Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Hunty
Forums Junkie

July 2002

icon8.gif  Carby Question Tue, 27 August 2002 14:43 Go to next message
Well after 3 trips to the mechanics and $190 im told i need to have my carby rebuilt. Pretty much wishing i didnt take it off and leave it on the drive way for a little while. So a couple things
1) should i get it rebuilt? They think about 200$
2) should i try and get one from a wreckers?
3) should i have it rebuilt with bigger jets will this yeild any power increases or just chew the petrol like a commonwhore.

Any ideas?!?

THANKS!
  Send a private message to this user    
M.W.P.
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Carby Question Wed, 28 August 2002 15:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
One from a wreckers will prolly need a rebuild anyway.

You thought about rebuilding it yourself?
Its not hard to do... just takes a few hrs.
Grega
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002

Re: Carby Question Wed, 28 August 2002 20:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mwp is on the money if you get one from a wrecker you might be worse off.

if the car needs to be on the road, go to a wrecker, get another carby - go to auto shop get rebuild kit and spend the arvo rebuilding it.

then just swap em over. just a thought..
mr supra
Regular

July 2002

Re: Carby Question Thu, 29 August 2002 10:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what kind of car is it?
Hunty
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Carby Question Thu, 29 August 2002 13:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Its off of a 4AC. Rebuild kits seems to be the way to go. Still on the question of the jets would increasing the size of the accelartor pump nozzle thing. Know what i mean? Would that give any power increase? or would it just chew more petrol?
M.W.P.
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Carby Question Thu, 29 August 2002 13:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
As for bigger jets... you could try going larger on the second venturi (sp?). But if you do, only go up slightly.

Dont change the size of the first otherwise you will end up sucking a lot more fuel then you need to.
Hunty
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Carby Question Thu, 29 August 2002 13:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
increase the venturi or the jet?
the venturi is that cylindrical thingy that the jets spray into isnt it??

i dont know, just thats what it looks like to me from all the pretty pictures in Gregorys corolla manual Smile
Hunty
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Carby Question Thu, 29 August 2002 13:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
But there is a 3rd jet/nozzle that squirts in petrol when u mash down the accelerator. now if this was increased so that it squirted more petrol that would have to increase power right? more petrol so it would suck more air. more air plus more petrol = bigger bang = more Kw.

Alainve
Forums Junkie

June 2002
icon4.gif  Re: Carby Question Fri, 30 August 2002 07:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
your engine may not need any more fuel.. what you need to do is use an AF (air fuel)meter and find out if it could use some more fuel and then if it does increase the size of the appropriate jet in the carby, because theres no point in increasing your fuel bill if it makes you go slower because its too rich. Smiley $$
Also you cant get any more air into the carby without increasing its size or forced induction and both are way too expensive for a 4Ac to be bother with
mr supra
Regular

July 2002

Re: Carby Question Fri, 30 August 2002 09:18 Go to previous message
the accelerator pump only does anything when you accelerate, as motors need to be richened to do so. I don't think that messing with this is going to do a great deal for you.
If its anything like the carby off the 21rc they tend to just shit themself for no apparent reason. Get a good one from a wrecker and plonk it on, most have a warranty of some kind so if it doesn't do what you want take it back.

The guys are also right about the more petrol thing, if you can't use it all then you are just going to bog the motor, use fuel like a commonwhore and be better off racing with a treadly. If you wanna get more in there why not try another bigger carby? I dunno if it would go on but the weber off the xe-xf falcon is pretty good and should drown the 4ac nicely!
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:How long should an engine conversion take???
Next Topic:Toyota ??? Vs Nissan FJ20 Turbo
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon May 20 06:59:26 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.004000186920166 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.