Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » AE82: 4A-GE Engine Transplant + Automatic Transmission = Possible?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Tofuboi
Regular

November 2003

AE82: 4A-GE Engine Transplant + Automatic Transmission = Possible? Wed, 07 April 2004 13:21 Go to next message
I got a mate with an AE82 '1986 Corolla CSX hatch, he wants to put in a 4A-GE from an AE82 TwinCAM 16 but he 'refuses' to have a manual transmission, don't ask me why. He wanted me to ask people if its possible to rig an AE82 auto trans to a 4A-GE engine.

I'd think it wouldnt be, but who knows in this crazy world.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
  Send a private message to this user    
Alainve
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: AE82: 4A-GE Engine Transplant + Automatic Transmission = Possible? Wed, 07 April 2004 13:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
should bolt up but you will need a torque converter from a 4AGE as the bolt paterns are different the 4AC has 6 bolts and the 4AGE has 8 bolts
try getting an auto box from a later 4AGE im not sure but i think they are 4 speed instead of 3
Tofuboi
Regular

November 2003

Re: AE82: 4A-GE Engine Transplant + Automatic Transmission = Possible? Thu, 08 April 2004 00:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so you think it would be possible, hrmn, i'll tell him your suggestion, and hope to the best it works...

if anyone else has other ideas tho, let me know.
Grega
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002

Re: AE82: 4A-GE Engine Transplant + Automatic Transmission = Possible? Thu, 08 April 2004 07:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes its possible.
use a 20v flexplate. these will fit.

and use the std ae82 4 speed auto. problem solved.

i investigated doing this as well for a daily driver.
Tofuboi
Regular

November 2003

Re: AE82: 4A-GE Engine Transplant + Automatic Transmission = Possible? Thu, 08 April 2004 10:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Grega wrote on Thu, 08 April 2004 17:22

and use the std ae82 4 speed auto. problem solved.

I thought the standard AE82 auto transmissions are 3 speed? my friends is, and I know mine is. (my ae82 is a a to b car, just like his, almost identical)
Johnny
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AE82: 4A-GE Engine Transplant + Automatic Transmission = Possible? Thu, 08 April 2004 13:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

I thought the standard AE82 auto transmissions are 3 speed? my friends is, and I know mine is. (my ae82 is a a to b car, just like his, almost identical)

late model ('87->on) CSX came with a 4Spd
Tofuboi
Regular

November 2003

Re: AE82: 4A-GE Engine Transplant + Automatic Transmission = Possible? Thu, 08 April 2004 14:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
aha okay thanks
Grega
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002

Re: AE82: 4A-GE Engine Transplant + Automatic Transmission = Possible? Fri, 09 April 2004 01:45 Go to previous message
yes i thought same. as johnny says....csx 98 onwards came with 4 speed autos. and they're hydraulic not electronic also, so, no issues with auto computers (as such)
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:what wheels are these?
Next Topic:Position of PS Reservoir
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 14:07:29 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0043830871582031 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.