Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
rvrolla
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Dubbo Nats Thu, 15 April 2004 05:30 Go to next message
I was just rummaging through all the rubbish in the cruises section about dubbo, and all I can come across is whinging and bitching!

Seriously, from what I am reading, it doesnt look like it's worth the effort! I haven't been yet, but did intend on going hopefully next year, regardless if I have a Toyota by then or not. Seriously thinking otherwise now !!

How about youse all start your own speshal little thread called "My excuses for being beaten at dubbo" or something !

FFS!

Back to Performance Forums for a while I think!

Thank you for taking the time to listen to my bitching and whinging.
  Send a private message to this user    
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Dubbo Nats Thu, 15 April 2004 06:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dude..... i would have to agree with you on how things would appear from the multiple threads in the cruises section.....

HOWEVER

What you have to realise is that most of the people talking here have been involved in some harmless competitiveness all long weekend with other toynats antendees just for fun. What you are reading is a misrepresentation of this competition in the form of "cheap shots" which appear very bitchy.

This is then also compounded by the people posting who point out the apparent bitching who didnt realise that it was all harmless fun, and then very quickly things become serious. We all know the story.

Having been at the Toynats all weekend, and being smack bang in the middle of all this competitiveness, i have first hand seen (and been a part of) this harmless exchange of words which did nothing more than fire up a few bellies to bring out better performances - all the while making the event richer in competition and fun.

It looks bad - but this is seriously the single biggest event on my car calendar. I am already looking forward to next year. To give you an idea, i came home from the USA early so that i could be ready and go to the nationals. its fucking awesome dude, dont slag it.
rvrolla
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Dubbo Nats Thu, 15 April 2004 06:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm not slaggin Dubbo Nats, Im slaggin the BS in the cruises section. I (along with other as i have read) just wanted to know how everything went and the fun times people had. Not whingin.. Meh, I understand if I had have gone, I would see it differently, but from where Im sittin, it all sounds like a EGO fest.

The threads start off good, then turn into arguements.

EDIT: Logitech should make a keyboard for people with fat fingers... No No No

[Updated on: Thu, 15 April 2004 06:37]

GRLTOY
Regular

December 2003
  Creator of Mischief
Re: Dubbo Nats Thu, 15 April 2004 06:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Danners you whinging biatch, cut the crap you know you'll be there next year...there wasn't one other soarer (old skool) that I saw! *mind you...i may have been remotely blind and/or short-sighted* Laughing

See you next year then! If I've been ble to perfect my launches, I might line you up so you can kick my ass Wink
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Dubbo Nats Thu, 15 April 2004 07:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
there actually was ONE MZ21 soarer, owned by an older gentleman from ANSMA, who was taking photos of everyone's cars at the show'n'shine.

And Dan, i agree, some of the crap tehre is just that, crap. It was a sweet weekend and the threads do not accurately reflect the feeling at the nats.
rvrolla
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Dubbo Nats Thu, 15 April 2004 07:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GRLTOY wrote on Thu, 15 April 2004 16:54

Danners you whinging biatch, cut the crap you know you'll be there next year...there wasn't one other soarer (old skool) that I saw! *mind you...i may have been remotely blind and/or short-sighted* Laughing

See you next year then! If I've been ble to perfect my launches, I might line you up so you can kick my ass Wink

Haha no youve got me confused with another Dan who also lives on the coast and has a Soarer, I do not anymore :~(. Long 7M story..

But I'll be sure to tell him tonight ! Smile hehe
rvrolla
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Dubbo Nats Thu, 15 April 2004 07:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
THE WITZL wrote on Thu, 15 April 2004 17:03

there actually was ONE MZ21 soarer, owned by an older gentleman from ANSMA, who was taking photos of everyone's cars at the show'n'shine.

And Dan, i agree, some of the crap tehre is just that, crap. It was a sweet weekend and the threads do not accurately reflect the feeling at the nats.

Ok mate !

Anyone got photos of the Soarer?
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Dubbo Nats Thu, 15 April 2004 08:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It was a tops weekend and yes the bitching is merely an extention of the "competitiveness" of the weekend. Just deal with it, or dont read it.

I lived it and breathed it, scored a 9.81 on the last run, happy as. I have no complaints about my driving....perhaps one could say that traction on the track surface was lacking, but everyone faced this issue equally.

Im soooooooooo going back next year.
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: Dubbo Nats Thu, 15 April 2004 15:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dan - The Nationals was an awesome weekend. There's simply no other way to put it. Smile

I will also say that I'm less than impressed with some of the carry-on that seems to have popped up in most of the threads. It doesn't convey the full picture to those that weren't there and from the outside I agree much of it would probably look quite cat-fighty (if that's a word..)

All that said though, I'll definitely be back next year and will strongly urge ANYONE who's thinking about it to also make the trip. The good times that will be had will be remembered for a long time.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Dubbo Nats Thu, 15 April 2004 23:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey man,

It was an awesome weekend. I got on a plane and hauled my butt all the way from Perth just to be there, and I can safely say I'll be doing the same thing next year. Nod

There was some friendly shit-stirring that got out of hand when back on the forums, but truth be told it was all in good fun.

Me and CrUZsida will be driving over next year if that is any indication of how good it was!

Later,
Nathan
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Dubbo Nats Fri, 16 April 2004 03:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rvrolla, was there anyone there that said they WEREN'T going back next year? None that I could see (nor want to know about, so don't go find one).

The ToyoNats is an awesome!! event and everyone that has been once wants to go back next year. (and usually like to post their excuses for not going). Its a credit to the organisers that they can pull it off so successfully.
GRLTOY
Regular

December 2003
  Creator of Mischief
Re: Dubbo Nats Sat, 17 April 2004 04:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hahaha oops Embarassed my mistake...
Oh well...
car looked familiar...name rang a bell LoL
woo hoo only one blonde moment for the day so far Wink Laughing

Hopefully I'll be back next year with my OWN car Wink
Cressida Chick
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Dubbo Nats Mon, 19 April 2004 13:04 Go to previous message
Where there is people there is competition... Fact....
Toyota Nats are the best and everyone I know that went will
be back next year!!! Smile Bigger and Better and I can't wait...
Hoping for own car next year too Rolling Eyes mmm Just have to work more... or maybe just have to actually WORK Laughing
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:'cops are tops'
Next Topic:Whos not eating chocolate this easter!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu May 9 21:12:37 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.006152868270874 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.