Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Members Rides » Troy's Turbo TA22 WITH NEW PICS!!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
TRD78
Regular

March 2003
Troy's Turbo TA22 WITH NEW PICS!! Sun, 22 February 2004 10:47 Go to next message
1974 TA22
Candy Apple Red 2 pak paint
Momo Steering Wheel
Momo gearknob
Boost guage in place of factory clock
High/Low Boost switch beside it on centre console
Interior otherwise standard at this point
Microtech Data Logger

3TGTE.
Microtech LTX8
Converted to Crank Angle Sensor
4 X 4AGZE coil packs
8 X the shortest 8mm leads ever
Iridium Spark Plugs
Custom plenum on standard runners
New 3 core radiator
Davies, Craig Thermo Fan controlled by Microtech
XF throttle body
600X300X78mm Hybrid Intercooler
CT26 Steel wheel turbo
Toyota Oil Cooler
Oil Catch Can
Turbosmart Type 2 BOV
Turbosmart Dual Stage Boost Controller
Custom high mount exhaust manifold and 3.5 inch dump pipe
Full mandrel bent 3 inch exhaust with high flow cat and cannon muffler
Brass Button Clutch 2800 pound clamp pressure with sprung centre
Low pressure fuel pump into approx. 2L surge tank,
Bosch 044 600hp fuel pump, new 8mm lines
N1 GTR 550cc injectors
Fuel pressure regulator, fuel pressure gauge

W55 box
BW78 LSD diff shortened and modified to celica stud pattern
VN commodore disc brakes on rear
Custom tailshaft
AU Cross-drilled and slotted rotors and AU twin spot calipers
On RA60 front struts

Custom made coil-overs, lower control arms and lots of other fancy stuff that i have limited knowledge of but i am assured will make my car handle and steer much better

Koni Adjustable Shocks, Koni springs(rear)
All new nolathane bushes

15x7 Simmons B45's with ordinary tyres ATM but probably Falkens by the time it's on the road...

!!!TO BE UPDATED!!!

Follow the link in phils and shanes posts for pictures...
New pictures soon of the actual car not just the engine...

[Updated on: Fri, 16 April 2004 06:18]

Send a private message to this user    
Simon
Forums Junkie

December 2003

Re: Troy's TA22 Sun, 22 February 2004 11:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cant wait to see the pictures. Smile
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: Troy's TA22 Sun, 22 February 2004 11:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CelicaBoi wrote on Sun, 22 February 2004 21:34

Cant wait to see the pictures. Smile

well here u go

http://www.geocities.com/mrdohcpics2/troy.html

i have cut the qual of the pics so they are small in kb size
Cyber-punk
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: Troy's TA22 Sun, 22 February 2004 12:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that looks purdy!
how long has it taken to get this far?
and have you anything else planned? or are you satisfied?

oh and one last thing
what is meant by a hybrid intercooler?
TRD78
Regular

March 2003
Re: Troy's TA22 Sun, 22 February 2004 20:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hybrid is the brand of intercooler,
There are plenty more things i have left to do, I will drive it for a while and save some more money so i can rebuild the engine with forged everything...
The engine work was all done at F.A.S.T on the gold coast,bodywork at Bodyline (also on the gold coast). So far it has taken about 3 months...
ta22celica_boy
Regular

August 2002
Re: Troy's TA22 Tue, 24 February 2004 04:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey man, nice car i like the paint!!!!

im just getting my 3tgte rewired with an EMS, i was just wonderin how hard is it to fit the crank angle sensor as i wanna put a bigger plenum on in the future, ive been told its a bitch on the 3tgte

thanks josh
munki
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Troy's Turbo TA22 Fri, 27 February 2004 07:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
looking good troy. Still havent gone down to look at it in the workshop. u gonna keep the stocko white and brown interior still?
TRD78
Regular

March 2003
Re: Troy's Turbo TA22 Fri, 27 February 2004 12:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Thanx daniel,I probably will for a little while, engine mods are my main concern for the time being... A few months after it's on the road i will start thinking about that sort of stuff, maybe a custom dash as well, tinting the windows too...
Good to see u like it,
Troy
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Troy's Turbo TA22 Sun, 29 February 2004 09:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Very nice mate, it certainly makes me want to get mine going even more than I already want to.
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Troy's Turbo TA22 Thu, 25 March 2004 09:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Troy are you going to be able to fit the front lower skirt thing?
TRD78
Regular

