Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Cruises and Events » Can TOYMODS please come to newcastle?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Can TOYMODS please come to newcastle? Sun, 18 April 2004 04:05 Go to next message
I have been on the forum for 2 years now and you guys have never had a BIG cruise to newcastle, or if there was one I was working. I work MANY hours a week and I never get the chance to come to sydney..

Cmon, how bout it? Smile

I wanna show all the Newy ricers that toyotas rule. And a bit of toymods exposure on one of our big showcar sundays down by the harbour foreshore would be great. There is a great little carpark that could be filled with toyotas right near the harbour and the rice drag strip.

[Updated on: Sun, 18 April 2004 04:07]

Send a private message to this user    
BigWorm
Forums Junkie

Toymods Board Member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Can TOYMODS please come to newcastle? Sun, 18 April 2004 06:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey, we've been to Newcastle a few times & the last time we did (which wasn't that long ago) we had heaps of nice cars on display. It's a bit hard to plan something to suite everyone, especially when no one knows when you work.
I do shift work, so I only get every 3rd weekend off, but instead of missing out on all the cruises I started planning a few of them myself, on my days off of course, and look at me know, I've become the official Toymods Cruise Co-ordinator! Smile

Don't take this the wrong way, but might I suggest you look at organising it yourself, that way you can plan it for the best day for yourself, you can plan your favourite route & stop at your favourite spots. Along the lines of an old saying, if you want something done, you're the best person for the job. It can't be that hard, look at me, I manage to plan a cruise almost every month! Smile
Speaking of which, it's about time I organised a few more. Keep an eye out!
Cressida Chick
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Can TOYMODS please come to newcastle? Sun, 18 April 2004 06:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think a drive to newcastle would be fun. Do we go through the hunter Valley? cause that's a nice drive. Smile

[Updated on: Sun, 18 April 2004 06:50]

old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Can TOYMODS please come to newcastle? Sun, 18 April 2004 07:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Seeing as though I dont know anyone on the forum I am worried that if I organise one, no one will turn up. I live in newcastle and it would be hard for me to stir up enough interest from the sydney gang.

I work shiftwork too and I only get one clear weekend off a month. There is another week when Im on arvo, but yeah.

Bigworm, I know this must sound lame, but you mentioned that you would like to organise some cruises in the near future, if you do, could you organise another one through newcastle? I will chuck a sicky if I have too!

cheers

[Updated on: Sun, 18 April 2004 07:19]

Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Can TOYMODS please come to newcastle? Sun, 18 April 2004 07:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I agree with you oldie...

I havn't cruised there for a while... Make it a Sunday, cruise up the old pac all the way to Newy and aim to get to the foreshore at about 2pm...

[Updated on: Sun, 18 April 2004 07:41]

celicamad
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Can TOYMODS please come to newcastle? Sun, 18 April 2004 11:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey guys dont forget the Toyota Nationals are going to have an official dyno day in August .
Date to be set yet !!!!

This will be held in NEWCASTLE at Scotts dyno .if it suits do your cruze that day .well have a sausage sizzle or you can drive to harrys on the foreshaw about 2 mins from the dyno shop
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Can TOYMODS please come to newcastle? Mon, 19 April 2004 00:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dyno day in August huh? If it's late August I'll have my licence back and there's a certain ugly orange Celica that might make an appearance. Smile
captain chaos
Occasional Poster

April 2004
Re: Can TOYMODS please come to newcastle? Mon, 19 April 2004 04:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how 'bout a particular RED celica making an appearance?????
1gt48u
Regular

April 2004
Re: Can TOYMODS please come to newcastle? Mon, 19 April 2004 05:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that certain "red celica" is just a figment of peoples imagination. It will only ever be used as a pot plant holder Laughing
Wouldn't you agree Paul Laughing Laughing
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

icon10.gif  Re: Can TOYMODS please come to newcastle? Mon, 19 April 2004 08:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Don't forget the Bi Annual Toymods Dyno Day.

Toymods Dyno Day 9
July 4TH @ Premier Auto in Mount Druitt.

Same Prices as January and some new Trophy Categories as well Smile
Plus this year it will be run in "ShootOut" mode which is the new Dyno Dynamics standard for Dyno power runs. No more ability to fudge the numbers Smile

Keep an eye onthe Events section for all the details.

