Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
maxdamage75
Regular

May 2002

Gamecube Sun, 18 April 2004 07:42 Go to next message
hey all I just bought a second hand gamecube from a game shop and it didn't come with the original box or manual, so i was wondering if it's supposed to come with the digital av out cable or do you have to buy it separately? i was also expecting an original controller but it came with a thrustmaster controller instead so i don't know if thats any good or not.
  Send a private message to this user    
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Gamecube Sun, 18 April 2004 09:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nah, they don't come with a digital cable in the box.

i dunno about the thrustmaster- but the original controllers are awesome, so is the wavebird- you can play your gamecube from outside, i love it. i dont have one yet though...

nah there's actually a shitload of great games for it, just no bastards stock them- poor sales = no-one gets the good titles in, which leads to poor sales, its a bitch of a circle.

i definately recommend...

the resident evil remakes (0 and 1)
legend of zelda: wind waker
timesplitters 2
super smash brothers

etc. plus i love nba 2003, stuff like that. Very Happy
maxdamage75
Regular

May 2002

Re: Gamecube Mon, 19 April 2004 02:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cool thanks for that. i was expecting it to have 5.1 out like the ps2 and xbox so instead i'm running it through pro logic 2. the thrustmaster controller is a bit dodgy so i'm gonna take it back. atm i've only got the games that came with it which are blood roar, ssx, dave mirra 2 and some winter sports game where you can do curling and figure skating Confused
i'm not exactly sure why i bought it other than my nephew would like it plus i figured ps2 has worse graphics and xbox is like a dumbasses pc
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Gamecube Wed, 21 April 2004 03:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i like your thinking via ps2 and xbox Laughing

i wouldnt mind gran turismo from the ps2, and segagt2003 from the xbox, and maybe halo, but nothing is as good as goldeneye was....

ill probably get soul caliber on the gamecube too.... good game, enjoyed it on xbox Very Happy
maxdamage75
Regular

May 2002

Re: Gamecube Wed, 21 April 2004 12:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Goldeneye was probably the best game on the 64, it was one of the reasons why i got the 64 to begin with.
Regarding the xbox i think it's just basically a computer. I've already got a P4 3ghz, 1 gb ram and a radeon 97 pro which i can use to do everything that xbox can do.
Anyway I can't believe how small the cube is. It's about a quarter the size of the xbox and probably 1/20 the weight and the controllers aren't massively oversized for ppl with hands bigger than their arms.
gtman
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Gamecube Wed, 21 April 2004 14:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I love my cube, I got it the day it launched and never regretted not getting a ps2 or xbox instead. Granted there are some xbox and ps2 games I want, like GT4 and topspin, but overall the cube rocks. Controller is by FAAAR the best of the three.

anywho, this is my cube collection http://users.ign.com/collection/gtman64

I would recommend,
Metroid Prime
Zelda
Soul Calibur 2
Harvest Moon
Fifa 2004

and for all you cube haters, ie. kiddy, crap graphics etc etc I have three words for you, Resident Evil 4

Gamecube exclusive, and has the best graphics I've ever seen in a game, hands down bar none
http://www.capcom.co.jp/bio4/movie/bh4_movie.zip
maxdamage75
Regular

May 2002

Re: Gamecube Thu, 22 April 2004 09:46 Go to previous message
i bought 007 agent under fire the other day and it has the most annoying controller setup. you use the joystick to move and C to strafe left and right and look up and down. The only problem is that for some reason C is a joystick (i have no idea why and i haven't come across many games yet that use it) and everytime i go to strafe it keeps looking up and down. Anyway to top it off, there's no auto levelling like Goldeneye had where if you look up or down and start moving it will automatically return to the centre. Also with mario kart it's annoying that you have to use your thumb to accelerate while trying to press x or y to throw shit.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Sigs on forums
Next Topic:bump
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 03:08:17 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0068519115447998 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.