Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Accelerator cable in a TA22?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Accelerator cable in a TA22? Mon, 12 April 2004 09:05 Go to next message
I asked this question a few years ago but at the time no one had really done it Rolling Eyes
Anyone has anyone does this successfully?
This is how I was thinking of doing it:
I have an RA40 pedal which I have fitted, but the rod at the top is a just a little to short to feed the cable through the standard linkage hole in the firewall. So what I was thinking was, Remove the bonnet release cable and feed it through the old accelerator linkage hole. This will now leave me a small hole in the firewall which is in the perfect position for the new accel cable! Does that make sense? Confused Rolling Eyes
  Send a private message to this user    
Grega
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002

Re: Accelerator cable in a TA22? Mon, 12 April 2004 09:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
prolly not much use to you shane, but, i cut the top off an ra65 pedal and welded it to my ta22 one and the cable is perfect for my gas research tb.
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Accelerator cable in a TA22? Mon, 12 April 2004 09:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So your using the standard flappy pedal?
Grega
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002

Re: Accelerator cable in a TA22? Mon, 12 April 2004 10:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yup sure am dude (with the top harf of a ra65)

[Updated on: Mon, 12 April 2004 10:01]

Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Accelerator cable in a TA22? Mon, 12 April 2004 10:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i got an accelerator cable kit from redline , that was inteded for use with twin solexes or webers .. 10 mins and a bit of bugerising about and it was in using the standard pedal , mounts etc ..

ive heard of sigma ones being used too shane ..

Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Accelerator cable in a TA22? Mon, 12 April 2004 10:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Man I hate that flappy pedal Confused
munki
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Accelerator cable in a TA22? Mon, 12 April 2004 10:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Classique71 wrote on Mon, 12 April 2004 20:05

i got an accelerator cable kit from redline , that was inteded for use with twin solexes or webers .. 10 mins and a bit of bugerising about and it was in using the standard pedal , mounts etc ..

ive heard of sigma ones being used too shane ..

just wondering where u purchased this kit?
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: Accelerator cable in a TA22? Mon, 12 April 2004 14:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You'll probably find the standard TA22 return spring on the pedal assembly will be too heavy for a cable setup. I have always simply replaced the whole accelerator setup with a cable pedal set, it's easily done.
coronamark2
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Accelerator cable in a TA22? Tue, 13 April 2004 03:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message

i used the peddle out of a camry i just bolted the thing in (had to drill new holes for it to fit right and used a cable out of a cressida.

works a treat i hate the old "flappy peddle"

i can crank the heel toe action to Very Happy

celicaboy
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Accelerator cable in a TA22? Tue, 13 April 2004 11:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i just used one of the links from the linkage setup that adapted onto my std ra40 pedal i soldered it onto the end of the cable.. works well Smile wondering how i soldered it? i bent the end of the cable and fed it through the link till it stuck out the side of the hole on the side of the link then wrapped it a lil bit ont eh outside then soldered it there then filled the hole where the cable enters into the link with solder.. it is very stong and have never snapped and i am hard on the pedal
Andy_H
Regular

October 2003
Re: Accelerator cable in a TA22? Wed, 14 April 2004 07:58 Go to previous message
dont know how i did it but i just used a ra65 pedal in my ra28, i used some of my original parts and made it bolt straight in.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:extra injector questions
Next Topic:4agze Wiring help
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 29 15:09:34 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.10522985458374 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.