Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Why violence sucks Tue, 06 April 2004 05:20 Go to next message
I just saw, about twenty minutes ago, the most fucked up display of human behaviour I have ever witnessed. It's around about 1:50-2:00pm (broad daylight) and I'm walking back down King William St in Adelaide after purchasing some stuff from Berlin Wall Software and I pass a bunch of 'youths' all hanging around looking rather dodgy, kind of gang-like if you ask me (I could probably bench most of those guys). I thought something looked a bit shifty as there was like fifteen of them hanging around for no obvious reason (no pub nearby to speak of etc).

I got five metres passed them when suddenly behind me I hear a series of thumps, like five a second. And I turn around to see four or five heroes laying into one kid with shopping trolley handles. I've done my fair share of martial arts training and could probably take on one or two of those pansies even if they did have their little trolley handles, but there is no way in hell I was going to last 10 seconds if I tried anything when there was a supporting crowd of about 12 and the people with weapons as well.

I was fairly calm about all this, I simply walked away to a safe(r) distance thinking about how I should do *something* I just couldn't figure out exactly what. But just about everyone else who was at a nearby cafe were really scared by the behaviour and felt very unsafe. It is *not* cool to make average people on the street feel like they aren't safe, which is why I have such disdain towards violence. All I could do was reassure the people nearby that there's nothing to be afraid of.

Now, these 'youths' had some very rice hondas I should've jotted down in my memory a number plate or two so next time I see them on the road I can remember to thrash the pants off of them in some real jap power Smile But I forgot in the moment, d'oh. Bloody Honda kids Smile

Luckily a nearby store sounded off the alarm to get the cops/security over but there was no way to make up for what had already been done and whoever the guys was that got the crap beaten out of him, I hope he's okay because I could never live it down if he wound up permanently effed up.

So for all of you who think that getting into fights 'for the right reason' is acceptable, I hate to tell you that there is no good reason for fighting and it scares the crap out of everyone else.

Anyway, I just needed to vent somewhere cause I'm so frustrated by it, and bothered that I didn't do anything at all.
  Send a private message to this user    
SetMeFree
Forums Junkie

December 2003
Re: Why violence sucks Tue, 06 April 2004 05:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
a man fights with weapons, a real man fights with his mouth Smile
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Why violence sucks Tue, 06 April 2004 05:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The most potent weapon is the mind, unfortunately for that kid (well he looks younger than me), my mind went out to lunch...d'oh!
coronamark2
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Why violence sucks Tue, 06 April 2004 05:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message

i hate pu$$ies who fight with weapons theres not much you couldve done apart from YELL something at them but then they would probably chase you which would be fkd

if you see them again get there number plate and tell the cops then they can get defected as well as getting an assualt charge
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: Why violence sucks Tue, 06 April 2004 07:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i got no problem with fighting if there is a good reason and its one on one. this is not a fight, this is a bashing which is fucked up.
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Why violence sucks Tue, 06 April 2004 07:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pretty fcked up.. pu55ies ...

i wonder what the kid did to deserve it ... or maybe it was unprovoked...

were they asssssians ? Shocked
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Why violence sucks Tue, 06 April 2004 08:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that is really low if you ask me how can anyone do such a thing well I should say a group of idiots it must feel great to have all your mates helping you to bash one kid and to use weapons thats very low.I hope he'll be ok
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Why violence sucks Tue, 06 April 2004 08:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sounds like western sydney......

bigg willie style
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Why violence sucks Tue, 06 April 2004 08:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the same thing happend to my mate, but he managed to get a hold of one of their poles and they all backed off, all 10 of them, against just him with a pole. people who fight with weapons are fucking pussies who deserve to have the shit kicked out of them properly, cowards.
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: Why violence sucks Tue, 06 April 2004 08:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
youll find thats the case with alot of them, if you stand up to them they back off cause their simple minds cant comprehend it. having said that you usually wont get a chance to stand up cause not only do they come in groups with weapons, they come from behind so you arent even ready for it. Rolling Eyes
SW20R
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: Why violence sucks Tue, 06 April 2004 12:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmm.. Some girl cut me up (a chick i liked)

