Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Interstate Cruises and Events » NT/TAS » CCG Cruise to TOYOTA NATIONALS (9.4.04) - All welcome

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
TA22_3TG
Regular

August 2002
CCG Cruise to TOYOTA NATIONALS (9.4.04) - All welcome Fri, 26 March 2004 08:28 Go to next message
Following on from our Gumby's TOYNATS post:
After much debate as usual, the CCG cruise to Dubbo on Friday 9 April 2004 will meet at 9am at the ACT/NSW border on the Barton Highway (North Canberra). We will depart shortly after as it is approximately a 4 1/2 to 5 hour trip, depending on stops. (of course anyone that wishes to join the cruise is more than welcome to just turn up....the more the merrier).

Last year we had 12 cars and over 20 people cruise to Dubbo in exceptional weather. We also had another 10 or so just arrive unannounced during the WE. We already have approximately 20 people staying at The Barracks alone so we are hopefull of an even better turn out this year!
Cheers
Mitch & Phil
(CCG)

Send a private message to this user    
biased99
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: CCG Cruise to TOYOTA NATIONALS (9.4.04) - All welcome Sat, 27 March 2004 06:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Cressida will be there...

See you on the day.
ChuckLandwehr
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: CCG Cruise to TOYOTA NATIONALS (9.4.04) - All welcome Sat, 27 March 2004 11:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Biassed 99, Hopefully this year your Cressy will not be spewing diff oil onto the cars behind!

TA22-3TG, 9:00 am sounds like a plan, see you at Hall.

regards Chuck.
SprinterBoy
Regular

January 2004
Re: CCG Cruise to TOYOTA NATIONALS (9.4.04) - All welcome Sun, 28 March 2004 08:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've decided to bring the sprinter, the engine conversion can wait 5more days, so ill see you there, oh, i've go t one free seat.
biased99
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: CCG Cruise to TOYOTA NATIONALS (9.4.04) - All welcome Sun, 28 March 2004 23:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ChuckLandwehr wrote on Sat, 27 March 2004 22:46

Biassed 99, Hopefully this year your Cressy will not be spewing diff oil onto the cars behind!

Given that is where most other cars spend their time, it was something I had to fix...and did.
Jason
Forums Junkie

December 2002

Re: CCG Cruise to TOYOTA NATIONALS (9.4.04) - All welcome Mon, 29 March 2004 00:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I will be there with the yellow beast i just gotta rush that paint job. Very Happy
TA22_3TG
Regular

August 2002
Re: CCG Cruise to TOYOTA NATIONALS (9.4.04) - All welcome Mon, 29 March 2004 03:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jas....Paint job???? I thought it was just a MINOR rebuild and new engine....go the yellow celicas!!!!!!!
Mitch
Jason
Forums Junkie

December 2002

Re: CCG Cruise to TOYOTA NATIONALS (9.4.04) - All welcome Mon, 29 March 2004 04:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just some touch ups, got to have the old girl looking her best for the show. I have the rg in now and am trying to run it in as much as i can.
benmeyer
Regular

October 2002

Re: CCG Cruise to TOYOTA NATIONALS (9.4.04) - All welcome Mon, 29 March 2004 04:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mine will also be comin along for the trip. lets see how much oily smoke i can dump on you guys this year as i overtake a series of 4wd's round a corner, never to be seen again!

(some will remember what happened on the way home last year Wink)
halfplugged
Occasional Poster

September 2003
Re: CCG Cruise to TOYOTA NATIONALS (9.4.04) - All welcome Tue, 30 March 2004 08:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so are we actually meeting in hall, or on the side of the road @ the truck rest area style thing???

will be good only takes me about a minute to get there lol
benmeyer
Regular

October 2002

Re: CCG Cruise to TOYOTA NATIONALS (9.4.04) - All welcome Tue, 30 March 2004 10:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The truck stop looking thing, it sorta creeps up on ya
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: CCG Cruise to TOYOTA NATIONALS (9.4.04) - All welcome Tue, 30 March 2004 15:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
benmeyer wrote on Mon, 29 March 2004 14:49

Mine will also be comin along for the trip. lets see how much oily smoke i can dump on you guys this year as i overtake a series of 4wd's round a corner, never to be seen again!

(some will remember what happened on the way home last year Wink)

ohh yeah ben except I saw you all the way I got around the 4wds as well and was behind you the whole way Laughing this time you'll be behind me.... boost baby Very Happy , Dump any oily shit on me and your as good as dead Evil or Very Mad nahh this is not a competition, it's a nice cruise Smile

I'll be there with the slightly different celica Cool
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: CCG Cruise to TOYOTA NATIONALS (9.4.04) - All welcome Tue, 30 March 2004 22:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
amanda and i will be there in supra style! Very Happy

and joel, ur right buddy there aint nothin like boosting on the hiway!