March 2003
Re: Troy's Turbo TA22 Thu, 25 March 2004 11:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Definitely not, he had to cut off over a metre of it... i'll take pics of the bit that's cut out, i brought it home as memorabilia, lol, just to show ppl how big the space is for the cooler...
Bit of a sacrifice, but well worth it i think...
Troy
TRD78
Regular

March 2003
Re: Troy's Turbo TA22 Thu, 25 March 2004 11:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
And not only that, the intercooler pipes go in where the parker's used to be, so i need to think of somewhere to put some parkers... anyone got any ideas?
Troy
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Troy's Turbo TA22 Thu, 25 March 2004 11:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah I didnt think it would fit too well. The intercooler i'll be using for starters is alot smaller. I'll end up cutting out the areas where the park lights go and running the pipeing up under there.
http://members.iinet.net.au/~shanej/Intercooler/P0002558S.jpg
TRD78
Regular

March 2003
Re: Troy's Turbo TA22 Thu, 25 March 2004 11:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So what are u gonna do for parkers?
Troy
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Troy's Turbo TA22 Thu, 25 March 2004 11:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
For the park lights I am thinking about just making some brackets to move them in wards a tad.
TRD78
Regular

March 2003
Re: Troy's Turbo TA22 Thu, 25 March 2004 11:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeh, i'm gonna have to make something full custom up for mine, little holes drilled into the sealed beams with bulbs poking in or something... Confused
Troy
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Troy's Turbo TA22 Thu, 25 March 2004 11:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have another idea of using some clear GT indicator lenses and using some white and orange LED's in them. This way they can be used for a dual purpose.
TRD78
Regular

March 2003
Re: Troy's Turbo TA22 Thu, 25 March 2004 11:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh yeh, that sounds good, I've got a set of them lined up too... hope i get them...
Troy
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Troy's Turbo TA22 Thu, 25 March 2004 11:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well thats an idea for you Wink
alex_ta22
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: Troy's Turbo TA22 Fri, 26 March 2004 04:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey cool1, how will u indicate with your parkers on? wont they just look like a big blur of light?
TRD78
Regular

March 2003
Re: Troy's Turbo TA22 Fri, 26 March 2004 08:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the orange led's will just be a fair bit brighter than the white ones i guess..
Troy
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Troy's Turbo TA22 Sat, 27 March 2004 04:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I would have it setup so that when the orange LED's come on the white would turn off. Pretty simple.
Now who has some GT lenses for me?
TRD78
Regular

March 2003
Re: Troy's Turbo TA22 Sat, 27 March 2004 07:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
We'll u'll just have to show me how to do that then Mr electrician... i'll bring it round for u to do eh? It sounds a bit too technical for my limited understanding of auto-electrics... lol
Troy
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Troy's Turbo TA22 Sat, 27 March 2004 08:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hehe. No problem Smile
TRD78
Regular

March 2003
Re: Troy's Turbo TA22 Sat, 27 March 2004 09:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
And then if it stops working i'll just assume it's a bad earth right? isn't that what every electrical fault can be traced to? Laughing
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Troy's Turbo TA22 Sat, 27 March 2004 09:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes that correct. Every single electrical fault in cars is a bad earth. Always.

hehehe
TRD78
Regular

March 2003
Re: Troy's Turbo TA22 Tue, 30 March 2004 09:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So should i get a personalised plate for this car or not guyz?
Tommo
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Troy's Turbo TA22 Tue, 30 March 2004 09:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah get TA22NV.
lol, id get something better than that though. I see so many plates that begin or end with "envy" or "to envy"
TRD78
Regular

March 2003
Re: Troy's Turbo TA22 Tue, 30 March 2004 22:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeh i think number plates like that should be left for guys with 'hotted up'(and i use this term loosely), civics and preludes...
Tommo
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Troy's Turbo TA22 Wed, 31 March 2004 03:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
plus your car isnt the mandatory pink or purple with glitter sparkles to wear plates as lame as that.
munki
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Troy's Turbo TA22 Wed, 31 March 2004 12:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey

saw ur car at goldcoast suspension looking good!
TRD78
Regular

March 2003
Re: Troy's Turbo TA22 Wed, 31 March 2004 22:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What day was that?
It should be out of there by today, then just need brakes on it... Did u have a good look, or just noticed it as u went past?
munki
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Troy's Turbo TA22 Wed, 31 March 2004 22:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
um it would be on monday i was there asking about shocks. I had a quick look and it looks very neat indeed. Is it wired and running? cause it looked exceptionally neat in the engine bay.

