Toymods » Members Rides » My Targa MA70 [56kers be warned]

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Layoric
Regular

August 2003

icon7.gif  My Targa MA70 [56kers be warned] Sat, 21 February 2004 13:14 Go to next message
Bought this aout 2 months ago, pretty much stock as. I really was looking out for the targa model as they are a bit more exotic in my opinion, unfortunetly this came at the cost of NA and Auto, a high price i am now finding, but i still love the car. These pics are a bit old, got backed into about 2 weeks ago which really sucks, but getting some extra stuff on the car re-sprayed eg bumpers (ex owner was a chick) front and rear, entire bonet, right door and gaurd and if i have the money the roof. It's got 220,000km on the clock which is pretty high but for the most part a good full service history. I paid $8k for it which is probably a bit much now i look back on it, but is aussie dilivered and she did drive it to sydney for me (i'm in canberra) so yeah, this is my car Smiley =

http://www.users.on.net/layoric/frontside.jpg
http://www.users.on.net/layoric/Side.jpg
http://www.users.on.net/layoric/Interior.jpg

[Updated on: Fri, 26 March 2004 07:26]

Send a private message to this user    
Danners
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: My Targa MA70 Sat, 21 February 2004 22:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nice ride mate! Welcome to the world of sports cars Very Happy 8K isn't incredibly overpriced for an MA70, although you probably could've found a Turbo Targa model for a similar price after a bit of searching

Just think of the positive... you'll be able to afford a few cool upgrades with the money you save on insurance!

P.S That interior looks immaculate! Don't see too many in the cool blue colour either (well I haven't anyway)

Dan
Layoric
Regular

August 2003

Re: My Targa MA70 Fri, 26 March 2004 07:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thought i'd put up some pics of my new paint Smiley =. Please ignore the mags, they arem being "altered" when i get some spray cans Razz, but a did get them for $300 with rubber Smiley =

Here are the pics!

http://www.users.on.net/layoric/frontrightnewpaint.jpg
http://www.users.on.net/layoric/side123.jpg

[Updated on: Fri, 26 March 2004 07:27]

Simon
Forums Junkie

December 2003

Re: My Targa MA70 [56kers be warned] Fri, 26 March 2004 07:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Very nice car dude! Cool Very Happy
Layoric
Regular

August 2003

Re: My Targa MA70 [56kers be warned] Sat, 27 March 2004 06:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks dude, hopefully no one else will decide to back into me Rolling Eyes
clubagreenie
Forums Junkie

November 2002

Re: My Targa MA70 [56kers be warned] Sat, 27 March 2004 13:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just get the mags polished, would look great against the blue I think
Layoric
Regular

August 2003

Re: My Targa MA70 [56kers be warned] Sun, 28 March 2004 03:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You mean take back the red to a polish look? cause i really want to do that and have been temped to just take some steel wool to it, but dunno if that will fuck it or not. What would be the best way of doing it?

Caledwvech
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: My Targa MA70 [56kers be warned] Sun, 28 March 2004 04:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nice dude. I like it. I wish mine was targa. love em. And the mags dont look that bad anyway.
Layoric
Regular

August 2003

Re: My Targa MA70 [56kers be warned] Sun, 28 March 2004 05:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
They are a lot of fun i must admit, but if you are into performace at all, i would probably decide against them. Your's (Caledwvech), looks awesome lowered like that (plus turbo front does it have 88.5 lights? or a digital dash? would top it off nicely, for me any ways Smile ), do you find much trouble with scraping? mine is a high rider at the moment with stock springs and shocks, but hope to lower it when i get some more money.

Cheers
clubagreenie
Forums Junkie

November 2002

Re: My Targa MA70 [56kers be warned] Mon, 29 March 2004 04:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Polished right back to the alloy, so it would be silver.
Caledwvech
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: My Targa MA70 [56kers be warned] Mon, 29 March 2004 06:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mine doesnt have the digital dash. I am glad about that. Not crazy about the whole digital thing.