SprinterBoy
Regular

January 2004
Re: CCG Cruise to TOYOTA NATIONALS (9.4.04) - All welcome Wed, 31 March 2004 08:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yea well, you guys can go boosting all the way up the hiway, i'll sit back with the NA guys and have some fun, while also not in as much danger of losing my license, it's going to be double demrit weekend! I'm kinda glad it wasn't the last time i got booked, I HATE DISCO LIGHTS!!! Mad Mad Mad
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: CCG Cruise to TOYOTA NATIONALS (9.4.04) - All welcome Wed, 31 March 2004 13:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol cruise controll baby!! Very Happy

i have no intention of losing points this Double Demerit weekend!
TA22_3TG
Regular

August 2002
Re: CCG Cruise to TOYOTA NATIONALS (9.4.04) - All welcome Thu, 01 April 2004 06:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
For all those non CCG guys in the Canberra/Queanbeyan district, or even coming through from Melbourne etc. Everyone is welcome to join us on the trip to Dubbo. Its an early 9am start but those that are entering their cars need a bit of time to clean up their rides before the welcome 'meet and greet' function on the Friday night at the Matilda Motor in.

For mor info. on the Toynats see:
http://www.toyota-nationals.org.au/

Cheers
Mitch
and of course the Birthday boy Phil Eacott...Happy Birthday Phil!!!!!!!
ChuckLandwehr
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: CCG Cruise to TOYOTA NATIONALS (9.4.04) - All welcome Thu, 01 April 2004 11:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bug Protection for your Rides.

Today I came across a Commodore, that had been through Dubbo Parkes area. Red Commie with a full yellow front of squashed grasshoppers (locust's), What a bloody mess!

Idea's to minimize bug guts, would be most welcome.

Mesh or Gauze could end up causing over heating problems, due to restricted airflow.

WD40 sprayed liberally on front of car before trip!

Coating the front of the car with undiluted car wash!

Keep em coming guys.

regards Chuck.
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: CCG Cruise to TOYOTA NATIONALS (9.4.04) - All welcome Thu, 01 April 2004 16:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
quickly get a car bra Laughing

damn I wish I had one now Sad

TA22_3TG
Regular

August 2002
Re: CCG Cruise to TOYOTA NATIONALS (9.4.04) - All welcome Thu, 01 April 2004 22:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Great advice Chuck

Im thinking of doing several layers of flyscreen gauze that I can peel off a layer of locusts at intervals on the trip. Hopefully, the idea being if Tweety starts to heat up then Ill rip a layer off with all the 'bugs' still attached, leaving fresh air till the next time.

More ideas anyone????
Cheers
Mitch
ddeane
Regular

June 2002
Re: CCG Cruise to TOYOTA NATIONALS (9.4.04) - All welcome Thu, 01 April 2004 23:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mitch

Did the alignment make any difference? Will tweety be able to stay in a straight line going to Dubbo?

Craig
TA22_3TG
Regular

August 2002
Re: CCG Cruise to TOYOTA NATIONALS (9.4.04) - All welcome Thu, 01 April 2004 23:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sure did Craig. Its more my steering than the alignment!

Capital Steering did a great job as usual on balancing my big heavy 'chromies', especially using the much better looking, but harder to use, inside rim weights. I forgot how good it feels to have a straight align and balance.

How did the coil-overs go? Did you end up with a wider track as I have seen that on a few. So now can you run 225s on the front?????? Thanks for looking after the keys too!
Cheers
Mitch
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: CCG Cruise to TOYOTA NATIONALS (9.4.04) - All welcome Fri, 02 April 2004 00:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wiso wrote on Fri, 02 April 2004 02:02

quickly get a car bra Laughing

damn I wish I had one now Sad

at least ur cooler is top mounted...

unlike mine!... i guess ill stick to ur ass and you can pave the way thru all the locusts!!!!

Laughing J/k
Jason
Forums Junkie

December 2002

Re: CCG Cruise to TOYOTA NATIONALS (9.4.04) - All welcome Fri, 02 April 2004 05:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Im thinking of hiring a midget for a hood ornament and issuing him/her with a pair of goggles and a squeege to get rid of the bugs as they appear. Razz
SprinterBoy
Regular

January 2004
Re: CCG Cruise to TOYOTA NATIONALS (9.4.04) - All welcome Fri, 02 April 2004 08:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well, who has a van or the bigest car, we can put them infront of everybody else and we'll help clean the car/van once we arrive. I'm not overly fussed, my car's not entered in anything, i'm just going up for the fun. And to see some sweet toyotas! Cool
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: CCG Cruise to TOYOTA NATIONALS (9.4.04) - All welcome Fri, 02 April 2004 15:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TA22_3TG wrote on Fri, 02 April 2004 08:16

Great advice Chuck

Im thinking of doing several layers of flyscreen gauze that I can peel off a layer of locusts at intervals on the trip. Hopefully, the idea being if Tweety starts to heat up then Ill rip a layer off with all the 'bugs' still attached, leaving fresh air till the next time.