Oh and what suspension u using in it?

the old dude didnt seem to want to sell me konis or kybs but rebuild my crap munroes but then they would be expensive crap munroes haha.
TRD78
Regular

March 2003
Re: Troy's Turbo TA22 Thu, 01 April 2004 05:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It is ready to run, but it hasn't been started yet, to my knowledge... the new tailshaft should be in there by now tho, so once the brakes are on, it's straight to the dyno for tuning...

He re-wired a lot of stuff like all the headlights and stuff, the only wires in the engine bay are for injectors and other things that can't go elsewhere...

Suspension in it I am actually not 100% sure what is in the front end yet... Koni adjustable shocks and springs in the rear, and some sort of custom made coil-overs in the front... They are height and damper adjustable, but not camber and castor, i may do this at a later stage. Although apparently it will have 3 degrees negative camber which would be about what i want anyway... anymore and i'd go thru front tyres almost as much as rear ones... lol
Troy
TRD78
Regular

March 2003
Re: Troy's Turbo TA22 Fri, 02 April 2004 10:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh yeh, got a Copper Head Gasket too... forgot about that one... Very Happy
TRD-75
Regular

July 2003
Re: Troy's Turbo TA22 Fri, 02 April 2004 10:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
man i can't wait to see that on the road! mine's coming off the road when rego runs out in october then it' either a 13BT or SR20DET transplant and respray
TRD78
Regular

March 2003
Re: Troy's Turbo TA22 Fri, 02 April 2004 11:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Y bastardise it? plenty of toyota engines that can do just as good... What colour u gonna spray it?
TRD-75
Regular

July 2003
Re: Troy's Turbo TA22 Fri, 02 April 2004 11:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
always wanted a rotary! maybe a 20 valve turbo? i'm gonna paint it white with a fair bit of blue pearl.
TRD78
Regular

March 2003
Re: Troy's Turbo TA22 Fri, 02 April 2004 11:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh 4AGTE, with 20v head, quad throttles... better than rotors
finney
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Troy's Turbo TA22 Sat, 03 April 2004 06:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
never been a huge fan of red sports cars, but this one is amazing, Love the colour on the TA22. The gold simmons mags also compliment the colour quite well Smile
TRD78
Regular

March 2003
Re: Troy's Turbo TA22 Sat, 03 April 2004 09:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanx for the positive comments mate, I wasn't quite sure about the gold mags at first but they are growing on me... slowly... Razz
KING_22
Regular

August 2003
Re: Troy's Turbo TA22 Sun, 04 April 2004 02:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey COOL1 tell me how to post a pic and i'll show u how we did mine
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Troy's Turbo TA22 Sun, 04 April 2004 02:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Send the pic to me and i'll host it. shanej@iinet.net.au
KING_22
Regular

August 2003
Re: Troy's Turbo TA22 Wed, 07 April 2004 07:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pics sent...
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Troy's Turbo TA22 Wed, 07 April 2004 07:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Troy, if you feel these are taking over your thread, let me know and i'll remove them.

http://members.iinet.net.au/~shanej/Hosted/King22/FrontMount1.jpg
http://members.iinet.net.au/~shanej/Hosted/King22/FrontMount2.jpg
http://members.iinet.net.au/~shanej/Hosted/King22/FrontMount3.jpg

[Updated on: Wed, 07 April 2004 07:44]

Andy_H
Regular

October 2003
Re: Troy's Turbo TA22 Wed, 07 April 2004 10:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how much was that cooler?? and what are the dimensions? looks good.

