Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Special Ed
Regular

November 2003
JT Racing Pics Tue, 13 April 2004 00:24 Go to next message
If anyone has any pics or Vids of any of the "JT Racing" cars, ESPECIALLY the Navara ute, could you please contact me....

yojimbo@tpg.com.au

We will make it worth your while.

Thanks
Heaps

Send a private message to this user    
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: JT Racing Pics Tue, 13 April 2004 00:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Did you want the one where the ute had its arse handed to it by Norbie?
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: JT Racing Pics Tue, 13 April 2004 00:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laughing
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: JT Racing Pics Tue, 13 April 2004 00:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
2J Powah!
Special Ed
Regular

November 2003
Re: JT Racing Pics Tue, 13 April 2004 04:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah thats the one - or any others.

BTW were you racing Norbie ?? - Jamie was just doing a 2nd gear start 1/8th mile burnout.

He lets the lesser cars in the group do the racing.

8.66 from my stock turbo 1j, full interior 1700 kg Mk3 on street tyres.

Perhaps we should have lined up.

justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: JT Racing Pics Tue, 13 April 2004 04:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Haha, sure sure, talk it up. Not bad considering Norbie had already stripped gears from two gearboxes and was "babying" his car. Laughing
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: JT Racing Pics Tue, 13 April 2004 04:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

BTW were you racing Norbie ?? - Jamie was just doing a 2nd gear start 1/8th mile burnout.

He lets the lesser cars in the group do the racing.

Not judging by the way he was "discussing" his car's performance saturday arvo! Razz

A win's a win, excuses are just that.
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: JT Racing Pics Tue, 13 April 2004 06:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matt, I've got photos of most of the cars running in the afternoon. The camera was away in the morning while I was doing the qualifying runs.

I'm going to try and sort through all the pics when I get home and start getting them online. I'll post up some links when I can.
EMP-2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: JT Racing Pics Tue, 13 April 2004 08:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
matt, my photos are up in the gallery, feel free to use them Smile
Special Ed
Regular

November 2003
Re: JT Racing Pics Wed, 14 April 2004 01:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks guys,

BTW did anyone get pics or vids of my burnout ?

my camera was in the wrong place to get more then 1 pic without total whiteout.

EMP-2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: JT Racing Pics Wed, 14 April 2004 01:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah i had the same probelem Very Happy
celicamad
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: JT Racing Pics Wed, 14 April 2004 13:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sorry guys but why does everyone assume that people where racing head to head especially in qualifying .

my best time i sat on the line for about 1/2 a second and was beat by a 3tgte ......who cares best time on the day wins .

if your trying the perfect launch its much easier to take your time getting the perfect rpm launch ,this can be hard in an auto .thats what qualifying is all about

i tried about 4 or 5 differnet launches

Grudge racing was for head to head

considering Jamie ran 8.44 and norbie 8.80 the rest is dick pulling

making excuses is pissweak Norbie ran a BEST of 8.80 only 0.02 slower than last year .

My car ran 8.82 last year because of bad exhaust ,poor choice of tyres and presssures and a dicky HKS fcd .
my car was poorly prepared and i paid the price

Norbie was happy to claim victory last year i was happy to accept that

GET OVER IT he GOT chopped up bad .Im sure hell be back but as you all just said a lose is lose just as a win is a win

saying he was trying not to break his gearbox is a toss .
jamie already broke a gearbox and a 9 inch diff less than a week ago

The only reason that car is not lightning quick is traction .
this was its first run EVER. on OLD slicks with hard lowered suspension ........Jamie couldnt use more than 3/4 throttle ANYWHERE on the track .......BUT he didnt make any excuses
he said i quote ..."we will just have to get it sorted and come back next year with stage 2"

sure Jamie talked his car up .But dont worry hell be back

after that he bolted on STOCK tyres and was trying a 2nd gear burnout. he was asked to do by ME for the video as was MATT

PLEASE do not bring dyno figures into this Jamies ute pulled 462 H.p@wheels 344 kw on hills dyno on pump fuel at 20 psi .

the top ten times will be on the nats webpage in a few days time

EMP-2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: JT Racing Pics Wed, 14 April 2004 13:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
T O S S A
celicamad
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: JT Racing Pics Wed, 14 April 2004 13:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
heheheee what did your car run .truth hurts huh!! Twisted Evil
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: JT Racing Pics Wed, 14 April 2004 13:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wow, where did all this come from? I don't recall anyone saying my car was faster than Jamie's ute. I certainly didn't!