More ideas anyone????
Cheers
Mitch

Mitch and Chuck, great Idea I think I may be doing that one.
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: CCG Cruise to TOYOTA NATIONALS (9.4.04) - All welcome Sun, 04 April 2004 09:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SprinterBoy wrote on Fri, 02 April 2004 18:03

well, who has a van or the bigest car, we can put them infront of everybody else and we'll help clean the car/van once we arrive. I'm not overly fussed, my car's not entered in anything, i'm just going up for the fun. And to see some sweet toyotas! Cool

and to drive me back to the barracks when im shitfaced! Very Happy
Jason
Forums Junkie

December 2002

Re: CCG Cruise to TOYOTA NATIONALS (9.4.04) - All welcome Tue, 06 April 2004 04:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I vote we leave Gumby in Dubbo on a corner under a street lamp and get him to give the one fingure wave to all the locals and see how long it takes for someone to pick him up Very Happy
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: CCG Cruise to TOYOTA NATIONALS (9.4.04) - All welcome Tue, 06 April 2004 05:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
which one figured salute are we talking about now? Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

ill be cruisen with the roof off and making the 1j sneeze its titties off at all the dubbo milfs Laughing Laughing
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: CCG Cruise to TOYOTA NATIONALS (9.4.04) - All welcome Tue, 06 April 2004 06:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If Dubbo is like most other NSW country towns then these MILFS you speak of will be 16 years old with 8 kids Shocked .

What ever floats your boat I guess Laughing

Don't worry about me I am just cut I am not going.

Next year.....
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: CCG Cruise to TOYOTA NATIONALS (9.4.04) - All welcome Tue, 06 April 2004 07:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well at least they put out!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

sucks how you cant make it shane, we'll have to nag the shit outta you to come next year! Smile
Jason
Forums Junkie

December 2002

Re: CCG Cruise to TOYOTA NATIONALS (9.4.04) - All welcome Wed, 07 April 2004 02:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NAG-NAG-NAG, NAG-NAG-NAG, NAG-NAG-NAG, NAG-NAG-NAG, NAG-NAG-NAG, NAG-NAG-NAG, NAG-NAG-NAG, NAG-NAG-NAG, NAG-NAG-NAG, NAG-NAG-NAG, NAG-NAG-NAG, NAG-NAG-NAG, NAG-NAG-NAG, NAG-NAG-NAG, NAG-NAG-NAG, NAG-NAG-NAG, NAG-NAG-NAG, NAG-NAG-NAG, NAG-NAG-NAG, NAG-NAG-NAG, NAG-NAG-NAG, NAG-NAG-NAG, NAG-NAG-NAG, NAG-NAG-NAG, NAG-NAG-NAG, NAG-NAG-NAG, NAG-NAG-NAG, NAG-NAG-NAG, NAG-NAG-NAG, NAG-NAG-NAG, NAG-NAG-NAG, NAG-NAG-NAG, NAG-NAG-NAG, NAG-NAG-NAG, NAG-NAG-NAG, NAG-NAG-NAG, NAG-NAG-NAG, NAG-NAG-NAG, NAG-NAG-NAG, NAG-NAG-NAG, NAG-NAG-NAG, NAG-NAG-NAG, Very Happy
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: CCG Cruise to TOYOTA NATIONALS (9.4.04) - All welcome Wed, 07 April 2004 04:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh I will be there next year, no nagging required. Just a bit of planning on my part would help.

Have fun, and hope all the CCG crew has trouble free motoring Very Happy .
ChuckLandwehr
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: CCG Cruise to TOYOTA NATIONALS (9.4.04) - All welcome Wed, 07 April 2004 12:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
"Update on Bugs"

Mitch, tells me that Phil Eacott has just run up to Dubbo, and experienced minimal bug deposits. Cool
I still intend to take at least minimal precautions, just imagine a front mount IC full of bugs! Very Happy

Really looking forward to meeting up with everyone, for the cruise to Dubbo Smile

Jason, just put yer big dog on the bonnet, and pretend your a Mack Truck! Twisted Evil

Regards Chuck.
Jason
Forums Junkie

December 2002

Re: CCG Cruise to TOYOTA NATIONALS (9.4.04) - All welcome Thu, 08 April 2004 01:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LOL
Who cleans the bugs off the dog Very Happy
ChuckLandwehr
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: CCG Cruise to TOYOTA NATIONALS (9.4.04) - All welcome Thu, 08 April 2004 12:12 Go to previous message
Dog eats bugs! Jason eats dog!, what never heard of the food chain? Twisted Evil

Cheers
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Rattle Gun needed Urgent
Next Topic:CCG Beer O'Clock - Wed 31 March 2004
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 11:24:38 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0061938762664795 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.