Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Interstate Cruises and Events » Queensland » Gold Coast meets Brisbane Cruise - 8th of May

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
ae86-Levin
Regular

January 2003
Gold Coast meets Brisbane Cruise - 8th of May Mon, 19 April 2004 23:49 Go to next message
Firstly i thinK May the 8th is a good Date.

I ride my motorbike down in the mountains out the back of the gold coast nearly every sunday morning so i know the area like the back of my hand... (except i forget street/road names really easily lol)

I think a really good idea for the cruise would be for the Brisbane toymodders to meet at Yatala Bp and then cruise down all together to meet the Gold coast Toymodders at the Hungry Jacks/ Shell at Exit 79 on the Pacific MWY.

The Actual cruise would be to then cruise up Gold Coast - Springbrook Rd up the mountain (Good road with many corners).

Then turn down pine creek Rd (excellent road with nice long corners).

Turn right down Nerang - Murwillumbah Rd and go the the Hinze Dam(BBQ and Photo ops). ( Each person should bring his/her own food)

We could then travel further down Nerang - Murwillumbah Rd and then turn up Beechmont Rd to Beechmont and around to Canungra for fuel if needed.

We would have two options from here.
1. We could head up the 'goats trail' (Tamborine Mt rd) to Tamborine Mt and then split up from there. GCers down Eagle Heights Rd (turns into Tamborine - Oxenford Rd and gos to Oxenford). The Bris people could go down The other way that leads to Beenleigh.

2. Go Down Beaudesert - Nerang rd to Nerang

Pls reply to this post with your responses on the route and the date...

__________________________________________________ ______________
Attending

Ae86-Levin - Sam
Silvercil40 - Grant
MD0086 - Michael
Isaac
Mumblezzz
oldskoolrolla
People100 - (thechuckster riding shotgun)
Munki

People Who Need A Lift

thechuckster - Kenmore/Indropilly (west side)

[Updated on: Tue, 04 May 2004 04:01]

Send a private message to this user    
isaac
Regular

March 2003
Re: Gold Coast meets Brisbane Cruise - Date & Route - Tue, 20 April 2004 03:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I will probably be able to make it so put me down as a maybe. I have just lost my license so i don't want to do anything too stupid. - Isaac
DunkyMonkey
Regular

March 2004
Re: Gold Coast meets Brisbane Cruise - Date & Route - Tue, 20 April 2004 04:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i make it that sat, working all day, i'm off on the sundays tho
NickAE86
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Gold Coast meets Brisbane Cruise - Date & Route - Tue, 20 April 2004 04:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im just about to start a new job...if i dont end up working saturdays & my car is on the road by then i'll be there
mumblezzz
Regular

June 2003
Re: Gold Coast meets Brisbane Cruise - Date & Route - Tue, 20 April 2004 05:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sounds good, I do that run quite often. Lots of nice corners (watch the bridges when wet Shocked)
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Gold Coast meets Brisbane Cruise - Date & Route - Tue, 20 April 2004 08:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
to broke guys Sad.. have to come next time
MD0086
Occasional Poster

April 2004
Re: Gold Coast meets Brisbane Cruise - Date & Route - Tue, 20 April 2004 10:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah im down for this cruise
This sounds really good might even bring a friend of mine as well and anyone from south of the border can get a lift with me if they need it??
Michael
P.S HEY!!! i thought i said i was first on the list geez Very Happy Oh well what can ya do i spose

[Updated on: Tue, 20 April 2004 10:18]

thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: Gold Coast meets Brisbane Cruise - Date & Route - Tue, 20 April 2004 12:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i reckon the goat track up to Mt Tamborine would be good fun Wink

btw - how many folks were going to Willowbank on this day?
ae86-Levin
Regular

January 2003
Re: Gold Coast meets Brisbane Cruise - Date & Route - Tue, 20 April 2004 23:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
whats at willowbank that day?
MD0086
Occasional Poster

April 2004
Re: Gold Coast meets Brisbane Cruise - Date & Route - Thu, 22 April 2004 12:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Come on guys who else will be attending this evernt we should have more interest than this??
Michael
MD0086
Occasional Poster

April 2004
Re: Gold Coast meets Brisbane Cruise - 8th of May Fri, 30 April 2004 23:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bump
come on this should be a good day show your support
munki
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Gold Coast meets Brisbane Cruise - 8th of May Mon, 03 May 2004 07:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i will meet people on tamborine mtn u can call me on the day pm me for my mobile

Daniel
people100
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: Gold Coast meets Brisbane Cruise - Date & Route - Mon, 03 May 2004 08:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey chuck...are you going. If so can i get a lift with you in the sooooooooopra. My car is sucking to much fuel and i cant figure outt what it is.
oldskoolrolla
Regular

September 2002
Re: Gold Coast meets Brisbane Cruise - 8th of May Mon, 03 May 2004 13:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What time of the day is all this happening?