Comments like this:
Quote:

saying he was trying not to break his gearbox is a toss

are rather poor form... how many times prior to the event did I say how fragile my drivetrain is and how I'll be taking it easy? Let's not forget I've broken two gearboxes in the past few months and I had to drive my car back to Brisbane the following day! I'm not trying to make any excuses here, I ran what I ran and I'm very happy with the results I got, but your thinly veiled accusations are somewhat disappointing.

In summary, the Supra is a low-budget shit-tin I literally slapped together in my backyard, the Navara has the resources of a performance workshop behind it and as expected it was a lot faster, and the times prove this. The whole day was a lot of fun, I know I had a blast, and no-one should be taking things so damn seriously! Smile
EMP-2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: JT Racing Pics Wed, 14 April 2004 14:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
amen Laughing
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: JT Racing Pics Wed, 14 April 2004 23:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Norbie wrote on Wed, 14 April 2004 23:53

Wow, where did all this come from? I don't recall anyone saying my car was faster than Jamie's ute. I certainly didn't!

Comments like this:
Quote:

saying he was trying not to break his gearbox is a toss

are rather poor form... how many times prior to the event did I say how fragile my drivetrain is and how I'll be taking it easy? Let's not forget I've broken two gearboxes in the past few months and I had to drive my car back to Brisbane the following day! I'm not trying to make any excuses here, I ran what I ran and I'm very happy with the results I got, but your thinly veiled accusations are somewhat disappointing.

In summary, the Supra is a low-budget shit-tin I literally slapped together in my backyard, the Navara has the resources of a performance workshop behind it and as expected it was a lot faster, and the times prove this. The whole day was a lot of fun, I know I had a blast, and no-one should be taking things so damn seriously! Smile

Totally agree!

wish i could have made it but my diff didn't even last 45minutes at powercruise let alone a drive to dubbo and back!
celicamad
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: JT Racing Pics Thu, 15 April 2004 01:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Norbie

i think you misunderstand what im saying

i dont doubt you have had gearbox problems

im saying you or anyone listing excuses is a toss .

i have a list of problems that everyone had
321cya had ignition problems (i believe) and a trans brake issue

dave mcneil has pcv issues .dumps 1/2 a litre in the catch can in one day .causing detonation issues he had to run 4 psi less than previous

My own auto is giving problems with massive shudder on launch
a rebuild is almost certain and about $2000

etc etc
we run what we run on the day end of story

Quote:

Did you want the one where the ute had its arse handed to it by Norbie?

maybe YOUR not saying it but a few others seem to think you can beat Jamie and others

four people have passed comments directly to me asking why you didnt get a trophy

as i have explained on numerous occasions
best time on the day wins .
This is not a Proffesional drag racing event . Running This way gives competitors a chance to try different launch technniques,tyre pressures ,boost levels etc

im sorry if i seem a bit harsh but we all had to listen to shanes excuses last year and frankly it was beyond a joke

Please come back next year with a new gearbox and kick but ......thats what the event is all about .

i admit the format made it all a bit confusing
we are already looking at a new format next year

it basically should have worked this way

qualifying is your chance to run your best time without having to worry about reaction time .etc

then top eight etc was meant to be a bit of fun and determine who has the fastest cars
and the idea of dial in was so that people could have the chance to race on an even level much faster cars

grudge racing was for those that wanted to run head to head .
Or they could have done this also in qualifying if they organised it with the other driver .

suggestions for next year for drag racing will be posted later

Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: JT Racing Pics Thu, 15 April 2004 03:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Back on topic, Matt - My drags photos are up at: http://www.luc1d.net/other/toy_nationals_04/sunday /

There's a few of you guys in there but unfortunately I didn't get everything I would've liked to. Let me know if you want to use any of them for anything. Smile
1gt48u
Regular

April 2004
Re: JT Racing Pics Thu, 15 April 2004 05:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
congrats to the JT boys
consistent quick times from the whole crew is very impressive considering this is the first outing as a group Smile

everyone had their fair share of probs during the weekend
but that only makes you try harder next time Cool
Special Ed
Regular

November 2003
Re: JT Racing Pics Thu, 15 April 2004 11:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Munch Munch GT4 for lunch...

