Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Interstate Cruises and Events » Western Australia » Toymods Easter 2005 - WA Trek

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Toymods Easter 2005 - WA Trek Tue, 13 April 2004 13:35 Go to next message

================================================== ==============

Update Feb 2005.

No longer heading over for Toynats.
Now just heading over for Toymods Easter weekend

================================================== ==============

Ok, this is just a curiousity thread.

JustCallMeFrank and I WILL be driving over to Dubbo next year for the ToyNats, and I'm just curious who else would be interested in joining our contingent.

We'll be looking at leaving the week before, taking 3-4 days to drive to Sydney, and coming back a few days after The Nats finish.

All up it will probably be a 2 week trip.

Anyone else interested in coming?

[Updated on: Wed, 02 February 2005 07:08]

Send a private message to this user    
jackel
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: ToyNats 2005 - WA Trek Tue, 13 April 2004 15:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
maybe never been out of this great state Rolling Eyes

what month is it on and how many days is it on for?
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: ToyNats 2005 - WA Trek Tue, 13 April 2004 15:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Easter weekend, starts Sat morn, and finishes Sun nite, but that could change for next year (ie. longer)
jackel
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: ToyNats 2005 - WA Trek Tue, 13 April 2004 15:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how much do you think it'll cost all up for like fuel there and back, accomidation, tickets, food/drinks everything like that?

would like to go really much just gotta convince some friends to join the roadtrip Very Happy

[Updated on: Tue, 13 April 2004 15:34]

coronamark2
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: ToyNats 2005 - WA Trek Wed, 14 April 2004 01:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message

id be up for it, will we go down any roads with no speed limit Very Happy (im sure theres some in australia)

nah it would be cool have to bring a few spare parts though, just in case.

as jackel said where would we stay and stuff?
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: ToyNats 2005 - WA Trek Wed, 14 April 2004 02:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Interested, however would either take my time getting there or coming back (sightseeing - I'm not driving there and back just for "Toynats"! Recently done the nullabor trek, so if you want any info, let me know?

Clint
SprinterBoy
Regular

January 2004
Re: ToyNats 2005 - WA Trek Wed, 14 April 2004 06:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HI guys, just to give you an idea on places to stay, everybody usally stays at the matilida, at a cost of 50bucks per night or you can stay at the barraks with us at 16bucks per night, more fun!!!
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: ToyNats 2005 - WA Trek Wed, 14 April 2004 13:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
They're talking about places to sleep on the way there and back.

As for that, I'm not sure, but I'm sure there are oodles of ppl out there (like Clint) you have made the journey and are happy to give out info.

As for making a trip of it, I was thinking, leave Sat morn (weekend before Easter) take 3 or so days to drive to Sydney, spend a few days sight seeing. Then head to Dubbo on Friday morning with the rest of the Sydney Toymodders.
Do the Toynats thing until monday, and then head off.

Whether we go back to Sydney, over to Melbourne, up to Brisbane, home via Alice Springs is something we can decide as the date gets closer.

But either way I would be taking 2 weeks off work, leave on Saturday morn before Easter, and getting back either Saturday or Sunday after Easter.

This also has the benefit of having to only take off 8 days instead of 10. So maybe we leave a day early, and get back a day later and take the full 10 days?

You knows, this is just and EOI.

As I said, Nathan and I WILL be making this journey next year, regardless of others, but as the saying goes, "The More The Merrier." Everyone just needs a 2 way radio (which we can purchase from The Witzl)

Oh, and Adam, I dont think we'll hit any open speed limit roads unless we go further into NT. But that said, if you don't max out your car at least once across the Nullabor, you need bigger balls.

As for costs, the trip there and back (to Dubbo via Sydney) would be about 10000km (give or take sight seeing), so at an average of $1 per litre, and a cars cruising avg of 10L/100km, thats $1000 just for fuel there and back.
Dubbo accomodation is $90 per double/triple per night
ToyNats is $65 from memory
Then you have accomodation there and back, and while not at Dubbo, so you decide there, but I'd assume it would be about the same as Dubbo if we stayed in Motels, and even less if we braved it in tents

So I'd estimate a good $2000ish for a comfy 2 week journey per car. But remember, you have a friend/partner with you.
I'd don't think we'd let anyone drive over by themselves.

But as I said above, "The More The Merrier."

EDIT: I got my figures a little better this time

[Updated on: Fri, 16 April 2004 13:49]

CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: ToyNats 2005 - WA Trek Thu, 15 April 2004 01:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrUZsida wrote on Wed, 14 April 2004 21:26

take 3 or so days to drive to Sydney

if you don't max out your car at least once across the Nullabor, you need bigger balls.

But remember, you have a friend/partner with you.
I'd don't think we'd let anyone drive over by themselves.