I have to start work at 4pm, but if its happening around lunchtime or so, then count me in!
I just traded my old KE55 Corolla on a '90 Corona EXIV, so I am itching to get out and rack up a few miles on the beast.

Cheers

Dan
MD0086
Occasional Poster

April 2004
Re: Gold Coast meets Brisbane Cruise - 8th of May Tue, 04 May 2004 00:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah a time would be good lol
Michael
ae86-Levin
Regular

January 2003
Re: Gold Coast meets Brisbane Cruise - 8th of May Tue, 04 May 2004 03:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I was thinking of meeting at the Hungry Jacks at Exit 79 at bout 10am. This means it will finish bout 2-3pm.

MD0086
Occasional Poster

April 2004
Re: Gold Coast meets Brisbane Cruise - 8th of May Tue, 04 May 2004 07:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So can we confirm a time so i can update this
I have posted on some other forums and would like to update my info
Michael
oldskoolrolla
Regular

September 2002
Re: Gold Coast meets Brisbane Cruise - 8th of May Tue, 04 May 2004 07:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sounds pretty good to me!

i think 10am is a good time, not too late and not too early
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: Gold Coast meets Brisbane Cruise - 8th of May Tue, 04 May 2004 08:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i'll have to decline folks - tha supra needs a bit of work to get it past a safety inspection (is why it was cheap), and some quietening of the exhauast - next time i'll be there. sorry guys. Sad
NickAE86
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Gold Coast meets Brisbane Cruise - 8th of May Wed, 05 May 2004 03:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i gotta work so count me out Sad
ae86-Levin
Regular

January 2003
Re: Gold Coast meets Brisbane Cruise - 8th of May Fri, 07 May 2004 04:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey guys...

Unfortunatly my AE86 has a couple o probs at the moment...

But cause i started this i will still be coming with my bike...

I hope to see yas there....

Any queries gimme a call on

0412 201 653

(if i don't answer it's cause i'm on the bike but i will call back asap)
NoYesWhy
Regular

April 2004
Re: Gold Coast meets Brisbane Cruise - 8th of May Fri, 07 May 2004 08:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sup Fools!!!

KLS is doing a ride from 7:30 Sunnybank to Gold Coast, If you want to join we could make a toymods brack. 50 KLS cars are gonna attend so if you want do it!
ae86-Levin
Regular

January 2003
Re: Gold Coast meets Brisbane Cruise - 8th of May Fri, 07 May 2004 22:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oops

[Updated on: Fri, 07 May 2004 22:27]

ae86-Levin
Regular

January 2003
Re: Gold Coast meets Brisbane Cruise - 8th of May Fri, 07 May 2004 22:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Don't think i will b attending now as it is raining and that is an ugly mountain when wet....
mumblezzz
Regular

June 2003
Re: Gold Coast meets Brisbane Cruise - 8th of May Fri, 07 May 2004 22:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah might be a good idea to call it off. That shit can get ugly in the wet. Shocked
ultimatechaos
Regular

March 2003
Re: Gold Coast meets Brisbane Cruise - 8th of May Wed, 26 May 2004 01:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
argh .. i didnt even see the notices Sad

dont check here too often ..

if you organise another could come one spam my email Very Happy

chaos@westnet.com.au

ae86-Levin
Regular

January 2003
Re: Gold Coast meets Brisbane Cruise - 8th of May Wed, 26 May 2004 02:42 Go to previous message
A new date for the cruise will b up soon...

I will email and pm all those i can before for notice...
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:BBQ and Drinks June 18th or 19th?
Next Topic:PUB CRAWL 22nd MAY!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 08:45:18 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0062081813812256 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.