Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
praetor
Regular

October 2003
3SGTE + CT26 turbo - SOLD Sun, 21 March 2004 22:56 Go to next message
As the subject suggests, I have a 3sgte(gen1) with turbo(ct26). Please note that this engine is not running. I did a bearing on the bottom end, and opted for a newer engine instead of a rebuild. Hence why I want to get rid of this one.

Perfect for parts, etc.
If you want I can post some pics later this week, at the moment its still at the mechanics being taken out of my car.

[Updated on: Tue, 20 April 2004 12:35]

Send a private message to this user    
Tris
Regular

September 2002
Re: 3SGTE + CT26 turbo Mon, 22 March 2004 05:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how much are you after for this stuff

tris
praetor
Regular

October 2003
Re: 3SGTE + CT26 turbo Mon, 22 March 2004 06:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Been told I should be able to get 500-600 for it
praetor
Regular

October 2003
Re: 3SGTE + CT26 turbo Mon, 22 March 2004 23:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how much would someone be willing to pay for this?
acrossx913
Regular

March 2003
Re: 3SGTE + CT26 turbo Tue, 23 March 2004 05:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well you can get a gen 2 mr2 rear cut inc ecu, running engine and gb for around 2000.
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: 3SGTE + CT26 turbo Tue, 23 March 2004 06:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
$500-600 is not too bad a price to ask for a motor such as this.

When you look at the parts involved here, its worth it IMHO for anyone looking for parts, a rebuild motor or whatever.

A quick rebuild and she should be ok.... its just a bearing job really.

Would also be good for someone (rob_st162 im looking your way) who is looking to destroy a 3S-GE by smacking a turbo on the side of it.

P.S. Rob are you getting the intercooler off the new motor, or sticking with all the accessories that the old motor had?
davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: 3SGTE + CT26 turbo Tue, 23 March 2004 06:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
acrossx913: If you know anyone who has one in stock for near that price, could you pm me. I've been searching for the past few weeks now.

Sorry to be off topic.

Good luck with your sale praetor.

Cheers
Dave
praetor
Regular

October 2003
Re: 3SGTE + CT26 turbo Tue, 23 March 2004 06:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm keeping most of the 'accessories' off the old motor. Sometime before next summer I'm hoping to get a front mount for it, as the stock W2A just can't keep up with the aussie climate.
ps, get it back hopefully thursday Smile
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: 3SGTE + CT26 turbo Tue, 23 March 2004 07:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sweet dude... let us know when you want to rid yourself of the water to air.

Catch up sunday
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: 3SGTE + CT26 turbo Tue, 23 March 2004 09:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Would also be good for someone (rob_st162 im looking your way) who is looking to destroy a 3S-GE by smacking a turbo on the side of it.

hahahaahahaaha lol Very Happy not getting this one yet man.

My motor is still fanging so what can I say? Smile
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: 3SGTE + CT26 turbo Tue, 23 March 2004 14:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
praetor wrote on Tue, 23 March 2004 17:46

I'm hoping to get a front mount for it, as the stock W2A just can't keep up with the aussie climate.

Are you kidding man, a W2A is awsome for summer climate, heaps outdoes an A2A (even a frontmount) in the summer, I have never had a single boosting problem even on the hottest days, with a few mods to it no doubt, IC pump run constant (done), some refletive tape underneath it (done), some heatsheilding (next thing).
praetor
Regular

October 2003
Re: 3SGTE + CT26 turbo Tue, 23 March 2004 21:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you sure its better? it gets so hot you can't even touch it! That can't be good for 'cooling' the air down. We'll see how it goes with the new engine...cause I think that the old engine had a cooling problem causing it to run hotter then normal.

Anyway, does anyone want this engine?!?
Mr.TRIM
Regular

September 2003
Re: 3SGTE + CT26 turbo Tue, 23 March 2004 23:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How much for turbo and is there any play in shaft

Call me on 0402001471

GOT_M.I.L.F.
Regular

December 2003
Re: 3SGTE + CT26 turbo Wed, 24 March 2004 11:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message

also interested in the turbo
h.m $ Smile
praetor
Regular

October 2003
Re: 3SGTE + CT26 turbo Wed, 24 March 2004 12:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
2nd hand import turbo is around $300, so I think $200 is a fair price

my engine is almost finished being put back in, so i'll go get the old turbo tomorrow and let you guys know what condition its in

[Updated on: Wed, 24 March 2004 12:24]

wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: 3SGTE + CT26 turbo Wed, 24 March 2004 13:26 Go to previous message
praetor wrote on Wed, 24 March 2004 08:56

it gets so hot you can't even touch it! That can't be good for 'cooling' the air down.

Yeah the outside gets pretty damn hot, but have you ever opened it up and stuck your finger into the water inside, nice and cool, and I don't know if the reflective tape on the bottom does much, it was probably just a waste of time Laughing
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:hks cooler
Next Topic:F.S. RWD 20V extractors $325!!!. And some sprinter stuff. PRICE DROP!!!!!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun May 5 13:00:27 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0054931640625 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.