Selling Cordia looking for 86 Fri, 09 April 2004 14:08 Go to next message
1985 Mitsubishi Cordia GSL
1.8L SOHC
12 months rego
5 speed
JVC sound system
Very clean in & out
good condition

My first and only car. Great car to drive. More power than you'd think. Very comfy semi bucket seats. Selling only because i crave to Drift!!

$2000 o.n.o

Also looking for Sprinter. NO engine preference. No mods needed (Gladly excepted) Must be well kept. Preferably NSW.

ANY HELP APPRECIATED!!
  Send a private message to this user    
shcao
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Selling Cordia looking for 86 Sat, 10 April 2004 00:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eight_Six wrote on Sat, 10 April 2004 00:08

Selling only because i crave to Drift!!

you could drift any RWD car.... A lot of people are under the impression.. "If me get a sprinter, and me get 100,000 initial D arcade points, me can be takumi".

well SUPRISE! Sprinters are not easy to cars to slide..

[Updated on: Sat, 10 April 2004 00:17]

boris
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
On probation

January 2003
Re: Selling Cordia looking for 86 Sat, 10 April 2004 00:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eight_Six wrote on Sat, 10 April 2004 00:08

Selling only because i crave to Drift!!

No No No

good luck with the sale Rolling Eyes
Tommo
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Selling Cordia looking for 86 Sat, 10 April 2004 00:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
take your cordia down a dirt road and use the handbrake to slide it around the corners. (more fun than you think!! Evil or Very Mad )
Eight_Six
Regular

April 2004
Re: Selling Cordia looking for 86 Sat, 10 April 2004 01:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just cause i've watched Initial D doesn't mean i want to make sweet love with Takumi. The Ultimate Drifter!!! Even i know it's just a cartoon.
I've been in a sweet as 16v levin and it what the most fun i'd ever had in a car... In the front seat anyway! Laughing

FWD just don't handle the way i like. The only thing i dislike about the car is that the front wheels drive it instead of the back!!

No offense shcao!!
NickAE86
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Selling Cordia looking for 86 Sat, 10 April 2004 06:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
have you bothered to do any research?

do you know how expensive it is to setup a sprinter for drift purposes...not to mention the running costs?

do us all a favour and buy a silvia...cheaper, more hp in stock form & IRS...dont ruin another classic Very Happy
Eight_Six
Regular

April 2004
Re: Selling Cordia looking for 86 Mon, 12 April 2004 03:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Sprinters were built to drift. It's what they do best. Why would i be ruinning a "classic" by doing what its likes doing!
And who says you need a $15K car to drift! Everyone was a beginner one day!!! Why would i want to risk harming a $15k silvia instead of a $5k Sprinter!!!!!! Everyone has there own reasons for buying a car! Get off my back!
tanman
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Selling Cordia looking for 86 Mon, 12 April 2004 03:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eight-Six:

A friend of mine in Newcastle is selling a Gemini (see advert). It is a cheap RWD car, that would be good to learn drifting in. If you stack it or break something spares are cheap and plentifull to.
SW20R
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: Selling Cordia looking for 86 Mon, 12 April 2004 03:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eight_Six wrote on Mon, 12 April 2004 13:27

Sprinters were built to drift. It's what they do best. Why would i be ruinning a "classic" by doing what its likes doing!
And who says you need a $15K car to drift! Everyone was a beginner one day!!! Why would i want to risk harming a $15k silvia instead of a $5k Sprinter!!!!!! Everyone has there own reasons for buying a car! Get off my back!

The sprinter wasn't purely Built for drift. It was made to show what the japanese can do with their cars.. Latest technology 16v engine better aerodynamics then a Porche.

Yes its rwd and it can get the tail to slide. But you are looking at Australian spec single wheelers which means only 1 wheel will initiate the slide so you cannot complete a proper drift. 5k will get you a sprinter and if your lucky a 16v one. then you'll need suspension, wheels, diff, lsd which is more money on top. alot of things will need changing as these cars started production in 1983 so alot of the parts will be frail and your only making things harder if your going to push the chassis by going sideways

If you want a car that was set up for drift. Go for a Silegithy which was created by nissan exclusively for the underground drifters thats why silvias are easier. its already setup and doesnt need alot of mucking around to get it properly sliding sideways.

nobody is on your back were just telling you the truth.

http://www.australianinfront.com.au/users/justin/ae86/catalogue/horses.jpg
_Why_
Regular

February 2003
Re: Selling Cordia looking for 86 Mon, 12 April 2004 05:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eight_Six wrote on Mon, 12 April 2004 13:27

Sprinters were built to drift.

and aren't we all glad that initial d told us this? Rolling Eyes

nah... everyone here is right... the aus spec sprinters do take a lot of work to get into a decent drifter... stock they are nothing... and by nothing we mean nothing... i've made the connection that the Ford Ka of this generation is the Aus Spec 86 of the 80's...

