Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Gronk
Occasional Poster

April 2004
MR2 1997 Bathust Edition Wed, 07 April 2004 01:46 Go to next message
Hi,

im very close to buying a Mr2, dont know much about them, are they reliable? and high maintainence? it a NON turbo.

also is it hard to put a system in it with the limited space?? like subs and on?

thanks
  Send a private message to this user    
KOFFEE-BLACK
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: MR2 1997 Bathust Edition Wed, 07 April 2004 02:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Its a toyota, course its reliable!

ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: MR2 1997 Bathust Edition Wed, 07 April 2004 03:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Reliable yes.
High maintenance no.
Hard to put a system in yes. Almost all the room in an MR2 is filled with something necessary for the car to run. Its not the best starting point for a system.
But its a great starting point for a 3S-GTE (turbo)conversion.
Mitch.
MR. 2
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: MR2 1997 Bathust Edition Wed, 07 April 2004 03:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
correct me if im wrong but isnt the 97 the one with the vvt the 150kw motor???

either way u can put a system in depending if its targa or not.... even if it is u can still have subs behind the seat and put the t tops in the boot of something like that... have a mate that does this the system sounds sweet its not a big system either....
Gronk
Occasional Poster

April 2004
Re: MR2 1997 Bathust Edition Wed, 07 April 2004 04:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks guys,

I dont want a turbo as i want it to last and of cause lower maintainence.

yes it is a targa top.

just want to cruise in it with less hassels as possible.
Gronk
Occasional Poster

April 2004
Re: MR2 1997 Bathust Edition Wed, 07 April 2004 04:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh and another question,

besides the rear lights, and the clear front indicators and wheels, is there any difference in anything else from the normal GT model?
Senor_2
Regular

September 2003
Re: MR2 1997 Bathust Edition Wed, 07 April 2004 04:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If ur talkin about Aussie model 2's, 94 and up the Bathurst was the 'normal' model, the GT was the optioned up version. Before 94 there was only one model available, which had the different lights, wheels, wing etc to the one ur lookin at buying.
As for the vvti 3sge, it was unfortunately never locally available (dammit!)
Gronk
Occasional Poster

April 2004
Re: MR2 1997 Bathust Edition Wed, 07 April 2004 05:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks senor 2.

so the GT models are better then Bathurst model.

what is the difference in the interior side of things? and i have seen some with spotties and some dont have on the front bar...which models did and which models didnt?

i also gather that the targa is more expensive too?
Senor_2
Regular

September 2003
Re: MR2 1997 Bathust Edition Wed, 07 April 2004 05:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No worries, glad to help out another (future) 2 owner.
Basically the Bathurst was a 'base' model, Toyota wanted it to be a bit lighter than normal, trying to target it at ppl that would occasionally take it on the track, although pretty much every Bathurst u find for sale would have some kinda option. The differences with the GT (most available as options on the Bathurst) are fog lights, ABS, leather interior, uprated stereo, storage bin between the seats, umm thats all i can remember at the moment, i think LSD was standard on both (?). There was a $14k price difference between the two models in 98 Shocked.
All models sold in Aus were targa as well.
._T_.
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: MR2 1997 Bathust Edition Wed, 07 April 2004 06:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lsd was stock on the bathurst, option on the gt.

apparenlty one beams sw21 got into australia - the very last one imported

T
levos1
Regular

March 2003
Re: MR2 1997 Bathust Edition Wed, 07 April 2004 06:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Yeah man!! MAD CARS!
i bought mine about 4 months ago,
i have the 96 Bathurst, goes well, but doesnt have the foggies (DAMN!)
or the storage bin! yeah they are hella race! hehe!
i have had to replace the clutch on mine so far. other than that it has been really good!
got a K&N filter, they breathe so low! i pull some mad looks!!

what colour is the one you are looking at??
Gronk
Occasional Poster

April 2004
Re: MR2 1997 Bathust Edition Thu, 08 April 2004 05:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the one i want is a black one..that is my first choice of colour, but over all i would like to have one that is in good condition inside/out if i can.

