Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Cruises and Events » Weight Watchers Cruise -----8TH JUNE!!!!!! SATURDAY

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
toyseca
Regular

May 2002
Weight Watchers Cruise -----8TH JUNE!!!!!! SATURDAY Wed, 22 May 2002 08:07 Go to next message
MEETING AT BULL AND BUSH CARPARK AT 8:00AM, LEAVING BY 8:30 - NO LATER

after months of planning, the toymods team have come up with a day off weighing yourself, well your car actually. This will be held in conjunction with the dyno day! This day will give u an exact scale of what your car weighs and the dyno will provide the power, in turn it will give you your power/weight ratio!

I have found a Public Weighbridge that we will hold our weigh day! tis will be roughly a 30min drive from our Monthly meeting location, details on exact address will not be given out until the day! so sshhh!

The cost of the weigh would be $15.00 plus $1.50 (gst). The date will be around 8th of June! only a few weeks away!

After the weighing is done, we will cruise up the road and have a winter BBQ, so please bring your meat and a ball and it will be a top day!

Any questions please contact me :

simon@toymods.org.au

[Updated on: Sun, 09 June 2002 05:00]

Send a private message to this user    
Singlecam
Regular

May 2002
Re: Weight Watchers Cruise Wed, 22 May 2002 09:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How much would a run on the dyno cost? I'm interested in doing a dyno run and a weigh in.
toyseca
Regular

May 2002
Re: Weight Watchers Cruise Wed, 22 May 2002 10:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
For info on the dyno day please see upcoming events page!
faulksy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Weight Watchers Cruise Wed, 22 May 2002 13:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sounds a bit dear just to weight a car
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Weight Watchers Cruise Wed, 22 May 2002 14:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just to clarify. The weight watchers cruise and Dyno day are on Seperate days but the idea is to take the info from both days to get your cars power to weight.

Faulksy,

Unfortunatly mate that is the best we could do. I beleive it also gives the front are rear weight split which is a good thing to know !

faulksy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Weight Watchers Cruise Wed, 22 May 2002 14:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I guess you only ever have to get your car weight once and the information we come in handle for as long as you have the car
BigWorm
Forums Junkie

Toymods Board Member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Weight Watchers Cruise Wed, 22 May 2002 15:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just out of curiosity, do we get the little weigh bridge certificate for the 15 bucks?
troyboy
Regular

May 2002

Re: Weight Watchers Cruise Thu, 23 May 2002 01:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
why so expensive??? Nope

it should cost like $11 Nod

i got mine weighed only last week

[Updated on: Thu, 23 May 2002 01:59]

YOGI8U
Regular

May 2002

Re: Weight Watchers Cruise Thu, 23 May 2002 03:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
840kg with 330hp! (on nos)
work that out for us!
thanks!
Norm
Regular

May 2002

icon9.gif  Re: Weight Watchers Cruise Thu, 23 May 2002 04:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Now now Yogi,

No one likes a smart arse No No No

Jake might be doing this Twisted Evil soon!!

Cheers Norm.
TOY77
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Weight Watchers Cruise Thu, 23 May 2002 06:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Got mine weighed 3 weeks ago,for engineering,for $5, in newcastle.

Have you done much lightening yogi?

mine weighed heaps more than that!!!

Stew
toyseca
Regular

May 2002
Re: Weight Watchers Cruise Thu, 23 May 2002 07:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gees, i just cant please some people, first i get complaints that you all wanted a weight watchers cruise, now u are all saying its too expensive!!!! whats 16.50? really? if you dont want to go, then dont, but this is an official club event, and im taking up my time to organise this event! if someone can come up with a cheaper place, please get it to me by saturday!

simon@toymods.org.au

HyEnA^
Occasional Poster

May 2002

icon4.gif  Re: Weight Watchers Cruise Thu, 23 May 2002 09:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Heya Simon,
Have you tried to get a price or the Weigh Centre on the freeway on the way to Newcastle (Mt White).

Jus an idea

Patrick
BigWorm
Forums Junkie

Toymods Board Member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Weight Watchers Cruise Thu, 23 May 2002 09:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
and another question, is this a weigh bridge that can give a front/rear ratio?
HyEnA^
Occasional Poster

May 2002

Re: Weight Watchers Cruise Thu, 23 May 2002 10:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OH yeah, silly me.

