Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
SW20R
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002
Teaching girls.. Thu, 29 January 2004 03:31 Go to next message
Ok so I decided to be nice today

I dropped by her place and suprised her at the door. Come out im teaching you howto drive!

It's her first time driving manual and a hatch or a car with power + stiff suspension and sharp handling steering.

Yous already know whats going to be said and yes.. AXED!

But on the lighter note I will let her drive again once she's had her p's for 4 months! she's still on her l's

She got the clutch right! she cant prevent the car from stalling and only stalled it once! when she forgot to clutch in slowing down to a near complete stop at the end of the street so I have to give her credit for that.. BUT

wait for it..

she hit the gutter at 40kms when i told her to park to the left side and stop the car. she forgot to clutch over turned the wheel didnt correct it and bounced on the gutter.. part of the tyre is shaved off and the rim needs to be smoothed out. Well she says she'll buy me new chromies so its all good haha Laughing

picture below
http://members.optushome.com.au/michael.deleon/DSC04059.jpg

ahh the troubles we go through to teach girls howto control the stick of course we do want them how to Wink shes worth it but Razz

sigh fellas! thats a rim in need of repair and a new tyre soon. looks like ill be catching the train till i can afford that Mad

now does anybody have a tyre in 195/50/R15 for cheap?

[Updated on: Thu, 29 January 2004 03:33]

Send a private message to this user    
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Teaching girls.. Thu, 29 January 2004 05:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
all the girls I know refuse to drive my car, and enforce strict rules upon what I am and am not allowed to do while they are in the car
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Teaching girls.. Thu, 29 January 2004 06:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
draven wrote on Thu, 29 January 2004 16:35

all the girls I know refuse to drive my car, and enforce strict rules upon what I am and am not allowed to do while they are in the car

Laughing
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Teaching girls.. Thu, 29 January 2004 06:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stuff that... I wouldn't let my g/f drive my car anywayz...

Maybe if she was my wife, she had her license for years, was a good driver and yeah... Then, she MIGHT have a chance Razz Razz Razz ...
coronamark2
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Teaching girls.. Thu, 29 January 2004 07:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i tried to teach my missus how to drive MY car she all ready had a licence and could kind of drive a manual (chicks dont know what a clutch is Razz )

so we get on to a strait she went up the gears but went to 4th to early so i said go back to third eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHH " CLUTCH IN CLUTCH IN!!!!"

shed gone back to first Shocked the arse end slid out i said clutch in keys out IM DRIVING HOME!

Laughing
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Teaching girls.. Thu, 29 January 2004 07:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shit, was the car okay Corona?
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Teaching girls.. Thu, 29 January 2004 07:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my friend lets his girlfriend drive his celica

shes apparantly doing really well....

[Updated on: Wed, 26 May 2004 12:47]

coronamark2
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Teaching girls.. Thu, 29 January 2004 07:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shraka wrote on Thu, 29 January 2004 15:12

Shit, was the car okay Corona?

yeah it was just a hell compresion brake

its lucky we werent going fast, she wont drive it since Laughing
lang
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Teaching girls.. Thu, 29 January 2004 07:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no female has ever sat in the drivers seat in my car.
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Teaching girls.. Thu, 29 January 2004 08:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My mum drove my car once and I swear that there were fresh scratches on my rims. No No No
The reason she was driving it was because I was fixing her car. I should send her a bill for the work I did and the damage to my rims. Nod However, that would result in my death and no more washing and dinners.
Conquest
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Teaching girls.. Thu, 29 January 2004 08:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well I must be one of the lucky ones. My ex used to be a great manual driver, I was just a bit wary of the 6,000rpm gear changes though. At least she knew a little more than your average female driver.

Would've loved a few driving lessons from my mum 'cause she used to rally Evil or Very Mad

[Updated on: Thu, 29 January 2004 08:32]

Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Teaching girls.. Thu, 29 January 2004 08:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ha ha ha. Awsome Conquest. So how come you haven't had any lessons with her?

My mother is a terable driver. I knew that since before I even had my Ls.