MR. 2
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: MR2 1997 Bathust Edition Thu, 08 April 2004 06:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nice black... i think they look nicest in black but im bias.... if ur getting a 97 one i would expect that it would be in good condition and well maintained... considering there price tag new!
Gronk
Occasional Poster

April 2004
Re: MR2 1997 Bathust Edition Mon, 12 April 2004 22:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah black is nice indeed....i went out looking at other MR2's and ive also found out that ALL of them never come out with power steering standard??????

how hard is it to turn???
MR. 2
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: MR2 1997 Bathust Edition Tue, 13 April 2004 07:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i found this one out the other night to LOL i was fortunet enough to buy a mr2 gt turbo...
i get
power everything

and just to rub it in a bit more factory
leather seats
tape cd radio + std 7spk incl sub behind passanger seat (no shit)
climate control
t - tops

i prolly should stop there LOL

seriously though i think some of the mr2 na (aus spec) come with ps but i know all of the bathurst ones didnt come with it but the others had options!
Matt20v
Regular

September 2003

Re: MR2 1997 Bathust Edition Tue, 13 April 2004 10:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dude the mr2 is a mad car get it there so cool with the power steering its not that hard and when your doing 110+ its good not to have it gives you s bit more feel of the road. about the stereo we have got an 10inch amp in a custom box plus amp tweeters 2*6" 2*4" and it sounds really good thanks to the small cabin so yeah i think you will be right with putting a nice stereo cheers if you get post some pics would be great to c cheers matt
Gronk
Occasional Poster

April 2004
Re: MR2 1997 Bathust Edition Tue, 13 April 2004 22:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok guys...thanks all of you for your input and info...

i finally have put a deposit on a 1995 Mica Green Bathurst MR2 with all the GT spec options (without power steering though)this car is immaculate inside out.

the black one i was looking at..1997 model was been hit front and back and was in a bad state.

once i get the car im shopping for wheels...Payless tyres told me i can go 265/35/18 rear and 225/40/18 front...is that right?? it just seems a bit too wide for me...(bear in mind i do want the fatest size i can get) oh and it will be lowered 2 inches with Kings springs
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: MR2 1997 Bathust Edition Wed, 14 April 2004 00:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I thought the MR2 GT was turbo? Or is that the japanese MR2 GT and australia got some non-turbo GT?
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: MR2 1997 Bathust Edition Wed, 14 April 2004 01:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
265 width tyres are HUGE
levos1
Regular

March 2003
Re: MR2 1997 Bathust Edition Wed, 14 April 2004 13:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Sup boys!
finally got sum good stats on the MR2 Bathurst!! ayae yayee!

OK!

129Kw as apposed to the genII motor with 117Kw
and that equates to 175BHP.

Nice one B*rad(heheh sorry man watched Malibu's most wanted on the weekend) we know u got the leather! and the climate!

and i want ur sub!! eheheh!!

but u didnt get the circle lites from the factory! oooh!!
hehe!!
looks sick tho man!

i have said it before and i will say it again! but lets get the MR2 boys together for a mad cruz!

MR. 2
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: MR2 1997 Bathust Edition Thu, 15 April 2004 04:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah im up for a cruse i have more time on my hands these days!
levos1
Regular

March 2003
Re: MR2 1997 Bathust Edition Thu, 15 April 2004 10:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah man
u hitting up the city this weekend??
if so i mite wake my MR2 up!
take him out 4 a cruz!!
MR. 2
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: MR2 1997 Bathust Edition Thu, 15 April 2004 12:04 Go to previous message
no not this weekend
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Mounting in tank pump out of tank?
Next Topic:Cracked 18RG dizzy plate
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun May 5 20:08:49 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0067110061645508 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.