Never thought of that

Patrick
toyseca
Regular

May 2002
Re: Weight Watchers Cruise Thu, 23 May 2002 11:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the cruise is central to most people, i would like to hold it down here somewhere if possible! remember u have till saturday!
BigWorm
Forums Junkie

Toymods Board Member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Weight Watchers Cruise Thu, 23 May 2002 11:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Patrick, I wan't refering to the weigh bridge you're suggesting, I was refering to the weigh bridge that's already been organised.....
Simon?

Re: Weight Watchers Cruise Thu, 23 May 2002 11:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HOLY SHIT !!!

with a full tank of gas and a few cd's I would weigh nearly twice that of yogi !!

But Yogi do you have climate air and power EVERYTHING

[Updated on: Thu, 23 May 2002 11:52] by Moderator

thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

icon6.gif  Re: Weight Watchers Cruise Thu, 23 May 2002 12:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Guys,

The places that weigh trucks on the side of the and the like are generally not as acurate and are not able to give front and rear splits. They are use to weighing 24 tonne at a time not 1 tonne at a time. The lighter the weight the harder it is to get an accurate reading. That being said think of the weight bridge a bit like a Dyno. A great comparison if you use the same one on the day but treat different results from different weigh bridges with a grain of discretion.

Why a front and rear split ???

This to my way of thinging is more inmportant than the total weight. It gives your weight distribution to the treads and therefore provides cruicial info as to the needs of your cars suspension to acheive the handling you desire.
A stock TA22 for xample has a "Better" split than a Stock RA23 according to the comparisons on the day. Not sure what the Optimum split is !

Does anybody know ??

BigWorm
Forums Junkie

Toymods Board Member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Weight Watchers Cruise Thu, 23 May 2002 12:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
50/50 I'm pretty sure. Or even, 25/25/25/25 at each corner, including the weight of the driver.
Race cars are usually made lighter than the legal limit so that they can add weights to different corners of the car to 'tune' the weight distribution, while still coming in at the lowest legal weight.

I reckon my cars weight distribution should be much better than standard, with a smaller lighter engine, I guess the extractors would be a few kilos less than the cast manifold (although its performance qualities aren't so easy to pick), battery moved from the very front of the car to the very back, plus it's a much bigger/heavier battery, tool box and fuel pumps & surge tank in the boot..........
I'm really keen to find out.
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Weight Watchers Cruise Sun, 26 May 2002 06:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Yogi...840 KGS !!!!

What did it weigh AFTER you put the engine back in hehehe

You gunna bring it up to get a measurable reading ? If we all use the same weigh bridge than we can actually compare acurate power to weigh ratios after the Dyno day ! Smile
Johnny
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Weight Watchers Cruise Sun, 26 May 2002 08:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well If I knew earlier, The club could of used the weigh brigde at work, and cut the cost dramatically ... BBQ on site, heaps of room, need a few chairs, tables, etc. All I needed to know was in advance to book it in on a day where not working. And best of all, all that had to be done was ring the boss (ME!)

Johnny
YOGI8U
Regular

May 2002

Re: Weight Watchers Cruise Sun, 26 May 2002 09:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
O.K then...
the Celica weighs 4.5t....now leave me alone...
Also its not good for me to drive to Sydney, when i can get one in Shellharbour $5.50
Sorry its bad economics!
might(hope to) see you at the dynoday!
DannyGT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods Board Member

May 2002

Re: Weight Watchers Cruise Sun, 26 May 2002 11:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Johnny wrote on Sun, 26 May 2002 6:45 PM

Well If I knew earlier, The club could of used the weigh brigde at work,

ooooo interesting... we had been talking about this for a while johnny... where have you been hiding??

lol Razz

if the offers still open e-mail the board with some details maybe we can hook something up Smile

board@toymods.org.au
Johnny
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Weight Watchers Cruise Sun, 26 May 2002 11:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

where have you been hiding??