I'd suggest 4-5 days to get to Sydney, it's surprisingly long and you grow more tired as the days progress, resulting in shorter days on the road. In driving from Melbourne to Perth, we took ten days, sightseeing along the way too. 4-5 days would be comfortable and wouldn't wipe you out for the first couple of days in Sydney.

I'd suggest the cops around Balladonia would love to talk to you, they're greedy bastards, did a U turn on me twice trying to catch me speeding after legging it off into distance!!! They failed.

Yep, to do the trip over there in 4-5 days, you'd need two people in the car, not only to share the driving, but also keep you moving with conversation, ...

Clint
coronamark2
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: ToyNats 2005 - WA Trek Thu, 15 April 2004 02:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Yeah sounds good, need some good tunes and a nice sub to keep you going. Would we stay at like a road house or would we go the malcom douglas style and go bush?

What kind of preperation would your car need or should i say spares? Very Happy

some 2 way radios would be sweet do you pick up trucker frequencies?
celica28
Regular

May 2002
Re: ToyNats 2005 - WA Trek Wed, 21 April 2004 03:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just to clarify costing of hotel accommodation at the Matilda Motor Inn. I stayed there with 4 others in a room and it cost us $61 per person for 3 nights. That works out to be just over $20.00 per night per person. THe added advantage is you don't have to clean your car each time you come into town from "The Barracks".
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: ToyNats 2005 - WA Trek Wed, 21 April 2004 09:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
And the whole place is booked out with Toyota Nationals people.
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: ToyNats 2005 - WA Trek Tue, 07 September 2004 11:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Any further plans or developments for the WA sortie?
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: ToyNats 2005 - WA Trek Tue, 07 September 2004 11:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nope. Still keen, still gotta have a car though. CrUZsida will kick my arse until the car is finished though.
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: ToyNats 2005 - WA Trek Wed, 08 September 2004 00:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, I'm still in if the posse is keen
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: ToyNats 2005 - WA Trek Wed, 10 November 2004 07:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok, time for an update and a bump to the top.

As it stands at the moment, me and the missus have holidays from 19th March 2005 to 3rd April 2005 (Easter weekend is 25th-28th March).
So I'm definately going.

Due to the current fuel price, I'd be expecting an extra 20-30% increase in fuel bills, so factor that in.

At this stage, I plan to leave on Saturday the 19th, and return prolly Saturday the 2nd, or Sunday the 3rd.

As we all know the ToyNats have been moved to Tamworth for next year, so an extra 4hr journey is required, but hey, whats 4 hours after 40?

Who is with me?
jackel
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: ToyNats 2005 - WA Trek Wed, 10 November 2004 09:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
not being on a long roadtrip myself i wouldn't know the costs?

any basic outline at what we would be looking at?

$1000 good enough?
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: ToyNats 2005 - WA Trek Wed, 10 November 2004 11:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It will all depend what you're driving. Its about a 10000km round trip, work out your average fuel consumption for a long trip, then add a bit and that'll give you your fuel. I worked out about $1000 worth of fuel for the XX with a 1GGTE.

That said, work will be the limiting factor for me going.
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: ToyNats 2005 - WA Trek Wed, 10 November 2004 12:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I would put aside 1000-1200$ for fuel, and about the same for accomodation, food, and fun!
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: ToyNats 2005 - WA Trek Wed, 10 November 2004 14:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Due to time constraints, I'm considering flying over, sight seeing and "Nating", then flying back, in a two week timeframe.
Brendan
Occasional Poster

October 2004
Re: ToyNats 2005 - WA Trek Thu, 11 November 2004 10:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I don't know if this info will help much, but we did a Summernats run back in 2000, 2 cars 6 guys.

We couldn't be stuffed staying at road houses (and if I remember correctly, they can cost up to $75 a night) so we went straight through to Adelaide non stop (had to stop for fuel of course). We just rotated the drivers every 4-5 hours and hence made Adelaide in 26 hours. Saved a few days doing it this way as the last thing you want to be doing is sit in a car for 2-3 days.

This could be an option, just need the other seats filled - plus it also cuts down the fuel costs aswell.
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Toymods Easter 2005 - WA Trek Wed, 02 February 2005 07:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok, just finding out who else is interested now that time is getting closer.

I have the week before, and the week after Easter off work.

At this point in time me and me girl are still planning on driving over to Sydney.

ToyNats is no longer the reason for going.

We will just be going for the Toymods Easter weekend.
I'm sure there will be updates in the next few weeks as to exactly what will happen.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Toymods Easter 2005 - WA Trek Wed, 02 February 2005 09:22 Go to previous message
Whether I'm going will depend on whether I get a job. Fingers crossed.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:***SPOTTED*** TOY CSX
Next Topic:A12 OPEN INVITE MEGACRUISE Saturday 29th January
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 15:22:27 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0046670436859131 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.