I wish my mother was a rally driver.
Apollo
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Teaching girls.. Thu, 29 January 2004 11:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Looks like some panel damage there too. See how the backing is out from the skirt?

And at 40? Shit man, I'd be surprised if your main control arm isn't bent, or some other steering/suspension rod. Hittings gutters REALLY stuffs your car up and re-aligns the front sideways.
SW20R
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: Teaching girls.. Thu, 29 January 2004 11:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Apollo wrote on Thu, 29 January 2004 22:43

Looks like some panel damage there too. See how the backing is out from the skirt?

And at 40? Shit man, I'd be surprised if your main control arm isn't bent, or some other steering/suspension rod. Hittings gutters REALLY stuffs your car up and re-aligns the front sideways.

its actauly fine Smile
maybe it was 20-40kms. she was on 2nd gear and just let off the throttle. it only scrapped the gutter so thank god!

the panel damage has always been like that.. lowered + factory sports bodykit.. alignment seems fine but will check the control arm tommorow!

after driving it straight away and tonight.. seems fine and perfect but will jack it up to see
Ozzie
Regular

December 2003
Re: Teaching girls.. Thu, 29 January 2004 11:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bet it was worth the scorching hot poontang. Hmm, speaking of poontang, how old is this chick if she's still on her Ls? Cradle snatcher? ! Shocked
SW20R
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: Teaching girls.. Thu, 29 January 2004 11:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
18 single sexy and sweet Razz apparently needs 3 more lessons before her p's in an Auto.

She has good clutch control becuase apparently shes practiced doing donuts at one stage.. hmmm (she mentioned getting used to the clutch and gas pedals + making the car go in circles on a 180)
torque
Regular

May 2003
Re: Teaching girls.. Thu, 29 January 2004 16:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I let my (ex) GF drive any car I ever had - in fact I trusted her more than myself! - the only one she didn't like driving (although I made her - hehehe) was a 6 cylinder with a 48/80 cam (v v lumpy) and ceramic clutch..

I used to love nothing more than when she did occasionally floor my turbo ta22 and waste some shocked looking commodore on the freeway, while I got to sit there smiling!!

nice - now if only I could find another girl that could drive like she did...
jackel
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Teaching girls.. Thu, 29 January 2004 17:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i let me mum drive my car for some reason Confused
she hadn't drove a manual for like years....

now thinking you remember everything when you get into a car what did she forget to do when starting the car... clutch IN!!!

if your trying to get your girlfriend or some chick to learn how to drive just pretend to do it for a couple of hours, use your hands as the clutch and accelerate and something else for the gearstick Rolling Eyes
Caledwvech
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Teaching girls.. Thu, 29 January 2004 23:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My g/f refuses to drive my car. She is afraid that she might wreck it. She says it has too much power. Evil or Very Mad
lumpy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Teaching girls.. Fri, 30 January 2004 00:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
To misquote the simpsons...

"She doesn't want to learn (to drive a manual) and I don't want to teach her (in the Supra)" Very Happy I have genuinely offered but she isn't interested. And it is too fast for her!
walu
Regular

December 2003
Re: Teaching girls.. Fri, 30 January 2004 01:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My mate was teaching his girlfriend (at the time) how to drive. SHe could only manage one thing at a time. Coming into the corner at 40km/hr she could only brake OR turn the corner....not both. Quick application of the handbrake narrowly averted a bent Corolla.

A judicious grabbing of the steering wheel later also narrowly averted a number of parked cars being side swiped. Credit to him, he kept teaching her, though he seemed to get on the Scotch immediately after each lesson.
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Teaching girls.. Fri, 30 January 2004 01:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
*Sigh*
I don't think you should be able to get an Auto licence at all. You should have to go for your Ps in a manual. I think that would reduce the number of shithouse drivers out there. If you can't concentrate on traffic, steering, speed and gear, then you have no right to be driving a machine that can legaly project you along at 100km/h!
my 2c.
Camry_omega
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: Teaching girls.. Fri, 30 January 2004 02:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I would have to disagree.
I found by learning all the basics of driving, brake, accel, observation, manuvering etc on an auto, i could become a proficent driver in my own car (an auto). Then once on my Ps i learned manual on my dad's car (Suziki Vitara) and mu mum's (subaru forester). Just caus my car dosen't have a clutch pedal dosen't make me a less compitent driver.
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Teaching girls.. Fri, 30 January 2004 04:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Perhaps not you, but in general it's true. Only accident my girlfriend has ever had was 'cuz she was in an auto. She was creeping forward and wasn't watching (really common in auto drivers).
My mother has noticed she has become a much lazier driver since she went to an Auto.

