Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Fattony
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Ra23 clutch master Mon, 12 April 2004 02:45 Go to next message
Well while i was under the dash yestersday i had noticed that my clutch master is on its way out, before i go and replace it with a rebuilt std one, i was just wondering if anyone out there knows of a replacement item of another toyota that might prove to be better.
  Send a private message to this user    
celicaboy
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Ra23 clutch master Mon, 12 April 2004 06:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it isnt that it wil be better it will be cause it is new and will last a while.. only way it will be better is if the piston inside it bigger.. it will make it lighter to press... if you want that you can rebuild the one you got.. get bigger piston for it and bore it out.. that is all it wil be if it is better all clutch master cylinders wear out if you are after one that wont wear out
Fattony
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Ra23 clutch master Tue, 13 April 2004 02:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I was just thinking that while i had the clutch master out, if there was an item with a larger bore piston that would go in easy i would more than most likely put it in, but if no1 knows of any interchagable items i will just get the std master rebuilt and maybe see if i can put a bigger bore and piston inside.

Cheers
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: Ra23 clutch master Tue, 13 April 2004 02:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the clutch master shouldn't normally leak thru to the cabin first - the rear seal on the master has to be stuffed as well as the actually cylinder for this to happen

are you getting fluid leaking thru to cabin? mine have normally leaked down the engine firewall (removing paint as they went) first.

i think you can get new parts for both slave and master from ABS.

there would be little benefit from a larger master cyl - you'd probably find you don't have enuf clutch pedal movement - or you push the slave cyl out too far.
M.W.P.
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Ra23 clutch master Tue, 13 April 2004 04:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I didnt have any leaking into the engine bay, but had lots into the cabin.

After trying to dissasemble my clutch master it was easy to see it wasnt a repairable item.

I bought a new one from repco for ~$25.
Fattony
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Ra23 clutch master Wed, 14 April 2004 08:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmm clutch pedel travel is something important to consider, i have not had any fluid wreck my paint on the firewall asyet so i doubt it is leaking from there but i do know its comming into the cabin. M.W.P. how did you get a new master that cheap, i found that they were close on the $40 mark from repco, maybe they just didnt like the tone in my voice, out of interest was it trade price you got it for.
HighRolla
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: Ra23 clutch master Wed, 14 April 2004 08:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I rang up Repco when I needed one for my corolla $200 + I was quoted (can't remember exact) Shocked ... they must have farkin hated the tone of my voice Evil or Very Mad , I lost all tone after they told me that (didn't buy there of course). Try and get a half decent brand or buy from a decent brake and clutch place. I just had to replace mine again because of a faulty part, they swear they've never had one returned before though Confused Get some good Dot 4 brake fluid from kmart or somewhere and you should be laughing. When you take the old one out note where clevis is positioned on the thread and rotate it on your new one till they are the same i.e if happy with clutch adjustment. You probly know that Rolling Eyes
Fattony
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Ra23 clutch master Thu, 15 April 2004 07:35 Go to previous message
Haha rotating the clevis is something i had not condisered, would have prob thought of it just thought of it as i got the clutch master in the car and it being in the hardest possible position to adjust.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:3TGTE Auto Gearbox Will it fit my Cressida ?
Next Topic:cutting down diff cost?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun May 19 10:19:17 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0054569244384766 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.