VID HERE
Special Ed
Regular

November 2003
Re: JT Racing Pics Thu, 15 April 2004 12:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stock Twins Versus Big Single Turbo...

Why bother ? hehehe

CHOP
celicamad
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: JT Racing Pics Thu, 15 April 2004 23:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
heheeee

the old cessida with stock twins still matched andy on the day
i wont even bring up average times Twisted Evil

Stuey was the only big single to chop me ....dare i mention slicks !!!.NAAA a win is a win .well done stu

i'll post some vids on my and the nats webpage should be up by tonight .

good one of the Cressida pulling a second gear chirp that lasted long enough to produce a little smoke from both tyres

Not bad for an auto .( is shane reading this ?)8.58,8.58 Twisted Evil

awesome footage of me racing Jamie's ute . he ran about 8.44 but holy shit it was bucking and weaving and swerving .could hear him off and on the throttle .

Cant wait to see it run with traction
Special Ed
Regular

November 2003
Re: JT Racing Pics Thu, 15 April 2004 23:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey I wouldnt have posted it if i didnt smack the single too.

You can hear Stewy's laugh as confirmation on the vid.

Dont worry Andy I wont bring this up again Rolling Eyes Cool
1gt48u
Regular

April 2004
Re: JT Racing Pics Fri, 16 April 2004 04:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
[quote title=Special Ed wrote on Thu, 15 April 2004 21:17]Munch Munch GT4 for lunch...

Laughing Laughing
yeah nice vid
but red ones are faster Razz
3t-RA40
Regular

May 2002
Re: JT Racing Pics Fri, 16 April 2004 05:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matt you should be carefully showing a video of yourself munching one of the event organizers cars. Your entry for next year may get lost or rejected. Shocked
I'm sure Dave was going for a time just like Paul was when I nailed him on my second run. Twisted Evil
And come on Troy, Dave steps of his clutch at 6 grand, would you? and tell the truth. Twisted Evil

[Updated on: Fri, 16 April 2004 05:53]

celicamad
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: JT Racing Pics Fri, 16 April 2004 10:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
actually i fucked up and smoked first gear BAAAD.so you can have that one

but i have footage of my first run in drive with only 2400 rpm stall ...chop ,chop was that three or four car lenghths i smashed you by Laughing Laughing Twisted Evil ..and i missed the start
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: JT Racing Pics Fri, 16 April 2004 13:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
for the out of towners, would you be able to tell me who is racing in the pics and which one has the single turbo?

I obviously picked out the GT4 Razz

This is really making me want to go next year!
captain chaos
Occasional Poster

April 2004
Re: JT Racing Pics Sat, 17 April 2004 01:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so much for those "hot shit" $500 tyres paul Laughing
celicamad
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: JT Racing Pics Sat, 17 April 2004 11:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
$570 tyres actually!!!!!thats a lot for a daily driven car that only gets 5000 klms out of a set of tyres.

hmm last year 8.82 this year 8.58 (with wheelspin) damn i knew i should have got the 245/55/16.....chunky!!! currently 225/55/16

no other mods from last except new boost controller .
The guy that sold it to me reckons they are the ducks guts Rolling Eyes

i will say this though anyone looking for mid priced high performance tyres the new Yokahama avs vs102's are s...t...i...c...k..y .