And one of my high school friends got stirred becuase this girl at a retail shop (the chick) and now she wants to hit her for bad customerservice and for her fucking me over lol Laughing

Back to the topic.. happens all the time. Trolley polls are the easiest weapons to get you just tip the trolley over jump on the poll and walla! Instant basher
NickAE86
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Why violence sucks Tue, 06 April 2004 15:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i'm not a big fan of fighting but sometimes it's unaviodable. What ever happened to the day where you could either talk it out or worst case scenario fight man to man. Nowdays you'll cop his brothers/cousins/mates/nephew...fucking cowards fight in packs & with weapons

jackel
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Why violence sucks Tue, 06 April 2004 17:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
alot of the youth today are just sheep will follow some idiot around saying they'll back em up for any reason. Most of them need to learn manners, what smashing someone for going out with there ex or accidently bumping into them.

When i was in my mid teens i hung around with huge groups of friends in the city n other places but we didn't go and beat the shit out of one person, if two people wanted to fight, let em fight.

One time i was sitting at the bus station waiting for a bus and some teenage chick walked up the me and asked if i had a smoke and i said no. Next thing ya hear is f*ck you dumb c*nt i'm gonna get my cousins the smash you, you dumb F*ck. I'm like yeah... Couple days later i'm with a huge group of friends and i see the chick walking past and i tell ya, she kept her mouth shut

man i babble Razz

[Updated on: Tue, 06 April 2004 17:22]

Norminator
Regular

August 2002
Re: Why violence sucks Tue, 06 April 2004 19:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FWDboy, definitely a stressful situation. only question i would ask is, what would you want a passerby to do if it were you??? i totally understand your frustration and i hope you find more satisfaction in your decisions the next time you find yourself in similar circumstances...

at least you are thinking about it. i am, however, amazed that anyone would reply to say that fighting is ok under certain circumstances!

if someone thinks fighting is ok, they probably haven't been in a decent one. they have probably never been hit hard (repeatedly). and they probably have zero idea of what that sort of shit costs the community.

wake up to your-fucking-selves.

how about i save everyone some time... if you think fighting is ok, find the nearest loose brick and smack yourself in the head a few times. and don't hold back either... really give your cranium a few good, hard whacks... preferably until you pass out.

... now that you have regained consciousness...

with your brand new acquired brain injury to help, i want you to explain to me from your wheelchair why fighting is sometimes ok.

i acknowledge that confrontations are sometimes unavoidable... and to protect a loved one, of course i would do anything, just like anyone else. but maybe the tough guys can explain this to me... what happens if in that man-on-man fight, you get knocked off balance, you stumble into your sister, and smash her head into the footpath? was it ok to fight, when it put her in the wheelchair? what if it was your girlfriend? are you going to hang about and try to compensate her for the life you fucked? (that wasn't yours to destroy!)

condoning any kind of violence is pure naivety.
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Why violence sucks Wed, 07 April 2004 02:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I would have to say anyone supporting using violence to achieve some kind of end either underestimates the power of violence, or has never been in a real fight. A real fight is not a couple of guys with their fists up throwing a couple of jabs. A real fight is some guy throwing some into furniture/glass etc and then being beaten on the ground with some kind of solid object.

A real fight is where there is every *intention* of trying to harm/disable/kill the other person.

Do what the norminator says, go and smack yourself as hard as you can with a brick until you pass out, and when you wake up rethink (if still possible) the force of violence.

Yeah, I probably should've just screamed at them to get the fuck off the guy. They weren't manly dudes, they were just gang bashing. More than likely it would've fried a synapse in their brain if someone actually stood up to them. Even if they had chased me I'm a damn good runner and they wouldn't have kept up and it would give the other guy a chance to get up and get out of there.

