Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » The Outhouse » What will you do with 7 weeks paid holiday?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
jackel
Forums Junkie

August 2003

What will you do with 7 weeks paid holiday? Thu, 15 April 2004 17:22 Go to next message
Just Found out from work that there forcing me to go on holidays Very Happy
I got 7 weeks of paid holidays and have got no good ideas of what to do with them.

Any Ideas Very Happy
  Send a private message to this user    
coronamark2
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: What will you do with 7 weeks paid holiday? Fri, 16 April 2004 00:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message

take a holiday? Laughing

nah maybe go up north or if your feeling rich go to bali

or maybe do the thing deep down inside you know you want to do sit at home and get pissed and fck with your car.
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: What will you do with 7 weeks paid holiday? Fri, 16 April 2004 01:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Work on your car!!! Very Happy
SetMeFree
Forums Junkie

December 2003
Re: What will you do with 7 weeks paid holiday? Fri, 16 April 2004 01:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mmmmmmmmmmm 7 weeks of paid holiday.............. i know what id do Razz (maybe i shouldn't say or ill get banned)
Lambolica
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: What will you do with 7 weeks paid holiday? Fri, 16 April 2004 01:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
spend the first week trying to work out some get rich quick scheme, then the following 6 weeks trying to pull it off.

strip the car, respray, engine conversion. Cool that's whet I'd do.
jackel
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: What will you do with 7 weeks paid holiday? Fri, 16 April 2004 13:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well i would go the engine conversion but i got no halfcut Confused , but stripping down the car and respraying it wouldn't be to bad to waste a week or two Very Happy

still found out i get another four weeks holidays added to my time off in july Razz

anyone jealous yet? Very Happy
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: What will you do with 7 weeks paid holiday? Fri, 16 April 2004 14:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey, I've got an idea!

How's about you fly over to Canberra and pretend to be me between the hours of 9am-5pm for 7 weeks?! Doesn't that sound good?!?!
jackel
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: What will you do with 7 weeks paid holiday? Fri, 16 April 2004 15:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if you get good money and i get it, then yep you got a deal Very Happy
Eddo
Occasional Poster

April 2003
Re: What will you do with 7 weeks paid holiday? Fri, 16 April 2004 17:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so you have a total of 11 weeks paid holidays. that's pretty sweet.

i'm a uni student, i get the summer off, about half the winter and the odd 2 weeks within semesters. though its unpaid, 1 coz you don't get paid to go to uni, usually and 2 i've yet to find a part time job. eh, i'll just keep on looking. Smile
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: What will you do with 7 weeks paid holiday? Sun, 18 April 2004 07:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Firstly, I'd just like to say you a**hole...

And secondly, work on the car...
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: What will you do with 7 weeks paid holiday? Mon, 19 April 2004 00:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i just took 1 week paid holiday where i was meant to go into a 3d job then got screwed around.. i was gonna take all of it.. but then all the conversion stuff came up so i couldnt... ive still got 4 weeks left of it..
11 weeks would be jesusly good... how much do u get each week?
as everything said.. do a conversion
if u have the money
Ozzie
Regular

December 2003
Re: What will you do with 7 weeks paid holiday? Mon, 19 April 2004 09:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Find snow. Go.
Cressida Chick
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: What will you do with 7 weeks paid holiday? Mon, 19 April 2004 12:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
buy a portable gps and go walkabout!!!!!!
Cyber-punk
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: What will you do with 7 weeks paid holiday? Mon, 19 April 2004 12:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eddo wrote on Sat, 17 April 2004 03:03

so you have a total of 11 weeks paid holidays. that's pretty sweet.

i'm a uni student, i get the summer off, about half the winter and the odd 2 weeks within semesters. though its unpaid, 1 coz you don't get paid to go to uni, usually and 2 i've yet to find a part time job. eh, i'll just keep on looking. Smile

not sure about you sydney folk
but i know my brisbane mates who go to uni get roughly 26weeks a year holiday
not including the "bludge" exam blocks they get Razz
SetMeFree
Forums Junkie

December 2003
Re: What will you do with 7 weeks paid holiday? Mon, 19 April 2004 17:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A little idea.... why not take the missus on a little trip???? (thats if there is one).

nothing beats watching the missus cook in a foreign area.
John K
Regular

August 2003

Re: What will you do with 7 weeks paid holiday? Tue, 20 April 2004 05:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I tell you what I would do.

"NOTHING"

Sit on the couch all day long watch TV, Drink, Scratch my nuts.

When you get bored of that, do what ever pops in your head.

After your holidays, I would still do the same, when your boss rings up just hang up on him.

When the bills stars coming just rip'em up and in the bin they go.

I get my insparation from "OFFICE SPACE" Best movie ever.