IF... all you want to do is drift... then go with that gemini... or go with a sil...

if your looking for a daily driver in which you can have fun with as well... the ae86 is more for you... but for pure drift purposes.... no... unless u want to spend money

thats just my opinion... afterall... i wouldn't know the sprinter if it wasn't for ID as well...

from my experiecne on these forums... initial d avatars incite disrespect Very Happy... anyway let's hope u really love the sprinter and show ur love for it by learning about it without the aid of Initial D

Peace out... good luck!
NickAE86
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Selling Cordia looking for 86 Tue, 13 April 2004 04:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Sprinters were built to drift

Rolling Eyes

what have you got to back that statement up? If i was thinking along your lines i'd have to disagree and state the rx7 was built for 'drifting' as it has a better weight distribution

to build up an aus spec sprinter solely for drift it'd cost you at least 8-9k (car with 4age 5k, diff 1-2k, suspension 2k & thats the cheap way, i've already spent 7k on mine and still have another 8-10k worth of work i want to do). Then you've gotta factor in panels which are becoming few and far between these days as more and more sprinters end up drifted into poles...running costs also need to be taken into consideration

im not having a go at you...i'm advising you to educate yourself on the subject matter before you jump into something & the unexpected happens

Quote:

Why would i want to risk harming a $15k silvia

because parts are a dime a dozen...inital cost may be more via a silvia but it'd pay itself off after the first "incident". Fwiw you can pick up silvias a lot cheaper than 15g these days(6-10k)...hell you can pick up early 90's r32 gtst's for 8-10k
http://www.prestigemotorsport.com.au/

you've gotta a lot of people on here that own sprinters telling you its not as easy as it seems & to look into it carefully....thats gotta say something to you doesnt it? i would take on board the advice

good luck
ricknismo
Occasional Poster

January 2004
Re: Selling Cordia looking for 86 Thu, 15 April 2004 02:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=32904&rid=4462&S=df49ae8bf7d6e01512a1fbb 391561c4f&pl_view=&start=0#msg_288844

i'm keeeeeeen to sell.
Eight_Six
Regular

April 2004
Re: Selling Cordia looking for 86 Mon, 19 April 2004 10:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
And the he said BUMP!!!
shcao
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Selling Cordia looking for 86 Tue, 20 April 2004 06:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I dunno about rx7s being the car designed to drift..

true, it's 50/50 balance, but it was designed to be a porsche beater...
that means severe road holding ability and higher horse power..
Having owned an FC, I reckon the sprinter is a bit more fun and responsive to slide... (even to get a little spinage require high speeds in the 7, and the prospect of hitting my car into a pole is something I experience all too often Smile ).

Bottom line, I don't think that there is any car designed to drift.. but if it boils down to a car in which does it best..
it's the silvia/180 (personally anyways)..

rock on.
SetMeFree
Forums Junkie

December 2003
Re: Selling Cordia looking for 86 Tue, 20 April 2004 06:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
S14 200sx = king of drift!!!!!

Good luck with the sale dude..... and just wanted to throw my 2 cents worth in, Grab a gemi as there pretty easy and fun cars to drift around.
86twinky
Regular

November 2003
Re: Selling Cordia looking for 86 Tue, 20 April 2004 08:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sell the cordia and get a CA18DET silvia for around $10k. It will work out cheaper than the sprinter. Parts are generally cheaper and more readily available than sprinter parts.
ricknismo
Occasional Poster

January 2004
Re: Selling Cordia looking for 86 Tue, 20 April 2004 09:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
why not a sprinter for a while then drop a ca18 in....
MR. 2
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Selling Cordia looking for 86 Tue, 20 April 2004 11:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
guys get off the guys back let him buy what he wants with out ppl jumping all over him it has been mentioned he may be better off with the silva for drift.... but he may want an ae86 regardless.... or might not have a spare 10g's
shcao
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Selling Cordia looking for 86 Tue, 20 April 2004 13:22 Go to previous message
how about a ke71 or A T18..

A LOT cheaper than a sprinter and *almost* the same (floor layout, etc).

If I were to buy a car based only on performance, etc.. that's what I'd do.. But I bought a sprinter (and payed the extra $$) cause of looks
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Melbourne sprinter wreck. $600
Next Topic:'75 TA22 for Sale - SOLD
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu May 16 15:09:47 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.13630604743958 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.