I never had a problem learning in a manual at all. The only time I wished I was learning in an Auto was when I was first starting. But after spending about 5 hours or so in a car park just learning how to work the clutch, I felt confident enough to take it to the road. Although I do think I should have spent a bit more time in the car park. I don't have a problem with someone learning to drive in an auto (at this point anyway) but they should have to learn to drive a manual before they get their Ps.

A manual forces you to concentrate more on driving, and less on talking or listening to the radio. Apparently I am really frustrating to talk to when I'm driving, 'cuz I keep ignoring them while I negotiate traffic.
Apollo
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Teaching girls.. Fri, 30 January 2004 04:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shraka wrote on Fri, 30 January 2004 11:14

*Sigh*
I don't think you should be able to get an Auto licence at all. You should have to go for your Ps in a manual. I think that would reduce the number of shithouse drivers out there. If you can't concentrate on traffic, steering, speed and gear, then you have no right to be driving a machine that can legaly project you along at 100km/h!
my 2c.

Yea, ok. Since when being able to drive a manual magically make you a better driver?

Why spread your attention so thin when you can cut one out and concentrate on actually driving more? How does pushing/pulling a stick ,pushing an extra pedal and in general shifting your body weight around make you more safe or competent?
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Teaching girls.. Fri, 30 January 2004 04:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
'cuz you don't. Your focus starts to go to other things. Hot chicks on the side of the road, the radio etc. I'm not just saying this based on theory. My girlfriends accident was directly related to the fact that she didn't need to think to let the car roll forward. Having an Auto makes you concentrate less on driving, not more. Its more effort for me if I want to go quicker. I need to downshift, speed up, upshift again (especialy in the shitbox). When it's a little harder to do things you start to think about if it's worth it. When you do that you think about the circumstances more, and that makes you a better driver.

Anyone out there learn to drive in an Automatic and then switch to Manual? Did you notice a difference in concentration on the road?

Besides, I'm not saying that being an Auto driver you are going to be shit, and being a manual drive your going to be good. I know some dreadful manual drivers, and I know some good Auto drivers. Bad drivers will always be bad drivers, and good drivers will always be good drivers. I'm just saying that having an auto will probably make an average driver worse.

Edit: Oh, Apollo, have you ever driven a manual? Like for a while (learning is always hard)? 'cuz I have driven some Automatics and I feel my attention waver as I drive. I need to keep pulling myself back from just going into autopilot, at least on longer drives anyway (say more than 20 mins).
And if you find yourself spreading your attention thin in a manual, then perhaps you need more practice! Very Happy Manual shifting isn't hard, it just takes a conscious decision to do it.

[Updated on: Fri, 30 January 2004 04:58]

Apollo
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Teaching girls.. Fri, 30 January 2004 05:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shraka wrote on Fri, 30 January 2004 14:54

'cuz you don't. Your focus starts to go to other things. Hot chicks on the side of the road, the radio etc. I'm not just saying this based on theory. My girlfriends accident was directly related to the fact that she didn't need to think to let the car roll forward. Having an Auto makes you concentrate less on driving, not more. Its more effort for me if I want to go quicker. I need to downshift, speed up, upshift again (especialy in the shitbox). When it's a little harder to do things you start to think about if it's worth it. When you do that you think about the circumstances more, and that makes you a better driver.

Anyone out there learn to drive in an Automatic and then switch to Manual? Did you notice a difference in concentration on the road?