Laughing
jackel
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: What will you do with 7 weeks paid holiday? Tue, 20 April 2004 11:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i'm only working parttime so i get a few hundred each week.
I got no misses to go on a trip with Sad

Might be able to do any engine conversion, my friend said he'll give me his 1g and everything out of the engine if i do a 1jz conversion for him, hey i got no problem with it Very Happy

oh and sitting on my ass and just watching tv ain't very fun even tho i got foxtel digital Razz

[Updated on: Tue, 20 April 2004 11:26]

Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: What will you do with 7 weeks paid holiday? Tue, 20 April 2004 11:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jackel wrote on Tue, 20 April 2004 21:24

Might be able to do any engine conversion, my friend said he'll give me his 1g and everything out of the engine if i do a 1jz conversion for him, hey i got no problem with it Very Happy

oh and sitting on my ass and just watching tv ain't very fun even tho i got foxtel digital Razz

pirate lots of pc games
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: What will you do with 7 weeks paid holiday? Mon, 26 April 2004 03:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jackel wrote on Tue, 20 April 2004 21:24

whats a few hundred, do u live at home, i.e. what recurring bills do u have, is the payout a lump sum

i'd hook into the 1jz convo, fuck that off and then start the corona build
SetMeFree
Forums Junkie

December 2003
Re: What will you do with 7 weeks paid holiday? Mon, 26 April 2004 06:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
buy an ounce, fill your room up with munchies, lock the door and smoke yourself straight. It's what id do...... especially now... damn life sux
jackel
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: What will you do with 7 weeks paid holiday? Mon, 26 April 2004 12:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
$250 week part-time
live in my mums house but she don't live here, pay her $50 a week usual bills each month pay less then $50 for each of them

i don't know if i get a lump sum pay out I HOPE I DO!!!

don't think i'll go a 1jz more 1g

i'm not a pot smoker so that'll save me money Smile
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: What will you do with 7 weeks paid holiday? Tue, 27 April 2004 02:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1g would definately save you money
Draza
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: What will you do with 7 weeks paid holiday? Tue, 27 April 2004 14:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i don't think that u will get a lump sum as they will probally give it to u as u would normally get ur pay.

have u thought about getting a good tan?
Cressida Chick
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: What will you do with 7 weeks paid holiday? Wed, 28 April 2004 08:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what about climbing the bridge??
jackel
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: What will you do with 7 weeks paid holiday? Thu, 29 April 2004 17:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
missrolla wrote on Wed, 28 April 2004 16:10

what about climbing the bridge??

what bridge Confused i'm in perth

i'm been told that i get it all in a lump sum, not a good idea cause i spend money quickly Very Happy

i was thinking of getting another job? Smile
Cressida Chick
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: What will you do with 7 weeks paid holiday? Fri, 30 April 2004 09:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laughing Laughing
sorry
isn't there a bridge to climb over there? what about rock climbing? or hot air balooning? that would be cool!!
wraith
Regular

October 2003
Re: What will you do with 7 weeks paid holiday? Fri, 30 April 2004 11:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
come down to albany, a mate of mine will probly let you live in a caravan cheap, work at the abbotoir here nightshift, collect $600 clear a week. sound good?
jackel
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: What will you do with 7 weeks paid holiday? Fri, 30 April 2004 16:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
abbotoir? whats that
would i need any experience?

$600 a week ain't bad at all Very Happy

i might be getting a job with my roommate for a few months if i can, that pays about $500 a week
wraith
Regular

October 2003
Re: What will you do with 7 weeks paid holiday? Sun, 02 May 2004 04:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Abbotoir: chop up dead sheep. Start work around half 3 in the arvo, work through to 1ish (I was in loadout, we knocked off 2-2:30 & got overtime, hence a bit more cash). No exp. reqd, just have to pass a urine test.
Cressida Chick
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: What will you do with 7 weeks paid holiday? Sun, 02 May 2004 06:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wraith wrote on Sun, 02 May 2004 14:15

Abbotoir: chop up dead sheep. Start work around half 3 in the arvo, work through to 1ish (I was in loadout, we knocked off 2-2:30 & got overtime, hence a bit more cash). No exp. reqd, just have to pass a urine test.

Interesting job. If you don't need experience how long does it take u to actually do your own sheep ?
wraith
Regular

October 2003
Re: What will you do with 7 weeks paid holiday? Wed, 05 May 2004 07:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The concept is pretty simple: You have a production line with around 50? 70? guys working on it, the sheep go past on a chain and you do whatever job they want you to do with it, ie: cut brisket, trim, suck out the fat, remove bile sac from liver etc. Thats slaughter floor, go into cold cut and they basically chop the carcass into legs, ribs, etc and box them. Loadout is getting the boxes into the plate freezer, stacking frozen boxes on pallets and loading containers. Bit off topic, but hey....
Cressida Chick
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: What will you do with 7 weeks paid holiday? Wed, 05 May 2004 07:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shocked nice
I wonder if the seven weeks are up already?
jackel
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: What will you do with 7 weeks paid holiday? Wed, 05 May 2004 10:36 Go to previous message
havn't started my holidays yet just figuring out when a good time to take them would be Very Happy

its gonna be hella boring if i can't figure out anything good. Still thinking of getting another job, looking around. Otherwise i could take them when i go back to tafe, might be the best Smile
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:what is up with the Auto Trader/Trading Post
Next Topic:Using the galleries
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 10:13:45 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0098891258239746 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.