Work!! lol Grin that and getting my car right Wink

Quote:

if the offers still open e-mail the board with some details maybe we can hook something up

Will do... I just have to check out when it's a quite day, most likely a Sunday.

troyboy
Regular

May 2002

Re: Weight Watchers Cruise Sun, 26 May 2002 13:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
toyseca wrote on Thu, 23 May 2002 5:21 PM

Gees, i just cant please some people, first i get complaints that you all wanted a weight watchers cruise, now u are all saying its too expensive!!!! if you dont want to go, then dont, but this is an official club event, and im taking up my time to organise this event!

que the violins and gimmie a box of tissues.... Sad

Geez Man take it easy!
We all know u are going into your own time and all but Simon... stop taking things so personally...
I said it was expensive for what it was... Just like when the X-Box came out.. i said "Damn! That's expensive... Just making a statement.. nothing more, nothing less... I'm not complaining.... See you there... Very Happy
DannyGT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods Board Member

May 2002

Re: Weight Watchers Cruise Mon, 27 May 2002 05:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
troyboy wrote on Sun, 26 May 2002 11:08 PM

Just like when the X-Box came out..

lol have u seen the price of these now? the ppl that were the first to buy them must feel like idiots Razz

...don't forget guys this will be a cruise as well... so if u don't want to weigh your car you don't have to... just come along for the drive

Smile

[Updated on: Mon, 27 May 2002 05:33]

troyboy
Regular

May 2002

Re: Weight Watchers Cruise Mon, 27 May 2002 07:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DannyGT4 wrote on Mon, 27 May 2002 3:32 PM

lol have u seen the price of these now? the ppl that were the first to buy them must feel like idiots Razz

not exactly Danny ....

All that bought it... (My mate got the first one is Australia - in Newspapers and everything).. but they got some sort of reimbursment... a game and controller... (to bring the buy price to the new $399 .. so they didnt loose....

Now what company does that? Try asking SONY for a reimbursment... pft... never is the response
troyboy
Regular

May 2002

. Tue, 28 May 2002 13:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No Message Body

[Updated on: Fri, 31 May 2002 00:48]

EMP-2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Weight Watchers Cruise -----8TH JUNE!!!!!! SATURDAY Fri, 31 May 2002 00:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so where is this fabled bush and bash car park??
even tho my car got done this week
920kg... well it was 1000kg but i went home and stipped it of everything
drained the full tank of fuel ect Smile
hehe
toyseca
Regular

May 2002
Re: Weight Watchers Cruise -----8TH JUNE!!!!!! SATURDAY Sat, 01 June 2002 06:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Bull and Bush is located at the corner of Windsor rd And Old Northern Rd Baulkham hills!
RAV-GT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

icon2.gif  Re: Weight Watchers Cruise -----8TH JUNE!!!!!! SATURDAY Sat, 01 June 2002 18:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Be thankful you don't have to weigh your cars up here - it's $20 + GST per car, but I think the emphasis is mostly for trucks as it's a "Public Weighbridge", but it's in the entry to the local tip. ARGH

8th of June is like next weekend... I'll be in down there then, but I'm there for my brother-in-law's birthday, it's a family-thing and I highly doubt I'll be there before 8:30am.

If someone could let me know via email where we're going to be ending up at the end of the day, I just might be able to swing by for a visit. Very Happy

Cheers.
Kookinen
Occasional Poster

May 2002

icon12.gif  Re: Weight Watchers Cruise -----8TH JUNE!!!!!! SATURDAY Sun, 02 June 2002 14:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ummm... not for a big group, but if u want to weigh ur car I know where u can do it for *free*...
In sydney, simply goto ur nearest waste management centre! They weigh ur car before and after to tell how much waste u've unloaded, and charge accordingly. BUT it's free if ur only doing recyclables, eg. old engine oil, batteries, etc...

To my surprise, my sprinter was actually 1100kgs with me & full tank of gas...

