Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Hilux Calip Conversion and Wheel Size

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
takai
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Hilux Calip Conversion and Wheel Size Thu, 08 April 2004 09:40 Go to next message
Alright, i cant find this in any of the threads. But what is the min size rim which will fit over the Hilux calipers?
  Send a private message to this user    
peewee
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Hilux Calip Conversion and Wheel Size Thu, 08 April 2004 14:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i'm pretty certain that with the right 14's they'll fit, but likely need 15's, of which most fit, and to be completely certain then 16's
takai
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: Hilux Calip Conversion and Wheel Size Thu, 08 April 2004 14:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok. Because that limits my 2nd hand wheel choice.
Ive been steering away from 14s sofar, and i think im right to do that. Ill go find a couple of sets of 15s.
peewee
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Hilux Calip Conversion and Wheel Size Thu, 08 April 2004 14:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i'd either wait until you have the brakes on (tho it makes it hard to trial fit if you can't take the car anywhere) or only buy rims that you can easily on-sell without losing out.
takai
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: Hilux Calip Conversion and Wheel Size Thu, 08 April 2004 14:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, thats what im thinking.
Ohwell
demuire
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Hilux Calip Conversion and Wheel Size Fri, 09 April 2004 00:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
14's do fit. Main problem is the wheel design as the calipers tend to stick out past the hubs so a lot of wheels will hit the spokes
Grega
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002

Re: Hilux Calip Conversion and Wheel Size Fri, 09 April 2004 04:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mx73 cressida rims fit my ta22 fine, and, can be had very very cheaply! (as a meantime measure)
takai
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: Hilux Calip Conversion and Wheel Size Fri, 09 April 2004 07:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cool, i think ill get a set of those to roll on up the road to the tyre place where ill get my rims fitted.
peewee
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Hilux Calip Conversion and Wheel Size Sat, 10 April 2004 01:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if you're only gettin them to use for a day to go to get proper wheels fitted then post up in your state section and ask if anyone can lend you some or something, might save you some dollars
takai
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: Hilux Calip Conversion and Wheel Size Sat, 10 April 2004 01:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah most likely.
Ill actualy probably get the rims balanced and then pop them on while its up on stands. Then finally go back for a wheel alignment later.

Oh yeah, what about the RX7 and R32 caliper sizings. Ive heard 15s for the RX7 and 16s for the R32.
Can anyone confirm.
Grega
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002

Re: Hilux Calip Conversion and Wheel Size Sun, 11 April 2004 00:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
they actually don't look too bad when cleaned up and put on my ta22...
7M-Brisbane
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Hilux Calip Conversion and Wheel Size Sun, 11 April 2004 02:59 Go to previous message
I know someone (Very Happy) who has just fitted Landcruiser calipers (essentially the same) to an MX13 Corona. A number of different 14" wheels were tried without success.

Finally a set of RT104 Corona rims were used, and they fit with no clearance problems. Unfortunately the stock MX13 hubcaps don't quite sit properly on the rims so the RT104 wheel trims will be used instead.

You may have more luck with 14" alloy rims than 14" steel rims due to the internal design, although the main thing to watch out for is that on some wheels the mounting face of the wheel is larger than the hub and fouls on the caliper.

15's are your safest bet clearance-wise, but still be careful with the mounting face.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:w50 gear ratios - can anyone help ?
Next Topic:2tgeu identification by blcok numbers???
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue May 7 16:35:08 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0051009654998779 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.