Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » Dilemma!!!!! Suggestions please!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
SetMeFree
Forums Junkie

December 2003
Dilemma!!!!! Suggestions please! Tue, 30 March 2004 03:17 Go to next message
as most know i own a 1996 gay excel...... its dark green with steer and no air its in reasonably good nick. I just got offered a 1994 Mitsubishi lancer to swap for my car.

EXCEL :
* Power steering/no air
* good condition
* 10 mnths rego
* Needs 4 tyres
* Has been in a front end accident before

Lancer
* Has no air or steer
* It`s a 4 door (which i need)
* Its dark green/ color coded bars
* Well maintained (owner is mature)
* Has a cd player
* Looks good and mechanically sound
* 7 mnths rego

I dont know if i should do the swap, its a head on head kind of thing with no money involoved. I dont know much about lancers but i know its a evo 3 shape. Any comments or suggestions would be great!!!!!!
  Send a private message to this user    
lumpy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Dilemma!!!!! Suggestions please! Tue, 30 March 2004 03:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ask yourself the question - why would someone want to swap a good condition lancer for an excel that's been involved in a frontal collision? Sure the lancer may move you slightly up the post a bit in terms of relatively less gayness factor, but who wants an excel that badly?
Better the devil you know I'd say.... but if you're willing to risk it, and need 4 doors than do it.
SetMeFree
Forums Junkie

December 2003
Re: Dilemma!!!!! Suggestions please! Tue, 30 March 2004 03:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well apparently the guy offering me the lancer is after a 2 door and a quick run around car (He seemed fairly rich). He has just purchased the new toyota kluger and is 2 scared 2 drive it everyday and wantes something a bit smaller and for his son to learn how to drive on (His son is 15 turning 16 and absolutely hates the lancer). His older son owns a modified excel and thus smaller brother wants to do the same. The damage cannot be seen only from underneath the radiator support and i did tell the guy it was in a front end accident and he replied "as long as it was repaired properly i dont mind"...... It has been repaired pretty well.

I was just telling this story to my cousin who owns a GSR (Same shape as the one i might get) and he offered me his old gsr motor and bodykit for free to put on the lancer if i get it..... now this is tempting me more to do it.

Note: The bodykit isnt rice its the evolution 3 side skirts and front bar with small extension for the back bar and a small rear wing.......

[Updated on: Tue, 30 March 2004 04:10]

lumpy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Dilemma!!!!! Suggestions please! Tue, 30 March 2004 06:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Get it then! Add GSR bits and they aren't too bad.

And "his brother has a modified excel" Laughing Laughing I wonder if there is an excelmods.org.au site!

Actually of all the Lancers, these look OK, esp when in GSR or EVO mode.

The question is...can you stop yourself from spending money it? Easy for an excel, not so so easy when you start thinking...mmm turbo GSR, or EVO3 front cut! Smile

Also, I am sorry for the man that both his sons are gay. Where will the grandchildren come from?
SetMeFree
Forums Junkie

December 2003
Re: Dilemma!!!!! Suggestions please! Wed, 31 March 2004 07:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I believe the grand children will be coming from his daughters Razz

I've been wondering..... how hard is it to convert the bastard to 4WD im pretty sure i can get my hands on the running gear for cheap.... but how much time & effort will it take as this is limited by my laziness factor Razz
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Dilemma!!!!! Suggestions please! Wed, 31 March 2004 07:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lancer all the way, provided it's manual Wink
Camry_omega
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: Dilemma!!!!! Suggestions please! Wed, 31 March 2004 11:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I would imagine putting in a tailshaft, plus rear diff and centre diff would be a fairly involoved process.
SetMeFree
Forums Junkie

December 2003
Re: Dilemma!!!!! Suggestions please! Thu, 01 April 2004 06:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well....... i ended up letting the lancer go..... I thought hard and long about keeping my "gay" excel and i will keep it! despite the gayness factor.

The reason being is because i know the full history of my car, i trust my car on long drives and the economical factor..... also with my engagement coming back i have no time nor money to build the lancer to how i want it.

Mock me as much as u want about my lil nugget..... at the end of the day i'm not getting defected Razz
lumpy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Dilemma!!!!! Suggestions please! Thu, 01 April 2004 06:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you're driving a "run around" car anyway you might as well stick with something you won't be tempted to spend money on modifying.

Since it's gayer than gay you should call it Carson!

[Updated on: Thu, 01 April 2004 06:39]

jinxinferno
Regular

February 2004
Re: Dilemma!!!!! Suggestions please! Thu, 01 April 2004 06:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tisk...tisk...tisk Nope

Now i for one am not a big fan of the lancer, but damn, i can not think of another car which could rival the excel for its sheer gayness. I mean, for 40+ something mothers or conservative teenage female drivers, they are not so bad (as long as you buy them second hand really cheap because they lose SOOOOO much value via depreciation) but seriously, if you ever wanted a car that you were not going to be ashamed of, a lancer isnt a bad first step, i mean, worst case scenario, you could have done the swap, put on your brothers lancer parts and sold it for more than you could sell your excel. Still, you own the car, and you have to drive it....
My 2c
SetMeFree
Forums Junkie

December 2003
Re: Dilemma!!!!! Suggestions please! Fri, 02 April 2004 02:01 Go to previous message
Yeh true true...... i wouldn't mind owning that lancer..... but then again things are a bit hard and things like that cost $$$$$$$ My gf is trying to sell her NX and if she does by the end of this week i might just change my mind about that lancer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:ST-162 SUNROOF SOLUTION IDEA!!!!!
Next Topic:Wheel stud pattern same as Torana 13"
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 15 16:23:07 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0050559043884277 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.