Anyway, just some info for future reference - u should all goto the weight watchers cruise day for the fun and cruise! Razz
Darola
Regular

May 2002
Re: Weight Watchers Cruise -----8TH JUNE!!!!!! SATURDAY Mon, 03 June 2002 12:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hi there, so whats happening exactly about this, i would love to go Smile

Darola
toyseca
Regular

May 2002
Re: Weight Watchers Cruise -----8TH JUNE!!!!!! SATURDAY Tue, 04 June 2002 06:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ATTENTION ALL, IT IS THIS SATURDAY! BRING YOUR OWN MEAT FOR A BBQ AFTER THE WEIGHING OF CARS! I NEED EXACT NUMBERS, PLEASE REPLY IF U ARE GOING, IF U ARE NOOT GOING DO NOT REPLY!
BigWorm
Forums Junkie

Toymods Board Member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Weight Watchers Cruise -----8TH JUNE!!!!!! SATURDAY Tue, 04 June 2002 07:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I will be there (a bit bleary eyed Yawn Sleep , but there none the less) but I would still like to know if we will get a front/rear comparison?

Oh, and does anyone mind if I bring some poey chili kebabs? Laughing
Pumpkin
Regular

Toymods Board Member

September 2002
Re: Weight Watchers Cruise -----8TH JUNE!!!!!! SATURDAY Tue, 04 June 2002 09:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll be there!!! Count me in!!
Mr 20Valve
Regular

May 2002
Re: Weight Watchers Cruise -----8TH JUNE!!!!!! SATURDAY Tue, 04 June 2002 09:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
toyseca wrote on Tue, 04 June 2002 4:50 PM

ATTENTION ALL, IT IS THIS SATURDAY! BRING YOUR OWN MEAT FOR A BBQ AFTER THE WEIGHING OF CARS! I NEED EXACT NUMBERS, PLEASE REPLY IF U ARE GOING, IF U ARE NOOT GOING DO NOT REPLY!

just be sure to remove the meat from your car before weighing it... it wouldnt do you justice to have an extra few kilos worth of snags added on to your cars weight figure now, would it? Very Happy
[mikey]
Regular

May 2002

Re: Weight Watchers Cruise -----8TH JUNE!!!!!! SATURDAY Tue, 04 June 2002 11:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mine weighed in at around 1100kg with 260ish hp.
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Weight Watchers Cruise -----8TH JUNE!!!!!! SATURDAY Tue, 04 June 2002 11:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bigworm,

I am told it definatly has a front and rear Split ! Smile
BigWorm
Forums Junkie

Toymods Board Member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Weight Watchers Cruise -----8TH JUNE!!!!!! SATURDAY Tue, 04 June 2002 11:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NICE!!!! Rolling Rolling Rolling Rolling hehehe
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Weight Watchers Cruise -----8TH JUNE!!!!!! SATURDAY Tue, 04 June 2002 12:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Joel,

I'm stinging to see how yours and Joes compare ! Recent figures ssuggest you should be around 22KG lighter due to the 4AGE ! Can't wait to get some actual figures Smile

RAV-GT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Weight Watchers Cruise -----8TH JUNE!!!!!! SATURDAY Tue, 04 June 2002 13:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm in - later on in the day I'll be there, but I'll be showing up. Smiley =
ae86trueno
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Weight Watchers Cruise -----8TH JUNE!!!!!! SATURDAY Tue, 04 June 2002 22:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Im a comming..
I need to know if my car is underweight
As of last year CAMS changed the Weights for Production Rally Cars and my car needs to be a minimum of 920Kg, so im curious to see if its under..

It wont be much fun cruising for me towing a 1.5 ton car and trailor Rolling Rolling Rolling Rolling

Ben
AE86 Trueno 4AGE.
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Weight Watchers Cruise -----8TH JUNE!!!!!! SATURDAY Wed, 05 June 2002 01:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I should be there.. Had a weigh ticket recently but that was before I removed the stereo gear.. Interesting to see how much less it weighs now.
Mr 20Valve
Regular

May 2002
Re: Weight Watchers Cruise -----8TH JUNE!!!!!! SATURDAY Wed, 05 June 2002 07:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sorry guys, cant make it...

ill be busy thrashing around Oran Park on Saturday... Very Happy
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Weight Watchers Cruise -----8TH JUNE!!!!!! SATURDAY Wed, 05 June 2002 07:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is anyone going from the Central Coast? I'm not sure where the meeting place is and thought I could meet up with someone along the way. Let us know!
Joel
SW20R
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: Weight Watchers Cruise -----8TH JUNE!!!!!! SATURDAY Wed, 05 June 2002 08:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
non financial toymods members allowed?

