Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
CamZH
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2002

RA28 Headlight upgrades Sat, 24 August 2002 02:38 Go to next message
Hey guys,
I'm sick of the sealed beam lamps on the front of the RA28.
I want to convert them to normal (newer) lights. ie, ones with replaceable globes.
I've found that the wiring in these things is pretty friggin wierd. I fitted a set of ZH Fairlane Hella lamps, which fit perfectly, but they have single filament bulbs for low beam.

How ever due to the chassis connection the high beam comes on when low beam is turned on. I thought this was a problem with the wiring in the car. but both RA28's do it.

So i'm looking for an after market head light, I think the BMW's have the same size lamps, but they are going to be dear.

the best i have found on the net is at http://www.demandmotorsports.com/productpage39.htm l. the multi facetted reflector looks great, but at US$27ea, they are also expensive. but look F^*%ing great! Grin

Anyone got any good ideas on replacements??

thanks,
CamZH
  Send a private message to this user    
RA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: RA28 Headlight upgrades Sat, 24 August 2002 10:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message

I was looking into this once and remember that there was a sealed shell with the hole in the back for a standard light bulb at super cheap for like 20 bucks. Try that.

Tim
CamZH
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2002

Re: RA28 Headlight upgrades Sat, 24 August 2002 12:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks Tim,
Do you know if they are any good??
I dont want a crappy cheap replacement.
If the US$27 articles are as good as they look then they might be the go.

CamZH
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: RA28 Headlight upgrades Mon, 26 August 2002 03:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I just took mine to the local auto electrician - got him to put in a new resister box thing - and swapped the lights over to a removable globe/non sealed beam lense . left the inners as is - and replaced the sealed beams with 100 watt rally-style clear lense sealed units .. Lighting is awesome now -

cost me 90 dollars to swap from sealed beam outers to globes - and 50 bux for the rally inner lights ..

RA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: RA28 Headlight upgrades Mon, 26 August 2002 05:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I bought the headlight case from super cheap, it was 17 bucks!

I will install it now and let you know.

Tim
RA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: RA28 Headlight upgrades Tue, 27 August 2002 11:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Hey they fit great, twice as bright at least. super cheap auto, 17 bucks!! now I need 3 more!!

Tim
CamZH
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2002

Re: RA28 Headlight upgrades Wed, 28 August 2002 09:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks Tim,
I dont suppose you have any pics??

Thanks,
CamZH
RA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: RA28 Headlight upgrades Thu, 29 August 2002 03:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pics? Lets not get too carried away, they're only lights...

They do look different to the sealed beams, where the sealed beam has difusing ribs in the glass, the new ones are clear and smooth.

Shit just buy one, it's only 17 bucks (plus 7 for the light bulb)

Tim
Alainve
Forums Junkie

June 2002
icon3.gif  Re: RA28 Headlight upgrades Thu, 29 August 2002 07:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ive also got some of those lenses installed on my TA22 but if you do any dirt road driving you might want to put some of those 'skins' you can buy to protect them as theyre thinner glass than the sealed beams. Mine got a hole in about 5 days after driving on a drit road Sad .But otherwise theyre the best safter upgrade you can make

Drift ON!!!!!! Nod
Karl_skewes
Regular

May 2002
Re: RA28 Headlight upgrades Thu, 29 August 2002 11:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Appco sell $110 semi-sealed conversion for my KE35. And it's just for a (something) inch pair of lights with globes. No wiring necessary.... works a treat.

RA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: RA28 Headlight upgrades Fri, 30 August 2002 13:09 Go to previous message
For $110 each they should install them too!!

You sure the supercheap ones won't fit?

Tim.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Trouble Starting (sometimes)
Next Topic:1992 T/T Soarer's Light Steering - How to fix?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 15 17:21:03 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0044341087341309 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.