Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
mr_ice55
Regular

April 2003
Rant Thu, 01 April 2004 16:27 Go to next message
Im gonna be honest here, im as drunk as an abo after a 50% sale at the local bottle shop. But i wanna say that i own a HJ holden monaro gts, and i dont like the fact that ppl bag out old holdens. I understand that fact that everyone hates commodores, cuz there pieces of shit with about as much class as a boat load of asians, but plz dont bag out old holdens, i mean most likely alot of them wouldnt keep up with some turbo'd jap car, but they have a classic aussie feel. I would just appreciate a little more respect being shown towards the old classics. I know this is a toyo forum, but god damn it we are australian. I would love a mk3 supra over my monaro, but there is a bigger chance of jesus rising up and making me a toasted sandwich then for me to own one. So plz dont bag out the old muscle.

[Updated on: Thu, 01 April 2004 16:29]

Send a private message to this user    
Draza
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Rant Thu, 01 April 2004 16:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i like some of the old manaro's and torana's, and i agree that they are a classic aussie car. When i say that i don't like holdens i am talking about every car that the have brought out in the last 26 years, which is a very large majority so it is easyer to say 'i h8 holdens' then say 'i h8 all holdens execpt.......'

The name manaro should not have been brought back in to production, The car is a commanwhore coupe not a monaro, I wish they would correct this fault.

lumpy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Rant Thu, 01 April 2004 23:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That's one of the funniest threads I've read for ages! Laughing

You shouldn't feel bad about owning a mighty monaro - (unless it's a ghey 253). My brother used to have a worked 308 powered HJ that would come awful close to my 1j powered Mk3 supra in a straight line drag. Sure it didn't corner well (unless you had the jib and mainsail up and could tack), but when you think about how much a Mk3 cost plus the conversion... and then his car cost $2500 - the old Kingy was a bargin. Replacing shitty Aussie 4-speeds every second week wasn't a bargin though!

TokenBlackGuy
Forums Junkie

February 2004
      wtf is jabber
Re: Rant Fri, 02 April 2004 00:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You still have my spliner cell game, and your sister is hot Rolling Eyes
SetMeFree
Forums Junkie

December 2003
Re: Rant Fri, 02 April 2004 02:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ahahahahahhahahaha well im as smashed as a lebo after finding $50 worth of gear in an unmarked container...... This thread has just made my day Razz and damn im tripping out about the whole jesus thing. Good work keep it up i love it Razz
mr_ice55
Regular

April 2003
Re: Rant Fri, 02 April 2004 08:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry Nate bout the splinter cell game, ill get it back to u soon, and talk about my sister like that again and you better find urself a new god to pray to cuz when im done with u, u'll think uve passed out during a madi gras parade and woken up with a permenant limp Evil or Very Mad . Its good to see i have fans of my drunken humour, its a mildly worked 308 and not a 2 shitty 3. Good to see some appreciation for the old cars. Very Happy
silvercil40
Regular

August 2003
Re: Rant Fri, 02 April 2004 10:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I nearly bought a HG monaro before I bought my cileca. It had a 186s with triple SU's, but I wouldn't be able to afford the fuel with the amount of driving I do. All it needed was rust to be cut and a respray.
I also have a mate who just took a 308sc out of his lc Torana after he snapped the conrod, I'm trying to convince him to put a 1jz into it, we just got to find one for the right price.
lang
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Rant Fri, 02 April 2004 10:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hi, my name is lang and i like torana's

mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Rant Fri, 02 April 2004 11:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey yeah I don't mind the old SLR5000 toranas and the mighty xu-1's the old monaros the old holden utes (i love them) I had an old wb holden ute was only a 6 but it wasn't a bad car I can say I like just about every holden up until the commodore (sorry if anyone likes them and if I offended you) Smile I just reckon the commodore is one of the most overated cars on the road I will admit they can be a good family car but thats it I totally agree with Draza's post about the monaros name being brought back thats so wrong and also the monaros baging was gts not cv6 and cv8 which I think sounds weird why can't they just call it the commonwhore gts! in my opinion the last decient holden holden made was the wb holden and the uc torana Smile
jackel
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Rant Fri, 02 April 2004 13:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my friend has a slr5000 torana and it has a 350 chev in it and it's fully worked, fatt ass back tires and would scare a supra i tell ya (even tho i like supras Very Happy ) Slime green color with plates toxic...

now thats a sick holden Very Happy
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: Rant Fri, 02 April 2004 16:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My holden mates like to say they like "BC" Holdens.... "BC" meaning before commo's Laughing
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Rant Sat, 03 April 2004 00:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laughing I just can't see whats so good about the commodore?
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Rant Sat, 03 April 2004 00:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jackel wrote on Fri, 02 April 2004 23:38

my friend has a slr5000 torana and it has a 350 chev in it and it's fully worked, fatt ass back tires and would scare a supra i tell ya (even tho i like supras Very Happy ) Slime green color with plates toxic...

now thats a sick holden Very Happy

On the topic of colour, did you know that the first XU1's only came out in lime green, gay purple, lemon yellow and red? That's a pretty fucked up choice of colours right there. It's almost not a choice. Red it is. Smile

