AuthorTopic
Cressida Chick
Forums Junkie

April 2004
icon2.gif  women and the forum Mon, 19 April 2004 05:50 Go to next message

are we creating enough space for women on the forum?[ 0 vote(s) ]
1.yes 0 / 0%
2.no 0 / 0%

I personally would like more woman on the forums... Are we doing enough to encourage them?????

[Updated on: Mon, 10 May 2004 03:40]

Send a private message to this user    
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: should there be a more active roll for women on the forum Mon, 19 April 2004 06:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laughing Nice poll. Razz
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: should there be a more active roll for women on the forum Mon, 19 April 2004 06:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bit biased
coronamark2
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: should there be a more active roll for women on the forum Mon, 19 April 2004 06:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Should there be a more active roll for women on the forum?

yep

COOK OUR FKN DINNER

Very Happy
griminir
Regular

October 2003
Re: should there be a more active roll for women on the forum Mon, 19 April 2004 06:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Why certainly good sir, should your dinner taste of bitter almonds, that's just the... garnish. Very Happy
Draza
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: should there be a more active roll for women on the forum Mon, 19 April 2004 08:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
there is an active roll for anybody in these forums. If women want to be more active they require an interest in toyota's.

[Updated on: Mon, 19 April 2004 08:01]

draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: should there be a more active roll for women on the forum Mon, 19 April 2004 08:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
exactly
it's not like we have regular meets at strip joint or gentlemen's clubs (tho I do know some girls that would go for that)
the only thing that might turn women away is all the attention from the desperate and single amongst us
Lambolica
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: should there be a more active roll for women on the forum Mon, 19 April 2004 08:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Funny YOU should bring that up Draven Laughing

I agree we do have women on here and I view their posts and do my best to reply however very few of the women on the forum post in the tech sections (and when they do I can't answer the question Embarassed )
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: should there be a more active roll for women on the forum Mon, 19 April 2004 08:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think the obsession with gender-specific roles is not really going to help - the focus should be about ensuring that our activities do not actively exclude one gender or the other.

As well as making stuff girl-friendly, we should ensure that regardless of gender, people can have participate in activities and ge some sort of enjoyment/satisfaction out of them.

If you remove gender from the rhetoric then Daza's comment is spot on: criteria for involvement in forums is an interest in toyotas.
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: should there be a more active roll for women on the forum Mon, 19 April 2004 08:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm desperate and single - I never try and hide the fact Smile

never asked "how old are you" or "where do you live" or "what's your msn/icq/ph" to someone just coz they were a chick tho
Lambolica
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: should there be a more active roll for women on the forum Mon, 19 April 2004 08:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I still love you Draven... Very Happy
Backspace
Regular

May 2003
Re: should there be a more active roll for women on the forum Mon, 19 April 2004 08:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SIMDOG wrote on Mon, 19 April 2004 16:21

Laughing Nice poll. Razz

TokenBlackGuy
Forums Junkie

February 2004
      wtf is jabber
Re: should there be a more active roll for women on the forum Mon, 19 April 2004 09:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No...
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: should there be a more active roll for women on the forum Mon, 19 April 2004 13:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah of course women should be more active in the forum, if they wanna then why not? i haven't been here too long but the only reason i joined this forum was because all of the other forums seem to be real jerks to people who owned less sporter cars cars like the camry the thing that annoys me about that is they have the hide to say stuff about cars like camrys there slow and are crap but obvisusly have never owned one or driven one I don't see nothing wrong with a 4cyl camry (1987 onwards) with a five speed manual box I don't think there slow at all but for some reason people give people crap about stuff like that (suppose nothin better to do or insurce about if a camry is quicker then there car, who cares!)I think having an interest in cars is not about wether you own a ford or holden (commodore mainly) or any type of ricer or ledgendary toyota! Very Happy or what sex you are, it's about originalaty and to have a passion for cars or the car(s) you own it's not up to anyone else, it's what you like! both sexes deserve a say I noticed there aren't many women on here (maybe I don't know Laughing) but I have nothing against women being on the forums personaly Smile

p.s you may have read in some posts of mine were I have bagged out commodores (after what i said then) but i personally I think there overated I have never said they are crap though

pps I am seriously thinking of joinning toymods you guys seem a lot friendlier then alot of the other clubs hopefully when i am in a better money situation!

pp(oh you get the bloody point) women who r into cars might feel the same way as I do about a lot of other forums so yes I think there should be more women on here who are interested in cars (they are out there!)
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: women and the forum Mon, 19 April 2004 13:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Im shure norbie will be all for more women Smile

... wonder if hes still walking with a limp!

Allan
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: should there be a more active roll for women on the forum Mon, 19 April 2004 15:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I need to hear the whole norbie story - and how to avoid a swift blow to the groin (perhaps that was a poor choice of words...)

