Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » Even bigger mistake!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
SUPRAGTE
Forums Junkie

May 2002
icon8.gif  Even bigger mistake! Wed, 28 August 2002 11:58 Go to next message
What can happen on a Sunday afternoon drive. Nope
Guy's dont ever let your friends drive your cars. Ever!

http://supragte.freewebspace.com/images/writeoff.jpg

Send a private message to this user    
SUPRAGTE
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Even bigger mistake! Wed, 28 August 2002 12:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Actually if anyone knows where a nice red MA61 shell exists could they please email me.

It would help in my darkest hour.

gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Even bigger mistake! Wed, 28 August 2002 12:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dude, that's no good. Nope
manipulate
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Even bigger mistake! Wed, 28 August 2002 12:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ARGH ARGH ARGH
man that would sting

once again....my condolences

but hey.....make the next one with more beef !! Grin
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Even bigger mistake! Wed, 28 August 2002 12:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Holy shit Shocked How did that happen? Neutral Were you insured?
biggav
Regular

August 2002
Re: Even bigger mistake! Wed, 28 August 2002 12:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cry OUCH - bad luck dude Sad
SUPRAGTE
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Even bigger mistake! Wed, 28 August 2002 12:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Happened sunday on the cruise, no insurance and $9800 still opwing on the loan for it.
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Even bigger mistake! Wed, 28 August 2002 12:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No insurance? Ouch! I'm very sorry to hear that mate! What did you friend have to say?
CrAiGzEE
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Even bigger mistake! Wed, 28 August 2002 13:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
frig!!! man i seen your car on the megacruise sick as

sorry to hear it

is the bloke still your mate??

what he do to cause this damage?
HooN
Regular

May 2002
Re: Even bigger mistake! Wed, 28 August 2002 16:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
good bloody god....
kill the fooker if he doesnt cough up for HIS fooked up driving.
No actually, take organs and sell them, might speed up the repayments.

Sam
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Even bigger mistake! Wed, 28 August 2002 22:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is that friend or should it be ex-friend...
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Even bigger mistake! Thu, 29 August 2002 05:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ARGH Shocked

that beautiful car... ruined! sacrelige
well, I assume this friend is going to be paying you off, as he gets the money for the (expensive-looking) repairs.

had a quote on the damage yet?
and the only red MA61 shell I've seen around was in worse shape than yours.. by a lot
SUPRAGTE
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Even bigger mistake! Thu, 29 August 2002 05:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It's a write off, cant be repaired. Soon see what happens, if he's a friend or not. Money not time will tell.
HSV_gal
Regular

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Even bigger mistake! Thu, 29 August 2002 06:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MAN.... i'm sorry to see that.... I know the feeling about not letting friends drive your car... after one of mine wrote off mine a few monthes ago.. Cry Cry Cry
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Even bigger mistake! Thu, 29 August 2002 06:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fark.. I don;t know how someone could do that. whenever I drive my friend's cars (or any car I dont own) I'm always extra careful. I may speed a little here and there, but I make sure I'm not going to do anything at all to the car (I save that sort of driving for my celica Smile)
CrAiGzEE
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Even bigger mistake! Thu, 29 August 2002 08:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so dude what actually happened
was he hammering it?
sbyder
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Even bigger mistake! Thu, 29 August 2002 09:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FULL CONDOLANCES TO U? Sad
That was an awesome car! What a waste Sad
Hows the motor? IS it just the body or is the motor off-line too?

Feel really sad now.
***Not letting anyone drive my car from now on***
If he doesn't pay up- is a bastard about it, sue, sue, sue!!!
What bad luck. Were u with him/in the car at the time?
Eye Spin Cry Nope No No No ARGH Sad Confused Shocked Mad
NOT HAPPY JAN!!!

Thanks
Ben
whiteGZE
Regular

May 2002

Re: Even bigger mistake! Thu, 29 August 2002 11:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I feel for you man!

I know exactly what its like when you've done absolutely nothing wrong to contribute to your car getting smashed up (dyno day).

I hope it all works out for you, and friendship isn't destroyed by money.

SUPRAGTE
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Even bigger mistake! Fri, 30 August 2002 02:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I said to him all day, "it'll spin the rear tyres,it'll spin the rear tyres, easy, take it easy".

He went to overtake and when he pulled out onto otherside of the road from what i could tell from the passenger seat he must have floored it instead of easing the power into it and as i said it would, it spun the rear tyres and he didn't control it. Off into tree, 180 in the air and then into the telegraph pole.