My bad Smile
SetMeFree
Forums Junkie

December 2003
Re: Why violence sucks Wed, 07 April 2004 08:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It's pretty normal for cousins, brothers and family to get involved. If my brother was ever in a fight i'd be there as quick as i can. It is your family you can't let them down.
NickAE86
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Why violence sucks Wed, 07 April 2004 08:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

It's pretty normal for cousins, brothers and family to get involved. If my brother was ever in a fight i'd be there as quick as i can. It is your family you can't let them down.

even if they're the one in the wrong? Do you ever stop to think about whats occured or do you just jump blindly to their aid. Thats the problem...ppl get involved in shit that has nothing to do with them. You think its fair that 12 guys beat the shit outta 1 person...hell no. Fighting shouldn't occur, there are other ways to settle differences, but if does happen it should be fair...
Backspace
Regular

May 2003
Re: Why violence sucks Wed, 07 April 2004 08:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I hate you all.

Hey, look im abusing someone on the internet, im keeeeeeeeeeeeewl.
clubagreenie
Forums Junkie

November 2002

Re: Why violence sucks Wed, 07 April 2004 09:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TryUrLuk wrote on Wed, 07 April 2004 18:27

Why does this not surprise me from you?

Normal for who? If I voiced a stronger idea/opinion than that I'd be banned!

If someone has a problem with someone the they sort it out. It's not the "families" problem too.

(Awaiting visit from Habibi and extended family of 2000)

[Updated on: Wed, 07 April 2004 10:00]

lang
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Why violence sucks Wed, 07 April 2004 10:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FWDboy wrote on Wed, 07 April 2004 12:33

I would have to say anyone supporting using violence to achieve some kind of end either underestimates the power of violence, or has never been in a real fight. A real fight is not a couple of guys with their fists up throwing a couple of jabs. A real fight is some guy throwing some into furniture/glass etc and then being beaten on the ground with some kind of solid object.

A real fight is where there is every *intention* of trying to harm/disable/kill the other person.

Do what the norminator says, go and smack yourself as hard as you can with a brick until you pass out, and when you wake up rethink (if still possible) the force of violence.

Yeah, I probably should've just screamed at them to get the fuck off the guy. They weren't manly dudes, they were just gang bashing. More than likely it would've fried a synapse in their brain if someone actually stood up to them. Even if they had chased me I'm a damn good runner and they wouldn't have kept up and it would give the other guy a chance to get up and get out of there.

My bad Smile

hey man dont worry too much about it, everyone who saw that shit would have wanted to help the guy but when your put into an unusual situation like that and your like what the fuck is happening you cant allways make the same decision you would on afterthought so dont feel bad (if u do).

like heaps of people would probably think yeah for sure i would have jumped in and tried to stop it (which is what i think id try and do) but if i was actually presented with that situation im cant say for sure, id be shocked and be like what the fuck.
lang
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Why violence sucks Wed, 07 April 2004 10:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TryUrLuk wrote on Wed, 07 April 2004 18:27

dude, wouldnt you feel bad if you and an bunch of other people beat a single person so badly that it permanently injured them.

DiZ_
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: Why violence sucks Wed, 07 April 2004 11:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So if your brother got drunk and tried to fight someone who say hit him in the face and he fell flat on his arse and looked quite stupid, would your family rush out to bash this one individual who hit your brother once and probably taught him a lesson.
clubagreenie
Forums Junkie

November 2002

Re: Why violence sucks Wed, 07 April 2004 12:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
They would, I've seen it happen. Hang around Martin Place in Syd long enough where they "hang" and they just look for someone to fight, usually alone. They just don't realise that there is 24 hr security in each building along there and cameras recording everything they do, and we could zoom right into face detail in low light. Came in handy for more than one court case.
jackel
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Why violence sucks Wed, 07 April 2004 12:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
everyones talking about these small fights on the corner of the street n that saying fight won't achieve anything but what happens when it comes to the world leaders, they talk abit, next time you know they bombing the shit out of each other bringing ten of thousands of people into there fights. Why can't two people come out and fight themselfs. Were do you think the youths of today think of joining in gangs and shit, there prime ministers and presidents are gang leaders, there not teaching them to settle things with your mouths, there teaching them to kill or be killed.