[Updated on: Wed, 07 April 2004 10:49]

TRD78
Regular

March 2003
Re: Troy's Turbo TA22 Wed, 07 April 2004 11:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
not too worried, maybe should start another thread tho and include some specs as well coz i'd be interested to see what's been done... always keen to sus out the competition... Twisted Evil
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Troy's Turbo TA22 Wed, 07 April 2004 11:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, he just want to show how he did the pipe for the cooler.
KING_22
Regular

August 2003
Re: Troy's Turbo TA22 Sat, 10 April 2004 13:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh man, not trying to hijack, just illustrating how it can be done without chopping your body to threads. It might be useful to the guys that dont really want to modify the stone tray etc. As u guys can see, the trick is to go as tall as u can, the cooler is actually quite large for the application while still keeping the rest of the body standard. its larger than an evo cooler, just turned the other way. Amberley Auto's in Dandenong(VIC) u can actually check out my car on the website www.amberleyautos.com.au. Amberley measured up the specs, called PWR in QLD and got them to make it up. I got a really good deal on the install and piping price coz my engine etc was already out.
TRD78
Regular

March 2003
Re: Troy's Turbo TA22 Sun, 11 April 2004 10:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeh man, i was originally gonna do that, have a tall one between the headlights, but just easier and it didn't really bother me cutting the stone tray out almost completely... Laughing

Progress report:
Just been to the suspension shop and the coil-over parts that were sent up from melbourne were the wrong parts... More delays, yipee!!
It is gonna have adjustable height, damper rates, as well as camber and castor adjustment... Camber will be adjustable with a dial on the strut top, looks pretty kool... Once it's back from suspension place, just the brakes need to be chucked on and tuned up... Anticipation is killing me...
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Troy's Turbo TA22 Sun, 11 April 2004 12:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how long has this been in the making?... looks great
TRD78
Regular

March 2003
Re: Troy's Turbo TA22 Mon, 12 April 2004 10:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanx mate, UWell let's see, it left my house in about november, went to the Bodyline, then to F.A.S.T and it's been there ever since... Nar it's been to an exhaust shop in miami, and it's at Gold Coast Suspension ATM... Sort of been taking a little longer than i originally planned Sad
Grega
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002

Re: Troy's Turbo TA22 Tue, 13 April 2004 05:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
far out. thats a sensational cooler setup.
good to see the front beaver has been left alone too!

trd78, mate it all takes time. my ta22 has been off the road for almost a couple of years now!
TRD78
Regular

March 2003
Re: Troy's Turbo TA22 Thu, 15 April 2004 07:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
front beaver? was that sarcasm about the lack of my front skirt or what?
yeh i know it takes time, but i want it now... lol Razz Every time i go see it i get more and more excited, which is why i've only been to see it once in the last month and a half...
BTW got some new pics, phil or anyone else wanna host them 4 me? In the pics the front end is off (bonnet, guards, intercooler & piping so that the suspesion shop can't scratch/damage any of it) There is also no suspension in it at all yet, but he showed me the basic set-up (with the wrong parts he got sent Mad ) and it looks sweet...
But the engine is all together so u can see the coil/spark set-up that covers most of my engine... lol
Troy
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Troy's Turbo TA22 Thu, 15 April 2004 07:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Send them to me and i'll host them.
TRD78
Regular

March 2003
Re: Troy's Turbo TA22 Thu, 15 April 2004 15:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what's ur email address? they are real big so i'll have to reduce them a bit...
Troy
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Troy's Turbo TA22 Thu, 15 April 2004 20:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shanej@iinet.net.au

Doesnt matter how big they are as long as they all dont add up to over 10mb.
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Troy's Turbo TA22 Fri, 16 April 2004 04:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
New pictures can be seen here: http://members.iinet.net.au/~shanej/Hosted/Troy/
TRD78
Regular

March 2003
Re: Troy's Turbo TA22 Fri, 16 April 2004 05:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My mate made sure he took pictures of where the intercooler should be, coz he was laughing at me coz it wasn't on at the time... but at least u can see most of the engine set-up, eg-coils and stuff
Tell us what u think boys...
TRD78
Regular

March 2003
Re: Troy's Turbo TA22 WITH NEW PICS!! Sat, 25 June 2005 09:34 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
UPDATE...
workshop got broken into...
turbo: stolen
intercooler: stolen
intercooler piping with BOV: stolen
microtech: stolen
boost guage: stolen
dual stage boost controller: stolen
windscreens: smashed
shortened tailshaft: mysteriously dissappeared
front brakes: hadn't been fitted yet and nowhere to be found
passenger's door: booted in
workshop owner: skipped the country
suspicious: a little bit...

this all actually happened late last year, just thought i'd update so if anyone was wondering where my car was, still not on the road!
Pages (2): [1  2  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Pulled out into daylight and started first go 1974 RT104GT
Next Topic:ALZTOY ST165 Grp N tarmac Rally Car
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 10:41:48 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0099050998687744 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.