It might be an idea to buy some bug off or kero or whatever your preference .

Or do what Dave Mc Neil is doing following my big arse Cressida in the GT4 all the way to Dubbo .So that i can deflect as many critters for him as possible

Ideas for how to cook locust soup ,or kebabs or bbq etc will be considered but most likely declined .

Allan

you may enter the drags on the day through the dubbo city car club .But cannot enter the official event for Insurance reasons is waay too late

i wouldnt worry though in the 2litre to 3litre catagory there are at least 6 BIG single turbo 1js and 2 js entering .with only first and second place unless you can run 11's (1/4 mile)you wont be in the points anyway

But if you do come you can always race my wifes Cressida Very Happy
BigWorm
Forums Junkie

Toymods Board Member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: TOYOTA NATIONALS - Additional Information Mon, 05 April 2004 12:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
An idea I'll prolly be trying is to spray or wipe a strong soap/detergent solution over the front of the car before the trip, it's supposed to make cleaning bugs off alot easier.
This sounds like the perfect opportunity to test out the theory. Smile
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: TOYOTA NATIONALS - Additional Information Mon, 05 April 2004 13:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
or a light wipe with Kero or similar oily (but not solvent) stuff that'll leave a thin film/coating preventing the little bastards from firmly attaching to your nose.

you might smell a bit off, but at least the bugs will hose/wash off.

also a good soak out of the sun after the drive will help loosen teh stubborn ones - either with kero, or car wash stuff.
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: TOYOTA NATIONALS - Additional Information Mon, 05 April 2004 14:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah... Anything sounds good to make it quicker...

After my trip to Mudgee, took me a good hour and a half to clean the front spoiler... I got my flyscreen ready to go...
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: TOYOTA NATIONALS - Additional Information Tue, 06 April 2004 00:16 Go to previous message
celicamad wrote on Mon, 05 April 2004 22:42

you may enter the drags on the day through the dubbo city car club .But cannot enter the official event for Insurance reasons is waay too late

i wouldnt worry though in the 2litre to 3litre catagory there are at least 6 BIG single turbo 1js and 2 js entering .with only first and second place unless you can run 11's (1/4 mile)you wont be in the points anyway

But if you do come you can always race my wifes Cressida Very Happy

Yep not expecting to win anything, 1/8th mile drag is even worse! and a stock tired 7m-gte wont worry too much! Next year maybe different Smile

Allan
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:When is dyno Day 9 planned for ?
Next Topic:Anyone in manly over the next couple of days??
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu May 9 02:49:21 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0068540573120117 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.