Besides, I'm not saying that being an Auto driver you are going to be shit, and being a manual drive your going to be good. I know some dreadful manual drivers, and I know some good Auto drivers. Bad drivers will always be bad drivers, and good drivers will always be good drivers. I'm just saying that having an auto will probably make an average driver worse.

Edit: Oh, Apollo, have you ever driven a manual? Like for a while (learning is always hard)? 'cuz I have driven some Automatics and I feel my attention waver as I drive. I need to keep pulling myself back from just going into autopilot, at least on longer drives anyway (say more than 20 mins).
And if you find yourself spreading your attention thin in a manual, then perhaps you need more practice! Very Happy Manual shifting isn't hard, it just takes a conscious decision to do it.

No offense to you, but your girl sounds like a dumbarse. You havta keep your foot on the brake. You should no matter what you drive anyway. So when are you going to teach her to drive properly? Transmission doesn't matter to how well you handle the car, (well, actually it can, but I won't nitpick that right now). Basic things like keeping it still she failed at, so you shouldn't just put her back into a manual because it sounds like she probably had that habit of not having the foot on the brake anyway, so take her off the road will ya? She's seems a prime example of our brilliant licensing system. Very Happy

As for me driving a manual, I'll set you straight now:

I got my MANUAL corolla back in ~'90 and drove it and nothing else besides manuals until I got my auto in 2000. And 3 of those years was full time pizza delivery. So yea, I think I'm more experienced than you are at driving a manual. Plus it didn't take me 5 hours in a carpark somewhere to learn a clutch. More like 10 seconds on a real road. Razz Wink And now that I know from experience how to really 'drive' an auto, I have no real desire to go back.

And as for your problem with gear changes, you just don't know how to drive an auto properly to get it into the gear you want. That takes practice and more knowledge of what your car is doing at a given time as opposed to a slap and throw gear stick, but definatly the practice is the big one.

And that concentration of yours is a worry too. Do you have like, ADD or something? I'm just curious because no matter what you drive, your attention on what's going on around you should be 100%.

I'll let you in on a secret, transmission means jack to how good you are. What does matter is practice and someone experienced to slap you in the head when they notice a bad habit you may have. As with all things in life, it's doing and learning.
Camry_omega
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: Teaching girls.. Fri, 30 January 2004 09:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I would have to agree, transmission has little to do with it.
If people aren't paying attention its not caus of the auto, its caus they are a bad driver.
I can understand your point of view, with less to do it can be easy to become distracted, but this should be corrected while learning.
79rollaboy
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Teaching girls.. Fri, 30 January 2004 10:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My mum was the only person (out of 15 other guys) to pass the Highway patrol course for NSW police, shes a way better driver than my dad ever was but she wont teach me for some reason???
Camry_omega
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: Teaching girls.. Fri, 30 January 2004 11:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just caus she is a god driver dosent mean she is a good teacher.
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Teaching girls.. Fri, 30 January 2004 14:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Apollo, It's only a little waver. I start to notice myself listening to words in the music, and stuff like that. Normally the music is just soothing background noise to driving. It's not like, I all of a sudden realize that I'm driving a car and I'm like "Wholly shit!" or anything.
As for learning a manual in 10 seconds, your either a genius, or that was a really inappropriate and dangerous thing for whoever your teacher was to let you do. Driving with traffic/pedestrians on your first attempt when your not confident controlling the car? A big dangerous mistake. After being in the car park, I was aware of how to control the car, I then went onto the real road and didn't have to many problems even when cut off etc.

I would say my girlfriend is an average driver. She just wasn't concentrating on the car in front of her, she was concentrating on the road she was merging with. You have to remember, not everyone is a GOOD driver, like yourself. Most people are fairly average, and some people are downright shit house. You sound like a good driver who hasn't learned the bad habits of an Auto by starting off in one. Like I said, an Automatic wont make a good driver any worse, or really impact on how bad a bad driver is. It's all those other shades of gray that I think it can be dangerous for. I have noticed this lack of attention in Auto drivers that isn't present in manual drivers. My mother being a prime example. She has said herself she notices she doesn't focus as much on driving now that she has an automatic.

