Toymods » Tech & Conversions » DIM (did it myself): shift boot

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
midnight
Regular

November 2003
icon10.gif  DIM (did it myself): shift boot Mon, 12 April 2004 08:40 Go to next message
http://upload.3sgtemr2.com/upload/boot2.jpg

not bad for half an hours work eh, the suede leather is so soft I could sleep on it Very Happy

Going to make a new emblem as that one went abit cloudy.

[Updated on: Mon, 12 April 2004 08:41]

Send a private message to this user    
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: DIM (did it myself): shift boot Mon, 12 April 2004 08:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
With those sewing skills you will make someone a good housewife one day Laughing
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: DIM (did it myself): shift boot Mon, 12 April 2004 08:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
want to make another one? black suede?

Very Happy
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: DIM (did it myself): shift boot Mon, 12 April 2004 09:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WTF??? Ed thought your are going the bare-assed interior look? something about perhaps a neat interior more liked by female's changing your mind?

Allan
Grega
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002

Re: DIM (did it myself): shift boot Mon, 12 April 2004 09:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nice one....need to do same for my ta22...
midnight
Regular

November 2003
Re: DIM (did it myself): shift boot Mon, 12 April 2004 13:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I could make more boots but each car is different and the boots are attached differently.. so getting a good fit would be difficult..

for instance my aw11 mr2 boot is sewn onto a metal frame that clips into the center console from underneath, If I just make boots the same size and send em out alot of people would complain about the size or how to attach them, even tho they'd fit fine on an mr2..
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: DIM (did it myself): shift boot Mon, 12 April 2004 14:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hrm if only i was in sydney we could measure up the 86.. Rolling Eyes

any 86 drivers over there interested? coz i would really love one of these, just need to let midnight have a look at an 86 boot

cmon someone! Very Happy
STR8 2.8
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: DIM (did it myself): shift boot Mon, 12 April 2004 14:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that looks wicked..
ma61's are the same with the metal frame, do you reckon you could make me n ed ones in black if the frame sizes were the same?

[Updated on: Mon, 12 April 2004 14:30]

ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: DIM (did it myself): shift boot Mon, 12 April 2004 14:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Allan wrote on Mon, 12 April 2004 19:20

WTF??? Ed thought your are going the bare-assed interior look? something about perhaps a neat interior more liked by female's changing your mind?

Allan

yeah, i am, but having a few nice bits around doesnt hurt either
midnight
Regular

November 2003
Re: DIM (did it myself): shift boot Tue, 13 April 2004 10:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok ive dyed an offcut black,gotta let it dry, I'll let you guys know how it turns out...

I suppose I could make boots if theyre frame type.. it prob invole me bending a coathanger to make the frame tho Shocked lol
STR8 2.8
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: DIM (did it myself): shift boot Tue, 13 April 2004 10:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what if i mail my frame to you Very Happy
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: DIM (did it myself): shift boot Wed, 14 April 2004 09:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
look ill mail my whole 86 to you! plz make me one! Sad
midnight
Regular

November 2003
Re: DIM (did it myself): shift boot Wed, 14 April 2004 10:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I guess I could make em if I was sent the frame.

The dye didnt work too well with the leather so i'll need abit of time to source some black suede.
shindeokure
Regular

September 2003
Re: DIM (did it myself): shift boot Wed, 14 April 2004 12:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have 2.5mē of fake black suede which i was going to use to make a cover for my recaro seat ..too bad i don't have time to sew up gear boots for everyone Laughing
the ae86 boots it would be more complicated as you'd have to fabricate something to mount it to.. you'll know what i mean if you take a look at how the standard boot sits on the console.
ozboy
Regular

February 2004
Re: DIM (did it myself): shift boot Wed, 14 April 2004 12:32 Go to previous message
can you do seats aswell??? i got some stock TA22's that could do with a reupholstering Laughing
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:More capacity = more torque.... Engineering/sci reasoning?
Next Topic:uneven tire wear !!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri May 10 15:24:07 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.007155179977417 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.