The motor "appears" do be okay. Might be stuffed when i pull it out though. I think the bellhousing is broken cause the engine is resting against the passenger strut, it may have hit it and rebounded. If that has happened the intake to head seal and bolts are probably farked and so its another engine as well.
GEE120
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002

Re: Even bigger mistake! Fri, 30 August 2002 04:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Paul,

My condolences mate, Sad such a nice car wasted. I dont know about you but if i were in your position i would have killed him. I dont think i would have been able to contain myself and would have lashed out at him. (with fists)

I he was being a lot more careful the different story all together, not sure how id react then.
Dragunov_RA60
Regular

May 2002

Re: Even bigger mistake! Fri, 30 August 2002 11:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
really sorry to see that

have a friend not interested in jap cars but even he said "oh no its one of those cool supras!" Cry
SUPRA MAN
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Even bigger mistake! Fri, 30 August 2002 11:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SUPRAGTE

Dude, I have an immacculate 1984 Toyota Supra. Red, Supra mags, 4 brand new 225 X 60 X 15 tyres. Completly stock standard, but Absolutly beautiful paintwork, beautiful interior, apart from yours, it is probably one of the most perfect red MA61 supras around. If you need parts for yours, I may have a few, Even a large custom made intercooler if yours is damaged.

Seriously, if you are looking for a decent supra to replace yours, and put your 7MGTE in, this is perfect. I havent got any photos, but I can organise some this week.

If you are interested, I live on the Central Coast, near Gosford, 1 hour north of Sydney.

Email me on
kristian.hancock@studentmail.newcastle.edu.au
if you are interested.
SUPRAGTE
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Even bigger mistake! Sat, 31 August 2002 05:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sounds good mate, how much are you asking for it?
Also(not to be picky) what colour is the interior? Mine is black and could be easily transferred in any case.

Yeah my intercooler also got minced, so it would be great to have a look at.

I'll email you too,
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Even bigger mistake! Sat, 31 August 2002 08:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Paul, have you spoken to Mr. Bunny??? I'm just wondering what will happen... Hows the motor??? The major engine components looked okay on the day but have you had a close inspection at all??? I gotta say, on the day, the car looked a lot worse... Maybe it was just the fact that it had just happened and we were all shocked or maybe it was because of that mean looking telegraph pole??? Hmmm...
Drew-AE86
Regular

August 2002

Re: Even bigger mistake! Sat, 31 August 2002 09:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
spewin mate

sorry to hear

crashing ur own car is bad enough, having a friend do it... Mad ARGH

geezus, i dont want to imagine what ur thinking atm...

jus do ur best and try to get back on the road, will do u some good cruising along the roads again
biggav
Regular

August 2002
Re: Even bigger mistake! Sat, 31 August 2002 13:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
main point is tho - are u ok? no injuries??
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Even bigger mistake! Sun, 01 September 2002 01:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This is why I'll be keeping a watchful eye on anyone driving my car when its finished.
Sorry to hear about your car dude, hopefully you can get it back to its former glory, even if it is in another body.

No denying the black is the nicest interior though huh? Razz
SUPRAGTE
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Even bigger mistake! Sun, 01 September 2002 06:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah rolla, i've spoken to him. We're working it out.
The basic engine looks ok from where it sits in what used to be an engine bay. I think the bell housing and all the mounts will be stuffed. Intercooler and brand new $300 tropical core radiator are stuffed. 7MGTE engine fan is stuffed. All my custom stainless intake is stuffed and the dual solenoid blitz boost controller is stuffed as well. All the brand new paint that i just got done from the windscreen forward is down the drain.Sad

Biggav, no, no injuries. I agrre that's importantant but if i had of been driving there wouldn't have even been a scratch. It wouldn't have been an issue. With that car you can have it drifting up to 120km/h and control it very easily.

Justcallmefrank, seriously after what i'm going through it's not worth letting anyone drive it. Your best mate or whoever. The financial side of it is a drama. I havn't slept one good night's sleep since the accident because i'm worried about what's happening financially.

It's just not worth it. As they say "never lend your car or your girlfriend, cause they'll come back FARKED". In the past while i've had both been done by separate "mates".
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Even bigger mistake! Sun, 01 September 2002 06:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shit dude, that sucks royally. You just have to think to yourself, things could be worse...hell, you could be dead...

But you're not. You don't need people that are going to try and f#*$ you around, I've found that on a couple of occasions.
EMP-2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Even bigger mistake! Sun, 01 September 2002 11:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Paul if there is anything i can help you with just give me a yell
ill be happy to help
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Even bigger mistake! Mon, 02 September 2002 06:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have to agree with Frank... When it happened, we were down the road stopped waiting for everyone... Then I got a call from Karl telling us that there's been an accident and it's pretty bad... At first, I also thought the worse... But luckily, there were no injuries...

Paul, what happened with the old lady's fence??? I remember that we were gunna do something about it but then we all left... That's good to hear that you are working things out with Scott... Whats the bill so far???

Don't you hate that... Just as soon as you get things finished they get ruined... I just hope that when my car gets finished it'll be okay until I want more power...

