Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Needed, vac hose diagram/help for late 3TGTE

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Anthony Kellam
Regular

July 2002
Needed, vac hose diagram/help for late 3TGTE Wed, 24 March 2004 00:33 Go to next message

I was wondering if anyone has a vaccuum hose diagram for a late model 3TGTE (TA63 Carina GT). Mainly interested in where the 3 pressure switched plumb in. Did have it all still connected but the exhaust shop decided they were in the way and ripped everything off Sad

There is also a VSV under the intake near runner 3 and another VSV along firewall above exh cam. these two are obviously not as critical as the pressure switches. Common sense says to go with the plenum but theres a nipple before the TB as well...

Will start trialling some stuff but if anyone has some info that would be great Smile Thanks.
  Send a private message to this user    
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: Needed, vac hose diagram/help for late 3TGTE Wed, 24 March 2004 02:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
All three pressure switches use vacuum/boost pressure to control fuel delivery and timing. Any vacuum port will suffice, there plenty around the throttle body. You will need to ensure a good earth for these switches, this is a common problem with aftermarket installations and the unit not working correctly. Depending on the size of the exhaust, you may also like to disconnect the vacuum line to the overboost fuel cut sensor, as many larger exhausts will over run the wastegate and naturally give a higher boost reading - my advice if you do this is to fit a boost guage and tell the owner not to go above 10psi on moderate or cool days, and less on warmer days.

I've never run with the VSV valve that is connected to the firewall, and never had a problem with not running it. The VSV at the back of the inlet manifold runners is connected to the sensitivity adjuster for the power steering
Anthony Kellam
Regular

July 2002
Re: Needed, vac hose diagram/help for late 3TGTE Wed, 24 March 2004 02:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Thanks - much appreciated.

No clues on the vacc barb located on the inlet pipe immediately before the throttle then? I guess it wouldn't hurt to use this for one of the switches as they are positive pressure sensing only arent they?

Anthony.
Johnny Blade
Regular

May 2003

Re: Needed, vac hose diagram/help for late 3TGTE Thu, 15 April 2004 20:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what about the pressureswitch that's connected to the knock ECU?
Is it simular as one of the other switches?
Anthony Kellam
Regular

July 2002
Re: Needed, vac hose diagram/help for late 3TGTE Thu, 15 April 2004 22:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well all three switches are similar in the way that they have a single wire in and ground this wire to earth when active.

Therefore the body of the switch needs to be well earthed to the chassis.
Johnny Blade
Regular

May 2003

Re: Needed, vac hose diagram/help for late 3TGTE Fri, 16 April 2004 14:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes i did know that but in what pressure does it switch?
Anthony Kellam
Regular

July 2002
Re: Needed, vac hose diagram/help for late 3TGTE Fri, 16 April 2004 15:43 Go to previous message
from memory the pressure switch shared between ecu and knock control switches at 2 psi.

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:AE86 kevlar / carbon fibre parts ???
Next Topic:Weight of T-series diff
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 22:41:08 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0048668384552002 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.