I love you too Heart Heart Heart
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: women and the forum Tue, 20 April 2004 04:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Norbie drinks alcomohol
Mel (Mel22) drinks alcomohol

Norbie and Mel playfight late on friday night (infront of a big group of toymodders)

Norbie cops a knee to the nads (at a damn swift pace) which is claimed to be in self defence! Shocked

She then recieves a lecture about how she should never do this again whilst everyone tries to help norbie. (im sure draven would have applied pressure to the area had he been there).

Mel continues to cop shit all weekend about it.
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: women and the forum Tue, 20 April 2004 04:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sounds like something I'd get involved in.
the number of times I've been accidentally hit/kicked in the nads is scary
Backspace
Regular

May 2003
Re: women and the forum Tue, 20 April 2004 08:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hahahaha. That reminds me of a scene in yr 9.
This guy in my class always pissed me off, but was always up for a playfight or something stupid like that.
Anyway, we were play fighting in class and he falls on the ground and starts bitching that i need him in the nuts (this is infront of all the girls and a few his mates), and he starts milking them for support and they start verbally attacking me, i defend myself with somethig along the lines of "i didnt get him in the nuts, he's just being a bitch"
Anyway me and the group exchange insults for the next 10 seconds.
He gets up and starts bitching again, i tell him to shut the fuck up and stop making shit up.
He got pissed off at me, so i said, "well, if you're going to say i did things that i didint actually do, i may aswell make it true."
So i kneed him in the balls then pushed him into a table (semi fight push)were he landed on the corner of a metal table.

Scene. Him lying on the ground in agony, clutching his balls and cant bend his back wimpering.
I laughed and walked off.

End product.
Him = Owned
Me = happy
Crowd/group = kinda shocked with mixed feelings.

Was a great day. Very Happy
Camry_omega
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: women and the forum Tue, 20 April 2004 10:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wow thats pretty violent, i wish i was there to watch.
It couldn't hurt to have more women on the forums, however being a car forum more guys seem to be interested in cars than women so it would make sense to have more male members.
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: women and the forum Wed, 21 April 2004 02:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I kicked a guy in the balls in year 7 for stealing my lunch after school (I hadn't eaten it at lunchtime and was hungry).

It wasn't supposed to be in the balls... just you know... a kick. Anyway he fell down pretty hard, and never hassled me again. I didn't get my lunch back, but I got satisfaction.
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: women and the forum Wed, 21 April 2004 07:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fuck..... this kid allways used to shit me at primary school. Anyways one day i couldn't take it anymore and wacked him with a cricket bat (on knee) funny enough, i never got picked on at that school after that Razz.

As for the nuts thing, i got knee'd in the nuts by a chick at a mates b'day. Also allan/stu etc would remember the chick that rocked up to the ballarat meet, she knee'd me in the nuts once and fully punched me at the cricket one day for no reason. she was one strange chick! NO-ONE DESERVES TO GET KICKED IN NUTS!!
NickAE86
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: women and the forum Wed, 21 April 2004 08:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

NO-ONE DESERVES TO GET KICKED IN NUTS

i totally agree...and at the risk of being flamed i say this is the only scenario where i'd remotely consider smacking the chick back (although i prolly wouldnt cos it's wrong...but it comes close)

balls are precious & sacred things not to be trifled with Evil or Very Mad
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: women and the forum Wed, 21 April 2004 09:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Clown wrote on Wed, 21 April 2004 17:24

NO-ONE DESERVES TO GET KICKED IN NUTS!!

It really hurts us girls so please don't I've been kicked in the nuts twice once in a fight at school in grade 9 and at a nightclub by a girl it seemed to hurt more from the girl but she said sorry though as she thought I was some one who tryed to crack on to her earlier that night but i do agree with what clown said
Backspace
Regular

May 2003
Re: women and the forum Wed, 21 April 2004 10:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If a girl kicks you in the nuts for no reason, or a pathetic reason, such as saying "go away" or seomthing like that, they forfeit the right to be protected by their gender weakness ann they'll get all thats coming to them.
Ie, broken cheak bones and the like.
Then again, if you did something harsh to her, you probably deserve it.
Smile
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: women and the forum Wed, 21 April 2004 11:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah all i did was i wen't up to her was about to say hi and she told me to f@%k off and kicked me before i had a chance to speak she then said "oh sorry I thought you were someone who tried to crack on me a few hours ago" and walked off I was so sore after that I made sure i never went near her again i have never been so embarrased before I copped some flack from my mates that night Laughing
bigg willie style
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: women and the forum Wed, 21 April 2004 12:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
girls dont seem to understand how sensitive the nuts are. like you might be messing around, and then she goes to hit you in the nuts jokingly, and you get all serious and she gets pissed off because she was just joking. but they dont understand.

another thing that hurts as much as getting hit in the nuts, is when the shoe/object just clips the bottom of your balls. kind of like they were getting flicked, but with a finger the size of a shoe. god damn, that hurts.
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: women and the forum Wed, 21 April 2004 12:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OUCH! Shocked oohh the pain of all!
griminir
Regular

October 2003
Re: women and the forum Wed, 21 April 2004 23:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If a chick kicks you in the nuts, It's open season to kick her back, right in the fork.
(after the guy uncurls from the foetal position that is)

I think if a girl hits a guy, that girl deserves to be hit back with equal force, IMO.