I have actually just raised it about an inch or so. Got some Bilsteins and replaced the Koni's with them. (So I do have some spare Koni yellow's sitting around) I did have a problem with scraping. Every single speed bump no matter how small made it scrape. I couldnt really go into any carparks or anything. Sad Much better now and I havent really lost any of the performance.
Toml
Regular

March 2004
Re: My Targa MA70 [56kers be warned] Mon, 29 March 2004 07:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What's wrong with the digital dash? is that just personal preference, or is there actually some problems with them?

I'm very interested in getting a MA71, and I want the digital dash, so i'd be greatful if you could give any reasons for getting the analogue dash instead..

Thanks,
Tom
Caledwvech
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: My Targa MA70 [56kers be warned] Mon, 29 March 2004 23:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Basically it's personal preferance. Mine is a ma71 and I just like the analog dash. Also there is less to go wrong. And if something does go wrong, it's easier to fix. Just a number of different little things. But most is just personal likes and dislikes.
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: My Targa MA70 [56kers be warned] Tue, 30 March 2004 05:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i recently just bought a JZA70 aerotop! black as well! pfft who says red goes faster! Laughing

alas at the price of being auto, but its not such a big drama really!

layoric, are you south side or north side?

have you joined up with the CCG?

i wasnt 100% keen on the digi dash, but its really growing on me!
soaringmik
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: My Targa MA70 [56kers be warned] Tue, 30 March 2004 07:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Good to see the Supra back to its former glory. Looks great
Layoric
Regular

August 2003

Re: My Targa MA70 [56kers be warned] Tue, 30 March 2004 13:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ahh so you ended up getting it the night after that cruise? I was the navigator of the soarer (don't worry mik, she was polished and looking good, door still has to get fixed, but steering rack is getting replaced and stereo in it in about 2 weeks), told ya the digital dash rocks!!! still looking for one myself.

And whad are ya talking about Uleh, my rims at at least 25kw at the wheelz cauze they is red Razz Razz

I am south side, in western creek. I have joined the ccg on the website and i went along to that cruise (not in my car as it was in the paintshop). I gotta bunch of stuff i have to get done to it in the next 2 weeks, just little things, brakes, shockies, new tyres Rolling Eyes and the steering is acting up a bit, but i'm pretty sure it's the fooked tyres on it. Part from that it's schmicko Very Happy - the turbo, digital dash, 88.5+ rear lights, lowered springs and some braces Wink.

notso'alwaysRA23' would love to check out your ride in person, hows the flex with the top off? don't tell me you have been keeping it on the whole time!???!? post some pics too Wink

[Updated on: Tue, 30 March 2004 13:53]

alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: My Targa MA70 [56kers be warned] Tue, 30 March 2004 22:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ummm yeah the flex isnt too bad,

we'll have to cruise out with the roofs off to braddon or something one friday night,
with the windows up and the heater on its not tooooooo cold HAHAHA

are you comming to dubbo?

the digital dash is growing on me.. but im still not 100 percent about it!

what kinda stereo are you looking at getting? audio tech in tuggeranong are installing and fabricating a fibreglass box that molds into the back drivers side corner of the boot. so i can still keep my sub and amp, and keep the roof in the boot! pretty schmick!

http://www.geocities.com/social_ccg/images/supra.bmp

theres a pic of my car.
Layoric
Regular

August 2003

Re: My Targa MA70 [56kers be warned] Wed, 31 March 2004 08:05 Go to previous message
Very nice dude, will have to do a photo shoot together i rekon Wink would look very cool.

I really don't know what i'm doing about the audio as i'm really not into subs, but i did want some bigger speakers than 4"'s, so i'll have to see, i dunno yet. I'm most after sound clarity rather than volume Wink

Hey, if you are EVER unsure about the digital dash let me know, will take it off your hands Smile.

I really don't think i will be coming to dubbo, i am flat out with study and people staying with me here and also going to melb for easter. Would love to go though, just have other things already planned.

Cold or no cold for me, the top comes off whenever i can handle the flex. Let me know if you are going for a cruise on the weekend or something. One good thing, personally, you won't have to change your mags, suit it very nicely, awesome ride alround dude.

Darren.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:My RA60 "The Bronze Warrior"
Next Topic:My Seca SX :D
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun May 12 11:49:39 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0043599605560303 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.