Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Timing or Ignition Problems with my ms85 crown

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
>>>R3G<<<
Regular

January 2004

Timing or Ignition Problems with my ms85 crown Sun, 04 April 2004 09:02 Go to next message
hey all,
my crown is playing up a bit, on saturday i had a look at the spark plug leads so i took them all of and had a look they looked alrite, then i stuck them all back on started it up and it was idling really funny like started to backfire.......it shouldnt be the timing because it was running fine before hand, anyways it runs like a dog now and wont go very far it cant get up hills.... it has very irruglar idling and i dont know wot to do? any help would be apprecited
thx
Smile cheers brad
  Send a private message to this user    
M.J.H
Forums Junkie

April 2003

Re: Timing or Ignition Problems with my ms85 crown Sun, 04 April 2004 10:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is it possible that you didn't push them on properly or put them back in the right order.Could be a couple of leads on the wrong cylinders.
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Timing or Ignition Problems with my ms85 crown Sun, 04 April 2004 10:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
And by "check", did you just do a visual check or did you actually check the resistance of the leads?

Firing order is 153624.
>>>R3G<<<
Regular

January 2004

Re: Timing or Ignition Problems with my ms85 crown Thu, 08 April 2004 23:11 Go to previous message
hey,
well i wasnt really checking the leads i was checking the spark plugs to make sure they wernt rooted.... the first one was not sparking so i got the spark plug outta the ms65 crown which was working so i stuck it in and it started working...so it must of been the spark plug.....anyways its still working but i stuck all the spark plug points to 8th of a inch and its wrong(i though it was mm) so i have to put them all back to 0.8mm and then it should run fine...
thx for the comments guys
cheers
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Position of PS Reservoir
Next Topic:Car alarms and immobilisers
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 19:36:32 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0042400360107422 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.