Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » STOCK aust spec ae86 values...

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Simon-AE86
Forums Junkie

Banned user

July 2002

STOCK aust spec ae86 values... Mon, 05 April 2004 12:30 Go to next message
Right, been reading a lot of adds both online and in the paper for stock or near stock with some basic mods (king springs perhaps..oooh) and people wanting high dollars for them.

Now i was wondering what people thought they are worth? we picked one up a while ago for 1000 bucks, some dings from trollys, running and good cond drive train (it was all being ditched anyway) and even came with 14 inch dished rimms. (some old person drove it so go figure...)

i think that for what they are they are horrendiously over priced... stock aust spec ae86s are shitful and absolutly nothing to write home about, stock jap spec ae86's have eevry right to fetch that sort of dollars. No if you think aout it they are being sold on yahoo auctions in varing stock conds for 3-4K AUD... oviously that is before you consider the cost of importing and compliancing, but comepare that price with the price of aust ones...

food for thought kids, this isnt suppose to be a dig at anyone making a sale or anyone, but come on ask yourself would YOU pay 4-5K for whats basically a AE71 corrola or a T18 corolla?

cheers
Simon
  Send a private message to this user    
Callifo
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: STOCK aust spec ae86 values... Mon, 05 April 2004 13:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I know the prices seem to be creeping up but these days fully stock sprinters arent all that common. A lot these days are still mechanically stock but have other things done to it. I know the redbook price says around $2500 but really that doesnt get you a really good condition one.

For example, mine was $1500 when I bought it, then spent about $1200 more getting things fixed (engine, brake pads, battery, shocks, etc) but thats over one year now. Interior need bits and pieces fixed but the condition of the trimings were ok. $300 later fixed the window sills and dash and another $300 for tint all round (a lot of the sprinters would come with tint now). The tires were practically bold and so rather than getting just new tires I went the full kit and got mags + some decent tires which set me back another $1500 (thankgod for 1 year interest free Smile ). Then over the last year I have spend at least another $700 on a security system and another $1000 on a soundsystem. So in all rights this is still a mechanically stock sprinter (with 3 rust spots which will get fixed) but there is no way it would go for $2500, maybe $4-5k if I even wanted to sell.

So you have to admit that some cars are an acception as they only appear 'stock'.
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: STOCK aust spec ae86 values... Mon, 05 April 2004 13:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'd spend over eleventy billion dollars for a stock one with doritu damage and no rust . I just want to dorift!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dorfto!!!!!!

Drifottt!!!!!!!!

AE86 is sick!!!!!

PANDA.1 number plates too!!!

Ae8666 > Drambuie > all
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: STOCK aust spec ae86 values... Mon, 05 April 2004 13:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah initial d had caused a lot of "sick" ae86 wannabes, but apart from that what califo said is true

i wouldnt sell my car for anything less than $16000, but then again id probably get that easily ...

[Updated on: Mon, 05 April 2004 13:21]

Steve-AE86
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2003
Re: STOCK aust spec ae86 values... Mon, 05 April 2004 13:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i know why you're pissed, simon... Nod Nod
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: STOCK aust spec ae86 values... Mon, 05 April 2004 13:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
elaborate?
Simon-AE86
Forums Junkie

Banned user

July 2002

Re: STOCK aust spec ae86 values... Mon, 05 April 2004 13:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lmao at steves sig

hey hey guys dont knock the drift Wink but yeah its a sad fact that the initial D factor continues to push prices up all the time..

so why am i pissed?
Sprinter-Saurus
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: STOCK aust spec ae86 values... Mon, 05 April 2004 14:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Simon-MrRx7 wrote on Mon, 05 April 2004 22:30

food for thought kids, this isnt suppose to be a dig at anyone making a sale or anyone, but come on ask yourself would YOU pay 4-5K for whats basically a AE71 corrola or a T18 corolla?

very true Simon, for that price your getting an overpriced Corolla hatchback, albeit a fairly popular one.