ill bring some bread and sausages!
HSV_gal
Regular

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Weight Watchers Cruise -----8TH JUNE!!!!!! SATURDAY Wed, 05 June 2002 09:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm trying to convince Bandit to come but i will try and be there either way. Rolling
toyseca
Regular

May 2002
Re: Weight Watchers Cruise -----8TH JUNE!!!!!! SATURDAY Wed, 05 June 2002 10:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
along with all events, toymods car club accepts any car or person to its events, so everyone is welcome!
RAV-GT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Weight Watchers Cruise -----8TH JUNE!!!!!! SATURDAY Wed, 05 June 2002 14:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Joel - I'm coming from the Far North Coast, and I could say I'll meet up with you along the way. But I'm leaving on Friday morning to get into Sydney by early afternoon, and it's an 8½ hour drive in good traffic. Rolling Eyes When are you leaving from Terrigal Question
SW20R
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: Weight Watchers Cruise -----8TH JUNE!!!!!! SATURDAY Thu, 06 June 2002 11:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
anybody in blacktown/penrith area wanna lead directions hehe?
i kinda know howto get there..

im comming from rooty hill way.. so i would go through blacktown/doonside then parklea way..

which is the best way from there?
RAV-GT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Weight Watchers Cruise -----8TH JUNE!!!!!! SATURDAY Thu, 06 June 2002 12:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Goddamn, it's right at your back doorstep - follow Sunnyholt Rd up North to the intersection of Old Windsor Rd, follow OWR and the signs to the park - simple. Nod
SW20R
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: Weight Watchers Cruise -----8TH JUNE!!!!!! SATURDAY Thu, 06 June 2002 12:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BigFella_73 wrote on Thu, 06 June 2002 10:34 PM

Goddamn, it's right at your back doorstep - follow Sunnyholt Rd up North to the intersection of Old Windsor Rd, follow OWR and the signs to the park - simple. Nod

/flame jacket on

i only got my p's this year and i havent been exploring much

but ill be there! hehe

[Updated on: Thu, 06 June 2002 12:49]

whiteGZE
Regular

May 2002

Re: Weight Watchers Cruise -----8TH JUNE!!!!!! SATURDAY Thu, 06 June 2002 16:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No Message Body

[Updated on: Thu, 06 June 2002 18:05]

thug_immortal
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: Weight Watchers Cruise -----8TH JUNE!!!!!! SATURDAY Fri, 07 June 2002 01:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey,

im interested on commin... i reckon my sprinter would weigh less wid a bent door n no drivers side mirror what u think? Freak

well neway, 8.00am... its a bit early aint it? im from the campbelltown area so how long u reckon would take to get there? Razz

hpe y adont mind a beaten up stockie sprinter taggin along...long...long way behind!!!! N watch out for the double demerits! Wink
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Weight Watchers Cruise -----8TH JUNE!!!!!! SATURDAY Fri, 07 June 2002 01:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Bigworm, are you going? Maybe I can meet up with you along the way somewhere and follow?

Thanks
Joel
SW20R
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: Weight Watchers Cruise -----8TH JUNE!!!!!! SATURDAY Fri, 07 June 2002 01:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
umm guys..?

Bull & Bush Hotel
378 Windsor Rd Baulkham Hills NSW 2153

Or
Bull & Bush Hotel
Cnr Windsor & Seven Hills Rds Baulkham Hills NSW 2153
toyseca
Regular

May 2002
Re: Weight Watchers Cruise -----8TH JUNE!!!!!! SATURDAY Fri, 07 June 2002 07:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
both the same, but use the bottom one just incase, cnr windsor rd seven hills rd
BigWorm
Forums Junkie

Toymods Board Member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Weight Watchers Cruise -----8TH JUNE!!!!!! SATURDAY Fri, 07 June 2002 08:05 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Hey Joel, how about 7:30am at Thornleigh Maccas?
I might even get there a bit early, & grab some brekky.

If anyone else is passing through that way at about that time, fell free to join us.
Pages (2): [1  2  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Next Meeting?
Next Topic:So whats it gunna be this weekend ?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 14:07:11 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.010231018066406 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.