Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
DunkyMonkey
Regular

March 2004
celica no go Wed, 31 March 2004 07:13 Go to next message
i'm rather not happy, my celica had to be towed to the toyota service department, as RACQ didn't know whats really wrong with it, this being the case that only toyota will keep a dionistic kit for a celica, they said they should get to look at it tomorrow Very Happy i miss my car already, in the mean time some friends of mine are lending me the charade.

i'll let you all know what the problem is when we find out, how ever the symptons are that the car will start and will idle then as time goes on the engine will shake, shake some more, violently shake, and yeah eventually stall. as the engine is turning over tho i noticed that the engine isn't turning over consistently, its seems to spirt then go normal and spirt again ~what a good description~ its like lop-sided reving, ummm the tear down and rebuild manual says that the car rather has some vacuum seals leaking, leeking head gasket, or the timming belt slipping, as i just had the timming belt redone 3 days ago it would appear to be the most logical solution.

in closing, i miss my car!!!!

~its sad but true~
  Send a private message to this user    
sik sx
Regular

I supported Toymods

March 2004
Re: celica no go Wed, 31 March 2004 11:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yo i know how ya feel..same thing happened to me not long ago..of course i had a blown head gastket and head..so besiaclly i chose to do a full rebuilt..hopefully u get off easy and its nothing major..but thats what it may be
good luck dude
DunkyMonkey
Regular

March 2004
Re: celica no go Wed, 31 March 2004 11:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i seriously hope not, i have only had the car for 7weeks, i'll cry if i have to rebuild my baby's engine already!!!
DunkyMonkey
Regular

March 2004
Re: celica no go Thu, 01 April 2004 11:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sci fleet toyota called today, the MAP sensors have all failed, its costing me $630 to replace, i shall have her back tomorrow, ~my baby~
takai
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: celica no go Thu, 01 April 2004 11:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CRAP $630 for a MAP sensor.
Thats way expensive.
What engine is in there?
DunkyMonkey
Regular

March 2004
Re: celica no go Thu, 01 April 2004 12:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
2.2L 5SFE
takai
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: celica no go Thu, 01 April 2004 12:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Far out, they only use 1 MAP sensor, and the GT4 version costs $320 RETAIL.
You are getting ripped so hardcore.
DunkyMonkey
Regular

March 2004
Re: celica no go Thu, 01 April 2004 12:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats fully installed by sci fleet toyota, they are over priced, it would't supprise me.
takai
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: celica no go Thu, 01 April 2004 12:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Overpriced is hardly an understatement.
Its a 5min job.
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: celica no go Thu, 01 April 2004 12:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that is the most stupid price in the history of the universe

get a 2nd hand one easy. ring toyota or even better a wrecker you should get it for nix dude
DunkyMonkey
Regular

March 2004
Re: celica no go Thu, 01 April 2004 12:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shit ay, thats gotta suck to be me, i don't mind as long as my car runs well after it!!!
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: celica no go Thu, 01 April 2004 15:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah as soon as I read your original post (just then I know a bit late) I was gonna say air sensor, cause one time I forgot to plug my AFM back in and it did exactly like you said, was having a fuck around wondering what was wrong then I noticed the missing plug (dumb me Embarassed )
DunkyMonkey
Regular

March 2004
Re: celica no go Thu, 01 April 2004 21:25 Go to previous message
thanks everyone for your help, sci fleet are fixing it coz i told them to do it yesterday, i will have a chat to them about the overpricing of it, but i don't think they will do anything about it. i will just have to learn from the exprience and never take my car back, in the meantime if i get my car back running nicely then i shall be happy.

thanks again everyone!!
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:different wheel offsets
Next Topic:Running an engine without exhaust?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun May 5 17:53:26 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.007072925567627 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.