hey who r u anyway captain chaos

captain chaos
Occasional Poster

April 2004
Re: JT Racing Pics Sat, 17 April 2004 15:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lets just say i could feel your car pinging on the way home... Rolling Eyes
celicamad
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: JT Racing Pics Sun, 18 April 2004 01:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hehehee ah yes i didnt recognise you with your clothes on Rolling Eyes

god damn bugs clogged the intake ,radiator and was low on fuel
...hot engine like 105 degrees,hot fuel ,no air . lucky i didnt blow it up
ae86 Drifter
Regular

January 2004
Re: JT Racing Pics Sun, 18 April 2004 12:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how come is see all these members from newcastle,but never see the cars on the streets of newie.just my question Confused
captain chaos
Occasional Poster

April 2004
Re: JT Racing Pics Sun, 18 April 2004 13:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
driven daily to work and back (400km per week). if you are referring to the "foreshore", then no you wont see a lot of the quicker newcastle cars there. you may see a lot of slammed hondas with ironing boards draped across the boot and no front bars though... Laughing Laughing Laughing
3t-RA40
Regular

May 2002
Re: JT Racing Pics Mon, 19 April 2004 01:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
celicamad wrote on Fri, 16 April 2004 20:14

actually i fucked up and smoked first gear BAAAD.so you can have that one

but i have footage of my first run in drive with only 2400 rpm stall ...chop ,chop was that three or four car lenghths i smashed you by Laughing Laughing Twisted Evil ..and i missed the start

What, 3 or 4 car lengths. I need to get some glass like yours Cool . They must have been fogged up from you concentrating on the start line (sound like an excuse to me). Think of it this way, I got beat (I hate that chop, chop saying) by a grandpa car Confused and you beat a car smaller in capacity, running less boost, with dunlops that are 5 years old and smaller than your Yokahamas (god dam those things look nice, I think they'll be on the celica soon, are they realy that sticky?) and a stupid single legger diff Twisted Evil . That's enough excuses for one post. Very Happy
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: JT Racing Pics Mon, 19 April 2004 04:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
these are at pretty high res, so a warning to the dial-up orientated....

http://www.rollamods.com/witzl/nats%2004%20drags/T oynats%20Drags%20074.jpg

http://www.rollamods.com/witzl/nats%2004%20drags/T oynats%20Drags%20019.jpg

i got more, but linking them sux.
celicamad
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: JT Racing Pics Mon, 19 April 2004 12:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i never said i could drive .oviously i dont have too Very Happy

yeah yokis are good but could be better but i havnt played with pressure's yet .

Still alot better than 539's i was loosing traction in 1st gear in drive with 3/4 throttle before . now a little spin but couldnt gain anymore .

still cant get full 2900 rpm launches that i was getting before i lowered it. the brakes will hold it easy but as soon as i let it go it just frys em .

with an lsd and stickys the celica will be MUCH quicker .
if you want you can bolt up the wheels from the red celica and have a play .If you like the tyres i'll sell em to you CHEAP cause i want to put 10" on the back now and add some serious rubber .

PS the only thing stopping the red one being finished is the seat belts Rolling Eyes

why dont you see our cars in newy .mate i could have driven past you 45 times and you would still think it was a bog stock mx83 Cressida with whinnie the poo sunshields .
seriously though we simply cant be bothered with foreshaw floggers.
3t-RA40
Regular

May 2002
Re: JT Racing Pics Mon, 19 April 2004 23:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If pressure changes with the Yokis don't work you might have to go a slick, or semi slick tyre to get the traction you need.
The tyres from your celica would be no good for me anyway, they'd be as old as my tyres already and there 16in were as my rims are 17in.
Will talk to Grant today about the seat belts. I will even help you install them, then we can go for a drive together straight after (no playing with my tits this time). Very Happy
captain chaos
Occasional Poster

April 2004
Re: JT Racing Pics Wed, 21 April 2004 13:34 Go to previous message
you see, the seat belts are stopping the red celica from being finished 'cause they are the locking mechanism for the shed, in which all the running gear is hidden. Razz but seriously (bahaha) i cant wait to race it at its maiden run - the 100th annual toyota nationals! Very Happy
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Toyota Nationals - Feedback & Suggestions for Next Year
Next Topic:Im comin to melbourne
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu May 16 13:29:28 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0057740211486816 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.