Sometimes talking instead of fighting can help, sometimes it can make it way worse.
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Why violence sucks Wed, 07 April 2004 13:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fight your own fights

dont bring your brothers cousins or any other person into your fight to get an advantage....

men used to have honour to fight 1 on 1.. a lot has changed

anyone who fights 2 on 1 or greater is a fucking pussy.
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Why violence sucks Wed, 07 April 2004 15:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think violence justs leads to more violence about 99% of the time, unless you are talking about omnicide...in which case there would be an end to the violence eventually Smile

I think it takes at least four times the balls to not take 'revenge', than it does to actually step up and inflict violent revenge (or any form of vengeance).
Conquest
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Why violence sucks Wed, 07 April 2004 15:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Unrelated reply Rolling Eyes my $0.02... Funny thing i've noticed living in the city.

While wearing a suit & tie, usual busines attire, no-one will start shit. Refuse 'em a cig and you'll get some abuse but nothing more...

Yet if you wanna wear a flannel etc. they suddenly become tough c**ts. Talking 'bout their brothers & shite... Truth is i've wanted to take someone but haven't had the chance, seems if you look weak they will pick on ya, but if you look like me (6ft, 180lbs+) they won't start shit!!!

Truth is i've walked away from 90% of the people who've wanted to start something! The other 10%, I won't say Wink
SetMeFree
Forums Junkie

December 2003
Re: Why violence sucks Wed, 07 April 2004 23:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my brother wouldn't get drunk....... anyway thats not the point. Point is if a group of guys bashed my brother (like the dude who got bashed by them guys in the original thread) i would go back for revenge. It's simple you F*&k with one then you've f*&ked with the rest. If some one was after my brother wanting to hit him then of course again id stand by my brother. Same goes with my cousins and close friends. why? because we were all raised as brothers. We don't go around looking for trouble and we've ever hardly had trouble but im just saying if there was then damn sure id be there to helpout my family.

Also on another note if this happened to one of your mates and one weekend you were all out and you seen the group of blokes that bashed your mate would you:
1) Stand by your mate and have a all in brawl.
2) Talk it out with the other group and see on why this happened and try to sort it out.
3) Ignore them and act if nothing happened.
4) Give them a one on one.
5) Jump them like the way they jumped your mate.
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Why violence sucks Wed, 07 April 2004 23:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Depends on the circumstances Razz
Either 2 or 3 most likely. What is starting a fight with them going to prove? More than likely it just proves you are as big a tool as they are. I'm all for people sticking up for themselves when absolutely required. If my mate is dumb enough to get effed up by four or five people then maybe my friend should be a little smarter when he's outnumbered.

Fact of the matter is, past is past. Getting revenge doesn't change the past, it just changes you. If you aren't there to do something about your mate getting thumped that's unfortunate, but it's just the way things happen to turn out.

Put it this way, I would never ask a mate of mine to go out and get into a fight just because maybe I shot my mouth off at some guys and got the crap kicked out of me for it. Any real mate of mine is as responsible for their own actions the same way I hold myself responsible for my actions.

If I'm there while my friend is getting beat up, I'll do the minimum required to stop the fight, I certainly won't run in and start smashing heads till the whole gang is on the ground. If possible, I'll drag my mate out of it and then tell the rest of them to fuck off. If any of them are stupid enough to get in my way during the process, sure I'll do something about it.
coronamark2
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Why violence sucks Thu, 08 April 2004 01:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Ok people here is a very harsh example of why violence suxs

*dont read it if you will get offended*

A guy i know (not good mates but i went to school with him)

was walking home from a party and walked past a house having a bucks night he walked past a bunch of men (he was 15 at the time)
and said hows it going they told him to get fkd then abused him so he said whatever dickhead to the guy that was doind most of the abusing (this was the groom).