Camry_omega, it SHOULD be corrected, but it usually isn't. My mother didn't correct a lot of my bad habits that I had to correct myself later.

If any of you think that many very subtle little changes over time don't matter, then your ignorant. A butterfly's wings my friends. You may not notice the difference yourself as your either a good driver, or don't have the presence of mind.
SetMeFree
Forums Junkie

December 2003
Re: Teaching girls.. Tue, 03 February 2004 23:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gotta hand it 2 u 4 having the balls to let ur gf drive ur car..... only 2 women in my life have driven my cars 1) My mum and 2) The police officer that parked my car wen it got impounded
SW20R
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: Teaching girls.. Tue, 03 February 2004 23:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TryUrLuk wrote on Wed, 04 February 2004 10:23

gotta hand it 2 u 4 having the balls to let ur gf drive ur car..... only 2 women in my life have driven my cars 1) My mum and 2) The police officer that parked my car wen it got impounded

haha cheers. well you learn from experience!
but i clearly see it. brother doesnt let wife drive the car unless its a long highway trip going interstate. dad doesnt go with mum when she drives unless its to the local karaoke bar haha Laughing
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Teaching girls.. Wed, 04 February 2004 10:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
to this day not one girl has driven my trueno
only 4 people

my brother shane
my mate sam
my mate martin
and 'the' anthony kellam

but im teaching my gf in it soon
shes a good auto driver and can manage manual ok
just cant ease out of the kerb with the clutch...

KANGAROOO'S!!!
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Teaching girls.. Wed, 04 February 2004 14:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I get to teach a girl tomorrow "how cars work"

eesh

"I sort of know. fuel goes in, and the spark makes splodey, and compression happens"
word for word
Camry_omega
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: Teaching girls.. Thu, 05 February 2004 11:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
all i have to say is www.howstuffworks.com
good luck!!
domasik
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Teaching girls.. Thu, 05 February 2004 23:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just readin thru the thread i skipped the last half of the thread but yea regarding driving autos vs manuals. manual give u so much more control of the car, u dont have a computer telling u when IT wants to change gears. technically yes uu can in ways control the gears in an auto but most of the time it isnt good for the transmission. also for me i dont have to concentrate on the gears. anyone who has been driving long enuf that has to concentrate on changing gears should jsut go back to an auto it shouldnt have to be something to think about. cause obviously if ur thinkin about ur gear changes ur thinking about something else a little bit less. but anyway if u wana teach a chick to drive dont put her in a twin turbo supra on the road! are u crazy, get her in an old school rolla in a paddock with no trees!
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Teaching girls.. Sun, 08 February 2004 07:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Evil_Foetus wrote on Thu, 29 January 2004 18:17

i let my friend drive both my celica and my supra....

shes actually doing really well. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

So hows she go driving the car? Laughing
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Teaching girls.. Sun, 08 February 2004 09:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i wont let anyone drive my ma61 bar dad and my brother and myself...the people who built it.

Ma70 though..well if shes good looking enough then why not Wink
Special Ed
Regular

November 2003
Re: Teaching girls.. Mon, 09 February 2004 07:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My Wife will be driving my JZA70 at the Toyota Nats.

Metal Button clutch
Locked Diff

burnout rubber + 220rwkw.

She loves it and handles it better than most guys will.

Look out guys you might get your ass kicked BY A GIRL. Razz

Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Teaching girls.. Mon, 09 February 2004 09:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I love getting my ass kicked by girls... wait did I just say that out loud just now?
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Teaching girls.. Tue, 10 February 2004 03:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Special Ed wrote on Mon, 09 February 2004 18:57

My Wife will be driving my JZA70 at the Toyota Nats.

Metal Button clutch
Locked Diff

burnout rubber + 220rwkw.

She loves it and handles it better than most guys will.

Look out guys you might get your ass kicked BY A GIRL. Razz

My GF (Kylie) is coming to the 'Nats too. She's gonna take MY Supra down the strip! And I'm sure YellowRolla's wife (another Kylie) will drive the KE20 again so it'll be fun watching the girls go at it!