HSV_gal
Regular

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: women and the forum Thu, 22 April 2004 02:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmmm interesting descussion guys.

You will find that MOST of the time if you get kicked in the nuts you prolly deserved it, but in saying that,,, accidents do happen to....

then there is also the select group of girls that will lash out first and ask questions later....
But hey... when you stop and have a really good think about how much shit guys put us girls through most of the time....
well enough said Razz Razz Razz
Chuppa-AE86
Occasional Poster

April 2004

Re: women and the forum Fri, 23 April 2004 13:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Obviously the forums are open to both genders, just a matter of fact that majority of posts on here I've noticed are guys which shows yes they are more interested and that they have more time to find out about these sort of things unlike us chics who may only be able to get one here when they really need to know something. It's up to each individual how much they post etc.... I know myself that "guy" oriented things tend to outcast us chics but u guys do go "ga-ga" over a chic who knows what they're talkin bout...Ne way my speel is this "each to their own"

And as for kickin in the nads...in my opinion it only happens when he really deserves it and yes u do have a right to have open fire on the chic but come on look at the flack u guys get when ya hit a chic. Theoretically neither should hit or kick the opposite sex but hey shit happens and ya gotta deal with it somehow....As for fightin in school yes I was the chic who crack the hell out of guys for pissin me off...but i never kicked em in the nads....just kicked em in the shins....does the same thing and they're brought down to nothin.

Peace out

BTW I've taken out anger management and am glad to say I'm no longer a violent person....well less than I was
Anna
Occasional Poster

September 2003
Re: women and the forum Fri, 30 April 2004 14:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i am relitavly new to toymods and love all the info etc on toyotas as all my chick friends know jack about cars and i only have one guy friend to share my passion with, the rest of the guys i know i'm teaching them about cars, i get also get alot of shit for working in a workshop in the spare moments of my hols. i really enjoy the forum its just about the only place i learn about stuff im actually interested in.

as with violence against guys, i know i am often in fights with guys, i have one friend who asked me if i would fight him becuase he knew he could punch me properly with out have to hold back, he seemed to have no problems laying in to a chick. i have to say i am respectful of the nuts, but my ex knows that when you deserve it i won't hesitate.
Flem
Regular

May 2002
Re: women and the forum Tue, 04 May 2004 11:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ON THE SUBJUCTS OF WIMONS THERE WAS A CHICK AT TOYOTA SCHOOL TODAY SHE WAS A BIT OF A LOOKER, BUT WHO AM I TO JUDGE
Camry_omega
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: women and the forum Tue, 04 May 2004 11:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
toyota school??
Flem
Regular

May 2002
Re: women and the forum Tue, 04 May 2004 11:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
being employed by toyota and having heeeeeeps of cash theyve got there own school over in sutherland area us toyota mechanics go there and learn about toyotas ONLY. whent there today and testoday.
magicmitch
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: women and the forum Tue, 04 May 2004 14:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

He gets up and starts bitching again, i tell him to shut the fuck up and stop making shit up.
He got pissed off at me, so i said, "well, if you're going to say i did things that i didint actually do, i may aswell make it true."
So i kneed him in the balls then pushed him into a table (semi fight push)were he landed on the corner of a metal table.

u r a bloke but u still still gave him the dont argue with the knee Shocked ....very dissapointed...i understand a chick doing it cause they cant experience it..but a bloke a bloke..are u mental??? never knee or kick or anything to the fatherhood of a man... Mad
Backspace
Regular

May 2003
Re: women and the forum Tue, 04 May 2004 16:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
magicmitch wrote on Wed, 05 May 2004 00:31

Quote:

u r a bloke but u still still gave him the dont argue with the knee Shocked ....very dissapointed...i understand a chick doing it cause they cant experience it..but a bloke a bloke..are u mental??? never knee or kick or anything to the fatherhood of a man... Mad

Laughing
Smile
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: women and the forum Wed, 05 May 2004 01:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've been kicked in the nads so many times in TKD training I'm pretty sure that I'll never father again, it's so irritating fighting against people who simply cannot kick above belt level, so they try to kick as high as they can, which is amazingly, nad-high.

Ladies hitting guys in the nads is just mean! Also, excessive nad-related trauma can lead to serious health problems later on including testicular cancer, and testicular dysfunction. If you want to get a message across to a guy, just slap him, no need to go ballistic (har har)!

As for the women on the forum, I really don't see the big issue. I've seen this kind of debate on other forums so many times but it makes no difference. The fact of the matter is, for some unknown reason (well actually, it's mainly related to gender roles that are *taught* when people are little kiddies) the ladies just aren't as actively interested in cars as the laddies. As previously stated, making sure that the forums are non gender exclusive is about as much as you can (fairly) do.
Danners
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: women and the forum Sat, 08 May 2004 00:09 Go to previous message
Bit of a change of topic here guys? haha

"Are we doing enough for women on the forum"

to

"Have you been kicked in the nads recently"

Smooth transition Laughing

Dan