Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Lectric
Regular

February 2004

Price Check: MA70 Supra, Wed, 24 March 2004 09:11 Go to next message
Help me out here peoples,

I found a MA70 Supra today for sale, wanted $8k, engine looks in ok to good condition, 7M-GE, Automatic, 311,000ks on the clock, Auto is responsive, but I prefer a manual!

Body is reasonably straight, boring stereo in it.

Have knocked seller to $7k including RWC, 1 year Rego, plus repair to most problems I've spotted, left it pending a mechanics inspection.

So, for a nice Toyota under $10-12k, is it worth getting the N/A Auto Supra and living with it till I want a 1JZ or 7M-GTE and a Manual gearbox??

Will upload a pic as soon as it comes off my email..
http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=getfile&id=3637

Attachment: MA70.JPG
(Size: 16.44KB, Downloaded 444 time(s))

[Updated on: Sun, 28 March 2004 13:10]

Send a private message to this user    
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Price Check: MA70 Supra, Wed, 24 March 2004 23:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
seems like $7k is pretty alright too me.

if you go manual conversion that would cost about $2k - this means "total" is $9k which is an average price I guess for a manual supra

now, turbo manual supras range from near 10k to 14 max (7m), SO, I would say it is a good deal if your end goal is to have a 1j or 2j in it. it is a nice start, and if the body is clean then that makes a good platform.

now if you were thinking of just whacking a 7mgte in there, then I would say it is NOT a good deal Very Happy

my 2c anyway dude
Lectric
Regular

February 2004

Re: Price Check: MA70 Supra, Thu, 25 March 2004 01:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for actually commenting unlike everyone else who looked but didnt talk!

Im passing up the offer, awaiting a better one, its not as nice as I would have liked for a MA70. Sad
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Price Check: MA70 Supra, Thu, 25 March 2004 05:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you want a manual turbo......

buy a manual turbo

save you time and money

Unless of course an absolute awesome body comes along that you cant pass up. Cool
Lectric
Regular

February 2004

Re: Price Check: MA70 Supra, Fri, 26 March 2004 01:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've got an look in at a $5900 stock MA70 Manual at the moment, hoping its worth it, as it will save me insurance money till I sort out what I want it to be later..

Thanks for the advice BlackSupra.
dsp_26
Occasional Poster

October 2003
Re: Price Check: MA70 Supra, Fri, 26 March 2004 01:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mate import one from www.prestigemotorsport.com.au and speak to geoff Risby. They got some import ones thar are fairly modded for good prices already. plus 15yr rule which means you can get em hear now or sometime soon this year withoout compliance....
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Price Check: MA70 Supra, Fri, 26 March 2004 02:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
theres a black ma70 gt limited, 5 speed, etc for sale in ballarat, $11,000. very straight. i made a thread in here with the exact details if you're interested....

if you're still interested let me know and ill get some pics/details/phone numbers

Surprised
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Price Check: MA70 Supra, Sun, 28 March 2004 09:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
possable front end impact look at lines of bonnet vs nose unless its just the catch not siting down.

and you ment 300,000+ km yeah??? 31,000 is bullshit if its not first owner in Australia even then only seen ONE low km unit lately

Allan

[Updated on: Sun, 28 March 2004 09:36]

Lectric
Regular

February 2004

Re: Price Check: MA70 Supra, Sun, 28 March 2004 13:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thx Allan, I did mean 311,000!

Not looking at that example any more, but still interested in cheaper Mk3's.. but, im pretty pov after just having moved out of home, so will see what happens...
jackel
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Price Check: MA70 Supra, Sun, 28 March 2004 15:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my friend got a ga70 twin turbo auto for $7000
twincam_ke20
Forums Junkie

November 2002

Re: Price Check: MA70 Supra, Sun, 28 March 2004 21:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
as the saying goes, you get what you pay for Very Happy i say take your time and spend a little more $$$, most MA70 supras are getting old now and run down, costing ppl to much to fix etc , hence why their selling.

theres usually 2-3 in the melb trading post every week
Lectric
Regular

February 2004

Re: Price Check: MA70 Supra, Mon, 29 March 2004 01:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll take my time, I promise..

But, I dont hugely mind about the engine heaps, I have a list of Mods planned for it Smile

Body needs to be straight but!
Layoric
Regular

August 2003

Re: Price Check: MA70 Supra, Mon, 29 March 2004 05:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I found my supra with less km's and aero top (same auto NA) for 8k (and that was't the BEST deal, but alright), and it had a straight body, So you'll find better deals, and if your not too fussed about the engine, don't let that straight body get away!, be ready with a deposit i've found always helps too Smiley = good luck finding one!
dingaling
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Price Check: MA70 Supra, Mon, 29 March 2004 05:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i payed $2500 for mine Very Happy
Layoric
Regular

August 2003

Re: Price Check: MA70 Supra, Mon, 29 March 2004 05:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Before or after import costs Wink
I wish i had a digital dash..
dingaling
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Price Check: MA70 Supra, Mon, 29 March 2004 06:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
after Very Happy

just good timing really, the guy i buaght it off, had to move to hong kong within a few weeks, and took my $2500 offer.
Lectric
Regular

February 2004

Re: Price Check: MA70 Supra, Wed, 31 March 2004 02:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for the hints peeps.
thug_immortal
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: Price Check: MA70 Supra, Wed, 31 March 2004 09:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If your plan is to turbo it later on, try and find a PERFECTLY straight car, even if it cost that little bit extra. I personally wouldnt buy a turbo model (even though i did) as my car has been off the road too long being rebuilt etc. At least you can do the work to the engine while its out of thew car and then just slot it in. In the long run a straight, rust free body is the way to go, especially if you have long term plans for the car. Just take your time, and dont be pushed around by the owner, do research, know what they are worth and dont pay more than its worth
DLuded
Regular

June 2003
Re: Price Check: MA70 Supra, Thu, 01 April 2004 04:29 Go to previous message
dont know if someone already said this but CHECK FOR A BLOWN HEAD GASKET. hopefully the head has been re-torque
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:WTB: ST185 GT4
Next Topic:FS: R33 gtr 1995
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu May 16 09:08:38 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0051469802856445 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.