V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Can TOYMODS please come to newcastle? Mon, 19 April 2004 08:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ill try and get the ma61 going for the august dyno day Smile
celicamad
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Can TOYMODS please come to newcastle? Mon, 19 April 2004 11:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah we are all coming to the dyno day thats why we changed the nationals dyno day to August instead of July .

will most likely be late august

please girls get it right the red Celica is a Garage ornament .
And besides i have to let you guys at least think your in the race until the red celica is unleashed

i heard a rumour is that once celicanstein is born it will eat four wheel drive celicas as an entree a certain 2j for a main and shit green commodores after dinner Twisted Evil

as ive said before it will be ready for dubbo ..........not sure what year though Laughing

[Updated on: Mon, 19 April 2004 11:59]

3t-RA40
Regular

May 2002
Re: Can TOYMODS please come to newcastle? Tue, 20 April 2004 04:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Paul, I think I have the final say as to when your flano sheet, sorry I mean red car will be ready, because until I get your seat belts (which I have asked Grant about today) your not going anywhere. Very Happy Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil
Singlecam
Regular

May 2002
Re: Can TOYMODS please come to newcastle? Tue, 20 April 2004 07:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BigWorm wrote on Sun, 18 April 2004 16:33

I do shift work, so I only get every 3rd weekend off, but instead of missing out on all the cruises I started planning a few of them myself, on my days off of course, and look at me know, I've become the official Toymods Cruise Co-ordinator! Smile

I'm in the same boat too. I got sick and tired of everyone at twincam.org "talking" about having a cruise so instead i took charge and organised one myself. Since then i've organised quite a few cruises and have become the unofficial Twincam Cruise Co-ordinator Razz Even the official Toymods Cruise Co-ordinator has been on one of my cruises Very Happy
Singlecam
Regular

May 2002
Re: Can TOYMODS please come to newcastle? Tue, 20 April 2004 07:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BTW i'd also be interested in cruising up to Newcastle @ some stage.

[Updated on: Tue, 20 April 2004 08:02]

captain chaos
Occasional Poster

April 2004
Re: Can TOYMODS please come to newcastle? Wed, 21 April 2004 13:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
for the dyno day, lets just put a g-tech in the vehicle about to be run. and instead of running the car up on the rollers, lets see how much horsepower it can register on the g-tech whilst towing the red celica on a float??? Laughing (is that paul's teeth i can hear grating?)
1gt48u
Regular

April 2004
Re: Can TOYMODS please come to newcastle? Wed, 21 April 2004 21:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh yeah pauls gonna love that one Laughing Laughing
celicamad
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Can TOYMODS please come to newcastle? Thu, 22 April 2004 12:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its not you pulling the trailer that worries me .its the other pulling you do constantly

stop it or youll go blind Laughing

how did it take some of the great artists . thta is why it is taking so long for me complete my masterpiece.

and no doubting i am a great artist .. Very Happy
Bullshit is still an art
ps for sale a set of spark plug indexing washers . Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
wraith
Regular

October 2003
Re: Can TOYMODS please come to newcastle? Thu, 22 April 2004 14:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Want a looooong cruise? Go west young man.
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Can TOYMODS please come to newcastle? Fri, 23 April 2004 15:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for the replies, The Nationals at Scotts dyno tune sounds good. I might drop in and ask about it. I live right near there Razz Cruise afterwards would be cool
celicamad
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Can TOYMODS please come to newcastle? Sat, 24 April 2004 11:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The date has not yet been set with Scotts .we are waiting for thier brand new 4 wheel drive dyno dynamics dyno to arrive .and they will move to thier new workshop at wickham.

any questions regarding the dyno day can be reffered to myself or grant or check the toyota Nationals Webpage www.toyota-nationals.org.au
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Can TOYMODS please come to newcastle? Mon, 26 April 2004 10:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am re-ordering my parts in the next 2 weeks, so i should have the ma61 there by then...dunno if it would be resprayed though Sad is looking rather ugly with a white hatch and front guard, and faded paint.
if its not sprayed, ill bring the ma70 instead.
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Can TOYMODS please come to newcastle? Thu, 29 April 2004 07:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
any further news on when this dyno day is?

[Updated on: Thu, 29 April 2004 07:40]

celicamad
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Can TOYMODS please come to newcastle? Thu, 29 April 2004 09:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It will be august this year .no date set yet
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Can TOYMODS please come to newcastle? Thu, 29 April 2004 09:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks mate
Will there be a show n shine beforehand?

[Updated on: Thu, 29 April 2004 11:28]

Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Can TOYMODS please come to newcastle? Fri, 30 April 2004 00:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WTF? It's a dyno day!
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Can TOYMODS please come to newcastle? Fri, 30 April 2004 07:31 Go to previous message
its a nationals event, so i was wondering if theres anything else happening before it...or is dubbo the "big" one with show and shine only
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:any Sydney cruises?
Next Topic:Bells line of Road cruise & BBQ, Saturday 24th of April
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 11:46:03 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.007098913192749 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.