i bought my stocker for 3k, and it was in pretty good nic, once finished im probly going to have spent about 10k on it, and i wouldnt be letting it go for less than 8k, and theres no way a fairly modded Sprinter would be worth only 3-4k more than a total stocker, realisticly a stocker should be worth say 1/4 of a modded '86, so that would put a stocker at roughly 2k, but yeh as Garth said ID had just pushed the prices up way to far.

imo its pretty ridiculous, and anyone who buys a stock Sprinter atm is stupid. its not like you can do anything about the market, it'll just keep going up and down as long as noobies keep re-discovering ID every few years lol. Laughing
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: STOCK aust spec ae86 values... Mon, 05 April 2004 14:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep, it's definately been good to have had Sprinters before the craze hit, and while the craze was in full swing too. Now all I have left is one Trueno, and one Levin - still trying to decide if I want to keep them or sell them, but with prices like they are, I'd be better off selling them I think?!
ae95
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2003
Re: STOCK aust spec ae86 values... Mon, 05 April 2004 16:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The prices will keep rising as more takumi wannabe's crash their ae86's.
bubbles
Forums Junkie

Banned user

March 2004
Re: STOCK aust spec ae86 values... Mon, 05 April 2004 23:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I agree, the aus sprinters dont have much to offer making them very over priced, they can't drift, they can't brake, etc. Some people might have a game of INITIAL D STAGE 2 and think that thats own you drift or by wacth the cartoon.Laughing
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: STOCK aust spec ae86 values... Tue, 06 April 2004 00:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I blame alcohol for my post.
ILUSZN
Regular

April 2003

Re: STOCK aust spec ae86 values... Tue, 06 April 2004 02:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AS long as there is drifiting. Prices will keep going up.. And with less manufactures making rear wheel drive cars suitable for drift. Prices will go up on S13/14/15, sprinter, RX7 S4/5/6etc,. You will find in the next few years.. prices will go up and up on these cars because of popularity of the drift sport.

Aus spec sprinters are nothing special in comparison. BUT, because JDM sprinters are hard to come buy. people are buying aus spec ones.. doing the conversion. ($3k for car, $1500 motor, $1500 rear end then wheels sus seats, front brakes etc etc etc) which makes a fairly stock JDM sprinter worth around the 8k mark.

By the looks of it. by the end of the year. Expect to pay atleast 10k for a clean JDM sprinter, $12k and up for a modified one.

Thats just my opinion..
shcao
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: STOCK aust spec ae86 values... Tue, 06 April 2004 12:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Even though I am a big advocate for drift,
I don't think it's gonna take the world by storm to warrant such a price hike in well balanced RWD cars.

rock on.
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: STOCK aust spec ae86 values... Tue, 06 April 2004 12:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Recommended trading with: MrSoopra, C2888, ae86drift, nup_4ac, .T.

HAH!

i should be number 1!!

i delivered the parts 900kms!! PERSONALLY

hehheheh

howd you fair with the bonnet dude?
shcao
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: STOCK aust spec ae86 values... Tue, 06 April 2004 13:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
satisfied? Smile

The bonnet went good.. beautiful condition dude Smile
Starting to prep it this week, but won't be on my car till I get a set of those 'bloody' jblood carbon fiber supports..

hehehe...

Tho your bonnet looks so awesome, I am thinking about getting carbon fiber paper and sticking an FC bonnet scoop on mine.. haha jokes..
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: STOCK aust spec ae86 values... Tue, 06 April 2004 13:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hahahahahaha

ahh thanks nice work

good to hear, shes got a bucketload of meguiars polish on her too

take good car of my haruko's old bonnet
CRAB-86
Regular

September 2003
Re: STOCK aust spec ae86 values... Wed, 07 April 2004 06:22 Go to previous message
bahahaha Gianttomato
Its the best excuse there is.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Toyota Badge
Next Topic:haltech vs microtech
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon May 6 22:01:32 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0050909519195557 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.