Oh, and to make you guys jealous... My Dad was given a Bathurst XU1 brand new for his 21st birthday. It was one of the 200 that were built to make it eligable for Bathurst so it was identical to the ones they raced. From the factory it had a harness, roll cage, stiff suspension, loud exhaust, tripple carbies... The works. Very Happy

Some guy ran a stop sign one day and it was written off. T-boned big time. Surprised Shocked Sad

[Updated on: Sat, 03 April 2004 00:44]

mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Rant Sat, 03 April 2004 00:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sounded like it would of been a nice car but the colour I liked the best was lime green Very Happy I absoultely loved this torana xu-1 I seen years ago at this used car place lime green all original I would of love to have gotten that car but didn't have the money a (16 year old that didn't work doesn't have $10,000) could of brought it now if it was for sale Sad but in same ways it's good a car like that would be hell for a 20 year old to insure and a car like that you defently need insurence! No way I'd let money like that go to waste! Very Happy
SetMeFree
Forums Junkie

December 2003
Re: Rant Sat, 03 April 2004 04:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i love the good old toranas...... my dad owned one when he was my age... it was a dark green/black SS..... i wanna build one exactly like it in honour of him (R.I.P)

we also owned a heap of holdens when i was a wee toddler everything from a SLR5000, XU1 through to a statesman SL/E. I reckon the holdens will always be the true aussie icon!
GRLTOY
Regular

December 2003
  Creator of Mischief
Re: Rant Sat, 03 April 2004 04:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LoL my dad owned some form of holden when he was my age...left it parked on a hill, the break cord snapped and it rolled back down the road and took out a phone booth...Laughing

Backspace
Regular

May 2003
Re: Rant Sat, 03 April 2004 07:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ke70_3SGTE wrote on Fri, 02 April 2004 10:51

your sister is hot Rolling Eyes

Pics of sister? Smile
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: Rant Sat, 03 April 2004 07:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes, pics

what alot of ppl dont understand is that, yes a AVERAGE supra/S13/skyline ect will beat an AVERAGE HZ/G/B/G/D/R/E/M/K/J/Y/T/F monaro or a V/G/J/T/J/F/S/H/S/G/E/H/V/B/U commodore cause the avgerage import is modified, where the average dore has a zorst 3 inches too big, if u spent $10000 on a S13 SR20 and $10000 on a VB 308 the S13 would go home and cry,

when ppl really mod a old holden/old ford they HAUL ASS, take it from a die hard old skool bloke, i have grown up around these old things my whole life cause my dad owns a speed shop {no drugs} in townsville and i all i saw was 302/304/308/350/351's the first 10 years of my life
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Rant Sat, 03 April 2004 10:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll agree with you on when ppl really modify an old holden or old ford they haul ass as I have been quite lucky to have been invovled with a few of my mates projects and cars they buy I have known people who have spent over $10 000 on there cars and yes haul arse some have pulled 12s on the 1/4 mile (If I had a an old torana,monaro,kingswood,falcon,datsun,toyota,mazda ,gemini
you get the point) I'd be happy with 12s but you can make anything go if you have the money the thing that I don't like about the commodore is that they are overrated there are alot better cars out there I know I've driven quiet a few of them and also who out there has been just driving along doing nothing wrong and some idiot in a commodore thrashing the guts out of his car (usally a vl or vn) with a 4 inch exhaust 17-inch wheels and thinking he's the greatest? don't know how many times I and a few of my mates have been harrassed by these hero's Mad (sorry again if I offened anyone who owns a commodore) Very Happy
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Rant Sat, 03 April 2004 11:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i love old school aussie muscle cars .. the original GT falcons , and hardtops , the monaros , toranas ( mm xu1 ! ) old chargers etc ..

they all have their place in the car history lessson of oldschool appreciation, as long as the owners accept that their cars though awesome really are not a match for mofdern supercars like supra / skyline and latter examples of HVS and FPV local muscle.

One of my good mates has an excellent example of oldschool muscle - in the form of an XB Coupe , with a very stove hot 351 ..

the things a stump puller and will be very quick in a straight line when its back on the road ( tailended by a stupid p plater in what else - a commodore ) but he knows that put my gt4 , and the coupe side by side and id leave it for dead when corners and braking are thrown into the equation.
HooN
Regular

May 2002
Re: Rant Sat, 03 April 2004 11:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You diss the classiness of a boatload of asians, then begin to tell us you love old holdens?

Shocked

Im asian but i love old school muscle cars, regardless of nationality.. go figure Razz

cheers
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Rant Sat, 03 April 2004 11:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
eh? Confused
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Rant Sat, 03 April 2004 11:38 Go to previous message
I love old school muscle cars! they look alot more nicer then there newer quicker succesors! (my opinion) my absoulte favorite aussie muscle car is the mighty xy falcon gtho phase3 I don't take sides to weather I like fords or holdens (older holdens that is) Laughing as there are models I love and hate. but you got to admit though the gtho is a tough muscle car!
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:The Butterfly Effect
Next Topic:trading post browsing
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat May 4 05:48:13 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0054759979248047 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.