MaNGeW
Forums Junkie

Formerly TRD_RoLLa

May 2002
Re: Even bigger mistake! Mon, 02 September 2002 09:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SupraGTE:

Took me a while to take a look at this thread. Didn't realise it was relating to the accident. Ive seen your car at various cruise events and dyno days. You had such a nice car Nod , its a shame it had to end this way. Nope
My condolences mate. Cry
SUPRAGTE
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Even bigger mistake! Mon, 02 September 2002 12:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep thanks guys for all the offers of help, been fantastic!

I think my luck is changing:) Exclamation Wink Grin
After cutting the tendons in my hand and getting micro surgery, stuff getting stolen from my garage, my car getting written off and a lot of other things!

Got a new red MA61 on the weekend and things are working out with Scott. I've spent the past two days working on it and getting it looking schmick. It's comming along nicely. Looks alot like Ray's though.

Should be back to where I was in about 6 months. It's all happening, i slept last night like a baby. Best nights sleep ever!!!
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Even bigger mistake! Mon, 02 September 2002 13:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Good to hear things are finally turning your way dude. Good luck to you!
Now wish me luck in actually finding a decent Supra here in Perth! Very Happy
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Even bigger mistake! Mon, 02 September 2002 13:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That's good to hear... 6 months sounds better than 4.5 yrs...
EMP-2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Even bigger mistake! Mon, 02 September 2002 15:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
man thats great news Cool
im sure this this is going to be better than the last
i cant wait to see it in action @ the next dyno day Nod
Ribbo
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Even bigger mistake! Tue, 03 September 2002 00:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
good to hear a bit of positive Smile

hope it keeps up
SUPRAGTE
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Even bigger mistake! Tue, 03 September 2002 12:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Good luck Frank, it's so difficult to get a good one that you can see potential in that doesn't cost the earth to get good.
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Even bigger mistake! Wed, 04 September 2002 03:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frank - my dad may have his up for sale soon

hes in victoria though

photos if interested for a looksee are at http://photos.yahoo.com/big_dog_fun - under the supra folder

SupraGTE - congrats on the find - lets hope shes as good or better than your last one Smile

justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Even bigger mistake! Wed, 04 September 2002 04:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, I seen it, but I think the burgundy interior is a downer. Plus, I think he'd want a bit too much for it, being in such good condition and all. My budget stretches to more of a...fixer upper Smile
Corvid
Regular

May 2002
Re: Even bigger mistake! Wed, 04 September 2002 04:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fark Paul.. Condolences bigtime man.. after all those times you gettin a woody over that red paint at neds house.. Smile Laughing

oh well.. just strip the absolute shit out of it!.. take everything.. im sure ray will if you dont Smile hehehehe (hey ray if your reading) If the motor is rooted.. For sure its 2jz-gte time..
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Even bigger mistake! Wed, 04 September 2002 04:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nods - hes asking a price that would make you say OUCH - but really its worth every cent ..

the burgandy interior is ack - but i have figured out ways to make it more appealing - its just a question of stick with original - or please the eye
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Even bigger mistake! Wed, 04 September 2002 04:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've already got plans of redoing most of the interior in my car, and already tried a few ways and stuff, but the burgundy...thats just nasty.
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Even bigger mistake! Wed, 04 September 2002 04:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ha - well it did involve alot of vinyl paint + retrimmomg Smile

the white + brown stipey bits make it bad - get rid of them + it starts to look better
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Even bigger mistake! Wed, 04 September 2002 05:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, my methods involved a lot of vinyl paint, new carpet and stuff.
I was planning on swapping the seats for something without so much weight too. I'm getting my dash reskinned just so its a perfect new finish as well.

Do you recommend any particular brand of vinyl paint, the stuff I used was okay, but I'm not so sure how it will handle being in a car environment for so long.
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Even bigger mistake! Wed, 04 September 2002 05:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the seats are good - but i think they would eb the first thing id sell in fvour of some nice recaro's

the dash in dads is in perfect condition - no cracks - it would just need respraying to the colour o suit

door panels are the same

get the retrimmers to match the back seats to the front aftermarket buckets - and install a good stereo in favour of the old one + a new steering wheel

thats all id do - cost a few grand but the look would really suit the car

justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Even bigger mistake! Wed, 04 September 2002 05:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The seats are awesome, but have you actually taken them out before? They weigh a tonne! I was thinking something along the lines of Series 6 RX7 seats if I could get a hold of some.

The dash is just something I was going to do, my dash is pretty much 100% anyway, but I'm going to get it recovered so it basically is new again...

All my doors panels are good...and my vents are all good...now...

I've learnt some cool stuff about fixing some of the interior through my celica....now I want to bloody find a Supra but I can't!!! You should get your dads!
inertia
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Even bigger mistake! Wed, 04 September 2002 07:23 Go to previous message
So can you give us a range of what he is looking for it?

Damn Burgandy Laughing
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:burnout car
Next Topic:Forums Outage Tuesday Morning
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon May 6 17:13:57 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.007767915725708 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.