I went to Hawii for a week, when she found out she couldn't go (work thing) first thing she said "Can I drive the supra!". On coming back "I beat a WRX, and a ..." nice list Smile
Special Ed
Regular

November 2003
Re: Teaching girls.. Tue, 10 February 2004 10:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Neelum (my wife) will be racing too, thats what she meant - merely driving around dubbo would not cut it !!

Kahless
Regular

December 2003

Re: Teaching girls.. Sat, 14 February 2004 15:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'd been trying to teach my ex for a while to drive manual and slowly she got the hang of it. Then I had my staff christmas party we decided I would go alone because she was working then she would get dropped off by a friend after work and drive me home. I thought 1-2am easy no worries. By the time she got there I couldnt stand up straight (as you do). She couldnt even get it out of the parking spot and asked me to do it. So I did, got it out onto the road and we swapped places. SHe got halfway down the road and she gave up had to call a friend to come get me. Got back in the morning and the roof and bonnet had been smashed in.

Another time my mum borrowed the car and somehow in the 10 min drive to my sisters school stripped the flywheel. Then said its your car you get it fixed. Dad gave me some money and said if I told her I was dead.

My sister wanted to learn so me never learning my lesson said ok. She drove around parra park a few times then got bored so next time she had to virtually stop for a pedestrian she floored the accelerator and dropped the clutch. I got the left front wheel doing the cool wheel bounce and tyre smoke. I found new respect for my sister and she has never driven it since Very Happy
Anna
Occasional Poster

September 2003
Re: Teaching girls.. Thu, 26 February 2004 02:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i'm 15 and all my chick friends are not even going to bother to learn how to drive manuals, my 17 year old cousin(chick)has to get driving lessons off me and doesn't know what a acclerater is. but on the other hand i'm a chick and have no problem driving manuals, my uncle taught me to drive when i was 14 in his company car. the first time i took my dad for a drive he gave me a lecture about how hard it was to change the gears and find reverse in his shit box subaru 1800, but once i start to drive he shut up and now lets me drive around town even though i dont even have my learners.
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: Teaching girls.. Thu, 26 February 2004 06:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FFS its not hard to learn to drive a manual Rolling Eyes A few years ago i had to teach an ex how to drive (after she got her p's and i was on my l's Rolling Eyes ) I've been driven since i could (lived on a farm). Im not saying im the worlds best driver but yeah, aint that hard to drive a manual!!
walu
Regular

December 2003
Re: Teaching girls.. Thu, 26 February 2004 21:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Anna....sorry to be a fuddy-duddy...but if you are driving with no licence, I'm thinking - no insurance, full liability in the event of an accident (that may not even be your fault).....

A work colleague blew 0.06 on a breath test after a guy t-boned him and wrote both cars off. My colleague, completely in the right, was left to replace his own car as he was in breach of the law, by being 0.06

Granted I also knew a guy who lost his licence for speeding and continued to drive. Never got caught. I feel sorry for the people without comprehensive insurance that are left to fix their own cars/bodies, when people like this have accidents.

Good on you however for developing driving skills at an early age, it should make you a safer driver by the time you get your licence.
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Teaching girls.. Fri, 27 February 2004 09:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Clown wrote on Thu, 26 February 2004 17:04

FFS its not hard to learn to drive a manual Rolling Eyes A few years ago i had to teach an ex how to drive (after she got her p's and i was on my l's Rolling Eyes ) I've been driven since i could (lived on a farm). Im not saying im the worlds best driver but yeah, aint that hard to drive a manual!!

But you ARE the worsed parker. Laughing
Sorry, I had to. Smile
Apollo
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Teaching girls.. Fri, 27 February 2004 12:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shraka wrote on Sat, 31 January 2004 00:53

As for learning a manual in 10 seconds, your either a genius, or that was a really inappropriate and dangerous thing for whoever your teacher was to let you do. Driving with traffic/pedestrians on your first attempt when your not confident controlling the car?

