Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » Where can I get a Chaser halfcut from?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Where can I get a Chaser halfcut from? Thu, 25 March 2004 08:27 Go to next message
I know of a few places that sell them but I am more looking for the opinions of people with first hand experience buying a halfcut.

My Cressida has another BHG but the bigger issue is the corroded block and sections of the surface which are up to 40thou out.

I have been quoted $3500 to get my 7M reco'd but am yet to phone around for better prices.

1JZ is looking kinda tempting right now. Evil or Very Mad But my Dad scowls and grinds his teeth whenever I mention it. Crying or Very Sad
  Send a private message to this user    
soaringmik
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Where can I get a Chaser halfcut from? Thu, 25 March 2004 09:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I know this won't help,

But it is fun to dream Nod

Click on the Toyota GT box, and have a look

http://www.king-buyer.co.jp

You have probably seen this site already,

[Updated on: Thu, 25 March 2004 09:36]

SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Where can I get a Chaser halfcut from? Thu, 25 March 2004 12:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Didn't help much, you're right. Crying or Very Sad

HEY NEWCASTLE BOYS! I am asking you a question!!! I know there's heaps of 1J Cressidas up there. Confused
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Where can I get a Chaser halfcut from? Thu, 25 March 2004 12:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
man that site is AMAZING!

http://www.king-buyer.co.jp/details.php?carid=1681

for 11k AUD! daym! can importers nogotiate on stuff like these do you think?

sorry, this isn't meant to be a hijack or anything, but if we can get importers to bring stuff like this in, they could also bring in the chaser half cuts and stuff... Confused

was that a good try? Very Happy
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Where can I get a Chaser halfcut from? Thu, 25 March 2004 12:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Try again Rob. Mad
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Where can I get a Chaser halfcut from? Thu, 25 March 2004 12:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Embarassed

me sorry. Smile
Southo
Regular

I supported Toymods

August 2002
Re: Where can I get a Chaser halfcut from? Thu, 25 March 2004 14:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SIMDOG wrote on Thu, 25 March 2004 19:27

I know of a few places that sell them but I am more looking for the opinions of people with first hand experience buying a halfcut.

Rolin Automotove - Gold Coast Qld.
www.japparts.com.au

I see they have a Soarer 1JZ-GTE half cut coming in soon, althougth a JZX81 Chaser is what you need to make it easiest...

That's where I bought my half cut from - couldn't be happier. There are a few blokes on here than have bought from Darren at Rolin Auto too, I'm sure they can vouch for thier good name...

[Updated on: Thu, 25 March 2004 14:17]

Backspace
Regular

May 2003
Re: Where can I get a Chaser halfcut from? Thu, 25 March 2004 15:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
soaringmik wrote on Thu, 25 March 2004 20:36

http://www.king-buyer.co.jp

http://www.kaizousha.com/images_car/kbari14/1s.jpg
Screw the 1jz, just buy this. PIMP Cool
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Where can I get a Chaser halfcut from? Thu, 25 March 2004 22:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks Southo, I assume that I'd be waiting a while for a halfcut to turn up. :S I kinda need my car back on the road ASAP.
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Where can I get a Chaser halfcut from? Fri, 26 March 2004 02:37 Go to previous message
I phoned Rolin. They said that a Chaser 1/2 cut is very hard to come by. ie: They don't have any.

I also phoned SSS Automotive Imports and they said that they have a 1J (97,000km) from a Chaser with uncut loom, auto tranny and intercooler for $2800. They said that it is not a halfcut but has everything that I would need for the conversion. Does this sound right?

They said that they could give me a 7MGTE for $1500 without tranny but with uncut loom and accessories. (80,000km)

I need my car back on the road soon so therefore I need to decide soon. Suggestions? Sad
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Drift Thing At Calder Today
Next Topic:Ten points for the effort
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue May 7 16:53:44 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0065779685974121 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.