Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
chrishulbert
Regular

March 2003
DSE Digital Tacho Wed, 28 January 2004 04:39 Go to next message
I was thinking of making one of these:

http://www.dse.com.au/cgi-bin/dse.storefront/40171 19e0220dae0273fc0a87f9c06e5/Product/View/K3241

Anyone made one? Are they any good? I reckon it'd be a good cheap way to get an accurate tacho for my car (i'm assuming since its digital it should be very accurate).
  Send a private message to this user    
alex_ta22
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: DSE Digital Tacho Wed, 28 January 2004 06:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wohoo found my next project for electronics,if you can wait long enough i'll go buy it, pass it off as my project, then test it out in the old TA22 Very Happy
chrishulbert
Regular

March 2003
Re: DSE Digital Tacho Wed, 17 March 2004 04:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just digging up this thread again - I bought and assembled the kit (took a couple of hours, then again i've done these kits before).

Hooked it up, and it seems to work fine. Just need to calibrate it and connect it to the distributor! I'll let you all know how it goes.

Oh yeah - the display is BRIGHT red. Kindof like a digital alarm clock. I might spraypaint a couple layers of black over it...
ColMX83
Occasional Poster

September 2003
Re: DSE Digital Tacho Mon, 29 March 2004 07:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
By the way, I have just built one for my 1JZ and the signal is just fine. The only proviso is that you need to buy the more expensive kit based on a PIC Controller ($70).

I am replacing the standard Tacho with a blank plate, then fitting the tacho and another DSE kit for boost.

Should work OK
Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: DSE Digital Tacho Mon, 29 March 2004 10:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yup built ant fitted one, works great, just running it of the
-VE from the coil and +12 from IGN. The auto light sensor is nifty too dimming and brightening the dislpay. 10 segment redline is also nifty. I bothered to put it all in a SV20 Laughing anyway works a treat well worth the $$$. Only paid $50 for mine though.
boris
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
On probation

January 2003
Re: DSE Digital Tacho Mon, 29 March 2004 10:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pics? Cool
TA-022
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

March 2004
Re: DSE Digital Tacho Mon, 29 March 2004 10:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jaycar do 1 too with casing for external mount and all.

havent permantly installed one yet but have tested it on my lancer and the incriments are a lot more accurate.

the jaycar one also has a built in shift progress light.

ie 0-redline lights up bar leds going from green-yellow to red as shift point (which you can set)

from memory its $60... unassembled and pretty easy as long as you have pcb soldering experience.

i didnt and burnt me 1st one out...bout another just to prove i could do it...lol

pics

http://users.tpg.com.au/nbdean/JaycarTacho1.JPG

http://users.tpg.com.au/nbdean/JaycarTacho2.JPG

Cheers

Nathan

[Updated on: Mon, 29 March 2004 11:07]

Cyber-punk
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: DSE Digital Tacho Mon, 29 March 2004 11:32 Go to previous message
one of my mates had one in his corona
worked well from what we gathered, looked kind of shit though as he only hooked up half the circuit(lazy buggeR) and it only read xx00 rpm Razz
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:O2 & Speed Sensor
Next Topic:A Question on Alarms
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu May 9 19:12:46 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00490403175354 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.