When first driving, it's not hard to learn a clutch. Give it a rev up to ~2000 then ease it out. Simple. Then with any further driving experience you eventually get it to a fine art and can pretty much feel when the stall point is just with practice. And before-hand as a kid, it's not that hard to sit in the drivers seat and just muck around with the clutch pressed in and throwing the gearstick around getting a feel for it. Smile

I should mention that real road was in western australia and a back road at that. No entirely deserted, but was without dumbarse pedestrians that like to just walk out for no reason. Razz And my first teacher was my step granddad that had the total experience of having driven several times around the entire country. That's how for half the reason I've been all around Australia and pretty much seen everything. Wink

Anyway, then the only real reason to do formal lessons with a "proper" instructor was only to get to know what the transport department required for a pass. Very Happy
ra23celicachick
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: Teaching girls.. Tue, 02 March 2004 21:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I love driving manuals. All the car's I've owned have been manual's except for my Berlina (why did my clutch knee have to go on me). The last few day's I've been driving a Manual V8 Commo, shit that's got some power behind it. When pushing it every gear change it lets out a nice big bang out the exhaust. Evil or Very Mad The only other time he let anyone drive his Commo alone was after he cut his leg open with a surf board fin, so he must think I'm an ok driver.
FKN16V
Forums Junkie

July 2003
Re: Teaching girls.. Fri, 19 March 2004 12:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
draven wrote on Thu, 29 January 2004 16:35

You should listen to your mother and grandmother.

They probaly dont want their shopping to get damaged.
jesseT18
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: Teaching girls.. Fri, 19 March 2004 22:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i saw a red sprinter with a black bonnet with a chick having a learn a few days ago, i was scared for the car it was nice then when it drove past the hole back ends been whiped out.
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Teaching girls.. Sat, 20 March 2004 11:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my friend's friend is still driving his car

apparantly still doing well... Very Happy

good for her

[Updated on: Wed, 26 May 2004 12:50]

WHITCHY
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: Teaching girls.. Mon, 05 April 2004 13:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That was my Sprinter with the black bonnet!
Only just got it that day (already damaged) and my sis wanted to take it for a spin, figured if she smashed it she could fix all of it!Smile but she didnt!Sad
Its permenantly on Cecil Ave now, sending it off to get fixed this week hopefully!Smile
cheers
-Whitchy-
45aken
Regular

February 2004
Re: Teaching girls.. Tue, 06 April 2004 13:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i let my girl drive the wrx...diddn't even stall!
first time ever in a manual, and i've got an os gilken twin plate Shocked !
Tommo
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Teaching girls.. Wed, 07 April 2004 08:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
marry her
MR. 2
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Teaching girls.. Thu, 08 April 2004 04:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i let my ex race my mr2 brass button clutch and at the time 190rwkw..... she shit her self and refuses to do it again.... LOL well she cant really drive it again anyways, she's my ex LOL
coronamark2
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Teaching girls.. Thu, 08 April 2004 07:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my missus has a 3cyl sirion we pulled up at the lights in the wet next to a guy in a vl he gave it a rev i was pissin myself so i told her put the clutch in give it some revs and when the lights go green let your foot off the clutch

the lights when green i said NOW the sirion cherped and took off
the VL was still sat there spinning Laughing

he caught up quickly and flew off

but the moral of the story is never underestimate a women in a sirion Laughing

OWNED
jackel
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Teaching girls.. Thu, 08 April 2004 17:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
women on wet roads Confused

i would of waited for her to get infront, don't want the side of the car dented if she lost it Razz
Caledwvech
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Teaching girls.. Wed, 14 April 2004 03:30 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
I finally convinced my g/f to drive my car the other night. There were quite a few bunny hops to begin with, but after that, she was pretty good. I was actually impressed. She was addicted to the turbo though. Smile
Pages (2): [1  2  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:F%%khead driver nearly caused me a BIG ACCIDENT!!!
Next Topic:how quick can an stock ae82 twin cam go?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 15 17:34:56 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0080161094665527 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.