Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
syn77
Newcomer

February 2004

quick ae86 suspension question Tue, 06 April 2004 05:27 Go to next message
well i met this guy who was in the hpi drift nationals and i asked what he had in his car. he told me a 4age in his sprinter along with a mitusbish magna? part that made his wheels turn out more. does anybody have a clue what this part is? he said its off of a 79 mitsubish i think magna...i'd like to kno for sure.

thanks
  Send a private message to this user    
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: quick ae86 suspension question Tue, 06 April 2004 06:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tie end rods

ist a simple trick

can get em off a sigma too
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: quick ae86 suspension question Tue, 06 April 2004 07:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You aren't talking about more negative camber are you? As i've heard Mitsubishi lower control arms are an easy fit and give you more neg camber.

Out of interest ae86drift, how does changing tie rod ends give you more steering? The rack limits the amount of travel avaliable, not the tie rods. Shorter steering knuckles would give you increased turning also but stumped about the tie rods? - I'm happy to be proved wrong though Smile

Cheers,
Joel
Simon-AE86
Forums Junkie

Banned user

July 2002

Re: quick ae86 suspension question Tue, 06 April 2004 08:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that would be me

I said to increase track and neg camber fit EARLY model mitsu Sigma control arms, along with RA40 celica TIE RODS.

too easy, get a wheel alignment after its fitted too.
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: quick ae86 suspension question Tue, 06 April 2004 08:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TurboRA28 wrote on Tue, 06 April 2004 17:11

You aren't talking about more negative camber are you? As i've heard Mitsubishi lower control arms are an easy fit and give you more neg camber.

Out of interest ae86drift, how does changing tie rod ends give you more steering? The rack limits the amount of travel avaliable, not the tie rods. Shorter steering knuckles would give you increased turning also but stumped about the tie rods? - I'm happy to be proved wrong though Smile

Cheers,
Joel

yeh its camber not steering.... where did you get that idea from?

'turn out more' > negative camber
shinybluesteel
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002
Re: quick ae86 suspension question Tue, 06 April 2004 08:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if you fit shorter steering knuckles it WILL give you more lock, leverage and all that jazz.

i remember reading somewhere (im not basing what i just said on what i read) that after fitting shorter rods to a sprinter, they needed to limit the travel of the steering rack to stop the tyres rubbing agains tthe wheel arches or something.

good old sigma parts to the rescue again, eh? need to buy wheel studs off one soon, im getting dangerously close to actually starting my engine conversion.
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: quick ae86 suspension question Tue, 06 April 2004 09:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
whats this wheel stud thingy
i need to do this
shinybluesteel
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002
Re: quick ae86 suspension question Tue, 06 April 2004 11:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sprinters have fairly short wheel studs, due to the way the stock wheels mount to the hubs.

sigma wheel studs are longer, and are needed when you fit different wheels.

i was going to modify my wheels to suit the studs, but thos is a bit ass backwards.

to do this, im pretty sure you need to take the front hubs apart (redo the wheel bearings again, shit) bash the old studs out and bash in the new ones, put it all back together, install the new wheels, do the nust up really tight, drive around the block over some bumps, tighten the wheel studs again and then keep an eye on them for a little while.
Bill Sherwood
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: quick ae86 suspension question Tue, 06 April 2004 16:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shinybluesteel wrote on Tue, 06 April 2004 18:47

if you fit shorter steering knuckles it WILL give you more lock, leverage and all that jazz.

i remember reading somewhere (im not basing what i just said on what i read) that after fitting shorter rods to a sprinter, they needed to limit the travel of the steering rack to stop the tyres rubbing agains tthe wheel arches or something.

Yep.
I run the power-steering arms on my car - they're a bit under 10% shorter - and the tyres just touch the inner guards. Not enough to worry about though.
takai
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: quick ae86 suspension question Tue, 06 April 2004 23:22 Go to previous message
Apparently the landcruiser ones are even better than the sigma ones. And available from Toyota for like 50c per stud.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Camry Woes
Next Topic:1GGTE parts help
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 04:11:49 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0041651725769043 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.