Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
j_o_e_l_05
Regular

March 2004
Where to buy a 3SGE Mon, 22 March 2004 08:56 Go to next message
hey guys,
well its time to put a new 3SGE in mt st162.
any ideas where to get one from? ive tried heaps of local wreckers and importers, and no body has one...i wonder why?
anyway i live in Gympie, near the sunshine coast, so if anybody knows of a good supplier near here, or even in brizbane i'd be gratefull if you could help me.
thanks.
ps. are they a bastard to put in? someone said because of the angle of the engine they are really hard to install and remove?
  Send a private message to this user    
boris
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
On probation

January 2003
Re: Where to buy a 3SGE Mon, 22 March 2004 08:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think that maybe you are not trying hard enough, most import wreckers have these!
acrossx913
Regular

March 2003
Re: Where to buy a 3SGE Mon, 22 March 2004 22:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If i was you i would get one from a mr2, not are they newer but also make more power! Theres one in the trading post out of a 1997 mr2 with only 50,000 kms for 1000 ono and makes 125kw standard
sik sx
Regular

I supported Toymods

March 2004
icon8.gif  Re: Where to buy a 3SGE Tue, 23 March 2004 02:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey man
im in the same boat as you..was on the way going to coroy and my engine over headet and blew a head..ive decided to just get a new engine i cant be screwed bothing with all this crap..so yeah any websites of jap imports or anything in the sunny coast or brisbane area would be great thanks..and boris..i think he is telling the truth ive been phoning ppl all today and all of yesterday looking for one..the only price ive gotten so far is 650 not installed, and they didnt have one in stock he said thats what there worth..oh and a full recon motor from repco is 2200 so yeah..im hoping on finding a jap import motor for around 800..is that reasonable?..ive gotten prices for my enigne to be fixed..but when u think about the cost of it getting fixed and a new engine..the new engine looks mighty fine
any phone numbers of reckers or web sites please!!

[Updated on: Tue, 23 March 2004 02:19]

sik sx
Regular

I supported Toymods

March 2004
Re: Where to buy a 3SGE Tue, 23 March 2004 11:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey man..i called a reckers in caloundra he quoted 650 for 3sge..but they had none is stock..i emails a jap import company and they said they had a 3sge jap spec for 60 000 km's on it..plus 120 for postage and handling up to the coast...if anyone knows what these engines are worth...is 920 worth a jap spec one..keeping in mind it has more kw's etc then a normal aussie one..or so ive read.thanks
j_o_e_l_05
Regular

March 2004
Re: Where to buy a 3SGE Tue, 23 March 2004 22:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks man, where abouts was that importer? im guessing its not local, i found an engine in a kawana wreckers i think, its an import but they want $1150. but ill see what happens
sik sx
Regular

I supported Toymods

March 2004
Re: Where to buy a 3SGE Wed, 24 March 2004 04:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey man the importer is in nsw its www.japimports.com.au tuff toys..they quoted me 890 for engine and 120 for frieght up here for 3sg3 jap spec..theres a place that i might go to in bris to bye just a new cylinder head for 350 ill probly wait it out and see what happeneds
physh
Regular

May 2002
Re: Where to buy a 3SGE Wed, 24 March 2004 08:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What generation is that?

Anyone know where I'd be able to start sourcing a gen 4 3SGE (out of an altezza RWD)...?

Don't mind getting from Japan, if can get some sort of trustworthy source... Smile

It's to go in a 600kg Fraser Clubman, so the 210ps one is the one I'm after... Evil or Very Mad
acrossx913
Regular

March 2003
Re: Where to buy a 3SGE Thu, 25 March 2004 01:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
They can be found (the gen 4)ive only seen the altezza version for sale which is the rwd setup as you stated, the mr2 version is rare and i have never seen one for sale. expect to pay around 5k for a altezza front cut with the 210ps dual vvti engine heres a link theres a pic of one on there as well, they should be able to help you out.http://www.japparts.com.au/products/stock-arriving .html
physh
Regular

May 2002
Re: Where to buy a 3SGE Thu, 25 March 2004 21:51 Go to previous message
sweet, thanks! Smile
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:JZA70 intercooler, what should i do.
Next Topic:DONT OPEN MY EMAILS/VIRUS CLEARED
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 23:20:49 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0051209926605225 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.