So the groom runs up and smacks him in the head a few times and busts his nose, he goes off at them and says i'm going to go get my old man, so the guys at the bucks party says go on then.

So this guy goes home his dad (big maori called muz) freaks out seeing his 15 year old son with blood all on his face and shirt, so this guy his old man and a bunch of other guys (who were mates with his older brother) go down there to sort out the guy who hit him (remeber this is the groom)

so they get down there and a bunch of guys from the bucks night come down the guy leading the back was the groom, so the young guy says thats the one he hit me so MUZ the dad king hit the guy and sent him flying.

The groom hit his head on the kerb when he fell, from the autopsy or whatever they call, it he died instantly (supposivly).
So then the bucks party guys start going nutz tyring to bash MUZ so while he's fighting with them guys his son goes over and stomps on the grooms head, that was a stupid thing to do but you have to remeber he was pumped on adrenalin.

so the fighting stoped muz and his son and the other guys went.

the guys from the bucks party called an ambulance for the groom he was pronounced dead when they got there.

Muz went prison for 2 years on murder charges but it got down graded to GBH or manslaughter, his son got 18 months in a juvinile jail.

this happened about 5 years ago they are both out.

makes you think ay?

lang
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Why violence sucks Thu, 08 April 2004 05:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
coronamark2 wrote on Thu, 08 April 2004 11:31

was walking home from a party and walked past a house having a bucks night he walked past a bunch of men (he was 15 at the time)
and said hows it going they told him to get fkd then abused him so he said whatever dickhead to the guy that was doind most of the abusing (this was the groom).

So the groom runs up and smacks him in the head a few times and busts his nose, he goes off at them and says i'm going to go get my old man, so the guys at the bucks party says go on then.

So this guy goes home his dad (big maori called muz) freaks out seeing his 15 year old son with blood all on his face and shirt, so this guy his old man and a bunch of other guys (who were mates with his older brother) go down there to sort out the guy who hit him (remeber this is the groom)

so they get down there and a bunch of guys from the bucks night come down the guy leading the back was the groom, so the young guy says thats the one he hit me so MUZ the dad king hit the guy and sent him flying.

The groom hit his head on the kerb when he fell, from the autopsy or whatever they call, it he died instantly (supposivly).
So then the bucks party guys start going nutz tyring to bash MUZ so while he's fighting with them guys his son goes over and stomps on the grooms head, that was a stupid thing to do but you have to remeber he was pumped on adrenalin.

the guys from the bucks party called an ambulance for the groom he was pronounced dead when they got there.

Muz went prison for 2 years on murder charges but it got down graded to GBH or manslaughter, his son got 18 months in a juvinile jail.

makes you think ay?

the moral of that story is : if you be a wanker someone will kill you

i like that moral
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: Why violence sucks Thu, 08 April 2004 06:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
some ppl are just like that. the kid shoulda just ignored them and walked away rather than telling him to get fucked, hes just as bad as them. ive been in situatins like that plenty of times before where one or more persons yell shit at you when you walk past on the street, trying to bait you, you just gotta ignore it. id probably like to teach them a lesson if i werent so damn scrawny but then id be as bad as them wouldnt i? Rolling Eyes
Backspace
Regular

May 2003
Re: Why violence sucks Thu, 08 April 2004 07:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lang wrote on Thu, 08 April 2004 15:02

coronamark2 wrote on Thu, 08 April 2004 11:31

makes you think ay?

the moral of that story is : if you be a wanker someone will kill you

i like that moral

Laughing
I love that moral.
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Flem
Regular

May 2002
Re: Why violence sucks Thu, 08 April 2004 12:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
whos herd of Tony Bonello what a champion, no fight has ever gorn over 1m08s Shocked .
jackel
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Why violence sucks Thu, 08 April 2004 16:38 Go to previous message
coronamark2 wrote on Thu, 08 April 2004 09:31

makes you think ay?

was this incident on the news? cause i remember something like this
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:A day of celebration!
Next Topic:does this bother anyone else or is it just another fact of life?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 01:47:05 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0066888332366943 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.