Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
physh
Regular

May 2002
Wanted: gen4 Beams 3SGE Tue, 30 March 2004 07:45 Go to next message
After the dual vvti (blacktop) 210ps version, to go in a clubman...
Anyone know either where we can get one in Australia, or who to call / where to start looking for one from Japan to import?

From what I can find, it's from the Lexus RS200 jobbie, and the 6 speed RWD gearbox usually attached.

Any ideas on $$'s it'll cost?

Cheers

Nick

[Updated on: Tue, 30 March 2004 07:47]

Send a private message to this user    
CelicaRA45
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Wanted: gen4 Beams 3SGE Tue, 30 March 2004 09:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
is this to be regoed or raced i have a race 1 with cams amd quad throttles etc etc 0412 045467
physh
Regular

May 2002
Re: Wanted: gen4 Beams 3SGE Tue, 30 March 2004 22:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It's to be road-registered in the ACT (engineered etc)...

PM me with a price and details on the engine, condition etc, what duration cams you running?
._T_.
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Wanted: gen4 Beams 3SGE Tue, 30 March 2004 23:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i'll tell you now you won't be able to register your new clubbie with it in it. suggest you speak you your engineer re: EMISSIONS - look at adr37/00 (euro2) & adr37/01 (euro3). we did not get this motor in aus, so proving euro2/3 emissions will be very difficult & expensive.

sorry

T
CelicaRA45
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Wanted: gen4 Beams 3SGE Wed, 31 March 2004 11:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the motor is new on the engine stand and has all new parts including the cams, valve springs and quad throttles and vernier gears and f/wheel will probaly make 250hp easy ,head has been done as well ,comp is 12 to 1 with special crank and rwd sump and hi vol pump .its a complete rebuild motor has done 2600kays before i bought it and have spent heaps on this ,the head alone was 900 plus 500 for valve springs ,plus cams 460 lift 320 dur or 268 at 50 thou ,its my spare at the moment incase the main 1 shits itself which has been going for 2 years with out any hassles
TerryOBeirne
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Wanted: gen4 Beams 3SGE Wed, 31 March 2004 21:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey glen, pls send me your new email contact. I sold the BEAMS engine and 6 speed box for $3800. it is going into a Westfield. I suspect engine is EU compliant as its sold in UK. I will check it out via my Toyota factory contacts
levinracer
Regular

November 2003
Re: Wanted: gen4 Beams 3SGE Thu, 01 April 2004 06:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I WILL SELL YOU MINE IT HAS ALL THAT GLENS HAS AND MORE,CALL ME ON 0419492236.

BRAD
CelicaRA45
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Wanted: gen4 Beams 3SGE Thu, 01 April 2004 06:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rack off brad im in here 1st
levinracer
Regular

November 2003
Re: Wanted: gen4 Beams 3SGE Thu, 01 April 2004 06:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
YOU CANT HANDLE THE TRUTH!
CelicaRA45
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Wanted: gen4 Beams 3SGE Thu, 01 April 2004 06:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what truth is that bradley ha ha
levinracer
Regular

November 2003
Re: Wanted: gen4 Beams 3SGE Thu, 01 April 2004 12:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE SCULLY
no_tofu_speed
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Jab what?!!?!
Re: Wanted: gen4 Beams 3SGE Thu, 01 April 2004 15:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How many versions of the BEAMS sge were released and which are road legal? Didnt Mr Sherwood use a BEAMS in his sprinter?
._T_.
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Wanted: gen4 Beams 3SGE Thu, 01 April 2004 22:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
there are basically 4 versions.

the earlier motors were "red top" manual dual vvt, auto inlet only vvt. later versions were "black top" no difference in power output. no idea what differences there are between red & black.

all are "road legal" but none were ever available in australia, so proving emissions legaity is YOUR problem if you choose to use one. do't expect toyota to provide you with a letter saying it's euro compliant, as it won't happen!

(testing at altona about $1000 up front PER test to prove emissions)

T
peewee
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Wanted: gen4 Beams 3SGE Fri, 02 April 2004 15:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
and i guess that the people at RTA can tell the difference between your standard 3sge and a beams? how noticeable are the differences?
._T_.
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Wanted: gen4 Beams 3SGE Fri, 02 April 2004 22:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fairly different.

you might get lucky with a road car, but with an icv/kit car - your engineer will require YOU to prove it meets emissions.

T
dar_sbb
Regular

June 2003
Re: Wanted: gen4 Beams 3SGE Fri, 02 April 2004 23:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
to put it of rfront wheel drive ios only the sump and box needed?
._T_.
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Wanted: gen4 Beams 3SGE Sat, 03 April 2004 04:26 Go to previous message
beams 3sge was available in fwd setup (only intake cam vvt) in the following cars:
celica
mr2
rav4
caldina

not common in wreckers yet!!

T
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Custom bonnet sticker
Next Topic:215/45 17's
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-