Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Stallin Automatic ??? go figure =)

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
kayot1k
Regular

July 2003

icon14.gif  Stallin Automatic ??? go figure =) Tue, 30 March 2004 13:43 Go to next message
Rolling Eyes

Hey fellas need somehelp. Well my situation is pretty much recently when i give my ae92 4afe a good gun and break suddenly my check lights flash on.
The other week it flashed like instantly and the car was about to stall but luckily recovered.
Just today i was gunning it down a road and as i started to brake my car stalled completely.
didnt notice till the lights turned green and my accelerator did nothing.
Laughing heheheh pretty embarassin since i had to pop it back into Park and back into Drive.

can anyone direct me to what the problem is ?
i have a full exhaust system and airfilter.
if it makes any difference.
  Send a private message to this user    
fub_
Regular

March 2004
Re: Stallin Automatic ??? go figure =) Tue, 30 March 2004 13:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have no idea what ur problem is but i once stalled an auto
i accidentally knocked the car in reverse at 80km/h and the car just locked up and stalled. i didn't realize what had happened coz i had the bass pumping and becoz i was going down a hill i didn't realize it had been stalled till i had to go up the hill on the other side. It was very embarrassing.
good luck on finding out the problem
kayot1k
Regular

July 2003

icon14.gif  Re: Stallin Automatic ??? go figure =) Tue, 30 March 2004 14:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shocked Fubby... damnz to reverse ???

heheheh thats it man pump up that bass Evil or Very Mad
i had the twin rockies pumpin.
kayot1k
Regular

July 2003

Re: Stallin Automatic ??? go figure =) Wed, 31 March 2004 00:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey fellas doesnt anyone know ?
Rod83
Regular

August 2003
Re: Stallin Automatic ??? go figure =) Wed, 31 March 2004 02:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Have you checked the level of oil in your gearbox?
onejayzed
Regular

September 2003
Re: Stallin Automatic ??? go figure =) Wed, 31 March 2004 02:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
a stalling auto.... Rolling Eyes

my first point to check would be oil pressure, if for some god-knows-reason why, it has too much oil pressure, it will lock up the torque convertor when not under load and stall the engine.

for example, at idle it will have around 60psi of oil pressure, and under load something more like 300psi. it may be possible that the pressure actuator is "sticky" for lack of a better word and causing it to pump 300psi at idle, locking the convertor up solid (like letting the clutch out - but slower).

other than that, the engine might be out of tune and flooding at idle or be too advanced in timing, not being able to hold itself up against the load of the auto at idle. a vacuum leak comes to mind here....

if it's not that, the you got me stumped. i never play with autos, i hate the damn things.
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: Stallin Automatic ??? go figure =) Wed, 31 March 2004 07:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
check idle speed controller {ISC or stepper motor are other names}
DunkyMonkey
Regular

March 2004
Re: Stallin Automatic ??? go figure =) Wed, 31 March 2004 12:06 Go to previous message
well i may as well put in my two cents, i would tell ya to get the auto tranmission checked out, in a manual like you all would know when the car slows to a speed that the gears would have the engine goin below idle it will stall, short of that i would have a clue, stalling an out corolla tho ~85 model is easy~ plant it when its still cold!!! ~oh the days before auto chokes~

[Updated on: Wed, 31 March 2004 12:06]

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:3sge unusual sound
Next Topic:Fitting bucket seat
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 07:27:03 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0042879581451416 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.